Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 223479 times)

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #1520 on: July 3, 2023, 11:41:26 am »
James Pearce saying it's a done deal as well. Disappointed in this, but it's up to him I guess.
Thank you Jurgen

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #1521 on: July 3, 2023, 11:44:55 am »
Disgusting  :-\
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1522 on: July 3, 2023, 11:55:44 am »
Stevie and Robbie is really grim stuff.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1523 on: July 3, 2023, 12:35:43 pm »
Just embarrassing from all of those fleeing to Saudi.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1524 on: July 3, 2023, 01:00:51 pm »
Hate the fact these clubs will be using the name of LFC to advertise themselves.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1525 on: July 3, 2023, 01:06:31 pm »
Hate the fact these clubs will be using the name of LFC to advertise themselves.

If only this occurred to the footballers themselves, we can work that bit out why can't they?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1526 on: July 3, 2023, 01:25:00 pm »
There is simply no limit to footballers and former footballers’ greed. Imagine being set for life as Gerrard is, and gladly going to sportswash in Saudi for a bit cos it’ll make you even more filthy rich.  Cos he for sure isn’t doing this for the good of his failing coaching career.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1527 on: July 3, 2023, 01:33:09 pm »

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1528 on: July 3, 2023, 02:04:31 pm »
Yeah...shit.

What a waste. Up to him how he makes his money but a lack of ambition as a coach is pathetic at this stage.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1529 on: July 3, 2023, 03:28:46 pm »
Gave up way too easily.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1530 on: July 3, 2023, 04:05:38 pm »
Extremely disappointing. No ambition, only in his wallet.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: July 3, 2023, 04:10:20 pm »
£20 million per yer contract, 2 year deal.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1532 on: July 3, 2023, 04:33:21 pm »

That amount is disgusting.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #1533 on: July 3, 2023, 04:42:37 pm »

They’ve used pictures of the city and YNWA in the background. Sickening.

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1675891874274344961?s=46&t=tdytcEN5vgNRmdMHVXclVQ

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1534 on: July 3, 2023, 04:45:15 pm »
'We are pleased to announce the appointment of Gerrard as coach of Al Ettifaq Club✍️':-

www.facebook.com/ettifaq (with 50 second announcement video) or https://twitter.com/Ettifaq/status/1675888376963284993

'Steven Gerrard returns to management as Liverpool legend joins Saudi club':-

Steven Gerrard has been out of management since being sacked by Villa at the end of last year, but is now back on the sidelines after being appointed by Al-Ettifaq

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-steven-gerrard-returns-management-30380625

& www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65889461 & www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jul/03/steven-gerrard-makes-u-turn-to-become-new-al-ettifaq-head-coach

Club Info: https://ettifaq.com : www.facebook.com/ettifaq : https://twitter.com/ettifaq : https://twitter.com/ettifaq_en : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ettifaq_FC

« Last Edit: July 3, 2023, 06:21:54 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #1535 on: July 3, 2023, 04:45:37 pm »

That's bigger than his most lucrative contract at Liverpool from what I can tell from a quick google. Outrageous amount of money to offer a manager with his career to date. No doubt the money is for the name nothing else. It's more than double his reported Villa contract.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1536 on: July 3, 2023, 04:46:42 pm »

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1675891874274344961?s=46&t=tdytcEN5vgNRmdMHVXclVQ

I hope this isn’t a effort to soften us all up, you have to wonder if there is something more to them picking Fowler and Gerrard within weeks of one another.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1537 on: July 3, 2023, 04:48:30 pm »

That’s the only reason him and Fowler have been given jobs there so the employers can parasitically use their connection to the club and City.

