Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 173510 times)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #600 on: January 5, 2021, 04:51:58 pm »
I've had more than my fair share of success,12 titles in my life, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA, 8 League Cups, 5 FA Cups, CWC, I've seen shit seasons where we finished 5th under Bob, gone through the whole cancers thing, but this is the first time I've ever seen the League itself deliberately fucking us over. I can take us not winning it, that's football, but to be blatantly cheated out of it by the officials? nah fuck that.

You can't prove that last bit mate. Fucking sucks that so many decisions are going against us, but i did feel quite a bit went for us last year. I'm just not a big fan of the whole conspiracy theorising stuff, and if that's what's happening then it's up to the club and our highly paid club staff to find solutions to fight it. It's not the job of us supporters to take all the stresses of the world on our shoulders. Enjoy the game and the good moments, that's all I'm saying. And honestly, I'd say that to any fan of any club.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: January 5, 2021, 05:01:39 pm »
I reap benefit of watching our games in my native tongue and listening to those pundits as well. As far as coping with results. I learned to do that under Hodgson.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: January 5, 2021, 05:05:47 pm »
So Hazell, Roy and SoS all taking a back seat  :'(

;D

Not a back seat, this is by far and away the best Liverpool side I've seen and a couple of weak performances doesn't change that. I'll be looking forward to watching the team when Man Utd game comes around with the same excitement and nervousness I have for any other game over the past few years. We've had some similar performances and results under Klopp to the ones we've seen recently before and they don't really drain how I feel about the team. It happens, I can move on from that.

What's sapping is the farce that's been happening with refereeing decisions this season. It's not paranoia or calling it corruption to say it's been been extraordinarily bad this season in terms of the decisions we've had and it's at the stage where it's happening virtually every game. It's probably one more for the VAR thread but it's not a good sign when we're going into each game dreading what ways officials are going fuck us over this time.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #603 on: January 5, 2021, 05:10:38 pm »
It's not the job of us supporters to take all the stresses of the world on our shoulders. Enjoy the game and the good moments, that's all I'm saying. And honestly, I'd say that to any fan of any club.
A very refreshing take. I've learnt to do that over decades of watching us play, sometimes you just need to put some distance between yourself and the match and shrug those tough moments off.

Woke up this morning feeling a little off no doubt, and it got me thinking that this time of year, daylight, lockdown can amplify a result to being something a little more than it should be.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: January 5, 2021, 05:14:16 pm »
Makes watching pointless.

Can't imagine how it makes playing feel.

This worries me greatly. No matter how much Klopp and the boys love it here, if they start to hate the games, they'll just say fuck it and go elsewhere. Klopp will walk into any job in the world, Mane, Salah, Bobby, Thiago, Alisson, Virg, Trent, Robbo would walk into most/all teams
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #605 on: January 5, 2021, 05:14:40 pm »
I reap benefit of watching our games in my native tongue and listening to those pundits as well. As far as coping with results. I learned to do that under Hodgson.

;D

Spot on...remember Poulson....signed on purpose.....for Liverpool
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: January 5, 2021, 05:15:30 pm »
;D

Spot on...remember Poulson....signed on purpose.....for Liverpool

i was seriously hating football during that time, it was really affecting my moods. I let it go and made peace with the fact that we were utter tripe.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #607 on: January 5, 2021, 05:17:44 pm »
I’ve definitely lost interest in wider football in general. Can’t remember when I last watched a full match that didn’t involve us, even if it was a big game for a rival. Just get too wound up by it. Don’t bother watching other European leagues either even though they’d annoy me far less!

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #608 on: January 5, 2021, 05:25:26 pm »
You can't prove that last bit mate. Fucking sucks that so many decisions are going against us, but i did feel quite a bit went for us last year. I'm just not a big fan of the whole conspiracy theorising stuff, and if that's what's happening then it's up to the club and our highly paid club staff to find solutions to fight it. It's not the job of us supporters to take all the stresses of the world on our shoulders. Enjoy the game and the good moments, that's all I'm saying. And honestly, I'd say that to any fan of any club.

