Author Topic: Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')  (Read 41661 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')
« Reply #440 on: March 19, 2017, 07:18:56 pm »
100% a penalty. He kicked Sterlings right leg away when he was just about to slot the ball home, then completely took his standing leg out from underneath him. Pretty much 2 fouls at once. We definitely got away with it there.

Was Sterling offside anyway? Dont think he ever got back on. Could be wrong but I didnt watch the shite from the studio at the end.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #441 on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:01 pm »
That was fun! I mean I think we probably just have been beat at the end there but it would've been a fun loss anyway.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')
« Reply #442 on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:08 pm »
Horrible match, couldn't control it at all.

That's it now though, we either take advantage of our run in and finish top 4 or we won't. United aren't winning both their games in hand and Arsenal need to win theirs to draw level with us.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:42 pm »
Was Sterling offside anyway? Dont think he ever got back on. Could be wrong but I didnt watch the shite from the studio at the end.

Yeah, he was level with the ball when it was delivered. We got away with that one.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: March 19, 2017, 07:22:25 pm »
annoying thing about Utd's schedule is, they play WBA and Everton at home, then @ Sunderland as next 3.
All winnable but then again we are talking about that shower of shite. Hopefully they even lose to Sunderland.

Not that annoying. They've been crap at home, they've drawn more games than they've won. No guarantees that they walk away with 6 points from those two games. They'll beat Sunderland though.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #446 on: March 19, 2017, 07:23:08 pm »
An attacker with a killer instinct, wherefore art thou?...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #447 on: March 19, 2017, 07:27:19 pm »
What an insane game of football that was! Both teams  could've won it near the end. Chances galore but we were also very wasteful.
And Lallana.....Seriously?  That miss was absolutely criminal!

About the right result I think. But once again, the basics or lack there of have let us down again.
MOTM- Can

Need a focal point,  a striker. This rotational front 3 only works if they bury their chances consistently. They didn't do that today
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: March 19, 2017, 07:27:31 pm »

Injured?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
« Reply #449 on: March 19, 2017, 07:28:50 pm »
After our goal there was a short spell in that game were they were rocking and Toure had no legs left. We needed to get the second then, it would have killed the game.

We need more ruthless players.

I think we just ended toures time at man city. He looked like donkey in the Grand National.
SOS member 7832

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: March 19, 2017, 07:29:54 pm »
Stones getting the props for those two blocks but I thought, getting burned by Mane aside, Ottamendi was fucking class.

Don't feel we took advantage of that period where Yaya was goosed? We were getting in behind him at will but then some poor decision making once we got beyond.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #451 on: March 19, 2017, 07:29:55 pm »
James Pearce says that was Can's best performance in a Liverpool shirt and I have to agree with him.

Thought Matip and Mane both had decent games too, plus Origi played well when he came on.

Lallana though - that miss was horrendous.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #452 on: March 19, 2017, 07:32:35 pm »
Klopp: "They deserved their goal but we could have scored more. Attitude was outstanding. A lot of good football in a very difficult game."
"We could have won this game. We forced their goalkeeper to a few outstanding saves. We didn't close the game."
"Tomorrow I'll be happy with the point but today I'm a little bit disappointed."

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #453 on: March 19, 2017, 07:32:51 pm »
James Pearce says that was Can's best performance in a Liverpool shirt and I have to agree with him.

There was a brilliant moment in the second half, when he picked the ball up in midfield, looked at Yaya Toure and just legged past him with the ball. Was genuinely amazing albeit Yaya was dead on his feet.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #454 on: March 19, 2017, 07:33:42 pm »
Stones getting the props for those two blocks but I thought, getting burned by Mane aside, Ottamendi was fucking class.

Don't feel we took advantage of that period where Yaya was goosed? We were getting in behind him at will but then some poor decision making once we got beyond.

Ottamendi should have had a yellow in the first 2 mins with the tackle on Mane.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: March 19, 2017, 07:35:05 pm »
Just seen the highlights.Think we can be happy with that point. Milner on Sterling was a stonewaller, happy it wasnt given obviously.As for Lallana's miss. If it was for another team you'd question if he was on unders. Embarssingly bad but we are in great shape with ten games to go.Have played the rest of the top 6 twice now and have taken 6 points from Arsenal, 4 points from Chelsea, Tottenham and City and 2 paints from Man Utd.Thatsbloody good going.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #456 on: March 19, 2017, 07:35:26 pm »
What's up with Coutinho then?
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #457 on: March 19, 2017, 07:36:48 pm »
That's not our only problem. When our wide men have the ball and had beaten their men- there is no-one over the shoulder to square to. I'ts been a feature of ours since after Kenny's 2nd(and during Rafa's/Ged's time). We're always in-between the lines and so we can't really capitalize on our wide players strengths. This leads to us mistakenly diagnosing the problem as shite-wide-players, because we expect them to be world class all over, instead of just beating their man and sending it across goal.

Nother thing... even though the stats say we score a lot from corners, our defense against setpieces have been shite since Ged left- yep, zonal marking which we've employed non-stop since then.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:44:46 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: March 19, 2017, 07:37:24 pm »
Thought Can and Gino were brilliant. Decent result and the other teams around us have to play each other. We are in a great position for top 4.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: March 19, 2017, 07:37:31 pm »

Yes mate, was definitely onside
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #460 on: March 19, 2017, 07:38:13 pm »
STOP THE FRIGGING CROSS!

Time and again.
Does my nut in.

We need an upgrade on at least 6-7 first team players and a better bench.

Sadly, we're miles away.

