Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 174333 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #480 on: November 3, 2020, 12:17:47 pm »
Maybe it's because for the vast majority of my life I've had a ST, but I honestly don't really notice the lack of a crowd.

I'm often too engrossed with what's going on on the pitch to even notice the stands have banners on them or to notice the sound isn't live - it's just background noise that I don't pay too much attention to.

Might be totally different for those not used to going to Anfield I guess and who are used to watching us on TV with an Anfield crowd, but just think those properly moaning about it are just be a tad dramatic.

I don't notice the lack of a crowd much from a TV perspective because I watch our games with the sound off anyway and put the radio on or something. a) because of how annoying commentators are and b) because of how annoying opposition fans are. I'd actually rather listen to the piped in crowd noise than the shit other fans come out with all game. Alas, i'd still have to listen to Tyler and Carragher.

It does make me less inclined to watch other games though. It was the Milan derby the other week, which i'd normally enjoy, but the empty stadium takes the spectacle away so I didn't bother.

I find VAR more of a negative than the lack of a crowd to be honest. Even with a crowd last season I was reluctant to celebrate goals because of the VAR factor.
VAR has taken a lot away from the fans enjoyment in the ground anyway, so if it wasn't for the financial hit i'd take the trade off of no fans if it meant no VAR.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2020, 12:20:43 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: November 3, 2020, 12:24:34 pm »
Bloody hell, I watched some games  on Teletext when I was a kid. People saying they can't enjoy the game because VAR is taking the spontaneity of celebrations away from them.

As for VAR's wrong decisions ruining the enjoyment, the refs have always made shite decisions.

Maybe watch something else and follow a different sport, like quidditch.

My stream died in the derby so I followed the last minutes on the live score app. It came through 3-2 only to go back to 2-2 a few minutes later.

Even the joy of following the game like that has gone because if a goal comes through you spend the next few minutes hoping it won't be taken off. It's farcical how VAR has taken the simple pleasures away from the game.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #482 on: November 3, 2020, 10:07:43 pm »
How about now?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #483 on: November 3, 2020, 10:09:25 pm »
My stream died in the derby so I followed the last minutes on the live score app. It came through 3-2 only to go back to 2-2 a few minutes later.

Even the joy of following the game like that has gone because if a goal comes through you spend the next few minutes hoping it won't be taken off. It's farcical how VAR has taken the simple pleasures away from the game.
Hasn't taken the pleasure away for me.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: November 3, 2020, 10:12:23 pm »
Hasn't taken the pleasure away for me.

It's fine on the whole, just VAR takes the enjoyment out of it at times.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #485 on: November 3, 2020, 10:22:38 pm »
S’alright.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: November 3, 2020, 11:31:56 pm »
First time in my adult life that I'm a truly happy, contented, chilled out Liverpool supporter.

Am I enjoying it? I am LOVING IT!!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Abin465

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #487 on: November 4, 2020, 06:34:16 am »
Absolutely enjoying it. Incredible to see that we have put together a team like this. 10 years ago, I could not even dream of having a team so good.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #488 on: November 4, 2020, 10:11:15 am »
Delighted this thread had re-emerged...

The premise still holds. What’s the first thing reds on social media are doing after a 5-0 win away in Europe? Bleating on about one of best ever forwards and how he’s not good enough.

The ‘Perfection Metric’ is killing people’s ability to enjoy the purity of winning 3 points. We win 7-2 in the League Cup and a young 19 year old fullback gets horrific abuse; we beat a Danish side in the CL and blokes just want to slaughter our Japanese understudy; we continue to carve out victories in the league and a very promising home grown midfielder is charged with not being brilliant.

Just absurd and ultimately totally joyless...and mean.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #489 on: November 4, 2020, 10:13:17 am »
First time in my adult life that I'm a truly happy, contented, chilled out Liverpool supporter.

Am I enjoying it? I am LOVING IT!!
Pretty much the same but feel like I am missing out on it as well by not being allowed to go the match.

Online Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: November 4, 2020, 10:21:11 am »
Fucking loving it. Missing going the game, but watching Liverpool and us being so good is a much needed distraction right now.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #491 on: November 4, 2020, 11:46:43 am »
I'm enjoying the games and wins, and want us to win every trophy possible, but the thought of not being in the grounds come the end of the season and seeing potential trophies lifted is just grim.

One day we might actually see Jota score a goal in the ground, might even see Thiago too  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: November 4, 2020, 01:02:58 pm »
Fucking loving it. Missing going the game, but watching Liverpool and us being so good is a much needed distraction right now.

Yes, last night was joyful. These are challenging times, and I thank god for Jurgen's Reds.

