Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1442005 times)

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #5040 on: December 30, 2019, 11:49:56 pm »
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5041 on: December 31, 2019, 12:00:17 am »
Any chance for a translation?

What language is it? Maybe Google translate might help.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5042 on: December 31, 2019, 12:15:06 am »
What language is it? Maybe Google translate might help.

I did a rough translation. It's not that interesting, but it does say that his future will lie in midfield.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5043 on: December 31, 2019, 12:43:32 am »
There's no way he will end up in midfield we have Salah and now Minamino.  Maybe he can play there for England but then there is Sancho so not likely.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5044 on: December 31, 2019, 01:12:05 am »
I did a rough translation. It's not that interesting, but it does say that his future will lie in midfield.

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5045 on: December 31, 2019, 01:18:11 am »
Any chance for a translation?

My own (free) translation, for anyone interested:

The Secret Playmaker

• Almost unbeatable, Liverpool under coach Jurgen Klopp are at the top of the Premier League.

This is also thanks to the brilliant right-back Alexander Arnold, who has benefited from the changing role he has been asked to play from his [rightback] position

The time has come to speak about a right-back. About a man from Liverpool who plays in an often undervalued position. Rightbacks are usually among the cheapest transfers. 'Those who can't do much usually play at rightback', or so goes the bitter little proverb. Too many rightbacks exemplify this notion; too few are spectacular in any way. But in Liverpool now we find one of those few: Trent Alexander Arnold.

On Thursday in a top-of-the-table clash against title pursuers Leicester, his team, managed by coach Jurgen Klopp, won 4-0. The 21-year-old was involved in all four goals. And this Sunday (17.30) he will be needed again, in the match against Wolverhampton Wanderers, so crucial is he to the team.

For the first goal against Leicester he hit a cross high towards goalscorer Roberto Firmino; for the second his corner led to the handball and a penalty; for the third he crossed again for Firmino, flat and powerful, behind the defense. And for the fourth goal, he himself was at the end of Liverpool's dashing move.

The attack started from the left side, in Liverpool's own half. Alexander Arnold began deep in his own half and ran past his teammates, as the right winger Sadio Mane placed the ball into his path. Alexander Arnold took advantage and scored, finding an opening in the corner of the net. The Englishman stood in front of the fans, with his arms crossed, grim-faced. The statement was clear: Look at me, here I am.

The role of right-back has changed

Alexander Arnold has benefited from the fact that the role of right-back has changed. In years past, central midfielders would own the ball, as with the duo Xavi and Iniesta who excelled at FC Barcelona a few years ago.

Yet in recent years full-backs have become clandestine playmakers. Against Leicester Alexander Arnold played sixty passes, of which thirty-seven were in the opposing half, and seventeen of which were crosses. The man pushes forward, but - often to the annoyance of Liverpool fans - also leaves gaps.

But as soon as he begins to adapt [to attack], all annoyance disappears. Alexander Arnold can cross, sharp and precise. He can cross from the edge of the half and from the baseline, while being challenged. And he can pass from his own half, three feet above the ground, about forty meters, straight to his teammates. This includes, of course, free kicks, which he serves perfectly into the box.

Chess match against world champion Magnus Carlsen

After the victory over Leicester Liverpool are thirteen points ahead of their rivals; a first title win since 1990 is very close. Liverpool dominated the game, and it has wonderful to see, with the goalkeeper Alisson Becker, defender Virgil van Dijk, midfielder Jordan Henderson and the forwards Mo Salah, Mané and Firmino all in the squad.

An example of why this Liverpool squad works so well is James Milner, who is often a substitute and yet still gives much to the team. Against Leicester he scored a penalty with his first touch. He has recently extended his contract with Liverpool until 2022. Milner is already 33 years old, and though he lacks the fine play of Firmino, he has nevertheless earned hero status at Liverpool. Why this is so can be seen from a moment in the 90th minute: The midfielder was fouled badly; he was down and in pain, but instead of remaining on the ground, he got up and the game continued.

