Author Topic: Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')  (Read 41650 times)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')
« Reply #480 on: March 19, 2017, 07:49:30 pm »
That was a humdinger wasn't it. I thought we were great, and they are pretty good too. So defo happy with point - but that miss! Holy cow!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: March 19, 2017, 07:49:32 pm »
Base on performance, may be Klavan has been on the winning side recently... why disrupt the backline ?

Or that Lovren has been out injured for a few weeks? You disrupt the back line to bring a far superior defender in if he's available. Lovren obviously isn't fit enough to play the 90 minutes. Did you see some of the things Klavan done in the first half?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')
« Reply #482 on: March 19, 2017, 07:50:10 pm »
Personally don't hold anything against Lallana for the miss. If you look at the replays the ball somehow doesn't bounce up as much as it should have (and where his foot was positioned). Must have hit a divot or something. Shit happens.

Also, on a seperate note we have now played all the top teams home and away and have not lost one this season. Nice job boys.

Behave, no excuses for missing that. Just one of those things, 99 times out of 100 he would have scored.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #483 on: March 19, 2017, 07:50:23 pm »
Emre Can.

Gets a lot of criticism, makes errors but never hides! And is only 23.......In the first few minutes when Phil over hit a free kick in to the box he was the only one clapping and geeing him up

That lad was amazing today so pleased for him. To see him burst through their midfield with the ball at his feet, and being so positive was so encouraging. That is the Can I want to go on seeing, come on Emre that is your marker.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #484 on: March 19, 2017, 07:50:39 pm »
Forget our home matches, those are 4 tough away games to have, especially West Brom and Stoke. Top 4 is going right to the wire.
Yip- if we get 21/22 I'd be happy. Should prolly be enough for top 4.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: March 19, 2017, 07:50:39 pm »
Draw was a fair result, both teams had chances to win it.

Can was superb.

On to winning the derby now.

That miss from Lallana was terrible.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:52:32 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: March 19, 2017, 07:50:47 pm »
Their fans are fucking paranoid sods - every decision against them in their eyes. Never seen such moaning ever.

What puzzles me is how Fernandino didn't get booked. Unbelievable !

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2017, 07:51:49 pm »
Their fans are fucking paranoid sods - every decision against them in their eyes. Never seen such moaning ever.

Somewhat paranoid yourself?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #488 on: March 19, 2017, 07:51:55 pm »

Bunch of spoilt brats. Booing James? They can sod off!
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #489 on: March 19, 2017, 07:52:50 pm »
With a fit centre forward we win that game...we rely on midfielders to score our goals and they are not as clinical as forwards. Change that and we will win more games...Well done though good performance

Offline BritishGas

• loved Heinz Baked Beans
  • Main Stander
« Reply #490 on: March 19, 2017, 07:53:05 pm »
We could've won, but didn't. We couldn't lost, but didn't.

It would have been perfect to have won this game and not left the 4th spot in United's hands but I trust the team to go on a bit of a run now.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: March 19, 2017, 07:55:13 pm »
James Pearce says that was Can's best performance in a Liverpool shirt and I have to agree with him.

Emre Can was the best version of Emre Can today.  Guy was excellent throughout.  That's the Can we saw last year and it's no surprise he's playing really well in his best position. 

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: March 19, 2017, 07:56:06 pm »
Behave, no excuses for missing that. Just one of those things, 99 times out of 100 he would have scored.

That was my first reaction, but my mate pointed it out to me and after seeing the replay I thought he had a point. Either way it was a missed golden opportunity.

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #493 on: March 19, 2017, 07:57:48 pm »
Haha. No we're not. If we get just a few better first team players, but keep hold of a lot of what we've already got (minus the ones that are blatantly not good enough), we'll be fighting for the league consistently.
How many transfer windows will it take?

Plus everyone else around us strengthens

Lets not kid ourselves here

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: March 19, 2017, 07:57:58 pm »
Oh..........How the fuck did Lallana miss that chance?   :butt :butt :butt :butt

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: March 19, 2017, 07:58:02 pm »
Fucks sake Adam ! How the hell did he miss that ? On second thoughts how the hell did Sterling and Aguero miss those and then Bobby missed his one on one ? A game of lost opportunities on both sides.

WBA did a huge favour to us yesterday. I feel a lot more comfortable with achieving 4th with this result behind us.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #496 on: March 19, 2017, 07:59:08 pm »
That was that 1 time out of the 100 he didn't score that- you said it yourself. Like I said- he's scored plenty of those and others he didn't have any right to. I can live with that miss.

