Author Topic: The Laugh at Manchester United Thread or the 'Ban Thread' for idiots....?.  (Read 1255365 times)

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: José Mourinho - Storming up the table like a boss. Best team ever.
« Reply #11640 on: March 20, 2017, 04:15:13 pm »
If they beat Everton in a couple of weeks then they'll be in a good position to finish the season as the third best team in the North West. A fine achievement.

And on a shoestring too. Who knows what Maureen could achieve if he only had a bit of money to spend.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #11641 on: March 20, 2017, 04:27:09 pm »
Who knows what Maureen could achieve if he only had a bit of money to spend.

And if officials weren't actively conspiring against him.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #11642 on: March 20, 2017, 05:43:36 pm »

Do I smell some jealousy in this thread?
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11643 on: March 20, 2017, 05:52:32 pm »

No, that smell is the shitstain you have as your manager.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #11644 on: March 20, 2017, 06:02:04 pm »

No son he's all your's.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #11645 on: March 20, 2017, 07:01:44 pm »
Now they're above 6th... the obvious worry for Utd is that after this incredible achievement, will next season be a case of "after the lord mayors show". You get the impression some of these players will feel like they've achieved everything they dreamed of.

I guess they could try and stay in sixth for the whole of next season or something... or maybe try to be in every position except sixth.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this...

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #11646 on: March 20, 2017, 07:07:10 pm »
Now they're above 6th... the obvious worry for Utd is that after this incredible achievement, will next season be a case of "after the lord mayors show". You get the impression some of these players will feel like they've achieved everything they dreamed of.

I guess they could try and stay in sixth for the whole of next season or something... or maybe try to be in every position except sixth.

Since they've done a Leicester this season, I expect them to do so again next season. ;)

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #11647 on: March 20, 2017, 07:24:03 pm »
And you just know the vultures will be circling ready to pick off their prized assets... in spite of the rivalry it'll be sad if this team is carved up at the end of the season.

Carrick to be next years Kante?

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #11648 on: March 20, 2017, 07:35:21 pm »
And you just know the vultures will be circling ready to pick off their prized assets... in spite of the rivalry it'll be sad if this team is carved up at the end of the season.

Hopefully Zlatan mimics Vardy in rejecting a team below him in the table

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11649 on: March 20, 2017, 07:43:12 pm »

Going to be hard to replicate a big season after winning two trophies, Community Shield & League Cup, and coming 5th or 6th next season.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11650 on: March 20, 2017, 07:47:23 pm »

They've certainly got some up and comers.  I'll be honest I'm shitting my pants thinking about how their squad has developed over this season.  Jose has seamlessly utilized the prodigious talents of the older players who still clearly have much to offer- Schweini and Rooney in particular are justttttt hitting the other side of their peak but their professionalism has been an example for the rest of the squad and Jose has used them very well.  They've got some young players really making strides; Smalling is the most natural CB I've ever seen, he never looks unsure of himself; Rojo is absolutely bursting with potassium, Ashley Young is bossing it, Tony Valencia is up and coming and looks set to make that RB role his for the next decade, and that kid Carrick is a wee bit special.  They're a bit lacking in pace, kind of important in the modern game, but I'm sure alienating Martial, Depay, Rashford et al was the thing to do.  In hindsight Pogba was an incredibly astute investment, his leadership skills are impressive for such a precocious talent of 23 and all aspects of his life seem to be about one thing only- football.

I'm making the Phil Jones face just thinking about next season.  WE SHOULDA SIGNED JOSE WHEN WE HAD THE FUCKING CHANCE.  Now we'll never get to see football on this level, Jose is the chief architect of the most beautiful footy to be found in the premier league and probably around the globe.  We blew it.  WE FUCKING BLEW IT. 
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #11651 on: March 20, 2017, 07:50:20 pm »
Ah c'mon. Youse can't laugh about selling Memphis. He was fucking gash and youse dodged a bullet not getting him when Rodgers wanted him.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11652 on: March 20, 2017, 07:53:48 pm »
Ah c'mon. Youse can't laugh about selling Memphis. He was fucking gash and youse dodged a bullet not getting him when Rodgers wanted him.

Well according to the MEN when you bought him...

Memphis Depay: Manchester United have got next Ronaldo, says Holland team-mate

“I have known him two or three years now with the national team and he asked me about the Premier League, what is it like?

“I told him it’s a hard league, but for him, with his ability and skills, I think he can play a massive part for Manchester United.

“Playing with stars like Wayne Rooney and Angel Di Maria will be great for him and will make him better for sure.

“Of course he has two team-mates already there like Robin van Persie and Daley Blind from the Dutch national team and he knows them so that will help him . He knows van Gaal too and he will make him a better player as well.”

