Author Topic: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)  (Read 87289 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)
« Reply #760 on: January 14, 2017, 10:42:34 pm »
Roboklopp

Nah he'd tell me I was doing really really well then replace me with a good looking young German

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #761 on: January 14, 2017, 10:43:48 pm »
Scholes talking about challenging for the league today on BT

This ends tomorrow

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: January 14, 2017, 10:47:17 pm »
Would love to have seen some of the bed-wetters' faces  at Molineux in 1976 with 25 minutes to go and desperately needing a goal to win the League...    watch this if you don't know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1-7GzqHjsE

I was locked out of the ground along with another 5,000 scousers  (the other 25,000 were inside) clinging to your tranny...when a tranny was a radio...to find out what was going on inside the ground and praying that we'd score and the League was ours.....

but do you know what? deep down we knew all along  that we were going to score and the League was ours...because we believed and we knew that we would do it. Believe.

And even if we don't win tomorrow there are five long months left and we've got Jurgen steerin our ship..

I remember listening to that on bbc radio2 on a radio in Ireland. Fantastic.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #763 on: January 14, 2017, 10:52:02 pm »
Would love to have seen some of the bed-wetters' faces  at Molineux in 1976 with 25 minutes to go and desperately needing a goal to win the League...    watch this if you don't know what I mean.

Just look at that end, all of them standing on the touchline as we work the third.  Beautiful stuff.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #764 on: January 14, 2017, 11:00:45 pm »
Scholes talking about challenging for the league today on BT

This ends tomorrow

Little deluded ginger c*nt's jaw will be scraping the floor again tomorrow.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #765 on: January 14, 2017, 11:10:47 pm »
It's my birthday today so I'm expecting a lovely belated pressy from the lads tomorrow.

What's all this shit about no chance of a title challenge if we don't win?  Sure we've not been at our best the last couple of games but we've not had our best team available either.

Loads still to play for, loads of time for everything around us to change and that fat lady hasn't even started her warm up never mind her singing.

Smash the miserable, arrogant, cocky fuckers into next week, fuck all this wibble wobblin.

Have some fuckin belief!!

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #766 on: January 14, 2017, 11:12:38 pm »
Hugely important game, not because its them, but because of just how good the top 5 or 6 teams are. we can easily slip out of the top 4. Really hard game, don't see much past a draw being a very good result for us. We look tired and mentally drained i truth. A win would be unreal but not impossible. They are on a good run despite playing pretty poorly. tough result to call.

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
« Reply #767 on: January 14, 2017, 11:13:06 pm »
I must say I'm very fucking nervous about this match. With Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all winning so well today we just have to keep up the pace.

I just know I'm going to be pissed by kick off.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #768 on: January 14, 2017, 11:14:56 pm »
Supposed to heavily piss down tonight & tomorrow.
Could hinder our natural game, maybe better go for a longer ball to reduce mistakes at the back and maybe catch Utd out.
Can defo see them playing it long.

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #769 on: January 14, 2017, 11:19:43 pm »

I was locked out of the ground along with another 5,000 scousers  (the other 25,000 were inside) clinging to your tranny...when a tranny was a radio...to find out what was going on inside the ground and praying that we'd score and the League was ours.....

but do you know what? deep down we knew all along  that we were going to score and the League was ours...because we believed and we knew that we would do it. Believe.

And even if we don't win tomorrow there are five long months left and we've got Jurgen steerin our ship..

Except this isn't 1976. It's a totally different era. i agree with you on the belief thing, i think thats been lost on a lot of our teams since 1990. I think Jurgen is bringing the belief back but it takes a very long time, we ain't winning the league as we don't have a good enough squad imo. Getting into the champions league is paramount, finish 4th and qualify for the group stage would be a brilliant season. Small steps.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #770 on: January 14, 2017, 11:24:14 pm »
Except this isn't 1976.

Nailed it.

Completely missed the point of his post too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: January 14, 2017, 11:26:46 pm »
Ffs
We are 5 points ahead of them
They need to win to remain relevant
We need to win to look at winning the league
We are the team, we will win this
This is where our leader sends out a statement

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: January 15, 2017, 12:25:27 am »
I remember listening to that on bbc radio2 on a radio in Ireland. Fantastic.

I was there for that as a young 13 year old. Had a ticket but bunked in with everyone else when the gates weren't opened.  Great great night. And you're right... None of us there ever doubted that we'd win.

Anyway, we'll beat these tomorrow, win the league and go on the lash in May.  And if we don't then we'll do it next year.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #773 on: January 15, 2017, 12:32:24 am »
The people mocking lads for saying this'll be a tough game are as bad as the "bedwetters".

We haven't been at our best recently. If we play as well as we normally do against an attacking side we should walk this. However, Mourinho teams have been a consistent thorn in our side.