After the game, Trent Alexander Arnold was particularly singled out for praise. Slowly, he is becoming almost used to such words. Club legend Steven Gerrard has already praised him in his autobiography (Alexander Arnold has been at Liverpool for 16 years). Coach Jurgen Klopp calls him a machine, and in Liverpool they have a house painted with a mural of his image, with the words he spoke after the Champions League Final win: "I'm just a normal boy from Liverpool, whose dream has come true."

Hailing from the district of West Derby Alexander Arnold not only plays football but also likes chess - and he doesn't play a bad game! In 2018 he tried his hand at a game against the Norwegian world champion Magnus Carlsen. The Liverpool player lost after seventeen moves; by comparison, Bill Gates was checkmated after only nine. The aim at that time was to make the sport better known in England. Alexander Arnold is already a model for an entire generation.

And all this as a right-back.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 01:20:26 am by Ghost of Xmas Futureville »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5046 on: December 31, 2019, 01:57:49 am »

The relevant passage:

An example of why this Liverpool squad works so well is James Milner, who is often a substitute and yet still gives much to the team. Against Leicester he scored a penalty with his first touch. He has recently extended his contract with Liverpool until 2022. Milner is already 33 years old, and though he lacks the fine play of Firmino, he has nevertheless earned hero status at Liverpool. Why this is so can be seen from a moment in the 90th minute: The midfielder was fouled badly; he was down and in pain, but instead of remaining on the ground, he got up and the game continued.

Trent's future lay in midfield, but instead of malingering, he got up again so the game could continue.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5047 on: December 31, 2019, 09:05:26 am »
The relevant passage:

Trent's future lay in midfield, but instead of malingering, he got up again so the game could continue.

That's talking about Milner...
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #5048 on: December 31, 2019, 11:16:56 am »
That's talking about Milner...

Milner got fouled, Trent got up so Minamino could continue. And a Robbo in a pear tree.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5049 on: December 31, 2019, 11:21:42 am »
Milner got fouled, Trent got up so Minamino could continue. And a Robbo in a pear tree.

Ah! My mistake!  ;D
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #5050 on: December 31, 2019, 04:11:11 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5051 on: December 31, 2019, 05:32:42 pm »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6veADupgX7/

Is that the replica one he got for Christmas or the club’s? Very shiny, almost as bright as him.

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5052 on: December 31, 2019, 11:20:41 pm »

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5053 on: December 31, 2019, 11:24:50 pm »
As rich as our history is, they could/nay should be our greatest ever full backs. And they cost us Ł8m.
AHA!

Online momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5054 on: January 2, 2020, 04:02:40 pm »

As rich as our history is, they could/nay should be our greatest ever full backs. And they cost us Ł8m.

Phil Neal and Alan Kennedy cost us less than 400k to be fair  ;D
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5055 on: January 2, 2020, 10:26:35 pm »
So unbelievably mature, his post-match interview is spot on.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5056 on: January 2, 2020, 10:27:42 pm »

Phil Neal and Alan Kennedy cost us less than 400k to be fair  ;D

Chris Lawler and Gerry Byrne cost nothing!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5057 on: January 3, 2020, 12:48:41 am »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5058 on: January 3, 2020, 01:03:09 am »
This pass was something else.

https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/1212895020568715265?s=20

In a nutshell. Why Trent must be considered among the very best footballers in the world.

It's not just that he does it. It's that he thinks about doing it.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5059 on: January 3, 2020, 01:26:22 am »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5060 on: January 3, 2020, 01:28:19 am »
Christ on a bike!! How did he do that?
Tried to pass to Ali, I bet...    ;D

Trent is just incredible.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5061 on: January 3, 2020, 01:46:35 am »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5062 on: January 3, 2020, 01:50:52 am »
The sheer audacity....Who cares about defending when you can do that

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5063 on: January 3, 2020, 02:01:28 am »

In a nutshell. Why Trent must be considered among the very best footballers in the world.

It's not just that he does it. It's that he thinks about doing it.

