Author Topic: Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')  (Read 41663 times)

Offline seal75

• Kopite
Re: Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')
« Reply #520 on: March 19, 2017, 08:23:50 pm »
Because I'm asking you why you think the manager would leave a superior player on the bench. Origi isn't superior to any player that started the game. You said if a player is fit enough for the bench, he's fit enough to play. Alan responded to you and said being fit enough for 20 minutes isn't the same as being fit enough for 90 minutes. You said he was talking shite, or words to that effect. Klavan/Lovren is the perfect example.
What perfect example?
How do you know as a fact that Klopp rates Lovren as a superior player to Klaven? Have you got a chat with Klopp recently? May be you work with him on a daily basis to come up with statements like that?
Because you believe Lovren is a superior player than Klavan doesn't mean the manager is necessarily on the same wavelength as you.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #521 on: March 19, 2017, 08:24:21 pm »
That reminds me, need more Scampi Fries.
Ahhh god, Scampi Fries. England may well be morally bankrupt engine of global corruption, led exclusively by egomaniacal sociopaths, and with sports teams that seem to create hope only in order to make the inevitably pathetic failures all the more bitter, but we are the fucking undisputed world heavyweight champions of crisps. Who needs a functioning social structure when crisps of the quality of Golden Wonder or Scampi Fries don't even make it into most shops? What a land of deep fried plenty it is.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')
« Reply #522 on: March 19, 2017, 08:26:22 pm »
More than that and in the meantime everyone else strengthens as well.

You'd probably be better off going to support a sugar daddy club like City or Chelsea who have the resources for instant success. How much time should Klopp be given? Sacked this summer if we don't get top 4? Sacked next January if we aren't 10 points clear?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: March 19, 2017, 08:28:15 pm »
Poundland.  Multipack of them and Bacon Fries for...a pound.
They also do Seabrook's prawn cocktail, or at least they do down here in London. I'd give serious consideration to licking Wayne Rooney if he tasted of Seabrook's.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: March 19, 2017, 08:28:44 pm »
More than that and in the meantime everyone else strengthens as well.

We cannot expect them to stand still, we can only do what we can to keep up with them and eventually beat them. I want Klopp to still be here at the end of his current contract, and by then he'll probably deserve another one.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: March 19, 2017, 08:29:47 pm »
They also do Seabrook's prawn cocktail, or at least they do down here in London. I'd give serious consideration to licking Wayne Rooney if he tasted of Seabrook's.

He just looks like a potato, doesn't mean he tastes like one!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #526 on: March 19, 2017, 08:30:15 pm »
Great game that could of went either way, we didn't deserve to lose and put a good shift in. We still need that special player that wins games, Lallana, Firmino and the likes miss more than they score and until we rectify it we will always be also rans

We were quite lucky that Clichy decided to tackle Firmino and gave us the penalty before he could take the shot because as far as forms goes, Firmino would have missed it.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #527 on: March 19, 2017, 08:30:16 pm »
If we can beat the top six, surely winning against the dross is a much easier problem to solve?

Or am I just optimistic?

I don't think it is a easier problem to solve.

The top six will all come to play football and create space for us to play and that suits us down to the ground. The problem with the dross is they don't come to play and end up having 11 men behind the ball and we really struggle to break it down and we end up being countered time and time again. We need to find a consistent way of breaking these teams down and not leaving huge gaps for them to exploit. In my opinion we will find it harder to play against these type of sides compared to the top teams.

Until we can find a way to break down the dross, we will always find it difficult against them. It's vital that when we face these games between now and the end of the season we are patient and not lose our heads.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #528 on: March 19, 2017, 08:31:20 pm »
This planet.

The league isn't decided on a 'top six' league.

No it isn't, but you;d have to be pretty thick not to see that being able to beat the best teams means you must be doing a lot right. We didn't park the bus and hump long balls against City. We played excellent football.

The only way we could be 'miles away' would be if beating poor teams is intrinsically harder than beating better teams.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #529 on: March 19, 2017, 08:31:22 pm »
"if you're fit enough for the bench you're fit enough to start" is 100% British pundit bullshit. It's a fucking joke statement.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: March 19, 2017, 08:31:32 pm »
What perfect example?
How do you know as a fact that Klopp rates Lovren as a superior player to Klaven? Have you got a chat with Klopp recently? May be you work with him on a daily basis to come up with statements like that?
Because you believe Lovren is a superior player than Klavan doesn't mean the manager is necessarily on the same wavelength as you.

Maybe the fact that when they've both been fully fit and available along with Matip, Lovren has started ahead of Klavan.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #531 on: March 19, 2017, 08:32:24 pm »
I'm super confident that we'll finish top 4.  Not losing today was massive.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: March 19, 2017, 08:32:31 pm »
He just looks like a potato, doesn't mean he tastes like one!
;D

Seabrook's prawn cocktail do not in any way shape or form taste like potato. They're a chemical kaleidoscope that Mendeleev would have been proud to have discovered.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: March 19, 2017, 08:33:55 pm »
"if you're fit enough for the bench you're fit enough to start" is 100% British pundit bullshit. It's a fucking joke statement.
Right up there with 'but he made contact with the ball.'