Agree 100%

We're definitely not having the rub of the green at the moment, with refereeing decisions and a whole realm of other things. But to see so many top posters seeing conspiracies and turning their backs on the game as a result I'm finding really sad.

Christ, we've got the best team we've had for over 30 years. I supported us through the Hodgson and the Souness years - Nicky Tanner anyone?

Football is going to get a hell of a lot worse before I turn my back on it, what else am I going to invest my energy and emotions in on a weekend, Strictly and the Masked Singer. Bollox to that 

We can still win the leagues and if we do, given everything thrown at us this season, then we really can be 'fucking unbearable'  ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: January 5, 2021, 05:30:16 pm »

I'm just going with what I see. When you see things like headlocks, bear hugs, potentially career ending tackles go unpunished, when we get given offside for a mm of a toe yet Son is deemed onside when a look says he's off, never mind a line, when other teams get penalties that are waved away from us, when a penalty is given that the ref waved away at full speed, then if it walks like a duck.....

Agree 100%

We're definitely not having the rub of the green at the moment, with refereeing decisions and a whole realm of other things. But to see so many top posters seeing conspiracies and turning their backs on the game as a result I'm finding really sad.

Christ, we've got the best team we've had for over 30 years. I supported us through the Hodgson and the Souness years - Nicky Tanner anyone?

Football is going to get a hell of a lot worse before I turn my back on it, what else am I going to invest my energy and emotions in on a weekend, Strictly and the Masked Singer. Bollox to that 

We can still win the leagues and if we do, given everything thrown at us this season, then we really can be 'fucking unbearable'  ;D

The game is broken and they won't try to fix it, unless you are the Mancs and then Jim'll fix it for them - 42 fucking penalties?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #610 on: January 5, 2021, 05:30:27 pm »
If there was a way to devise the perfect season to utterly destroy that fanbase by the way....it’d go like this one is. If we end up winning the title after the shit we’ve had so far it’ll completely cripple them. I’d genuinely worry for Gary Neville.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #611 on: January 5, 2021, 05:32:02 pm »
Cheers bud. Your attempt to cheer me up is appreciated. 😊

I know what you mean about feeling blessed. I'm not religious either, but I know what you mean. I recall a time way back in the 1970s. I was always a morose kid and I honestly never wanted to be alive. I know this is heavy shit, but only for knowing how it would devastate my family, I'd have hung myself.

The only reason I put this information out there is because two things in my life were my saving grace. The first was Liverpool FC, the second was music that I found cathartic. One day I was walking down Walton Breck after a match and it dawned on me just how lucky I was. Of all the places in the world I could have been born, I landed in Broadgreen. I landed at a time where I could go and watch the greatest football club in the world winning the biggest trophies in the game and I could watch from the greatest, most famous terrace in world football. All that, and just a few short miles from our front door.

It was at that moment that I thought, fuck me, despite all my problems I've landed on my feet here. How lucky am I. In many ways, LFC got me through. Of all the places in all the world, and of all time periods in history, I was lucky enough to land where and when I did and, to quote Roy Batty, to have "seen things you people wouldn't believe.."

While these memories make me want to stick with the game, and while Klopp and what he stands for and has built here wants me to stick with it too, seeing the current shambolic state of the game and it's wilful destruction by those running it just further fuels my despair and my feelings that I should now leave it all behind.

sorry to hear about the way you felt at that time but man you're still here so you WON that battle - though if it was down to VAR  ;D

i am just trying to cheer you up but i have a friend who suffers depression linked to his bi-polar disorder and the LAST THING you do is try and cheer him up and tell him how good life is - you just have to listen to him and hope he gets through his feelings. i once talked him down from an upstairs window because he just wanted to jump. i didn't tell him not to i just talked and talked (it was hours not minutes) and he finally decided he didn't want to do it but it was a terrible moment and one he hasn't revisited since i'm glad to ssay

but with regards to the way football is - well i can't fucking help there can i mate  ;D

but would i would never leave the game behind because that would mean that i'm leaving my club behind and i can't do that

stick with it fella - think of all the good times we'll have lifting trophies and setting records regardless of/in spit of the way the game is run
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #612 on: January 5, 2021, 05:32:03 pm »
Not watching any football at the moment. It's just not football for me with all the blatant cheating, VAR, and no fans being in the ground.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2021, 05:34:09 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: January 5, 2021, 05:38:37 pm »
I will enjoy footie a lot more when the LFC revenge seeking beast awakens... ;D