That’s it really most footballers wouldn’t even attempt it because it wouldn’t even cross their mind it was possible.

Trent just does it, on a regular basis.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5064 on: January 3, 2020, 02:02:16 am »
Christ on a bike!! How did he do that?

Sideways drive for a flatter trajectory and easier for the receiver to control. And really, really easy to completely fuck up when hit first time, especially when you don't throw your weight into the drive, but hit it standing as he does here. Trent at times combines the astounding vision of Gerrard with the technical mastery of Alonso.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #5065 on: January 3, 2020, 10:30:10 am »
His friendship with Robbo is wonderful, I adore the pair of them.

Online Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5066 on: January 3, 2020, 10:44:49 am »
Was Robbo trying to emulate that pass when he nearly booted it out for a corner near the end of the match?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #5067 on: January 3, 2020, 11:41:33 am »
His friendship with Robbo is wonderful, I adore the pair of them.
Trent on his rivalry with Robertson and also throwing in a Carragher-dig about one of the 2 ugly sisters:

He added: “As a pair, we want to change the way the position was previously thought about.

“There was the famous saying ‘nobody wants to grow up to be a Gary Neville’.

“But we want to change that and bring a different way of thinking of a full-back.”

Indeed mate- a box to box middy at fullback. Wasn't Gerrard a fullback before moving into midfield?
« Last Edit: January 3, 2020, 12:07:10 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5068 on: January 3, 2020, 11:47:33 am »

I saw that at the time and couldn't figure out what had happened.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #5069 on: January 3, 2020, 12:04:02 pm »
This pass is nuts. Defies physics.

Actually it obeys physics pretty well  :-X

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5070 on: January 3, 2020, 12:06:22 pm »
Wasn't Gerrard a fullback before moving into midfield?

Not really. Played some games there as he broke into the side but not that many before moving into midfield.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #5071 on: January 3, 2020, 12:10:14 pm »
Not really. Played some games there as he broke into the side but not that many before moving into midfield.
Aaah.. thanks. Trent on the other hand, was a midfielder (or he played there for a while?) who was moved to fullback.
In any case- he's got the mind of a midfielder.

Not sure I want him anywhere else though- for the moment. He's devastating where he is.

Robbo again... now there is a real attacking fullback. Right where he belongs!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5073 on: January 3, 2020, 07:56:07 pm »
Trent on his rivalry with Robertson and also throwing in a Carragher-dig about one of the 2 ugly sisters:

Indeed mate- a box to box middy at fullback. Wasn't Gerrard a fullback before moving into midfield?

The thing about midfielders moving to FB is that they can be inhibited by the move, wanting to attend to the defensive position at all times rather than tale advantage of their attacking instincts. See Mascherano when he played there, Henderson when he played there. There needs to be an abundant level of trust in the CB and covering CMs and not least the manager for the moved midfielder to make full use of their qualities at FB.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5074 on: January 10, 2020, 12:28:42 pm »
Well done Trent. First of many.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5075 on: January 10, 2020, 12:33:53 pm »
He'd probably have 5 or 6 of them already if he played in midfield.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5076 on: January 10, 2020, 12:36:37 pm »
He'd probably have 5 or 6 of them already if he played in midfield.

Or striker!

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5077 on: January 10, 2020, 01:15:03 pm »
Aaah.. thanks. Trent on the other hand, was a midfielder (or he played there for a while?) who was moved to fullback.
In any case- he's got the mind of a midfielder.

Not sure I want him anywhere else though- for the moment. He's devastating where he is.

Robbo again... now there is a real attacking fullback. Right where he belongs!

Actually, formerly a midfielder too before he got cut from Celtic.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5078 on: January 10, 2020, 01:37:21 pm »
Or striker!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OqLjBJPi1Jw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OqLjBJPi1Jw</a>

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #5079 on: January 10, 2020, 01:47:05 pm »
I was thinking, with his ability to strike the ball I bet he could be a brilliant penalty taker if he practices.
Has he taken any pens ? I can't remember one.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact