Author Topic: FT Sunderland 2 vs Liverpool 2 (Sturridge 19', Defoe pen 25' 84' Mane 71')  (Read 78656 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: FT Sunderland 2 vs Liverpool 2 (Sturridge 19', Defoe pen 25' 84' Mane 71')
« Reply #1120 on: January 3, 2017, 11:34:49 am »
it's pretty easy to explain. we used three substitutes who between them played around 50 minutes (moreno), 25 minutes (lucas) and 15 minutes (origi). against city we only brought on origi for 30 minutes, and lucas for 5.

on another day you would expect more than 2 km extra from those 14 players from yesterday vs. the 13 against city.

but anyway, there's something called football that came in between all the running. and it was clearly affected by tired bodies and tired minds. anyone who has experience of long distance running will tell you that covering reasonable distances is no guaranteed indicator that you are particularly fresh in body and mind.

Its easy to over analyse some things.
The main point i was making was both teams played within 48hrs & it would be difficult to argue that we are a fitter squad.
Which is why i think blaming tiredness for the result looks a bit of a poor excuse.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: January 3, 2017, 11:36:11 am »
Its easy to over analyse some things.
The main point i was making was both teams played within 48hrs & it would be difficult to argue that we are a fitter squad.
Which is why i think blaming tiredness for the result looks a bit of a poor excuse.

sorry mate, went off on one about what you brought up - but wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you or anything.

totally agree that it's a poor excuse.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: January 3, 2017, 11:36:48 am »
The leagues not corrupt.

What? You've investigating this?

Why has the game not modernised? Why do we still rely on fuckwits to make decisions on the pitch, when the camera is in realtime and picks out the decisions as fast as the ref in commentary, think about it, why the fuck we still playing this way, it's madness, or there's another reason, some kind of favouritism in certain circumstances. How can anyone explain that sending off for West game last night lol

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: January 3, 2017, 11:43:59 am »
What? You've investigating this?

Why has the game not modernised? Why do we still rely on fuckwits to make decisions on the pitch, when the camera is in realtime and picks out the decisions as fast as the ref in commentary, think about it, why the fuck we still playing this way, it's madness, or there's another reason, some kind of favouritism in certain circumstances. How can anyone explain that sending off for West game last night lol
If you genuinely believe the league is corrupt then it's probably your responsibility to prove it rather than the other way round.

Funny how whenever we drop points the team and manager is infallible but the league is corrupt.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #1124 on: January 3, 2017, 11:47:08 am »
Apologies a bit late to the party, but Happy New Year Rawk. :wave

Wasn't the best start to 2017, but it confirmed the one thing we all knew; David Moyes is a massive fucking quim.

Once a winner always a winner that man.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1125 on: January 3, 2017, 12:02:08 pm »
If you genuinely believe the league is corrupt then it's probably your responsibility to prove it rather than the other way round.

Funny how whenever we drop points the team and manager is infallible but the league is corrupt.

Why do Chelsea get extra rest for the Christmas fixtures?

After repeated incidents of failing to control their players they were told after the spurs game last season that they would face a points deduction if it happened again. It did happen again.  There was no points deduction.

Richard Scudamore prefers it if Manchester United are successful.

Im not saying its corrupt, but the assumption isn't absurd.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1126 on: January 3, 2017, 12:05:24 pm »
Not wishing to be a clever dick in what way ?
We had more shots on target and more possession.

Defoe makes it 2-1 and we are chasing match
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: January 3, 2017, 12:10:57 pm »
Defoe makes it 2-1 and we are chasing match
Mane scores his headed chance and we are out of sight.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1128 on: January 3, 2017, 12:12:37 pm »
Mane scores his headed chance and we are out of sight.

Yep - fine lines

Can't win every match

We finished 8th last year
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: January 3, 2017, 12:15:42 pm »

Why do Chelsea get extra rest for the Christmas fixtures?

After repeated incidents of failing to control their players they were told after the spurs game last season that they would face a points deduction if it happened again. It did happen again.  There was no points deduction.

Richard Scudamore prefers it if Manchester United are successful.

Im not saying its corrupt, but the assumption isn't absurd.

Because of Sky wasn't it? Alright it's a piss take to bow down to the TV companies but it doesn't make the league corrupt. What's Scudamore got to do with it? He clearly isn't doing much of a good job at fixing it seeing as United are down in sixth. As for this about a points deduction, I hadn't heard of that but to me that's just another case of the FA being spineless rather than corrupt. Like they'd be up for the shitstorm that would come from deducting points from a team for failing to control their players. I didn't see but I read that Klopp was bombarding the ref at the end of the game yesterday, I suppose we should be on our last warning as well.

