Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 222391 times)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #1400 on: June 13, 2023, 01:57:54 pm »
I guess they wanted a big name to promote their "brand", even though as a manager SG is unproven at best.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1401 on: June 13, 2023, 02:05:06 pm »
Another former Liverpool player legend who will be remembered for that, and that alone now. He's done well to slip behind Graeme Souness this month in the credibility stakes.
I wouldn't go that far but it is deeply disapointing. It's not as if he doesn't already have shedloads of money. He'd have a good deal more than Wilfred Zaha, who isn't taking the sportswashing coin.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1402 on: June 13, 2023, 02:52:32 pm »
I was banned for criticism of Trent's defensive abilities. Fair's fair...

so you don’t like people calling out a former player for his greedy choices in becoming a sportswasher, but you are absolutely fine with slagging off current players like Trent and Curtis  ;D

I mean, come on now!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1403 on: June 13, 2023, 02:54:38 pm »
I wouldn't go that far but it is deeply disapointing. It's not as if he doesn't already have shedloads of money. He'd have a good deal more than Wilfred Zaha, who isn't taking the sportswashing coin.

What I meant to say was that it was possible he could have been our manager had he done well at Villa, more likely a club ambassador. I think those two possibilities are unlikely in the foreseeable future now. He will always be remembered as a great player (as was Souness)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1404 on: June 13, 2023, 03:19:53 pm »
Here's my take on it. It'll never take on as a desirable league other than these next 5 years or so where they sink billions into it. Gerrard will be a miniscule part of all this, and he's that young as a person that it'll all be relatively forgotten that he ever went there. It's still disappointing like, I really think for his ambitions to manage at the highest level he can that he should still be building something at Rangers. One wrong decision after another one.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1405 on: June 13, 2023, 03:20:16 pm »
I was banned for criticism of Trent's defensive abilities. Fair's fair...
No you weren't. You were given a 50% warning for it. Which was then upgraded for calling Keita, and I quote, an "absolute parasite". Both instances, like the vaaaaaast majority of your one-liners since joining, add little value to a debate and it's little wonder you have that custom title. Wind yer neck in. Fair's fair, after all...

And thanks for the reports - we'll take whatever action we feel is appropriate and/or justified. You won't always see what that is. :wave

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: June 13, 2023, 03:44:42 pm »
Must have put paid to any chance of managing us one day.

I don't get it, how much money does one person need, especially when the source is a dirty sportswashing country.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1407 on: June 13, 2023, 03:47:27 pm »
Here's my take on it. It'll never take on as a desirable league other than these next 5 years or so where they sink billions into it. Gerrard will be a miniscule part of all this, and he's that young as a person that it'll all be relatively forgotten that he ever went there. It's still disappointing like, I really think for his ambitions to manage at the highest level he can that he should still be building something at Rangers. One wrong decision after another one.

I wouldn’t say he’s a minuscule part of it at all. A world class player and household name throughout the world, buying into the Saudi sportswash project. For his wages he’ll play along with the pr project and extol the virtues of KSA while ignoring human rights abuses.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1408 on: June 13, 2023, 05:09:04 pm »
I wouldn’t say he’s a minuscule part of it at all. A world class player and household name throughout the world, buying into the Saudi sportswash project. For his wages he’ll play along with the pr project and extol the virtues of KSA while ignoring human rights abuses.
As the saying goes, "You've gotta be in it to be complicit..."

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1409 on: June 13, 2023, 05:22:30 pm »

To be fair, according to the article posted earlier, he's hoping that he'll end up at PSG. So, it's not as if he has decided to say no to the Saudis to go to play for Exeter. He seems pretty okay with taking sportswasher's money, but is looking for a more convenient way to do it by staying in Europe.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1410 on: June 13, 2023, 05:40:52 pm »
Must have put paid to any chance of managing us one day.

I don't get it, how much money does one person need, especially when the source is a dirty sportswashing country.
I have never bought into the idea of him ever managing us.
Great player for us and a lot of the time almost carried us on his own, but he hasn't proved himself to be a TOP class manager at a TOP class club.

As for him taking the blood-stained money, I am very surprised that he's done it, to be honest.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1411 on: June 13, 2023, 05:47:23 pm »

Besides taking the oil money and being another posterboy for the sportwashers, he is also communicating to the entire football world that his ambition as a manager is no longer there. He should have taken another project and build his reputation ala Xabi at Leverkusen

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1412 on: June 13, 2023, 05:52:32 pm »
none of this has been confirmed yet - correct?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1413 on: June 13, 2023, 06:05:30 pm »
Looks like Sadio Mane might be going to the same club as Stevie.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1414 on: June 13, 2023, 06:09:40 pm »
Yes, it's disappointing but people on here calling him a dickhead and saying it's a stain on his reputation when absolutely every single person on here would take their money as well.  ;D

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1415 on: June 13, 2023, 06:14:00 pm »
Yes, it's disappointing but people on here calling him a dickhead and saying it's a stain on his reputation when absolutely every single person on here would take their money as well.  ;D
So you wouldn't mind us as a club being sportswashed?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 06:16:34 pm by Terry de Niro »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1416 on: June 13, 2023, 06:15:38 pm »

Just because you would take the money quite happily doesn't mean everyone else would.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: June 13, 2023, 06:36:27 pm »
Leaked pic, not official yet.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: June 13, 2023, 06:46:19 pm »
Leaked pic, not official yet.

damn.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1419 on: June 13, 2023, 06:47:37 pm »
Grim, Steven very grim.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1420 on: June 13, 2023, 06:51:38 pm »
I wouldn't. Not a chance. Principles......maybe you've heard of them......

