Author Topic: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)  (Read 87290 times)

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)
« Reply #680 on: January 14, 2017, 07:05:13 pm »
8 points can be overcome, and we're barely behind the others.
Just look at the start we made though, we then dropped points against Bournemouth and West Ham, then casually went on another 4 game winning streak. Yet we could be 5th by this time tomorrow. In any other season we would be favourites, this is going to be a record breaking season, could easily take 80 points to finish top 4 which is absolutely mental.

Exactly! I think we'll win the league with Klopp, but we're doing great this season even if we don't end up as champions.
So do I but after the last few games I'm worried that he's underestimated the strength of our squad. We can't just interchange players and get a similar level of performance like his Dortmund side could.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: January 14, 2017, 07:09:18 pm »
Just look at the start we made though, we then dropped points against Bournemouth and West Ham, then casually went on another 4 game winning streak. Yet we could be 5th by this time tomorrow. In any other season we would be favourites, this is going to be a record breaking season, could easily take 80 points to finish top 4 which is absolutely mental.
So do I but after the last few games I'm worried that he's underestimated the strength of our squad. We can't just interchange players and get a similar level of performance like his Dortmund side could.

I can't see us dropping many more points, especially not against teams outside of the top six.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: January 14, 2017, 07:09:47 pm »
Tomorrow is a season defining game is all I'm saying, how we react to it will probably determine how our season will go. If we lose I think we'll end up in a battle for the Champions League places, if we win then I think we have it in us.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #683 on: January 14, 2017, 07:10:08 pm »
Tomorrow's game is not just about the points on offer but its going to give us a good idea where we'll finish.

A win could set us up like the Arsenal away game for another run in the second half of he season. A defeat and we're fighting for top four the rest of the campaign. Draws take on different meanings, lose four nil at half time and fight back 4 - 4 is not the same as conceding a last minute goal and it ending end 1 - 1. To catch Chelsea it's 3 points or nothing.

It's a hugely important game and it can go either way. They're favourites in my view.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #684 on: January 14, 2017, 07:10:13 pm »
Some idiotic comments in here

There almost half a season left
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline heroes123

• Main Stander
« Reply #685 on: January 14, 2017, 07:10:49 pm »
beat them, they wont make top 4. n that will be beautiful.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #686 on: January 14, 2017, 07:11:43 pm »
Tomorrow is a season defining game is all I'm saying, how we react to it will probably determine how our season will go. If we lose I think we'll end up in a battle for the Champions League places, if we win then I think we have it in us.

The press want you to believe it is.

If we go fifth then do be it.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: January 14, 2017, 07:12:12 pm »
I can't see us dropping many more points, especially not against teams outside of the top six.
That's the problem though, we need to beat the top teams to make up for 'those' games.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #688 on: January 14, 2017, 07:12:51 pm »
We're at the interesting point of the season now:

Win tomorrow and this will show that we are serious contenders. If we have any serious hopes of challenging, then only a win will do. If we do, then Chelsea will SHIT themselves as they will see we can't be shaken off.
Lose and we'll be in a dogfight for Champions League, with the need to get some sort of string of results back up in order to maintain top four.

In other words, it's a massive game for confidence both to the players and to the fans. Feel that the hurt of another loss will resound if it happens and we'll not recover, whereas a win will see us very much in a scrap until the end of the season.

Personally, I hope to fucking GOD that our lads don't want to settle for 2nd-4th and will go all out to win and keep us up with the rentboys and don't leave anything out there tomorrow.

Would love to hear "We shall not be moved" being sung again. Come on Redmen. Batter these twats. Guarantee that if we do, in two weeks time, the cockney bastards will be quivering.

Fucking get in there You Mighty Reds
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: January 14, 2017, 07:14:02 pm »
That's the problem though, we need to beat the top teams to make up for 'those' games.