Offline Greg86

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Self Amortizing
« Reply #493 on: November 4, 2020, 01:06:22 pm »
Last night was the first night I truly enjoyed a game since it went behind closed doors, hearing the players, coaches and managers was excellent, there was so much that you don't normally get from watching at home, from hearing how much Hendo orders everyone about, to hearing Jota screaming for the pass from Sadio.

I miss hearing the fans, but would love a feed without commentary that was just the actual stadium sounds like last night.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #494 on: November 4, 2020, 01:13:17 pm »
5 wins in 13 days ain't to be sniffed at

Made me laugh though was in the 58 minute , five up and Hendo fires a pass at Trent near the touch line, Trent manages to control it then ping a throw in off one of the Atlanta players, glares at Hendo and say ' give us a better f**king pass man!'

As much i as i miss the atmosphere and ambiance of a full stadium , its funny to hear some of the players all communicating with each other
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #495 on: January 4, 2021, 10:11:49 pm »
Refuse to believe anybody can enjoy this. Bad football aside in the last few, it's horrible

c*nt refs
No consequences to players getting intentionally booted about
Having to watch every game on the tele and more than likely not getting back into the ground until next year

Shite.

Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: January 5, 2021, 07:08:59 am »
The refs are the biggest thing sucking the enjoyment out of the game for me. We get absolutely 0 from them.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #497 on: January 5, 2021, 08:51:50 am »
Tortuous at the moment...glad of the FA Cup weekend for some relief away from the shitshow that is this season's Premier League....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #498 on: January 5, 2021, 08:52:56 am »
It’s pretty demoralising right now considering everything going against us, the joy many are taking in such an open screw job and the perverse pleasure a certain few ‘fans’ seem to take in being ‘right’ when we struggle. Jckliews posts in the United thread this morning, gloating that we dropped points, are one of the worst examples of supporting I’ve ever seen on RAWK.

But the manager and players deserve us sticking with them and not abandoning them and the season.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: January 5, 2021, 08:54:00 am »
No

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: January 5, 2021, 09:03:22 am »
Loving it. Excited for Villa, can't wait to see Grealish get a free kick or pen every time one of ours goes within 2 yards of him while McGinn and co do UFC moves on our players in the penalty area and play goes on.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: January 5, 2021, 09:29:51 am »
Hating it.

Need to stop watching.

It's effecting my mood too much.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: January 5, 2021, 09:30:39 am »
It’s been gruelling especially for the last 3 games, we’ve managed to be both unlucky and poor. Looking forward to the CL though, and I know we’d a signing or too we’ll bounce back and at least be in challenging for the title until the end
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #503 on: January 5, 2021, 09:34:26 am »
Hating it.

Need to stop watching.

Me too. Woke up randomly at 5am this morning and it's all I could think about straight away so I was wide awake fuming till my alarm went off, fucking knackered now. I've already said in another thread I'm probably not going to watch the United match as I just don't think I can bear to sit through the expected refereeing/Manc display without smashing my TV screen. Whether I can permanently stop is another matter though.

But the manager and players deserve us sticking with them and not abandoning them and the season.

But this too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: January 5, 2021, 09:46:14 am »
Its shit without fans and nothing will change that.

But the team is excellent and the talent we have is amazing.

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: January 5, 2021, 09:57:07 am »
I get the impression the team needs a long break. Their title winning run last year, even during lockdown, they probably couldn't switch off. Having to stay in top condition, always thinking about the next game.

Then when they win it, no time at all to bask in their achievement, breaking a 30 year duck. Straight back into another season, lose their talisman defender, with no punishment handed out. Bound to be demoralising.

I feel the same way with this personally, first time we won the league and the fans never got that release, and now I see the achievement being taken for granted, people jumping on the team's back after a run of bad results.

The day after Van Dijk, I said I'd be happy if we were with touching distance of the leaders come March/April and then we could put a run together to take us over the line. I still feel that's the case.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2021, 10:00:04 am by damomad »
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: January 5, 2021, 10:04:54 am »
Hating it.

Need to stop watching.

Agreed.

I know people may point out that we are still top and still in the race, but the games just aren’t enjoyable anymore. I’ve always stuck by my opinion that the officials aren’t biased, they’re just shite. I really am struggling now though, some of the fouls that went unpunished yesterday, I couldn’t believe what I was watching. The bar for us to win a foul compared to concede one is ridiculous.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: January 5, 2021, 10:09:45 am »
Despite being top, it hasn't been pleasant viewing. No crowds is the worst but every game feels like it decided by referees more than ever. Never remember a time when that was always the case. The new rules also are complete shite. Our away form is also shite.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #508 on: January 5, 2021, 10:17:19 am »
Hating it.