But, yeah, nah.  The constant shitty decisions and knowing we absolutely will not catch a break has ground me down.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: January 5, 2021, 05:43:07 pm »
Agree 100%

If there was more honest discussion about the state of reffing that would be one thing. But the media are wanking themselves silly "because its a proper title race"

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: January 5, 2021, 05:45:33 pm »
Not watching any football at the moment. It's just not football for me with all the blatant cheating, VAR, and no fans being in the ground.

Cheating that is actually encouraged.  :o

Yea last night was my last game for a while.

I might watch our next CL game.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: January 5, 2021, 05:55:20 pm »
Before this season I've pretty much watched all of the matches under Klopp and thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of years. I admire the way Klopp and his team have achieved success with hardwork, honesty and integrity rather than excessive spending and turning to the dark arts, and its really refreshing in this day and age.

This season I've watched the team and something just doesn't seem right, the warning signs have been there for a while versus the likes of Leeds and Villa. I didn't watch the derby game, I don't know why but I had a really bad feeling about that match beforehand and when I heard about Virgil's injury I felt physically sick. Then when I saw the Mane VAR pictures, it was quite clear that they were going out of their way to disallow the goal. As for Pickford, I've said for a ages that it was only a matter of time before he injured someone because he has history for it, but for some reason he keeps getting away with it. It's just a shame that it happened to be one of our players.

Its been mentioned in other threads that we've been getting fucked over by referees for years, just think of Atkinson, especially at Old Trafford. You have certain referee's that have already decided that they are giving you fuck off even before a ball is kicked. I've had it myself when I used to play, some of them just take a personal dislike to you or they have a bee in their bonnet such as they don't like swearing, tackles from behind or timewasting etc. but to be honest, that never bothered me and you adjust your game accordingly.

Obviously in the Pro game there is more at stake and the idea of VAR was to stop clangers and provide more fairness in cases where the referee has got it wrong. I think back to last season and the Wolves game, Taylor has rocked up and decided to give us nothing, he's disallowed a goal even before it hits the back of the net. It goes to VAR and the goal is rightly given, cancelling out his bias. I don't know what has happened this year but its as if this bias is now being reinforced by VAR and in some cases increasing that bias e.g. Sheff United and Brighton 'non' penalties being given. So we've now reverted back to being shafted by the referee on the field but with the added bonus of being shafted by the VAR muppet, effectively playing against 13 men now!

Its becoming comical now, open season with violence against our players going unpunished, whilst a freekick and a yellow card is given when an opposition player is not even touched but dives and screams - they are of course cheating but the referees are enablers for this behaviour. Falling for the cheating is showing that they don't actually know the game and that could be the reason why we don't get the decisions because our players are not diving cheats or it could be that the referees are just bias. The more I watch games, and I've watched a lot more of other teams this year, the more I think it is the latter. Put it this way, if you've got Martin FUCKING Tyler commenting on the 'none' foul on Salah the other night then alarm bells should be ringing - even he sounds embarrassed by it now.

The problem with this gang of referees now is its too cosy, cushy whatever, its like a gang of mates who are untouchable and the fact that they are all white Englishmen is not a good look and I wonder what the conversation sounds like when they all get together. They'll all talk about teams and players and this is where the group opinions will be formed, not necessarily consciously.

