Author Topic: FT Sunderland 2 vs Liverpool 2 (Sturridge 19', Defoe pen 25' 84' Mane 71')  (Read 78412 times)

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
Re: FT Sunderland 2 vs Liverpool 2 (Sturridge 19', Defoe pen 25' 84' Mane 71')
« Reply #1280 on: January 4, 2017, 10:40:53 pm »
We gained a point , friggin knee jerkers

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1281 on: January 4, 2017, 10:54:17 pm »
We gained a point , friggin knee jerkers

Yes we did against Chelsea, stayed constant with Arsenal but we dropped two against City etc.

We don't want to let the chasing teams gain on us as things can change very quickly.
#JFT97

Offline Olde Dog

• Kemlynite
  • Y.N.W.A.
« Reply #1282 on: January 4, 2017, 11:32:22 pm »
Yes we did against Chelsea, stayed constant with Arsenal but we dropped two against City etc.

We don't want to let the chasing teams gain on us as things can change very quickly.

??? we beat City, no? How is that dropping two? We dropped nothing - no losses over the Christmas period, that's all points gained - behave ...

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1283 on: January 4, 2017, 11:34:35 pm »
5 points behind now which is nothing, but in saying that I don't feel that afraid of the teams below us in the table. Given we play these teams, bar United, at home I think we're in the best position out of the lot.

It's strange how it all works, isn't it? The mood on here would be different had we drawn with City and beat Sunderland, however that set of circumstances would have left us worse off in comparison with City.

All told, 13 from an available 15 with wins against Everton and City is a fucking good return. We're on track.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1284 on: January 4, 2017, 11:44:16 pm »
well what a surreal set of results from the christmas fixtures. The top of the table has become even more bunched up than before Christmas, and it almost sees like a case of "is the glass half-empty or half-full"?

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1285 on: January 5, 2017, 12:04:30 am »
great point that red men :D
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1286 on: January 5, 2017, 12:50:42 am »
well what a surreal set of results from the christmas fixtures. The top of the table has become even more bunched up than before Christmas, and it almost sees like a case of "is the glass half-empty or half-full"?

And Chelsea won 12 in a row, still only 5 ahead. That would be demoralising for them
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1287 on: January 5, 2017, 12:59:00 am »
. Up the reds
« Last Edit: January 5, 2017, 01:15:56 am by alonsoisared »

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1288 on: January 5, 2017, 01:03:36 am »
And Chelsea won 12 in a row, still only 5 ahead. That would be demoralising for them

Think it was actually 13, but yeah you've got to be gutted you're not further ahead after a run like that and only a better GD of 2 than us as well!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1289 on: January 5, 2017, 01:10:36 am »
We play City and United away, everyone else has to come to Anfield. The next match is massive, and so is the one against Chelsea at the end of the month.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: January 5, 2017, 01:21:18 am »
We play City and United away, everyone else has to come to Anfield. The next match is massive, and so is the one against Chelsea at the end of the month.

Chelsea game wiil be like a cup final. Winner takes all.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #1291 on: January 5, 2017, 01:21:50 am »
so if city, arsenal and spurs all win their next games comfortably (everton, swansea, WBA respectively), we could be in 5th (with a game in hand) before kick off at OT, only one place above our perennially underachieving hosts.

strange old league.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: January 5, 2017, 01:25:30 am »
Chelsea game wiil be like a cup final. Winner takes all.

Even if we win, imo it doesn't guarantee anything, it just puts us in a better position than we are now, but it's still a long way to go. Ideally I would like to nick the title on the last day of the season, that way the pressure is on them and not us.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: January 5, 2017, 01:28:05 am »
The United game is huge. We need to go and beat the c*nts - our record there doesn't fill me with confidence but our big game record under Klopp soothes me somewhat.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1294 on: January 5, 2017, 02:00:44 am »
The United game is huge. We need to go and beat the c*nts - our record there doesn't fill me with confidence but our big game record under Klopp soothes me somewhat.

Absolutely. It's two weeks away now and I'm pumped as fuck already. Have to beat those bastards.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: January 5, 2017, 02:22:49 am »
Absolutely. It's two weeks away now and I'm pumped as fuck already. Have to beat those bastards.