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1421 on: June 13, 2023, 06:53:48 pm »
Another former Liverpool player legend who will be remembered for that, and that alone now. He's done well to slip behind Graeme Souness this month in the credibility stakes.
Remembered for that alone? Olympiakos, Istanbul, Cardiff, erased from your memory forever then. As fucking if.

I like Souness and he clearly regrets what he did but comparing this to talking to the s*n on the Hillsborough anniversary is borderline disgraceful.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1422 on: June 13, 2023, 06:54:22 pm »
Not good this.

Looks like Sadio Mane might be going to the same club as Stevie.

Say it ain't so. I don't expect anything from footballers but still, it feels wrong when what little hope you have of some of ours rejecting their advances evaporates.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1423 on: June 13, 2023, 06:55:10 pm »

Absolute bollocks, not everyone in the world is obsessed by money.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: June 13, 2023, 07:00:10 pm »
I wouldn't. Not a chance. Principles......maybe you've heard of them......

It's easy to say that in here.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1425 on: June 13, 2023, 07:00:27 pm »
Not good this.

Say it ain't so. I don't expect anything from footballers but still, it feels wrong when what little hope you have of some of ours rejecting their advances evaporates.
Doesn't Mane send a massive percentage of his earnings to his hometown in Senegal? I'm sure the people there won't be too upset if he takes a massive contract for a year or two at the end of his career...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1426 on: June 13, 2023, 07:02:42 pm »
Doesn't Mane send a massive percentage of his earnings to his hometown in Senegal? I'm sure the people there won't be too upset if he takes a massive contract for a year or two at the end of his career...

Yes he does and all true, fair point. Nothing is perfect.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1427 on: June 13, 2023, 07:03:30 pm »

Er no, each to their own. There are plenty of people who live in the world following their own morals. No one has to say yes to anything, we all have choices.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1428 on: June 13, 2023, 07:04:12 pm »

Not really. But hey, if you think money is the be all and end all, then that's up to you.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1429 on: June 13, 2023, 07:08:34 pm »
I don't expect to like every player on a personal level for whatever reason, but it seems that LFC have a disproportionate amount of former players who turned out to be complete whoppers.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: June 13, 2023, 07:08:59 pm »
I have never bought into the idea of him ever managing us.
Great player for us and a lot of the time almost carried us on his own, but he hasn't proved himself to be a TOP class manager at a TOP class club.

As for him taking the blood-stained money, I am very surprised that he's done it, to be honest.

I agree and he may never have got there but he is young and he was doing well at Rangers, although I have read a lot of this was down to Beale and issues started at Villa when Beale moved on (how true that is I'll never know). He did however have time on his side to say go to Leicester in the Championship and get them promoted and see how we gets on.. Moving to a nothing league is what you expect of managers wanting their last pay day not anyone with aspirations.

Yeah sportswashing is where I'm done with football if they take over our club.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1431 on: June 13, 2023, 07:10:05 pm »
Not really. But hey, if you think money is the be all and end all, then that's up to you.

I buy lottery tickets, so yeah, i won't pretend to be a saint. Sometimes i bet too.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1432 on: June 13, 2023, 07:13:20 pm »
I'd say it anywhere, everywhere fella - and if you don't believe that then you don't know me - plenty here too - so spin on that.

Oh and I neither bet nor buy lottery tickets - nor gaslight people online whom I don't know. So spin on that too.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1433 on: June 13, 2023, 07:18:00 pm »
Er no, each to their own. There are plenty of people who live in the world following their own morals. No one has to say yes to anything, we all have choices.

He's a manager who couldn't get a job in England, so he got one abroad. Let's be honest, it's not like he turned down many proper football clubs just to go there. He's average manager at best and he knows it, therefore he couldn't let go such a brilliant financial opportunity.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1434 on: June 13, 2023, 07:18:47 pm »
I buy lottery tickets, so yeah, i won't pretend to be a saint. Sometimes i bet too.

If you where rich beyond your wildest dereams already, would you still go to do a job that you know if you have an ounce of intelligence, is an exercise in sportswashing?  Because that is what this is, nothing else.

Gerrard isn’t a very talented coach, but he is one of the most regonisable faces in football and one of the best midfielders that graced the game. They want him to wash their human rights abuses. So if anyone is reasoning with that because ‘who’d say no to that sort of money’ - I would hope they are saying it because they don’t know what is happening - and if that is the case - educate yourself.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1435 on: June 13, 2023, 07:19:30 pm »
I'd say it anywhere, everywhere fella - and if you don't believe that then you don't know me - plenty here too - so spin on that.

Oh and I neither bet nor buy lottery tickets - nor gaslight people online whom I don't know. So spin on that too.

Good for you lad, good for you. I'm not like you though, I'd take 20 mil.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1436 on: June 13, 2023, 07:23:15 pm »
He's a manager who couldn't get a job in England, so he got one abroad. Let's be honest, it's not like he turned down many proper football clubs just to go there. He's average manager at best and he knows it, therefore he couldn't let go such a brilliant financial opportunity.

He could have taken his time and got a job in a lower division and get some more all round experience of football management. As for going abroad why go to Saudi when he could have tried getting a job in the States or somewhere in Europe?

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1437 on: June 13, 2023, 07:30:16 pm »
I don't expect to like every player on a personal level for whatever reason, but it seems that LFC have a disproportionate amount of former players who turned out to be complete whoppers.

Possibly you're more aware of our whoppers because they're ours, though...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #1438 on: June 13, 2023, 08:02:50 pm »
The fume  :lmao :lmao

Good luck on whatever you decide to do Stevie.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1439 on: June 13, 2023, 08:04:50 pm »
Good for you lad, good for you. I'm not like you though, I'd take 20 mil.
Would you also take a sportswasher to take over Liverpool Football Club?
If the answer is yes, then this is not the club for you.