So then we come on to the actual football of our great team, it felt like that defeat was coming - it probably should have happened at Fulham but for the miracle of actually getting a penalty. We've seen some exceptional performances this season against the likes of Leicester, Wolves and Spurs but generally our level has dropped significantly and there have been quite a few terrible performances now. The players look knackered both physically and emotionally which is understandable given the year we've all been through so I can't be critical of them. I think Klopp has been affected too, some of his decisions have been odd. I know that we've had a lot of injuries but the use of some squad players might have been better and he hasn't managed to affect games with his substitutions, the timings have been odd. It feels like he is just trying to nurse us through this period difficult period and still get the results, it hasn't paid off. Look he's the best manager we've ever had and has earned any benefit of doubt. The club has definitely slipped up by not ensuring cover for what is essentially only two reliable CBs, they've got nearly everthing right but that has been a mistake, perhaps covid was a factor in not being able to sign someone.

For the first time in years, I'm actually dreading watching one of our games now but I'm hopeful that we will improve when Matip and Jota return. These low points are what makes the highs so special.

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: January 5, 2021, 06:30:54 pm »
If you are dreading to watch us play now, I don't know how you survived 10 years ago

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #618 on: January 5, 2021, 06:36:12 pm »
If you are dreading to watch us play now, I don't know how you survived 10 years ago
Exactly. I feel incredibly lucky to have watched this team over the last few years. At no other time in my life have Liverpool been unquestionably the finest team in the world.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: January 5, 2021, 06:44:58 pm »
Maybe I should swap the first and last paragraphs if people are just going to quote a single line, I might get lucky then.
 ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: January 5, 2021, 06:50:38 pm »
Maybe I should swap the first and last paragraphs if people are just going to quote a single line, I might get lucky then.
 ;D

No i read your whole post, and I understand, but still there's never been a time under Klopp that I didn't want to watch us play. Particularly now with the players we have.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: January 5, 2021, 07:02:55 pm »
The only shit thing about this season is the lack of fans. Everything else is great.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #622 on: January 5, 2021, 07:16:12 pm »
The only shit thing about this season is the lack of fans. Everything else is great.

And some of the decisions. How Walcott going through Milner like that is not even a fucking freekick is mind-boggling. Some posters on here make very good points. I hate conspiracy shit but look at some of the obvious ones this season. As one example, how was Walcott's challenge on Milner not deemed a foul???
Another of course is the challenge on Virgil.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: January 5, 2021, 07:16:16 pm »
No i read your whole post, and I understand, but still there's never been a time under Klopp that I didn't want to watch us play. Particularly now with the players we have.

I want to watch us play, but I don't want to get divorced by losing my shit and booting the telly in. Miss the days of being in the ground and being able to let rip.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: January 5, 2021, 07:18:40 pm »
;D

Not a back seat, this is by far and away the best Liverpool side I've seen and a couple of weak performances doesn't change that. I'll be looking forward to watching the team when Man Utd game comes around with the same excitement and nervousness I have for any other game over the past few years. We've had some similar performances and results under Klopp to the ones we've seen recently before and they don't really drain how I feel about the team. It happens, I can move on from that.

What's sapping is the farce that's been happening with refereeing decisions this season. It's not paranoia or calling it corruption to say it's been been extraordinarily bad this season in terms of the decisions we've had and it's at the stage where it's happening virtually every game. It's probably one more for the VAR thread but it's not a good sign when we're going into each game dreading what ways officials are going fuck us over this time.

Sport is success then not so. We all know that. Don’t think the players will be going into games with negative waves. That’s all that matters.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #625 on: January 5, 2021, 07:20:15 pm »

The lack of fans doesn't bother me in the PL (though I don't have a season ticket). It's a loss at Anfield but then there's no dickhead away fans which evens it up and we've still done well at home. Away from home you don't have to put up with dickhead home fans. The derby would have been even more unbearable with their baying, booing mob; or Villa game.

It's the officials that are the shit thing about the season, the bias, selective refereeing and all the diving and cheating they facilitate.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: January 5, 2021, 07:20:41 pm »
And some of the decisions. How Walcott going through Milner like that is not even a fucking freekick is mind-boggling. Some posters on here make very good points. I hate conspiracy shit but look at some of the obvious ones this season. As one example, how was Walcott's challenge on Milner not deemed a foul???