Yeah, and we've already beaten three of the other five, whilst drawing with the other two. That also includes some games away from home, so they still need to come to Anfield.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #690 on: January 14, 2017, 07:16:13 pm »
The amount of knicker wetting in here makes it look like a half time thread.

How can a league be over with so many matches to play?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: January 14, 2017, 07:16:39 pm »
The press want you to believe it is.

If we go fifth then do be it.
For once, I agree with the view that we will not win the league if we lose/draw tomorrow. Only a win will do if we want to win the league. A loss of course or a draw will see us in a pack of teams that we really don't want to be with to be honest.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: January 14, 2017, 07:17:03 pm »
Some idiotic comments in here

There almost half a season left
Exactly could not agree more no extra points given out for a win tomorrow by either side. And yes some of the comments on here are so ridiculous.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #693 on: January 14, 2017, 07:17:28 pm »
For once, I agree with the view that we will not win the league if we lose/draw tomorrow. Only a win will do if we want to win the league. A loss of course or a draw will see us in a pack of teams that we really don't want to be with to be honest.

So if we don't win then Chelsea will win the league?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: January 14, 2017, 07:20:12 pm »
How can a league be over with so many matches to play?
The season won't be over - but the title challenge will be. Losing will completely take any contingency we have to drop more points and remain in the top 4. It won't be impossible of course, but we will need to win the vast majority of games and the psychological blow of losing to a contender for the same goal as us - especially them - is not something that will be easily overcome.

Anyway, it's all moot as we'll win. Fuck 'em

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: January 14, 2017, 07:20:22 pm »
"Bedwetters", "get a grip" and "grow a pair" all on one page, a RAWK full house ;)

Thing is lads we all want the same thing here. When you look at it objectively there are some extremely good teams in this league and winning the title will be hugely difficult. Losing any game knocks our chances and losing to our biggest rivals to go 8 behind and sink down to 5th would be a hammer blow for us.

Thats the thing with this game. While nothing will be won or lost tomorrow just look at the last few seasons and the massive boost that winning this fixture has given us both. United looked buried under van gaal both times he brought them to anfield, while we looked resurgent confident of overtaking them. They got the points at key times and kicked on to finish top four (and won the fa cup) while our league form capitulated completely and we dropped a long way back. Equally for us you look at the wins in 13/14; the belief beating them home and away gave us. Then the europa games, we were flying after those 2 legs and ended up in the final despite seemingly having to play a game every day and a half. So while on paper yes it is "just another game", we can only win 3 points, it has the potential to really get us firing again and equally the potential to drop out of the race. Particularly given our ropy performances since the bournemouth debacle.

I dont think we are necessarily out of it if we lose tomorrow but i wouldnt argue with anyone who did think that. 8 points is a long way back.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #696 on: January 14, 2017, 07:20:29 pm »

True. If we had beaten some of those lesser teams we could go into this one just looking not to get beaten (not sure many will agree with me on that, not our style i know but a point away against the top 6 is always a good result) instead we need to win this game otherwise we'll lose more pace on the leaders.

I think Chelsea have it sown up though even without Costa. Just have that same grit about them as Leicester last season except with an even better system and better players.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: January 14, 2017, 07:20:50 pm »

No it's not.  There will be loads of twists and turns especially after European competitions start up again. 

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: January 14, 2017, 07:22:01 pm »
So if we don't win then Chelsea will win the league?
Not necessarily Chelsea to be honest. I think they'll shit themselves and someone else will pip them. As it stands, I honestly think we will, but not if we're 8pts behind them end of tomorrow!

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: January 14, 2017, 07:22:33 pm »

Win, draw, or loss, we're in a back of 6 teams that all can get top 4 and we're in a pack of 3-4 teams that can win the title.  That's not going to change regardless of tomorrow's result. 

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #700 on: January 14, 2017, 07:22:51 pm »
People are freaking out. Keep calm. Tomorrow is just one game.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #701 on: January 14, 2017, 07:23:50 pm »
Not necessarily Chelsea to be honest. I think they'll shit themselves and someone else will pip them. As it stands, I honestly think we will, but not if we're 8pts behind them end of tomorrow!