I'm not confident, but I'm excited. We're as good as anyone on our day. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying they're also looking very good. It should be an interesting game.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #774 on: January 15, 2017, 12:46:34 am »
It goes without saying that the complaints about pessimism are ridiculous. We're playing a team only two places below us, a team who could potentially move within just two points of us tomorrow, and a team we haven't beaten in the league since 2014. Saying you're worried we'll lose this game is no worse than saying we'll annihilate them.

I'm slightly concerned about our energy levels. We seem to have looked more sluggish recently. At full pelt, with Mane and a fully fit Coutinho I'd fancy us to take the game to them. I think it's too early for Coutinho to make his mark on a game like this though. The likes of Firmino and Lallana will need to show their form from earlier in the campaign.

Looking at our form and theirs, I'd happily take a draw. A win would be unreal and help shift us out of our current rut. Just think this fixture has arrived at the wrong time for us.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: January 15, 2017, 12:46:54 am »
Except this isn't 1976. It's a totally different era. i agree with you on the belief thing, i think thats been lost on a lot of our teams since 1990. I think Jurgen is bringing the belief back but it takes a very long time, we ain't winning the league as we don't have a good enough squad imo. Getting into the champions league is paramount, finish 4th and qualify for the group stage would be a brilliant season. Small steps.
Jesus.

*Stirring post about believing and winning the league*

"We ain't winning the league."

Fuck off.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #776 on: January 15, 2017, 12:47:31 am »
Oh, and a competent refereeing performance wouldn't go amiss.

Offline jacdaniel

• "I don't care if people think I am a bed wetter".
  • Main Stander
« Reply #777 on: January 15, 2017, 12:48:52 am »
I don't care if people think I am a bed wetter.  I support a team that has been mentally weak since Rafa left and still is.  We're prone to conceding silly goals, losing finals, throwing away leads, bottling it when we get into a good league position.  Thats just the reality of being a liverpool fan these past few years. Over the last few years, we've been the team that collapses when the going gets tough.  And its going to get tough tomorrow.

I'm excited as well though, its a good chance for Klopp to show that this side can overcome that mental weakness we've had.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: January 15, 2017, 12:58:15 am »
Surely this is a contendor for most pathetic pre match thread ever?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #779 on: January 15, 2017, 01:01:26 am »
I don't care if people think I am a bed wetter.  I support a team that has been mentally weak since Rafa left and still is.  We're prone to conceding silly goals, losing finals, throwing away leads, bottling it when we get into a good league position.  Thats just the reality of being a liverpool fan these past few years. Over the last few years, we've been the team that collapses when the going gets tough.  And its going to get tough tomorrow.

I'm excited as well though, its a good chance for Klopp to show that this side can overcome that mental weakness we've had.

Real believer.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: January 15, 2017, 01:07:27 am »
Enjoy the season you miserable twats

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #781 on: January 15, 2017, 01:08:33 am »

The irony of mentally weak supporters going on about the team's mental weakness. As if this exact attitude amongst parts of our support haven't been part of the problem for years.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #782 on: January 15, 2017, 01:14:21 am »
The people mocking lads for saying this'll be a tough game are as bad as the "bedwetters".

We haven't been at our best recently. If we play as well as we normally do against an attacking side we should walk this. However, Mourinho teams have been a consistent thorn in our side.

I'm not confident, but I'm excited. We're as good as anyone on our day. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying they're also looking very good. It should be an interesting game.

There is no question they are looking good. They've won 9 in a row, and in many peoples eyes they are probably favourites tomorrow just going off current form. It's preposterous to suggest someone is a betwetter because they think it will be hard game. That and believing in what Klopp is doing here are 2 totally different things.

I think we'll be fine. Klopp's record against the big teams here is very good. Also, he definitely would have given them a bollocking after Southampton. We need to get back on track tomorrow and both Klopp and the players know it. It won't be easy for us but it will certainly not be easy for them either.
YWNA

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: January 15, 2017, 01:15:05 am »
I feel sick

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #784 on: January 15, 2017, 01:15:42 am »
The irony of mentally weak supporters going on about the team's mental weakness. As if this exact attitude amongst parts of our support haven't been part of the problem for years.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: January 15, 2017, 01:20:02 am »
We're going to smash these inbred c*nts
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #786 on: January 15, 2017, 01:20:57 am »
Fuck their 9 game winning run 8 teams were cannon fodder,they are bang average compared to some of Whiskey noses teams,lets twat these Manc bastards.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #787 on: January 15, 2017, 01:29:20 am »
Fuck their 9 game winning run 8 teams were cannon fodder,they are bang average compared to some of Whiskey noses teams,lets twat these Manc bastards.