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #534 on: March 19, 2017, 08:38:25 pm »
I don't think it is a easier problem to solve.

The top six will all come to play football and create space for us to play and that suits us down to the ground. The problem with the dross is they don't come to play and end up having 11 men behind the ball and we really struggle to break it down and we end up being countered time and time again. We need to find a consistent way of breaking these teams down and not leaving huge gaps for them to exploit. In my opinion we will find it harder to play against these type of sides compared to the top teams.

Until we can find a way to break down the dross, we will always find it difficult against them. It's vital that when we face these games between now and the end of the season we are patient and not lose our heads.

And the point still stands. We're doing the difficult thing already. We've struggled to do the easy thing on occasions - primarily in a period when some of our best players were absent at the start of the year. We've beaten Hull 5-1, Swansea away 2-1, West Brom 2-1, Palace 4-2 away, Watford 6-1, Sunderland 2-0, Boro 3-0 away, Stoke 4-1 and so on. We lost some bad games biut its not that we can't beat those teams, we evidently can, so it's down to a deeper squad and possibly mentatility and leadership.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #535 on: March 19, 2017, 08:39:21 pm »
Predicted a 2-3 & very easily could have been..either way too.
In all honesty i'd have taken a draw pre-game,going to Manchester City and coming away with something ain't too bad.

Was pleased to see Clyne more positive & overlapping at the right times.
Milner put in a proper old pro's performance,he was under a lot of pressure & coped admirably with  a lot of wide quality and pace,yep the worldie ball in from de bruyne was telling but you can forgive him for that-i really laughed out loud seeing him kick Sterlings foot to prevent a tap in!
It would be easy to slate Klavan for not intercepting de bruyne's pass,that split second awareness check Klavan did as the ball was played undone him,other than that he & Matip played well,loving Matip's passing outta defence-extremely accurate.

Gini & Lallana worked their socks off & the latter should have scored the easiest chance of the game.
On to Emre Can who i thought was shite..shite game..really shite..i mean really shite hot,the conditions were tough 1st half & Can was very brave,at least 3 top draw sliding tackles breaking up play just when i thought we had lost it.
Can stood up today & was the player we have been screaming for for a long time,that performance was Masheranoesque,fully committed,desire..all the clique statements and more,consistency is key..thats the benchmark lad-MOTM performance.

Phil is working his way back to fitness and form,he is looking a bit sharper every game,he needs a goal to boost his confidence..he cut in early on & spooned a chance he would have buried in early season.
Mane was superb too,his pace is electric & that itself is like an assist,love the guy & fuck he gets up well for a little fella.
Bob's quality,movement & all round brilliance was on show again today,he just makes us tick up front,,the fluidity of our play is mesmerising at times.

JK masterclass again vs one of the best sides in the league..City took 1pt off us this season.

Onwards and upwards redmen!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:46:29 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
« Reply #536 on: March 19, 2017, 08:39:45 pm »
Ahhh god, Scampi Fries. England may well be morally bankrupt engine of global corruption, led exclusively by egomaniacal sociopaths, and with sports teams that seem to create hope only in order to make the inevitably pathetic failures all the more bitter, but we are the fucking undisputed world heavyweight champions of crisps. Who needs a functioning social structure when crisps of the quality of Golden Wonder or Scampi Fries don't even make it into most shops? What a land of deep fried plenty it is.

Scampi Fries are most definitely not crisps. Also I believe originally started in Australia.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #537 on: March 19, 2017, 08:41:20 pm »
Maybe the fact that when they've both been fully fit and available along with Matip, Lovren has started ahead of Klavan.

The fact is mate, you don't know nothing because you're not in and around the coaching staff to know why player x was selected ahead of player Y and who are the players who are rated and who are not.

If you stop putting forward your opinions as facts and try to debate on that may be then I can give you some credibility.
In the mean time, have a good night.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: March 19, 2017, 08:42:23 pm »
Yaya looked like that fat 40 year old filling in for his mates Sunday league team hungover from the night before.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #539 on: March 19, 2017, 08:45:03 pm »
How many transfer windows will it take?

Plus everyone else around us strengthens

Lets not kid ourselves here

OMG are you seriously suggesting the clock should be ticking against the manager, when he has only been here for 18 months? The most rediculous post I think I have ever seen on here.  :butt
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: March 19, 2017, 08:45:46 pm »
The fact is mate, you don't know nothing because you're not in and around the coaching staff to know why player x was selected ahead of player Y and who are the players who are rated and who are not.

If you stop putting forward your opinions as facts and try to debate on that may be then I can give you some credibility.
In the mean time, have a good night.

This means I do know something then yes? I'm glad you agree.

Do you think Klopp rates Firmino over Harry Wilson?