I hate playing those twats.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: January 5, 2017, 03:25:34 am »
Think it was actually 13, but yeah you've got to be gutted you're not further ahead after a run like that and only a better GD of 2 than us as well!
I actually look at that as us having the edge in goal difference, given that if we make up the 5 points we will definitely make up more than 2 goals difference. We also have the goals for tiebreaker.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1297 on: January 5, 2017, 03:35:38 am »

I don't know who it was that said it on here but I agree with them that if we win our next 3 we'll be in a really good spot going to in to February. Winning at United and Chelsea at home would be huge, because it would again be 3 points each against a top 6 team, and the others will have to play each other. We are better than all 3 of United, Swansea and Chelsea. Just have to do it on the pitch. I think we'd be close to top if not top if we managed to pull it off, and although it wouldn't decide anything but it would put us in prime position. The problem, and I think it's another one of those prioritization problems, will be how much energy we exert in to the 2 legs of the semi final.
YWNA

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #1298 on: January 5, 2017, 04:06:06 am »
One of my Manc mate saying Chelsea have peaked early. And Manchester United Can win the title.

I don't remember us peaking either. Can we have a better second half of season? January is massive especially with Mane missing.

We need iron out stuffs like losing points from comfortable position. Kill games off. It will come with experience. Just win against manchester United.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1299 on: January 5, 2017, 04:07:33 am »
I don't know who it was that said it on here but I agree with them that if we win our next 3 we'll be in a really good spot going to in to February. Winning at United and Chelsea at home would be huge, because it would again be 3 points each against a top 6 team, and the others will have to play each other. We are better than all 3 of United, Swansea and Chelsea. Just have to do it on the pitch. I think we'd be close to top if not top if we managed to pull it off, and although it wouldn't decide anything but it would put us in prime position. The problem, and I think it's another one of those prioritization problems, will be how much energy we exert in to the 2 legs of the semi final.

We haven't won anything in a while and I really want us to start this chapter of Klopp's management with a trophy, however it will be hard not to put more importance on the league fixtures imo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: January 5, 2017, 04:09:10 am »
One of my Manc mate saying Chelsea have peaked early. And Manchester United Can win the title.

I don't remember us peaking either. Can we have a better second half of season? January is massive especially with Mane missing.

We need iron out stuffs like losing points from comfortable position. Kill games off. It will come with experience. Just win against manchester United.

United have 10 points to make up on them and they're behind everyone else, and they have to do this whilst playing in Europa League. It ain't going to happen. Their run is partly to do with Ibrahimovic, and we saw what happens when they play midweek in Europe.

We and Chelsea have that advantage.

We survived without Coutinho, we'll survive without Mane.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1301 on: January 5, 2017, 04:11:32 am »
Guys, it is very simple - Chelsea will drop points at Leicester and we will beat them at Anfield. Top of the table at Feb start. Simple.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #1302 on: January 5, 2017, 04:13:04 am »
The Chelsea result this morning just makes the result against Sunderland a bigger kick in the guts. Fuckin' Anthony Taylor and his never-a-freekick-but-giving-one-anyway arse. Should be 3 points behind, not five. Spewing. They say these decisions even themselves out through the season, let's see how true that is.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1303 on: January 5, 2017, 04:18:23 am »
We haven't won anything in a while and I really want us to start this chapter of Klopp's management with a trophy, however it will be hard not to put more importance on the league fixtures imo

Yeah, it would be nice to win a trophy. But it's that catch-22 situation now. Do we prioritize the semi final or the 3 league games? It was be a tall order to win all 5 games with the same first 11 and squad isn't deep enough to handle it. I think if there is a realistic shot at the title, which there is, you have to go with a slightly weaker team for the semi finals. At least that's the way I see it. Maybe rotate Lallana, Firmino, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Coutinho.
YWNA

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: January 5, 2017, 08:34:28 am »
The Chelsea result this morning just makes the result against Sunderland a bigger kick in the guts. Fuckin' Anthony Taylor and his never-a-freekick-but-giving-one-anyway arse. Should be 3 points behind, not five. Spewing. They say these decisions even themselves out through the season, let's see how true that is.
I see it totally the other way.

It turns it into a point gained rather than two points dropped. If Chelsea draw one more game then the title is in our hands and we're over halfway through the season.

Not that we won't drop points again like, but imagine being Chelsea and going on that run, then within two weeks the cats are right back amongst the pigeons.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #1305 on: January 5, 2017, 09:27:18 am »
Nope, you're wrong.  Neither of Sunderland's games (Burnley away and Liverpool at home) were televised but they had to play on the same days.  So too Burnley (Sunderland Home, City away), neither of their games televised.