By the same token- 99 out of 100, that Milner on Sterling pen is given at the other end.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:03:08 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: March 19, 2017, 08:01:43 pm »
Bit disappointed with the result but thats a pretty good thing I suppose when you go away to a team like City and are disappointed with a draw.

It was pretty funny/sad watching Traore in the 2nd half. It just seems like modern football has decided he cant cut it any more. Watching him labour so much on the turn after our players, and then just have nothing left to chase back with was a thing of beauty - and a bit sad as he was quite a special player a season or so ago. Shame, but ha ha. Guardiola taking him off was an act of kindness.

Theyre a good team with individually better players than us in most positions. Silva is still a fucking menace. De Bruyne was a boyhood red wasnt he? I'd like to have him at our place. Aguero seems like he's getting past it but when he decided to join in for abar 15 mins he was as dangerous as ever.

Thought Can was great today, and also thought Clyne done okay - especially 2nd half. Phil decided to take an hour off and start playing about 5 - 10 minutes before he was subbed off, and I must admit to screaming at Origi a few times for making it look like he was going to track the player with the ball only to jog alongside and eventually "hand him off" without a challenge. Maybe just me though.

Lallanas miss. Friggin hell!! And some of our decision making up front in the 2nd half was abysmal when they were stretched.

Good game to watch. Happy with a point and the performance, but a bit disappointed we havent come away with all 3.

I think we'll get 4th no probs.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #498 on: March 19, 2017, 08:03:15 pm »
What a load of bollocks. Mile off my arse.  :butt
We're miles away from winning the league.

Sorry but we are

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #499 on: March 19, 2017, 08:04:28 pm »
What a load of bollocks! Miles away from what?
Winning the league.

Is that not what we want to do?

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #500 on: March 19, 2017, 08:04:29 pm »
Or that Lovren has been out injured for a few weeks? You disrupt the back line to bring a far superior defender in if he's available. Lovren obviously isn't fit enough to play the 90 minutes. Did you see some of the things Klavan done in the first half?
I was talking about how poor Origi was when he came on, and has been all season, and you keep talking about Klavan here.
Have you got a problem with Ragnar Klavan? I don't !
He played in a game where we have conceded once and haven't lost away from home against a top four team, that's fine with me.
And he can keep his place for the next match... if the manager sees fit (fit is the keyword here  ;))
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #501 on: March 19, 2017, 08:06:28 pm »
Emre Can was the best version of Emre Can today.  Guy was excellent throughout.  That's the Can we saw last year and it's no surprise he's playing really well in his best position.
I would love to see Can compilation from this game, especially the tackles. Great stuff. 
Sweet assist for the penalty too.

Overall, the best performance by this midfield so far.
Where will Henderson fit in? Solid arguments can be made for all three present players there, but Henderson has been our best midfielder overall.

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #502 on: March 19, 2017, 08:06:50 pm »
Interesting. Looking through past posts, you suggested that 8 or 9 needed to be cleaned out at half time to Leicester. Have we improved since then?
We have actually.

Still miles way though sadly.

Let's not flannel

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #503 on: March 19, 2017, 08:08:12 pm »
STOP THE FRIGGING CROSS!

Time and again.
Does my nut in.

We need an upgrade on at least 6-7 first team players and a better bench.

Sadly, we're miles away.

We're in fourth and have five wins and five draws against the rest of the top six - on what planet can we be 'miles away'.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #504 on: March 19, 2017, 08:10:01 pm »
We're in fourth and have five wins and five draws against the rest of the top six - on what planet can we be 'miles away'.
This planet.

The league isn't decided on a 'top six' league.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: March 19, 2017, 08:10:03 pm »
I would love to see Can compilation from this game, especially the tackles. Great stuff. 
Sweet assist for the penalty too.

Overall, the best performance by this midfield so far.
Where will Henderson fit in? Solid arguments can be made for all three present players there, but Henderson has been our best midfielder overall.

That's what we need though right?  Good competition for places and difficult choices for the manager.  My guess is that the captain comes straight back in to the same position that he's been playing all year.  And he probably deserves to based on how he's played all year.  Harsh on Can for sure though. 

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #506 on: March 19, 2017, 08:10:27 pm »
If we can beat the top six, surely winning against the dross is a much easier problem to solve?

Or am I just optimistic?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: March 19, 2017, 08:10:30 pm »
Begrudgingly I accept the draw, I am not to disappointed because either team could have won, but we played well, well enough to win it, chances went begging for both teams, but we fought a little harder and had the better passages of play.
Can and Gini were really first class and the best 2 players on the pitch, I loved it when Can won the ball in our half and came forward with it, city backed off and instead of passing to a runner he upped pace and powered through the middle on his own, reminded me of some of his early performances for us, he can be a little Viera like when he's on it, he mentioned he has been playing with a bit of pain but now feels good, and good he looked.
Firmino was on his game as well, he is integral to the high press, and he got stuck in, a few nice interchanges with Coutinho as well. I think the big question though for next season is, does Klopp buy a finisher to play number 9, or does he keep Firmino in that position, we are the top scorers in the league, I think?, its a swings and round a bouts convo i guess, we will see, but in games like this you just want your forward to nip in with a diagonal run and smash it bottom corner, we missed a striker tonight I thought as city were open.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: March 19, 2017, 08:11:38 pm »
How many transfer windows will it take?

Plus everyone else around us strengthens

Lets not kid ourselves here

Given our manager has been here not even 18 months, another 1 or 2 yet.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: March 19, 2017, 08:12:32 pm »
We're miles away from winning the league.

Sorry but we are

Came pretty close a few seasons back. If people give Klopp time, he will turn this team into title challengers.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #510 on: March 19, 2017, 08:12:56 pm »
Also the only clear mistake he made was in our favor!!!!

You should both get your eyes checked.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: March 19, 2017, 08:13:16 pm »
If we can beat the top six, surely winning against the dross is a much easier problem to solve?

Or am I just optimistic?

You're right, it is an easier problem to solve and once Klopp works out how to do just that, we'll be awesome!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: March 19, 2017, 08:14:51 pm »
I was talking about how poor Origi was when he came on, and has been all season, and you keep talking about Klavan here.
Have you got a problem with Ragnar Klavan? I don't !

Because I'm asking you why you think the manager would leave a superior player on the bench. Origi isn't superior to any player that started the game. You said if a player is fit enough for the bench, he's fit enough to play. Alan responded to you and said being fit enough for 20 minutes isn't the same as being fit enough for 90 minutes. You said he was talking shite, or words to that effect. Klavan/Lovren is the perfect example.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: March 19, 2017, 08:15:04 pm »
What? Are you just making stuff up or are you actually serious? We're on a pretty good run at the moment and our top four rivals are hardly perfect.

How mad to suggest we need our best player on form
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #514 on: March 19, 2017, 08:15:33 pm »
If we win our 5 home games, we only need 3 points from the 4 away to get to 74 points. Have a look at United and Arsenals fixtures and see if you can see them getting pretty much league winning form for the rest of the season to get to 74 points
Not massively concerned about Arsenal but Yernited are like a bad smell, lingering around. Although they play horrendous football, they haven't lost for months and they have a habit of picking up points regardless of how they play. Hopefully the fixture schedule takes its toll.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #515 on: March 19, 2017, 08:17:17 pm »

Or am I just optimistic?
The problem with that is if you win home and away against the other teams in the top six you win ~30-points. If you can win home and away against the rest you've got nearly 89-points (very simplistic breakdown). Also, if we keep performing against the top teams, it's easy enough for the top teams to change tactics and play like a lower team.

The point is I'd rather have a system that beats the dross more often than not, than the top six, that's how United won countless leagues under Ferguson, by dispatching the dross with ease.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: March 19, 2017, 08:17:45 pm »
How mad to suggest we need our best player on form

Of course we need him on form, but to suggest that we won't get top four unless he gets his form back is a bit ridiculous!

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #517 on: March 19, 2017, 08:17:50 pm »
Would have been made up with 3 points, would have been gutted with none. City were putting plenty of passes astray after the opener and we could have been further up before they equalised. I thought Coutinho looked better than he had since his return while Firmino didn't have the legs today he had some decent touches. Both Can & Gini had good games.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: March 19, 2017, 08:17:56 pm »
Great game that could of went either way, we didn't deserve to lose and put a good shift in. We still need that special player that wins games, Lallana, Firmino and the likes miss more than they score and until we rectify it we will always be also rans

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #519 on: March 19, 2017, 08:22:25 pm »
Given our manager has been here not even 18 months, another 1 or 2 yet.
More than that and in the meantime everyone else strengthens as well.