Sorry but you are talking shit.

If we do lose then isn't the gap 7 points to Spurs?

So we will be one point behind them.....

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #702 on: January 14, 2017, 07:25:34 pm »
And they're performing just as well as us, they're not all going to implode.

There's not a person on this planet who could make me feel better about being in the trenches ........ maybe Robocop

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #703 on: January 14, 2017, 07:28:26 pm »

Almost their entire squad won the league 20 months ago and Contes used to winning leagues and they don't have any other distractions - can't see any reason to think they'll collapse. It's not over and they probably won't win as many points in the second half but they're unlikely dip much

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: January 14, 2017, 07:30:34 pm »
It's absolutely insane. A fraction under half of the season to go. A few weeks ago united were totally out of it. After we beat city they were done. Tottenham, Arsenal have all been variously shite at times. Chelsea were shite against Spurs and we battered them at their place.

We can play with no fear tomorrow - a bad result does not end our season. It may, however, end Uniteds. So everyone needs to start chilling the fuck out and watch Jurgen rub his big balls in Jose's tears.

people have been typing stuff like this for a decade on here and other than make opposition supporters laugh at us it hasnt covered us in much glory. Relax everyone, we're gunna win it! ...ah shit we didnt win it. But stop wetting the bed you cant win em all! Man the fuck up we'll win it next season. Ah right weve sacked another manager and we're out of the title race but stop wetting your knickers we'll still finish top four and win both cups! Etc etc. Im all for optimism but the constant hammering of people who dont believe that we are going to stroll to the title is tiresome. 

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: January 14, 2017, 07:31:38 pm »
I'm sorry but I've followed Liverpool for far too long to know they aren't going to overtake potentially 4 different teams to win the league after 27 years without winning it. I trust Klopp 100% and he knows himself he's not done with this squad. The Sakho situation wasn't ideal for instance, I'm sure if he'd made his mind up about him earlier we wouldn't be sweating on Matip coming back.

Anyway let's change the subject, this is easily my favourite goal against that lot, went mental when he scored this.

https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/videos/10155079323322573/

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: January 14, 2017, 07:32:02 pm »
Almost their entire squad won the league 20 months ago and Contes used to winning leagues and they don't have any other distractions - can't see any reason to think they'll collapse. It's not over and they probably won't win as many points in the second half but they're unlikely dip much

Hard to see them being stopped but you never know what twists and turns lay ahead. Who would have seen the Costa situation coming a week ago? Look at the injuries and key players we've lost. Maybe it will happen to them? Granted its frustrating at this stage as its out of our hands but we can only wait and see ... and more importantly try to win our own games... fck the rest!

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: January 14, 2017, 07:32:36 pm »
A front 3 of Phil Bob and Div for me. We need abit of pace to mix up our play should we need to and Divock is the only one left with raw pace. Really hoping Matip and Hendo are fit enough to start.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: January 14, 2017, 07:35:53 pm »
Wish we had a Sturridge / Origi hybrid. Sturridge doesnt have the pace but can always score a goal from nowhere and Origi has the pace but you wouldnt always back him to bang away a chance.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #709 on: January 14, 2017, 07:36:02 pm »
I'm sorry but I've followed Liverpool for far too long to know they aren't going to overtake potentially 4 different teams to win the league after 27 years without winning it. I trust Klopp 100% and he knows himself he's not done with this squad. The Sakho situation wasn't ideal for instance, I'm sure if he'd made his mind up about him earlier we wouldn't be sweating on Matip coming back.

Anyway let's change the subject, this is easily my favourite goal against that lot, went mental when he scored this.

https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/videos/10155079323322573/

But we could go back 2nd next weekend if we lose tomorrow......

I don't understand what you are saying.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: January 14, 2017, 07:38:09 pm »
Wish we had a Sturridge / Origi hybrid. Sturridge doesnt have the pace but can always score a goal from nowhere and Origi has the pace but you wouldnt always back him to bang away a chance.

;D

Although he's not quite ready yet but he have potential.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #711 on: January 14, 2017, 07:39:52 pm »
I think we need to play our natural game and not worry about them.

Press the shit out of Carrick and Jones / Smalling.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: January 14, 2017, 07:40:03 pm »
people have been typing stuff like this for a decade on here and other than make opposition supporters laugh at us it hasnt covered us in much glory. Relax everyone, we're gunna win it! ...ah shit we didnt win it. But stop wetting the bed you cant win em all! Man the fuck up we'll win it next season. Ah right weve sacked another manager and we're out of the title race but stop wetting your knickers we'll still finish top four and win both cups! Etc etc. Im all for optimism but the constant hammering of people who dont believe that we are going to stroll to the title is tiresome. 

Hehe! This is SO true. I've been supporting Liverpool for 30 years and for most of that period, the 'bedwetters' have been right. If we lose tomorrow it doesn't mean we definitely won't win the title, but the chances will be fairly slim. Admitting that isn't 'bedwetting', it's just using logic and experience to inform your opinion.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #713 on: January 14, 2017, 07:40:09 pm »
This game is quite interesting tactically.

For me the key to stopping them is disrupting Michael Carrick, and that needs a high pressing game, but then they could bypass that by going to Zlatan long.

I don't want to see Emre Can anywhere near the starting 11. The midfield has to be Henderson, Lallana, Wijnaldum. Coutinho, Firmino and 1 more up front, take your pick between Origi and Sturridge. I'd honestly rather see Ojo start in the front 3 and Lallana in the middle 3, than see Can in midfield with Lallana in the front 3. It just does not work.

This feels very much like Liverpool vs Chelsea in 13/14. Us being Chelsea in that situation. They will be fucking desperate to win. Desperate.

If we, keep calm, play for a draw they will give us 1 huge chance at some point and we have to take it. They will be convinced they have to win, they don't, and neither do we. We can let them beat themseleves if we're clever about it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:42:21 pm by Kop307 »
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: January 14, 2017, 07:40:18 pm »
God forbid That opposition supporters should laugh at a post I did on an Internet forum. I've no idea how I might live it down.

What are you on about.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: January 14, 2017, 07:40:57 pm »

So we cannot catch Chelsea but sides on the same or 1 point above can? I dont get that.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #716 on: January 14, 2017, 07:41:51 pm »
So we cannot catch Chelsea but sides on the same or 1 point above can? I dont get that.

Staggering logic isn't it?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: January 14, 2017, 07:44:12 pm »
Staggering logic isn't it?

I dont get it. Spurs were out of the title challenge before their last run. Now they can pip Chelsea.

We have the advantage coming into the second half of the season. If we lose tomorrow its annoying but we are still in it and I am still confident. We are as good as any side in this league.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #718 on: January 14, 2017, 07:48:39 pm »
I dont get it. Spurs were out of the title challenge before their last run. Now they can pip Chelsea.

We have the advantage coming into the second half of the season. If we lose tomorrow its annoying but we are still in it and I am still confident. We are as good as any side in this league.

I am with you.

Press will go over the top if we lose like they go over the top when we win and play well.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: January 14, 2017, 07:51:14 pm »
But we could go back 2nd next weekend if we lose tomorrow......

I don't understand what you are saying.
Maybe I'm predispositioned to disappointment, I am a serial moaner after all.

If we lose tomorrow, I think the title is beyond our reach. For me it depends on if Sturridge can emulate Mane's contribution but he doesn't seem happy playing on the right and he's been wildly inconsistent this season. If he could recreate the contribution he made in 13/14 then I would still be confident as it would add an extra dimension to our game.

Squad depth is the issue, Leicester must've made a sacrifice to the gods last season because if we'd had their luck with injuries this season we'd be right up there with Chelsea.