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: March 19, 2017, 08:46:58 pm »
should of finished the game when toure's career was ending infront of our eyes, could of gone either way once he got subbed. not gonna give lallana stick, just made a pigs ear of it, the game is at a million miles an hour with players bustin a gut to get on the end of things. rather be kind to him than single the fella out for missing a sitter. we are in positions to win these type of games while having injuries to key players and coutinho being off the pace

run of fixtures of them type of games now, we've proven to be more of a match against the best in the league, time to flat track bully.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #542 on: March 19, 2017, 08:50:12 pm »
Great game for the neutral but must have aged 10 years watching that. Another tough one out of the way tho.
YNWA

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: March 19, 2017, 08:52:42 pm »
This was our last of the most difficult fixtures. Time to put together a 9 game winning run and seal 2nd now. Come on you Reds!
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: March 19, 2017, 08:53:11 pm »
One thing is getting no mention.
James Milner is a fucking phenomenal penalty taker.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #545 on: March 19, 2017, 08:55:57 pm »

He certainly is ice in his veins, wish the same could be said for Kloppy, as he couldn't even bear to watch it.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: March 19, 2017, 08:56:40 pm »

And holds the record for games in the league where he wins when he scores - 47 games, of which 37 were victories!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: March 19, 2017, 08:57:17 pm »
He certainly is ice in his veins, wish the same could be said for Kloppy, as he couldn't even bear to watch it.  ;D

Klopp never watches penalties, he watches the crowd for their response to the penalty.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #548 on: March 19, 2017, 08:57:34 pm »
And the point still stands. We're doing the difficult thing already. We've struggled to do the easy thing on occasions - primarily in a period when some of our best players were absent at the start of the year. We've beaten Hull 5-1, Swansea away 2-1, West Brom 2-1, Palace 4-2 away, Watford 6-1, Sunderland 2-0, Boro 3-0 away, Stoke 4-1 and so on. We lost some bad games biut its not that we can't beat those teams, we evidently can, so it's down to a deeper squad and possibly mentatility and leadership.

The fly in the ointment though Al is our inability to keep clean sheets. In the games you listed we kept two clean sheets against Boro and Sunderland the two teams with the worst attacks in the League only scoring 20 and 24 goals respectively.

Against the shite the two things you need are a tight defence and clinical goalscorer. We don't we give teams hope because we have an uncanny ability to concede in games we totally dominate. Plus we don't have a natural goalscorer which again lifts the opposition.

So personally I don't think it is the case that it is easier to find a way to beat the shite teams. We are much more comfortable against teams who come out and play. Who play out from the back and who commit players forward. Beating the shite on a regular basis for me will be more complex than just tweaking tactics. We will almost certainly need players with different attributes, who can sustain periods of being under the cosh especially away from home and nick a winner.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #549 on: March 19, 2017, 08:59:25 pm »

Aye, but I hate that camera angle showing the penalty being taken in front of the goal rather than the angle from which the whole match is being shown at. Just makes me more anxious.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #550 on: March 19, 2017, 09:00:11 pm »

Ask the Mancs (the red side). Get back to the cafe for a coffee.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #551 on: March 19, 2017, 09:01:06 pm »

WUM

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #552 on: March 19, 2017, 09:01:41 pm »
Klopp saying others wouldn't have started today as  Can's calf problem was troubling him again.

Makes me wonder what his ceiling is, because he was superb today..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: March 19, 2017, 09:02:33 pm »
Aye, but I hate that camera angle showing the penalty being taken in front of the goal rather than the angle from which the whole match is being shown at. Just makes me more anxious.

Always seems to make it look easier for the keeper doesn't it  ;D

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: March 19, 2017, 09:03:38 pm »
We're still looking pretty good for Top 4 even if it is in United's hands. One of their two games in hand includes City away I believe? Plus they'll have continued Europa involvement.

We're on a good little streak here and on paper have a kind run in... doesn't mean much for Liverpool mind. Still. I'm feeling confident.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #555 on: March 19, 2017, 09:04:17 pm »
This was our last of the most difficult fixtures. Time to put together a 9 game winning run and seal 2nd now. Come on you Reds!
Not for us, the most difficult ones remain.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #556 on: March 19, 2017, 09:05:25 pm »
Hard result to take after going ahead, but ultimately it felt fair. Missed on both sides. They were there for the taking at one point, and looked exhausted. On another day we finish it off at that stage but it wasn't to be.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: March 19, 2017, 09:05:32 pm »
Klopp saying others wouldn't have started today as  Can's calf problem was troubling him again.

Makes me wonder what his ceiling is, because he was superb today..
Exactly, he was playing like he had no issue, maybe it doesn't affect him that much in the game but more so afterwards?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #558 on: March 19, 2017, 09:06:47 pm »
Not for us, the most difficult ones remain.
It's true however there's still a possibility we will rediscover whatever it is that made us efficient against lesser teams till the New Year. It's still the exact same players.

Offline IvanDobskey

• Anny Roader
  • Mr Hoppeeeeee.....
« Reply #559 on: March 19, 2017, 09:07:02 pm »
Decent performance, bit unlucky not to win.

Badly need a clinical striker though.
I only said I done it so they'd take the rat out of me anus!