Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 173527 times)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #560 on: January 5, 2021, 02:41:16 pm »
Still a no from me. From watching all Liverpool games for well over 15 years, at the moment I mostly just check results after the game, or have a dip during the match into the live thread on this forum. I honestly just don't care any longer. Football has been terribly distorted with VAR and no fans, this coupled with frankly a super-shitty situation outside the football bubble - and it has all produced one big 'who cares'.

Yes, this all along. Has been for some time with me. I casually, not even excitedly or nervously check the in match thread now and again when we play. Or just put the table on the BBC text to see our points total.

No stress involved, win, lose or draw, my reaction is pretty much the same.

Then of course there's the blatant cheating to take into account. Not that I ever see it as it happens, I gave up watching all other live games ages ago. Ours where the last to go, but I don't miss it one bit.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: January 5, 2021, 02:42:36 pm »
Been finding it difficult since they ruled out that Henderson winner against Everton to be honest.

I completely agree - we've had things go against us plenty of times before as all teams do. Kompany not getting sent off 2 seasons back is a prime example but that Everton game still makes my blood boil. It sounds ridiculous and other fans would laugh at it but I don't care - if that game was officiated properly, i.e Pickford sees red I don't think the Richarlison foul on Thiago happens and we would have won the game long before the ruled out goal. We have paid a heavy price ever since. Everything stems from that game. We've had to use one of our best midfielders in defence because we lost Virgil, then we had to give Curtis and Gini probably way more games than they should be playing because Thiago was out and Fabinho had to be moved to centre back.

I know we have looked good at times since then but it was a complete mockery.

To be honest I'm already looking forward to that Everton return match. If we don't win the title then I at least hope we fuck them up good and proper.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #562 on: January 5, 2021, 02:43:29 pm »
So Hazell, Roy and SoS all taking a back seat  :'(

I'll still nip on here - my main goal is to let my wife decompress in a way that doesn't end up making us both alcoholics. But it's a weird season in so many ways isn't it? We'll be there or thereabouts but I need to not be a pain to be around if there's a second lockdown. Will have to rethink the 'long baths' habit as well now the nippers are home schooling again.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #563 on: January 5, 2021, 02:46:05 pm »
What's to enjoy?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #564 on: January 5, 2021, 02:47:27 pm »
I still went pretty crazy for the Bobby goal. Whether that was a momentary forgetting about VAR or the thought in my head that they couldn’t possibly disallow it but I celebrated it as properly as I could from the comfort of my home.

I do find things quite unenjoyable at the moment but I can’t really ween myself off it! Last year was incredible but in most games I was still very tense, must just be the pessimist in me.

As Barney said, getting that title won felt strange, mainly relief. I guess I won’t feel as upset if we do t win it this year than when we got 97 points and didn’t win it. At that point we felt jinxed.

Don’t really know where I’m going with this, but I know I’ll be watching on Friday, hoping that the young lads and fringe players can pull out a performance and I’ll be watching in anticipation when we put United in their place a week on Sunday.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #565 on: January 5, 2021, 02:57:41 pm »
What's to enjoy?

I mean, we’re league champions ?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #566 on: January 5, 2021, 02:57:52 pm »
So Hazell, Roy and SoS all taking a back seat  :'(
Only on the football itself in my case.

I love this site and the people on it. It's the first site I go onto each day and the last one too. There are too many great people on here for me to bin RAWK off.

I'll always love my club and Klopp too. That goes without question. My gripe is with how the game itself is being destroyed by those entrusted with its care.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2021, 03:01:55 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: January 5, 2021, 03:02:41 pm »
It’ll just make it all the better when we win it.
If we manage it, it must be one of the greatest wins in the league's history
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: January 5, 2021, 03:03:04 pm »
Only on the football itself in my case.

I love this site and the people on it. It's the first site I go onto each day and the last one too. There are too many great people on here for me to bin RAWK off.

I'll always love my club and Klopp too. That goes without question. My gripe is with how the game itself is being destroyed by those entrusted with its care.

Second this

From one of my fav posters also ;)

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: January 5, 2021, 03:03:27 pm »
I mean, we’re league champions ?

Last season yes, this season has been an utter shit show (VAR and Ref wise)

The fact we are top despite that is a testament to the character of the team and manager, but all the enjoyment has been drained from the game.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: January 5, 2021, 03:04:40 pm »
Last season yes, this season has been an utter shit show (VAR and Ref wise)

The fact we are top despite that is a testament to the character of the team and manager, but all the enjoyment has been drained from the game.

For the moment

Life is a box of chocolates and all that.

I’m sure we’ll get back to the caramel creams soon enough ;D

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: January 5, 2021, 03:06:39 pm »
For the moment

Life is a box of chocolates and all that.