We've been giving United fans both barrels for crying corruption all season, one shit draw later and it's our turn to call foul.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2017, 12:17:22 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1130 on: January 3, 2017, 12:25:14 pm »
We looked leggy. Maybe klopp could have used the squad more today. Either way, 4 from 6 is not too bad. Let's wait and see what happens. It could still be a point gained on Chelsea.

True. People are focused on Can's performance, but Lallana and Gini were mentally/physically fatigued too and that put more pressure defensively on the deeper midfielder as well as not presenting great options for Can's attempts to get the ball forward. But where was Klopp going to find a midfielder that could replace Lallana or Gini? Coutinho is injured. Lucas can't do it. Gujic is injured. Other than that there are kids...

Klopp could have replaced Henderson with Lucas playing behind Can & Lallana/Gini. But I think he has mentioned that he wanted some continuity. I think he also wanted to give Can some match time as a DM in case the Henderson foot problem persists. I think it was obvious in the first half that it takes a bit of match time to adjust to a new role. I actually like what Can was trying to do, but it was the wrong time for the team overall. In a way it was a good day for Henderson's crosses up to the wingbacks rather than Can's surges forward or passes up field.

I agree that we could end up gaining 1 point on Chelsea. Also, we got 4 points from the 2 matches over New Year's insane 48 hours. But importantly we beat Man City and deprived them of 3 points. If we had beaten Bournemouth but lost to Chelsea for example, we'd be 9 points behind them instead of 6. The glass is more than half-full.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1131 on: January 3, 2017, 12:33:16 pm »
Was the league corrupt when Man U couldn't win a match earlier this season?

Was it corrupt when we were comfortably winning the league only to fuck it up two years ago?

This whole 'corrupt' stuff makes whoever peddles it looks a bit pathetic just because we drew a match away.  ::)

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1132 on: January 3, 2017, 12:35:38 pm »
Spurs win or even draw and it still looks positive

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1133 on: January 3, 2017, 12:38:09 pm »
Spurs win or even draw and it still looks positive

It's positive regardless mate, we sadly can't control what other clubs do.

4 wins and a draw with our best player and best defender out injured, and a ridiculous fixture schedule? That's positive, even if Chelsea stick 9 past Spurs.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: January 3, 2017, 12:43:04 pm »

Was it corrupt when we were comfortably winning the league only to fuck it up two years ago?

This whole 'corrupt' stuff makes whoever peddles it looks a bit pathetic just because we drew a match away.  ::)

Yep. There is zero chance of corruption in football. We may have corrupt coppers, government members, drug cheats etc in other sports but no way it ever crosses over in to our great sport. Impossible.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1135 on: January 3, 2017, 12:43:36 pm »
It's positive regardless mate, we sadly can't control what other clubs do.

4 wins and a draw with our best player and best defender out injured, and a ridiculous fixture schedule? That's positive, even if Chelsea stick 9 past Spurs.

I am with you

We finished 8th last year and this season has been marvellous

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1136 on: January 3, 2017, 12:44:17 pm »
Yep. There is zero chance of corruption in football. We may have corrupt coppers, government members, drug cheats etc in other sports but no way it ever crosses over in to our great sport. Impossible.
What's your take on yesterday ?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: January 3, 2017, 12:50:27 pm »

Ok, the chairman of the Premier League said it's bad for the Premier League if Manchester United are struggling. The chairman, the highest person.

Now yesterday's game for ourselves clearly wasn't drawn because of any kind of corruption. But to suggest it couldn't possibly happen...? With the money involved?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: January 3, 2017, 12:50:28 pm »
29 pages? Shudder to think what the post match thread will be like when we do finally lose a game.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: January 3, 2017, 12:51:47 pm »
What's your take on yesterday ?

A dreadful result v a dreadful team. But understandable given the circumstances and the fact we were up against 12 men. Bournemouth and West Ham were far more annoying.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: January 3, 2017, 12:57:37 pm »
29 pages? Shudder to think what the post match thread will be like when we do finally lose a game.

Probably bout 20 pages

Then 3 pages going 'I can't believe there's 21 pages'

Then 4 pages going 'I can't believe there's 23 pages, there never is when we win'

Then 4 pages going 'oh my god 26 pages?! Classic RAWK'

Then maybe a couple of posts saying 'I hope the irony of a post complaining about the number of posts after this defeat isn't lost on you'

So yeah, 32 pages would be my guess. Classic RAWK.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: January 3, 2017, 12:59:34 pm »
Good lord.

We drew to a relegation threatened, probably the worst team in the league and suddenly the league is corrupt ? We really do turn into bitter twats when we lose points.