At least Firmino will provide some entertainment as a player.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1538 on: July 3, 2023, 04:50:57 pm »
'We are pleased to announce the appointment of Gerrard as coach of Al Ettifaq Club✍️':-

www.facebook.com/ettifaq (with 50 second announcement video)

Club Info: https://ettifaq.com : www.facebook.com/ettifaq : https://twitter.com/ettifaq : https://twitter.com/ettifaq_en : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ettifaq_FC

that is so fucking sad, on so many levels.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: July 3, 2023, 04:51:45 pm »
I hope this isn’t a effort to soften us all up, you have to wonder if there is something more to them picking Fowler and Gerrard within weeks of one another.

That is an interesting thought.

Given where their respective managerial careers were at, I don't blame Fowler for taking the job, whereas I think Gerrard still had legs to give it another go by moving to a biggish club in Europe. I don't like them going there, but I understand it and think the repercussions are minimal. However, if its in a move to have Saudi Arabia purchase Liverpool then that's completely different. I don't want that regime anywhere near the club and I think the vast majority of match going supporters will feel the same.

If Robbie or Stevie knew about such a ploy in advance, then I think they've massively misread the room.

For now though, I'll assume it's just because they're trying to use our name, which is bad enough but not as reprehensible as the bigger alternative.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: July 3, 2023, 04:56:38 pm »
That is an interesting thought.

Given where their respective managerial careers were at, I don't blame Fowler for taking the job, whereas I think Gerrard still had legs to give it another go by moving to a biggish club in Europe. I don't like them going there, but I understand it and think the repercussions are minimal. However, if its in a move to have Saudi Arabia purchase Liverpool then that's completely different. I don't want that regime anywhere near the club and I think the vast majority of match going supporters will feel the same.

If Robbie or Stevie knew about such a ploy in advance, then I think they've massively misread the room.

For now though, I'll assume it's just because they're trying to use our name, which is bad enough but not as reprehensible as the bigger alternative.

Yes, I hope it's just that, even if it is annoying. When is the last time that Robbie has even worked inside football as a coach anyway? He was doing the media work at the club rather than coaching, that offer was really out of the blue.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: July 3, 2023, 04:59:09 pm »
Think that will be the end of any serious aspirations he might have had to manage at a high level again. I was hoping me might be prepared to drop down a level or two, if the opportunity had been there, and show that he something about him as a coach. But the easy payday was obviously too tempting.

Especially disappointing after he made a point of saying he wouldn't be going over there when he was doing punditry for the recent England games.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1542 on: July 3, 2023, 05:00:34 pm »
Yes, I hope it's just that, even if it is annoying. When is the last time that Robbie has even worked inside football as a coach anyway? He was doing the media work at the club rather than coaching, that offer was really out of the blue.

He managed for a season and a bit in India a few years back. In an interview with the club he talked about getting back into management but it seemed like he'd not really had any offers, so that's where him taking it makes sense. Sure it's money but he seemed to genuinely want to take on the challenge again but was lacking offers.

I don't believe Stevie would have been lacking any offers. There was a lot of talk about him getting the Leeds job recently. Maybe he thinks he can go there impress and then get the Newcastle job after.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2023, 05:05:29 pm by mikey_LFC »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1543 on: July 3, 2023, 06:01:41 pm »
Well, at least he'll never manage us.

Online coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #1544 on: July 3, 2023, 06:22:56 pm »
All the Stevie defenders have gone quiet again.

As an aside, much like certain actors/musicians/etc. who have turned out to have feet of clay, I've become pretty adept at separating my appreciation for what they did in that field and ignoring what they do in the future in that same role. (Kevin Spacey is always my example.) It's also separating the persona from the actual person. I will always gasp when I watch Stevie's rocket against Olympiakos. Nothing he does as a person will change what he did as a player. Am I disappointed by his decision? Sure. Just as I'm disappointed in Bobby's decision. But I don't have to support anything they do now, and I won't. It's a hard lesson to learn, but the players I know aren't always the same people I think I know.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: July 3, 2023, 06:27:15 pm »
All the Stevie defenders have gone quiet again.

As an aside, much like certain actors/musicians/etc. who have turned out to have feet of clay, I've become pretty adept at separating my appreciation for what they did in that field and ignoring what they do in the future in that same role. (Kevin Spacey is always my example.) It's also separating the persona from the actual person. I will always gasp when I watch Stevie's rocket against Olympiakos. Nothing he does as a person will change what he did as a player. Am I disappointed by his decision? Sure. Just as I'm disappointed in Bobby's decision. But I don't have to support anything they do now, and I won't. It's a hard lesson to learn, but the players I know aren't always the same people I think I know.
yeah. I'm treating the recent news on this whole Saudi crap as a good reason to improve my ability to compartmentalize.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1546 on: July 3, 2023, 06:27:48 pm »
These Saudi clubs know what they are doing. They are going to manage to sportswash so many weak-willed Liverpool social media fans now, and get so many on side, retweeting and liking anything and everything to do with Gerrard and their club. And no doubt ‘sticking up’ for the club when they get any stick.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1547 on: July 3, 2023, 06:34:26 pm »

The Saudi club can fuck off with this shite too...

^ from https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/14pomhe/ettifaq_playing_on_lfc_symbolism & https://twitter.com/frankctangberg (if you're on twitter)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1548 on: July 3, 2023, 06:36:25 pm »
LFC should be all over that sort of shit. but of course nothing will happen, the murderous sportswashers will just carry on using Liverpool symbols as they please.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: July 3, 2023, 06:40:52 pm »
The Saudi club can fuck off with this shite too...

^ from https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/14pomhe/ettifaq_playing_on_lfc_symbolism & https://twitter.com/frankctangberg (if you're on twitter)

this is starting to feel really bad.  wtf are they up to?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1550 on: July 3, 2023, 06:43:23 pm »
this is starting to feel really bad.  wtf are they up to?

sportswashing!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1551 on: July 3, 2023, 06:45:19 pm »
LFC should be all over that sort of shit. but of course nothing will happen, the murderous sportswashers will just carry on using Liverpool symbols as they please.

Stevie should be all over it but he'll say fuck all, he might ask for a few shekels extra because of it though.

The twat.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #1552 on: July 3, 2023, 06:58:01 pm »
Ho hum. Stevie proving his post-LFC persona is always going to look starkly inferior to his playing persona. whether that’s club management or morals. I saw some footage of his Cheshire (I assume) mansion while he was still playing. Big (obviously). Vacuous. Charmless. Soulless, even.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1553 on: July 3, 2023, 07:12:53 pm »

Indeed

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1554 on: July 3, 2023, 07:18:42 pm »

+1

He was never going to be at a level to manage us i felt but even if he turns out to be a world class manager he should never be an option for us down the road after this. The sportswashing c*nts using our City and his links to LFC to sell the appointment. Gerrard can fuck right off.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1555 on: July 3, 2023, 07:22:12 pm »
It’s like when he nearly left for Chelsea and loads of people called him all sorts only to have to backtrack after.

...and then he went and joined Chelsea anyway.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1556 on: July 3, 2023, 07:23:11 pm »
+1

He was never going to be at a level to manage us i felt but even if he turns out to be a world class manager he should never be an option for us down the road after this. The sportswashing c*nts using our City and his links to LFC to sell the appointment. Gerrard can fuck right off.

He can Gettifaq

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1557 on: July 3, 2023, 07:29:58 pm »
Just can't bring myself to care anymore

Bobby, Robbie and now Gerrard.

Plus with City winning the PL every year, it's all just a bit meh really.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1558 on: July 3, 2023, 07:53:21 pm »
Remember when people were touting Gerrard as a future LFC manager?

Saudis will be using the LFC brand and the city to sportwash without having to pay a penny directly. Loads cheaper to pay Gerrard £40m than the billions it would cost to buy Liverpool. Parasites.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1559 on: July 3, 2023, 07:57:01 pm »