I’m sure we’ll get back to the caramel creams soon enough ;D

There's a difference between eating a peanut brittle infused candy and having a piece of shit covered in moss and calling it a chocolate delight.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: January 5, 2021, 03:13:47 pm »
There's a difference between eating a peanut brittle infused candy and having a piece of shit covered in moss and calling it a chocolate delight.

3 games. I’d be pissed off it was 3 months

Things can change just as quickly in the same time

Jurgen Klopp

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: January 5, 2021, 03:14:44 pm »
I miss waiting all week for the weekend to watch the football. Miss waking up on a Saturday, watching a preview show, following the results, watching the big game of the weekend and then going out that evening with me mates. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm bored of the constant football. Its boring. 18 games through the season already and its turning into a massive blur.

Football to me, is about being with your mates. Even when we're we're dogshit, the result didn't really matter. Its about the day out. This season has been crap.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #574 on: January 5, 2021, 03:15:09 pm »
Second this

From one of my fav posters also ;)
:-*

I learned a long time ago, and 2020 certainly crystalised it in my mind, hold good people close and value them.

I get far more out of this site than just football talk. It's full of amazing people that I learn a lot and get a lot from. This place and the people in here enrich my life. No way do I give that up.

:)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: January 5, 2021, 03:16:34 pm »
I miss waiting all week for the weekend to watch the football. Miss waking up on a Saturday, watching a preview show, following the results, watching the big game of the weekend and then going out that evening with me mates. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm bored of the constant football. Its boring. 18 games through the season already and its turning into a massive blur.

Football to me, is about being with your mates. Even when we're we're dogshit, the result didn't really matter. Its about the day out. This season has been crap.

Can’t believe I’m saying it but I agree

Id welcome a postponement and not because we’re shite at the minute, it’s just got the feel of getting the bastards played cos sky need the money’

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: January 5, 2021, 03:20:15 pm »
:-*

I learned a long time ago, and 2020 certainly crystalised it in my mind, hold good people close and value them.

I get far more out of this site than just football talk. It's full of amazing people that I learn a lot and get a lot from. This place and the people in here enrich my life. No way do I give that up.

:)

Absolutely mate.

And also what am I going to do? Go on social media where the delight last night would’ve been like Mardi Gras.

Or Talk about the merits of having a deeper line on free kicks with my Mrs?

This is like a bomb shelter for life for me

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: January 5, 2021, 03:23:37 pm »

Id welcome a postponement and not because we’re shite at the minute, it’s just got the feel of getting the bastards played cos sky need the money’

Bingo. I think as well as all the stuff talked about this thread is punching hard for me today as well because it's January and it's always a twat of a month anyway BUT usually the one thing that REALLY helps this time of year is going to the match a few times. I got my godson tickets for Sheff United game at home last year [I think] on Jan 2 and we won 2-0, his dad sent me a pic from that day and it broke my heart to be honest. Felt like a different life, a different world. I'd take a few weeks postponement until there's some realistic prospect of fans being back in the ground. It just flat out isn't the same without them.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #578 on: January 5, 2021, 03:26:20 pm »
When asked about his playing career, Jamie Carragher said he wished he'd enjoyed himself more. While that's a solidly good sentiment, it's actually a bit disingenuous. If you're playing to your physical maximum, preparing all week to sustain good form, going into high stakes games and weighing your happiness against weekly outcomes I'm not sure you can "enjoy" it. Yes you can enjoy the trappings of life as a highly paid famous footballer, but striving to succeed isn't fun and I'm not sure it's supposed to be. Man's eternal struggle isn't aligned with removing yourself from the carnage, stepping back and contemplating the joy of it all.

Like Carragher, when the stakes are so high it's questionable whether you can actually enjoy matches as a fan. Yes, you get the warm glow after we score a goal and a sense of accomplishment when we win but these are fleeting bursts of positivity as your mind moves on to the inevitable question: "well, what's next?"  The anxiety that this won't last is enough to put the damper on a momentary high. Until you win the lot, what's the value in a mere three points?

This isn't supposed to be negative and miserable. It's essentially an insight into the neuroses of a Liverpool fan desperate to win the fucking league. WIN THE THING. BUT PLEASE DON'T LET US DOWN. PLEASE!

How can we enjoy this when the prize is so spectacular? How can we enjoy this when we look so good, we have great football players and an outstanding football manager? You can't, can you? It's too real. It feels too achievable to allow us to kick back and just enjoy the weekly goal fest.

I find myself almost incapable of watching us. It's killing me.

Are you enjoying it?
This OP was about a full calendar year after Klopp joined us, right?

I've actually forgotten how we were then. Partly because I have a shite memory and partly because my mind is just full of the amazing performances and trophies we've won over the past 2 seasons.