City and United both won their games with the same schedule as ours. The latter with a 35 year old who player 3 games in 6 days too. City won after going down to 10 men. Difference is, City rested Aguero and Silva, only to bring them on after half time when Burnley were dead on their feet. United did the same with Rashford and Mata.

We took a gamble by starting the same XI. It backfired. End of story.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: January 3, 2017, 01:01:15 pm »
A dreadful result v a dreadful team. But understandable given the circumstances and the fact we were up against 12 men. Bournemouth and West Ham were far more annoying.

Fucking hell. I usually agree with you on footbal and I know you're passionate, and yesterday felt shite, but that's just Everton logic.

The ref wasn't out to get us, however he did make some mistakes. Save the 12 men outrage for when it's deserved, otherwise we just get labelled whingers (and would make us no better than the 'HANDBALL'-ers across the park

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1143 on: January 3, 2017, 01:03:07 pm »

12 men!!!

Both penalty calls were right.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1144 on: January 3, 2017, 01:04:08 pm »
12 men!!!

The free kick which led directly to the second penalty was not though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: January 3, 2017, 01:04:10 pm »
12 men!!!

Not talking about the penalties.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1146 on: January 3, 2017, 01:05:07 pm »
Not talking about the penalties.

What other decisions went against us?

The free kick before the 2nd penalty? Is that it?

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #1147 on: January 3, 2017, 01:07:29 pm »
Tiredness is an excuse. we already knew when the games was being played and it should've been accounted for. Lose to mancs and we're 2 points in front of them.

We wont lose to them.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1148 on: January 3, 2017, 01:07:53 pm »
12 men!!!

1st penalty was soft as fuck. 50/50 whether it's a pen or not.
2nd penalty was a penalty, but they shouldn't have had a free kick.
Sturridge blatantly fouled on the edge of their box but ignored.
Jazz Jizzface diving more than once and getting away with it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1149 on: January 3, 2017, 01:08:26 pm »
We wont lose to them.

We might do as only won twice in last ten years or so.

Games there are tough.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1150 on: January 3, 2017, 01:08:36 pm »
What other decisions went against us?

The free kick before the 2nd penalty? Is that it?

Obviously not no. But this is pointless, you think every referee and team we play is amazing so we won't get anywhere discussing this.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: January 3, 2017, 01:08:57 pm »
The free kick which led directly to the second penalty was not though.

and? is one or two incorrect decisions worthy of playing the 'ref was against us' card?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1152 on: January 3, 2017, 01:09:48 pm »
1st penalty was soft as fuck. 50/50 whether it's a pen or not.
2nd penalty was a penalty, but they shouldn't have had a free kick.
Sturridge blatantly fouled on the edge of their box but ignored.
Jazz Jizzface diving more than once and getting away with it.

Both pens were correct and Emre Can handled it getting away with it.

Agree on other points but officiating in this country stinks.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: January 3, 2017, 01:10:05 pm »
and? is one or two incorrect decisions worthy of playing the 'ref was against us' card?

When they're making awful calls like that in 1 teams favour....

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: January 3, 2017, 01:10:18 pm »
Fucking hell. I usually agree with you on footbal and I know you're passionate, and yesterday felt shite, but that's just Everton logic.

The ref wasn't out to get us, however he did make some mistakes. Save the 12 men outrage for when it's deserved, otherwise we just get labelled whingers (and would make us no better than the 'HANDBALL'-ers across the park

Oh no, I'm absolutely devastated that some people I'll never meet from red cafe or got may label us something.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1155 on: January 3, 2017, 01:10:56 pm »

Where did I say it was. I was answering someone else's question not yours. I know we made errors too, but that does not mean that the ref didn't as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1156 on: January 3, 2017, 01:10:58 pm »
Both pens were correct and Emre Can handled it getting away with it.

Agree on other points but officiating in this country stinks.

The ball was hit at him from about 2 yards. Those happen every week and aren't given

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1157 on: January 3, 2017, 01:11:36 pm »
Obviously not no. But this is pointless, you think every referee and team we play is amazing so we won't get anywhere discussing this.

No I don't.

I just get fed up with you saying every team is shit. We were playing a team with Defoe up top whose record is ridiculous considering how poor they are so they are dangerous.

Every match away in this league is hard.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: January 3, 2017, 01:11:39 pm »
Its pretty simple.

Klopp trusted his first XI to be fully fit for the game, they clearly were not. He will learn and rotate more the next time fixture congestion like this happens. We have a small squad though and with Mane not available, an attacking signing is pretty important I'd say.

Hopefully we bounce back from this.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: January 3, 2017, 01:13:18 pm »
The ball was hit at him from about 2 yards. Those happen every week and aren't given

Heh. Suarez was a master at gaining these kind of pens. Remeber him against Rafael ? Point is, they are given and Can was lucky to get away with it.