Yes it’s shit but you can get over that. The lack of fans is fucking awful.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #627 on: January 5, 2021, 07:29:36 pm »

A lot of these officials have it in for us, but there's no blowback for fucking us over, so they just keep doing it.  I do think no fans helps in this regard. Against Wolves the fans in the ground went ballistic when Coady got a pen and that wasn't just about that decision, it was months worth of frustration built up over other decisions as well. These fuckers have had nobody on their backs all season.

It also helps that we seem fair game to fuck over. Especially this season because the media want their title race, so they'll say nothing if refs cost us points because they want us to lose. With the Phil Thompson sacking we lost the one genuine red left in the mainstream media who'd fight our corner.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
« Reply #628 on: January 5, 2021, 07:34:38 pm »
It's pretty crap. Football without fans, noise and passion is nothing.

Most of the games are like a pre-season friendlies. VAR/Refs are a disaster. If this was 30 years ago pre-TV money days we would not be playing.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: January 5, 2021, 07:43:53 pm »

Really? So the way VAR is ran and referees in general is great, is it? Add to that the blatant cheating that's going on as well.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #630 on: January 5, 2021, 07:46:53 pm »

You've lost me there...could you expand on the everything else that's great?...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: January 5, 2021, 07:49:07 pm »
VAR surely has to be the bigger issue here than the lack of fans? At least for those who love the sport, rather than the occassion/event of football.

I'd still be excited to watch us play with no fans for the next however many years if it came to it. Not ideal, but still enjoyable.

What doesn't get me excited is going into each game wondering how shite, inconsistent technology will further ruin our sport this time. Or the incompetent refs (but that's been there for a while in England, so I was used to that).

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: January 5, 2021, 07:52:45 pm »
It's been a load of shite, and you only need to look at the top 8 of the table to see why. Shit teams like Villa, Southampton, United, Everton, etc etc, all fancy it and are actually looking like they could be in with a shout. No fans, bent refs and dodgy VAR. Injuries and covid drop outs all over the shop, and chuck in the fact that some games, the players look like they have the mentality of playing a training session. There's nothing cohesive about this season at all, and I'm sick and tired of hearing pundits and commentators talk like its a normal fucking season. They can all get fucked. There's nothing "normal" about it.

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #633 on: January 5, 2021, 07:54:45 pm »

The only thing I’m dreading about watching us play at the mo is how the officials and VAR are gonna fuck us out of a result, the Premiership is more corrupt than the Italian League this season and every none Liverpool fan seems fine with it.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: January 5, 2021, 07:58:54 pm »
It's been a load of shite, and you only need to look at the top 8 of the table to see why. Shit teams like Villa, Southampton, United, Everton, etc etc, all fancy it and are actually looking like they could be in with a shout. No fans, bent refs and dodgy VAR. Injuries and covid drop outs all over the shop, and chuck in the fact that some games, the players look like they have the mentality of playing a training session. There's nothing cohesive about this season at all, and I'm sick and tired of hearing pundits and commentators talk like its a normal fucking season. They can all get fucked. There's nothing "normal" about it.

^^^THIS^^^
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: January 5, 2021, 07:59:54 pm »
You've lost me there...could you expand on the everything else that's great?...

We have won the CL and League in consecutive seasons. We have one of the best sides and best manager we have had, certainly the best I have ever seen.

Any moaning yesterday is all in the context of the team setting high standards and not hitting it. But even that is moaning from a place of luxury.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: January 5, 2021, 08:05:27 pm »
It is a fucking privilege to watch this team play. One of, maybe the greatest any of us will ever see in our lifetimes. Never forget that. 
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #637 on: January 5, 2021, 08:06:00 pm »

That nails it really...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: January 5, 2021, 08:09:44 pm »
We have won the CL and League in consecutive seasons. We have one of the best sides and best manager we have had, certainly the best I have ever seen.

Any moaning yesterday is all in the context of the team setting high standards and not hitting it. But even that is moaning from a place of luxury.

We're talking about this season though. And nobody is denying this is one of the best Liverpool sides of all time either.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: January 5, 2021, 08:14:58 pm »
We're talking about this season though. And nobody is denying this is one of the best Liverpool sides of all time either.

Yeah but it still happened. Things are a bit tougher, but we and this very team has tasted the success.