What result(s) preceded the OP?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: January 5, 2021, 03:30:06 pm »
I still went pretty crazy for the Bobby goal. Whether that was a momentary forgetting about VAR or the thought in my head that they couldn’t possibly disallow it but I celebrated it as properly as I could from the comfort of my home.

I do find things quite unenjoyable at the moment but I can’t really ween myself off it! Last year was incredible but in most games I was still very tense, must just be the pessimist in me.

As Barney said, getting that title won felt strange, mainly relief. I guess I won’t feel as upset if we do t win it this year than when we got 97 points and didn’t win it. At that point we felt jinxed.

Don’t really know where I’m going with this, but I know I’ll be watching on Friday, hoping that the young lads and fringe players can pull out a performance and I’ll be watching in anticipation when we put United in their place a week on Sunday.

I said to myself when that went in "well they can't fucking disallow that" and then the c*nts spent 5 minutes trying to do just that.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #580 on: January 5, 2021, 03:31:26 pm »
Can’t believe I’m saying it but I agree

What I'd add to this is that the clubs need the money too.

The mutual relationship between TV and football clubs means that certain TV companies strategy for subscriptions are built around football but equally football clubs can't survive financially without the TV money. It's in Liverpool's, and every top teams interest, for football to continue. As much as I might dislike aspects of football currently I think it's probably essential for it to continue unless it poses a risk to national health. Financially I don't think many clubs could withstand another postponement for months without significant changes thaw the club is run in the short or medium term.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #581 on: January 5, 2021, 03:31:52 pm »
Walloping United in a couple of weeks will increase my enjoyment.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: January 5, 2021, 03:34:11 pm »
3 games. I’d be pissed off it was 3 months

Things can change just as quickly in the same time

Been more than 3 games mate, ever since Everton the enjoyment is just dead.

Offline AK1892

• Anny Roader
« Reply #583 on: January 5, 2021, 03:37:22 pm »
There is no doubt We're not performing as well as last season. We've had a huge amount of bad luck (injuries, VAR, covid etc...). After a few season of extraordinary performances it was kind of expected to see some players drop in form (as we don't rotate as much as we should).

I think our midfield is okay,  our defence and attack is actually quite bad at the moment.

As of attack We need to sort Mane and Salah out, something is going on between them and We need to sort it out quickly. I wouldnt like to see anyone leaving but then again if one of them is not happy to play for LFC anymore we should let him leave. It's actually not fair to Firmino, who created so much chances for them in the past, and now, he rarely recieves a ball from either Salah or Mane. It was visible in the matches against Fulham (Salah substituted and angry for it) and CPL (Mane substituted and angry for it).

As of defence We're very unlucky and it's starting to show what Virgil meant to us. We should sort that out in January by bringing in a world class CB who would play along side Virgil in the future (cant rely on Gomez or Matip since they've been injured a lot, but are both still great players). I wouldn't even mind bringing Lovren back(it's a long shot i know) , as you know what to expect from him. We should temporarily replace trent for milner (due to bad form and to rest trent for later on).

But still, I'm not a professional football coach as is Jurgen and I trust him to sort it out, his options are very limited at the moment so we should consider that.

We will bounce back, just remember a time where we lost the league and lost to Barca 0:3 away and then beaten Barca 4:0 and later won the champions league.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #584 on: January 5, 2021, 03:42:04 pm »
Shame that won't be allowed to happen.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: January 5, 2021, 03:45:50 pm »
Shame that won't be allowed to happen.

Hoping it’s now a case of ‘right we d got you this far Man U, your on your own now’ Lol

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: January 5, 2021, 03:45:51 pm »

You really think the officials will allow us to beat United? They're gonna get at least 2 penalites.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #587 on: January 5, 2021, 03:56:25 pm »
Hoping it’s now a case of ‘right we d got you this far Man U, your on your own now’ Lol
We're not far enough behind yet. If we play well, it is interesting to see just how blatant the officials will be to stop us from winning. A mediocre performance from us means the standard level of cheating will suffice.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: January 5, 2021, 04:12:41 pm »
You really think the officials will allow us to beat United? They're gonna get at least 2 penalites.

That's my predicition and a red card for one of ours too, for breathing on that cheating toothy twat
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: January 5, 2021, 04:24:16 pm »
Still abso-fucking-lutely loving being a LIverpool supporter right now ;D

It will probably take a few years to take me down from my buzz. In the last 2 seasons we have gorged on more success and brilliant moments than most supporters get in a lifetime. We are spoilt, let's face it.

Did people think we would not have the odd bump in the road? Read some good posts on here the last few days, and obviously a ton of bed wetting nonsense.

Just enjoy the ride I say and don't take it all too seriously. Let the blokes that get paid millions do all the serious thinking.