I think we'll beat them. But our worst enemy is going to be us tomorrow, not United.
YWNA

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #788 on: January 15, 2017, 01:34:46 am »
If we're back to our best tomorrow we'll beat them, no way can they handle the type of football we played earlier in the season while they themselves have to have a go in their own place.
The worry is we look fatigued. Us running more (sprints & distance I believe) than any other team has been seen as a positive but doing that in combination with having a smaller squad than our rivals might be a problem for us. Even so, once the others except chelsea are back in europe in february we might see things level out a bit. I don't think tomorrows game is, apart from the bragging rights, that crucial for us; we have a nice run in and have already been in poor form for quite a while but kept picking up points. Be nice if we start revving it up again tomorrow though, they definitely won't expect it.

Offline jacdaniel

• "I don't care if people think I am a bed wetter".
  • Main Stander
« Reply #789 on: January 15, 2017, 01:36:21 am »

When we've only finished top 4 once in like the last 8 years and since November have dropped points to bournemouth, west ham and sunderland, failed to beat plymouth in the cup and didn't turn up at all for Southampton in the semi... its not so hard to see why fans are getting nervous.

I admire people that are able to stay positive.  But i for one am terrified.  The last few games we haven't been anywhere near our best and I don't see what will be different tomorrow. 

Hendo, Coutinho and Matip will be struggling for fitness.  Other players like Can, Origi and Firmino are struggling for form.
I believe we have a very good team when the above players are fit and Mane is available.  But we don't have a great squad.

By the time we have our best team back our season could be in great difficulty.  Thats my fear. 

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: January 15, 2017, 01:39:51 am »
Could be down to fifth tomorrow then. Champions league places look like a struggle let alone the title.

Or we could be on top of the world having beaten the enemy at their place. Be prepared for the worst, but believe in the best, eh?
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #791 on: January 15, 2017, 01:40:08 am »
I think there's a distinction to be made though. Taking into account the strengths of the opposition and other factors before arriving at a prediction doesn't constitute being "mentally weak".

Those short posts that say things along the lines of "we'll get hammered" with no further explanation? I'll give you that, those are annoying. I'm probably in the minority in finding the messages in the opposite direction pretty meaningless too though. Keep in mind all of this is in regards to online discussion. In the ground it goes without saying that optimism, even blind optimism, has an undeniably positive effect.

Anyway to bring us back on topic, am I right in thinking our last two wins at Old Trafford were 14 and 09? Must be one of the weakest records at one ground between the big clubs, barring Arsenal.

On a more positive note, what's Klopp's record against Mourinho? It must be pretty good. I know he's got a win and a draw against him so far with us, and I seem to remember a few wins at Dortmund too.

Offline JimmyRangles

• Kemlynite
« Reply #792 on: January 15, 2017, 01:41:53 am »
Come on Redmen, let's do these and go on a title run. Fucking charge.
Show em yer arse, Digger lad.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #793 on: January 15, 2017, 01:45:33 am »
Some idiotic comments in here

There almost half a season left

Yep. In a sea of shit, this is a golden turd of a thread. Some serious soft Arse comments in here, it's fucking tiresome and I can't see what enjoyment some get following LFC.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: January 15, 2017, 01:48:38 am »
since November have dropped points to bournemouth, west ham and sunderland, failed to beat plymouth in the cup and didn't turn up at all for Southampton in the semi... its not so hard to see why fans are getting nervous.

Yet we've seen a team go on a 13 game winning run, and the teams around us all go out  5/6 game winning runs, and still were only a win away from being second.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #795 on: January 15, 2017, 01:52:36 am »
Come 17.50 today if we are on a one game winning run i will be as happy as a pig in Shit.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #796 on: January 15, 2017, 01:54:52 am »

Agreed. I don't like being negative but it's hard to diverge into believing after the past 7 years or so we've had. Will take time to shift into "believers". However, win tomorrow and that process speeds up a bit

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #797 on: January 15, 2017, 01:58:24 am »
Team I'd go with:

--------------------Mignolet
-------Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
------------------Hendo Can
----Gini --------------------------------------Phil
----------------Lallana Firmino

Karius, Klavan, Moreno, Stewart, Lucas, Sturridge, Origi

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: January 15, 2017, 01:59:48 am »
Got a good feeling about tomorrow, reckon we will do these fuckers by a couple, make no mistake that this is a important point in the season for us both, we win and with the other teams doing the same Utd's season is basically over, let them get anything though and they are right back in it.

Good job we are going to stuff the c*nts though.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: January 15, 2017, 02:01:11 am »
Team I'd go with:

--------------------Mignolet
-------Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
------------------Hendo Can
----Gini --------------------------------------Phil
----------------Lallana Firmino

Karius, Klavan, Moreno, Stewart, Lucas, Sturridge, Origi
No way will Phil start and I doubt Hendon will either, defo night both.