What a load of bollocks. Mile off my arse.  :butt
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: March 19, 2017, 07:38:41 pm »
Klopp: "They deserved their goal but we could have scored more. Attitude was outstanding. A lot of good football in a very difficult game."
"We could have won this game. We forced their goalkeeper to a few outstanding saves. We didn't close the game."
"Tomorrow I'll be happy with the point but today I'm a little bit disappointed."

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

I'm kinda relieved and disappointed all in one  The game could have swung either way really.

But in the long term, you can't be upset with a point because losing in this game would have been a fairly big blow.

Got to really kick on in the next 5 games and make this point mean something.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: March 19, 2017, 07:39:13 pm »
Fail to score?

Yeah that'll be it. Cheers

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #463 on: March 19, 2017, 07:39:26 pm »
Yes mate, was definitely onside

Must have been the first time in the game he was onside, got caught off side so many times today.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #464 on: March 19, 2017, 07:39:28 pm »
Could have gone either way; both sides had shouts for penalties that were ignored.

Disappointed and relieved at the same time - Lallana could have finished them off and yet we escaped towards the end too.

Probably a fair result in the end - another good result after the misery of January and February. Onwards and upwards !!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: March 19, 2017, 07:39:33 pm »
STOP THE FRIGGING CROSS!

Time and again.
Does my nut in.

Sadly, we're miles away.

What a load of bollocks! Miles away from what?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: March 19, 2017, 07:41:28 pm »
Bloody wasteful by Liverpool, at 1-0 Firmino ought to have put that chance away. And then Lallana  :o

Thought Milner was great for us despite being left exposed to Sane and De Bruyne (by Lallana) with Silva also breaking off and running past them them but still managed to contain the danger.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #468 on: March 19, 2017, 07:42:00 pm »
What a load of shite. If you're on the bench but don't start all it means you're fit enough to start on the bench. If you don't understand that playing ninety minutes and playing twenty minutes off the bench require different levels of fitness you're just showing your ignorance.
That's your opinion and I find it as a load of shit too. If you are on the bench for a match of that importance then the manager believes that your are fit to play and have an impact on the game full stop.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: March 19, 2017, 07:43:26 pm »
That's your opinion and I find it as a load of shit too. If you are on the bench for a match of that importance then the manager believes that your are fit to play and have an impact on the game full stop.

Why do you think he chose to play Klavan instead of Lovren?

Also, what Alan said isn't an opinion. It's a fact. Managers for years, since subs were introduced, have left players on the bench that aren't fully fit. How often do you see players that have been out 4 or 5 weeks come straight back into the starting 11? There is a reason for that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:45:12 pm by not trying anymore. Don't care. »

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #470 on: March 19, 2017, 07:44:02 pm »
Well, we should get 27 points from our last 9 and wrap this up.

vs Everton
vs Bournemouth
@ Stoke
@ WestBrom

vs Palace
@ Watford
vs Southampton
@ Westham
vs Middlesbrough

Forget our home matches, those are 4 tough away games to have, especially West Brom and Stoke. Top 4 is going right to the wire.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: March 19, 2017, 07:44:55 pm »
Bloody wasteful by Liverpool, at 1-0 Firmino ought to have put that chance away. And then Lallana  :o

They were equally wasteful, to be fair.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #472 on: March 19, 2017, 07:45:01 pm »
1-1 I will take that.  Both sides missed chances and both might have had a penalty.

If you aren't happy with it then you need to ask yourself questions..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #473 on: March 19, 2017, 07:45:41 pm »
STOP THE FRIGGING CROSS!

Time and again.
Does my nut in.

Sadly, we're miles away.
Interesting. Looking through past posts, you suggested that 8 or 9 needed to be cleaned out at half time to Leicester. Have we improved since then?

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #474 on: March 19, 2017, 07:45:51 pm »
Emre Can.

Gets a lot of criticism, makes errors but never hides! And is only 23.......In the first few minutes when Phil over hit a free kick in to the box he was the only one clapping and geeing him up

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: March 19, 2017, 07:45:56 pm »
Forget our home matches, those are 4 tough away games to have, especially West Brom and Stoke. Top 4 is going right to the wire.

Arsenal are collapsing, United aren't that great, which leaves us, City and Spurs if they manage not to have their usual collapse.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #476 on: March 19, 2017, 07:46:19 pm »
Why do you think he chose to play Klavan instead of Lovren?

Also, what Alan said isn't an opinion. It's a fact. Managers for years, since subs were introduced, have left players on the bench that aren't fully fit. How often do you see players that have been out 4 or 5 weeks come straight back into the starting 11? There is a reason for that.
Base on performance, may be Klavan has been on the winning side recently... why disrupt the backline ?

And I won't take Alan or anybody else opinions as facts, because just like me, he's a nobody in the world of football.
He and I are on a football forum to vent our opinions, that's a fact.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:53:07 pm by seal75 »
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: March 19, 2017, 07:47:56 pm »

If we win our 5 home games, we only need 3 points from the 4 away to get to 74 points. Have a look at United and Arsenals fixtures and see if you can see them getting pretty much league winning form for the rest of the season to get to 74 points

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: March 19, 2017, 07:48:16 pm »
Personally don't hold anything against Lallana for the miss. If you look at the replays the ball somehow doesn't bounce up as much as it should have (and where his foot was positioned). Must have hit a divot or something. Shit happens.

Also, on a seperate note we have now played all the top teams home and away and have not lost one this season. Nice job boys. 

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: March 19, 2017, 07:49:23 pm »
Happy with the point. We played good football.

Very entertaining game too.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:51:27 pm by AaronSingh25 »