Enjoy these good times - we fought long and hard to get here. If you're depressed from the last few results,  snap the fuck out of it because it's just stupid. Even if we don't win a single thing this year, just enjoy the journey. And if you're calm and have perspective after the last few results, well done to you. You have attained suitable levels of wisdom to enjoy being a healthy Liverpool supporter ;D

Trust me, it will help you get through these tough times better and you'll be a happier, lighter supporter.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: January 5, 2021, 04:34:19 pm »

Just enjoy the ride I say and don't take it all too seriously. Let the blokes that get paid millions do all the serious thinking.

Wish I could. I've been trying to take this attitude for years, but it isn't happening.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #591 on: January 5, 2021, 04:38:06 pm »
It'd be okay if we were getting a fair deal off the officials. I've said for a while there's only so long that can keep happening before it starts to demoralise the players and the manager as well which also seeps to the players. Add in the injury situation, players out of position, lack of rotation as a result and things just aren't going for us.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2021, 04:40:16 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #592 on: January 5, 2021, 04:39:05 pm »
I agree with this, its about sharing time and pints and slagging with your mates, the whole anticipation..and i have mates that are united fans, so great as it was to finally get that bastard monkey off our backs, it wasnt as good as it should have been...
Watching football being the guy whos the Liverpool champions of the premier league fan....there wasnt enough of this..
This season has been dirt in loads of ways. But I still watch all our games (and most of the others too)..

..It wont be too long till its back properly, and our form will be back, and we can love being the fans of the best footballing team in the league by a mile.. while smiling into our pints...:)

I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: January 5, 2021, 04:41:36 pm »
I said to myself when that went in "well they can't fucking disallow that" and then the c*nts spent 5 minutes trying to do just that.

I didn't even cheer because I thought they'd rule it out (I caught the Dier fall in real time which I thought would give them the excuse to chalk it off). Still surprised they didn't.

Probably couldn't get the right angle to justify it.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: January 5, 2021, 04:43:07 pm »

It will probably take a few years to take me down from my buzz. In the last 2 seasons we have gorged on more success and brilliant moments than most supporters get in a lifetime. We are spoilt, let's face it.

Did people think we would not have the odd bump in the road? Read some good posts on here the last few days, and obviously a ton of bed wetting nonsense.

Enjoy these good times - we fought long and hard to get here. If you're depressed from the last few results,  snap the fuck out of it because it's just stupid. Even if we don't win a single thing this year, just enjoy the journey. And if you're calm and have perspective after the last few results, well done to you. You have attained suitable levels of wisdom to enjoy being a healthy Liverpool supporter ;D

Trust me, it will help you get through these tough times better and you'll be a happier, lighter supporter.
Of course that's all good and we are a great team. It's the general state of the game and the inexplicable reffing decisions combined with all the agenda driven bullshit that are turning people off.
It's still a great game, I enjoy watching the sport of football, but in its current format? Naaaa, sod that.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: January 5, 2021, 04:45:25 pm »
Wish I could. I've been trying to take this attitude for years, but it isn't happening.

Yeh man, i used to take it too seriously and my mood got affected when we lost. These days i don't care so much and football rarely gets me down (other than first 30 mins after the game if we don't win). I think i'm one of the lucky ones. May sound daft, but on a human level i don't begrudge Man Utd supporters some respite from having Ole as their manager - must have been depressing being a United supporter last few years, so let them have the new year joy for once. Even during the Fergie era (when i took footy more seriously), I appreciated the moments where we were on top and had some hope. Even if i knew the foundations were shaky, it was good to get those moments on top and the occasional shiny pot.

It does help just having a good structure at the club from top to bottom. This is the first time since the mid eighties where I feel we are set up for sustainable success. I think that also breeds calm. Helps you to put the inevitable tough moments into context.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: January 5, 2021, 04:45:51 pm »

I've had more than my fair share of success,12 titles in my life, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA, 8 League Cups, 5 FA Cups, CWC, I've seen shit seasons where we finished 5th under Bob, gone through the whole cancers thing, but this is the first time I've ever seen the League itself deliberately fucking us over. I can take us not winning it, that's football, but to be blatantly cheated out of it by the officials? nah fuck that.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: January 5, 2021, 04:50:01 pm »
but to be blatantly cheated out of it by the officials? nah fuck that.

Makes watching pointless.

Can't imagine how it makes playing feel.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: January 5, 2021, 04:50:32 pm »

Well said.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: January 5, 2021, 04:50:47 pm »
Of course that's all good and we are a great team. It's the general state of the game and the inexplicable reffing decisions combined with all the agenda driven bullshit that are turning people off.
It's still a great game, I enjoy watching the sport of football, but in its current format? Naaaa, sod that.

I've had to jib all the punditry, podcasts, commentary and social media side of it off this season (in house LFC channels aside). I don't know know how reds can stand it. It was only bearable last seasons because we won every week.

One benefit has been our poor away form being played out to empty crowds, so we don't have to listen to dickhead opposition fans rubbing it in.