People are looking for excuses here and tiredness can not possibly be one of them when other teams (Chelsea apart - surprisingly) had to go through the same thing.
Modify message
Televised in the UK and televised around the world are separate things.  Selling the rights to televise overseas is where they make their money.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: January 5, 2017, 09:38:58 am »
We have only ourselves to blame, both penalty could and should have been avoided.
Believer

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: January 5, 2017, 09:39:40 am »
Its easy to over analyse some things.
The main point i was making was both teams played within 48hrs & it would be difficult to argue that we are a fitter squad.
Which is why i think blaming tiredness for the result looks a bit of a poor excuse.
We didn't use the squad.  Klopp has some to learn about rotation it seems.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1308 on: January 5, 2017, 09:41:56 am »

Too early to judge whether he's got rotation right or wrong I think.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1309 on: January 5, 2017, 09:47:27 am »
I would start Can in both semi finals, use him as a sub in the league games

Same for Sturridge (if fit) and Moreno

TAA and Lucas for home leg maybe but I guess it depends on what the score is from 1st leg

That would save legs for a few of our regulars. Coutinho being back is massive, Matip being back would be great. We're not as stretched as last season but im sure Klopp has an idea of how he's gonna manage this
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1310 on: January 5, 2017, 10:28:31 am »
I think the only change to the selection I would have made (without hindsight) to the team Klopp chose, is Origi for Firmino.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #1311 on: January 5, 2017, 10:48:48 am »
Plenty of chances to rest/rotate with the FA Cup game at home this weekend. In the end, we finally gained on Chelsea after a difficult fixture run.

I do wonder how Klopp will approach the semi-final first leg mid-week. If he does play a fair few of the reserves against Plymouth, does he reward them for good games by playing them mid-week as well? 

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1312 on: January 5, 2017, 02:23:01 pm »

Elaborate please,there a quite a few in here who have been critical of JK not rotating (exception of RS) without offering an alternative 11 & system to take the 3pts.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline d1ward

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1313 on: January 5, 2017, 02:40:36 pm »
I don't really think the rotation would have made too much of a difference. Like others have said, 2 goals is almost always enough to win away from home, just a strange game.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1314 on: January 5, 2017, 03:40:41 pm »
I find it disgusting how United are just 5 points away from us.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1315 on: January 5, 2017, 03:52:05 pm »
Elaborate please,there a quite a few in here who have been critical of JK not rotating (exception of RS) without offering an alternative 11 & system to take the 3pts.
There's any number of systems that might have been played, maybe more successfully, maybe not. They would have had fresher legs though.  Klopp himself said he doesn't have experience dealing with this, so it's not a stretch to think he might need to learn how to handle it better. I'm not pretending to know better, which is why I didn't offer my own solutions.

But to just throw out some possible lineups, purely to show that rotation was possible:
   Lovren Lucas Klavan
Mane                    Moreno
           Gini  Adam
                 Ejaria
        Sturridge  Origi

Or

Clyne  Lovren Klavan Moreno
               Lucas
         Adam     Milner
   Mane     Sturridge  Origi

Or

Clyne Lovren Lucas Milner
                Stewart
      Firmino        Adam
 Sturridge   Origi      Moreno

Or any number of combinations.

Again, not claiming any of these would have been better, but we had options. Especially the more we are willing to trust the likes of Ejaria, AA, etc.

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1316 on: January 5, 2017, 03:56:37 pm »
Too early to judge whether he's got rotation right or wrong I think.
Agreed. But I don't think this is something that can really be talked about in absolutes. It's a matter of being better at judging the risks and benefits of different selections. Not having done it to the same extent before, Klopp will undoubtedly be learning lessons as he goes.

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: January 5, 2017, 10:53:33 pm »
Yep. There is zero chance of corruption in football. We may have corrupt coppers, government members, drug cheats etc in other sports but no way it ever crosses over in to our great sport. Impossible.

And it might be systemic in FIFA, the global governing body, but zero chance of that trickling down into national governing bodies.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2017, 11:17:11 pm by Fluke »

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1318 on: January 6, 2017, 12:29:37 am »
??? we beat City, no? How is that dropping two? We dropped nothing - no losses over the Christmas period, that's all points gained - behave ...

I was stating that we lost two points compared to City when we drew with Sunderland. Since the league is so tight then drawing will always be bad.
#JFT97

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: January 6, 2017, 01:18:15 am »
Yeah I thought that discussion on the anfield wrap was a lot of horse shit to be honest
Klopp picks the team not the players. If a top level player has got to this stage of their career and doesn't understand the marginal gains / losses that fatigue is responsible for then that's on them.
 The idea that you pick senior players for every league game in case you offend them is moronic - whatever Klopp said about it in public there's no chance he's picking the team like that

It was kind of a tough call but not really - picking teams is what the manager does. If he'd made more changes everyone would have understood why.
My guess is he went with the settled team because a) he puts a big emphasis on players being in rhythm and b) he doesn't trust the alternatives - there's a big drop off beyond our first team
Couldn't agree more.