Need to stop watching.

Yeah I'm feeling similar. Regardless of results, it's shit without fans and I'm feeling a bit numb towards it all. I'm just so gutted we never got to celebrate our title properly.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #509 on: January 5, 2021, 10:20:42 am »
We are going to struggle to get fourth. We are up against an insane injury crisis and totally corrupt officiating.
Need to switch off from football for a while.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #510 on: January 5, 2021, 11:10:06 am »
All the good bits are gone, all the shit bits remain. I know this will sound sour because we are doing badly now but it's going to be shit until fans get back in the ground and I can't really be arsed with it until then. Watching with no fans reminds me how fucked everything is.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: January 5, 2021, 11:11:20 am »
I honestly am

The feeling if we retain the title in a close race and are then able to actually celebrate it.... It will be even better than last year

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #512 on: January 5, 2021, 11:18:10 am »
I honestly am

The feeling if we retain the title in a close race and are then able to actually celebrate it.... It will be even better than last year
I see two problems with your scenario haha
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: January 5, 2021, 11:18:53 am »
Null and void.  :wave

Honestly speaking, I'm not really enjoying it. I can deal with no fans for a while. I still love watching the sport. But that's the main issue, it's not the sport I fell in love with anymore. VAR has ruined it.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: January 5, 2021, 11:29:11 am »
Agreed.

I know people may point out that we are still top and still in the race, but the games just aren’t enjoyable anymore. I’ve always stuck by my opinion that the officials aren’t biased, they’re just shite. I really am struggling now though, some of the fouls that went unpunished yesterday, I couldn’t believe what I was watching. The bar for us to win a foul compared to concede one is ridiculous.

Same here. Its blatantly obvious we are being cheated and I'm sick of it. If the PL don't want LFC to be a part of a European Super League, they are going the wrong way about it. Our owners aren't blind, they know what is going on and they won't put up with it.

I honestly wouldn't be arsed if we left this league and took the money with us, the PL can get fucked.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #515 on: January 5, 2021, 11:42:29 am »
It's shit without fans but it is what it is until we can get some normality back.

The current use of VAR has completely killed the excitement of the game for me though.

The powers that be really are destroying their own sport.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #516 on: January 5, 2021, 11:44:32 am »
When we lost VVD and Gomez, there was the media cry of Liverpool are knackered now! But it didn't happen immediately, we coped and coped quite well.

It is now we're struggling, injuries, loss of form, forwards going shot-shy, Hendo at CB.  Last night was one of the worse performances I've seen under Klopp.

We'll come through it.  We had no competition last year, we were that good.  Always going to be different this season.

Up The Mighty Reds. :scarf

fc

« Last Edit: January 5, 2021, 11:46:17 am by flyingcod »
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #517 on: January 5, 2021, 12:02:24 pm »
No, I've not enjoyed this season at all, and for the first time in my 58 years on planet Earth, I've stopped watching the game I love. Listening to commentators that could drain the joy out of any occasion has been irritating for years. Listening to gobshite pundits with agendas has always been tiresome, but at least you can turn over straight after a game.

This season though, well the appallingly low standard of officiating, the travesties of a VAR system completely unfit for purpose, the changing of the rules on a game by game basis and the fact these incompetents have no accountability and no professional pride has finished me off.

I find it pointless watching live games because you simply cannot celebrate anything anymore and know any goal we score will be forensically examined for reasons to chalk it off.

The game I love is pretty much dead. It's been eroded away for years now, but I don't even recognise it anymore. Now, I don't even watch because a game that should be bringing joy and relief from horribly difficult times is just adding to my anxiety and stress. There are simply too many parasites leeching the lifeblood out of the game. They have their knee on the neck of the goose that lays the golden eggs and it's taking its last breaths.

« Last Edit: January 5, 2021, 12:04:46 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #518 on: January 5, 2021, 12:12:05 pm »
No, I've not enjoyed this season at all, and for the first time in my 58 years on planet Earth, I've stopped watching the game I love. Listening to commentators that could drain the joy out of any occasion has been irritating for years. Listening to gobshite pundits with agendas has always been tiresome, but at least you can turn over straight after a game.

This, our lack of form recently and the awful officiating is making it tedious and painful to watch. Our form will improve but the media bias and refereeing probably won't in the near future, and that's what makes me despair the most.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: January 5, 2021, 12:12:13 pm »
Horrible this season.

That gut wrenching Derby seems to be the catalyst for the season, injuries, shit officiating and how inept VAR is.

It's a shit show of a season without fans, and also the blatant agenda by the PL and PGMOL doing everything unsporting to make United relevant again.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."