Fer also believes Depay has the potential to replicate Cristiano Ronaldo’s phenomenal United career.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/memphis-depay-manchester-united-next-9238861

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #11653 on: March 20, 2017, 09:24:25 pm »

I think he'd do well at Celtic, Tone
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11654 on: March 20, 2017, 09:41:55 pm »

You've got the best manager in the world, the biggest ground in the world, the most expensive players in the world, the driest climate in the world, the best fans in the world and you play the best football in the world.

Of course we're jealous
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11655 on: March 20, 2017, 09:54:44 pm »
Well according to the MEN when you bought him...

Memphis Depay: Manchester United have got next Ronaldo, says Holland team-mate

“I have known him two or three years now with the national team and he asked me about the Premier League, what is it like?

“I told him it’s a hard league, but for him, with his ability and skills, I think he can play a massive part for Manchester United.

“Playing with stars like Wayne Rooney and Angel Di Maria will be great for him and will make him better for sure.

“Of course he has two team-mates already there like Robin van Persie and Daley Blind from the Dutch national team and he knows them so that will help him . He knows van Gaal too and he will make him a better player as well.”

Fer also believes Depay has the potential to replicate Cristiano Ronaldo’s phenomenal United career.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/memphis-depay-manchester-united-next-9238861
leroy fer once bought a horse for a girl who lived in an apartment

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #11656 on: March 20, 2017, 10:19:44 pm »
He's absolutely woeful at United. Delighted we didn't sign him.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11657 on: March 20, 2017, 10:46:57 pm »
He definitely lost his way but he has potential, so I'm glad he's off your books.

I'll be much happier when Martial gets ostracised though.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11658 on: March 20, 2017, 11:28:28 pm »
They've certainly got some up and comers.  I'll be honest I'm shitting my pants thinking about how their squad has developed over this season.  Jose has seamlessly utilized the prodigious talents of the older players who still clearly have much to offer- Schweini and Rooney in particular are justttttt hitting the other side of their peak but their professionalism has been an example for the rest of the squad and Jose has used them very well.  They've got some young players really making strides; Smalling is the most natural CB I've ever seen, he never looks unsure of himself; Rojo is absolutely bursting with potassium, Ashley Young is bossing it, Tony Valencia is up and coming and looks set to make that RB role his for the next decade, and that kid Carrick is a wee bit special.  They're a bit lacking in pace, kind of important in the modern game, but I'm sure alienating Martial, Depay, Rashford et al was the thing to do.  In hindsight Pogba was an incredibly astute investment, his leadership skills are impressive for such a precocious talent of 23 and all aspects of his life seem to be about one thing only- football.

I'm making the Phil Jones face just thinking about next season.  WE SHOULDA SIGNED JOSE WHEN WE HAD THE FUCKING CHANCE.  Now we'll never get to see football on this level, Jose is the chief architect of the most beautiful footy to be found in the premier league and probably around the globe.  We blew it.  WE FUCKING BLEW IT.

Totally agree I want us to play with a team full of defenders, play the game the beautiful way, not waste our time with pretty boys with pretty flicks. A player like Fellaini would land us the title, he has such grace as flies through the air. We have too many Brazilians and players who run about like mad things, and don't go anywhere. Give me Pogba a player of such honesty and hunger who looks as good as he plays. Also Chris Smalling if we had him in our team we'd be at the top of the table and taking on Chelsea.

Jose is the new all modern style manager, flexible tactics, flowing attacking football so good on the eye. So much better than the tripe we got yesterday. Some of our fans need to hide their heads in shame, when they said no to this genius. Now I am going away to sulk, as this is so depressing.  :( 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11659 on: March 21, 2017, 12:12:48 am »
He definitely lost his way but he has potential, so I'm glad he's off your books.

I'll be much happier when Martial gets ostracised though.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #11660 on: March 21, 2017, 03:13:09 am »
New sycophantic fluff piece in The Guardian (from France Football) :

The peaceful one: José Mourinho says he is more mature at Manchester United

José Mourinho has said he is a more mature manager than he was at the start of his career and believes he is able to transmit that serenity to his Manchester United players.

Mourinho’s second spell at Chelsea ended acrimoniously when he was dismissed in December 2015 but, after a difficult start at United, his team are undefeated in the Premier League since October and up to fifth in the table. In an exclusive interview with France Football, to be published on Tuesday, the 54-year-old talks about the importance of establishing “peace and love” in the squad.

“I’ve matured, I’m more at peace. A win no longer represents the moon to me, and a defeat no longer means hell. And I think I can transmit that serenity to the people who work with me, my players. I have the same ambitions as before, the same involvement and the same professionalism. But I am more in control of my emotions.”  :lmao

Mourinho won the league in his second season back at Stamford Bridge but his relationship with the players seemed to suffer after he fell out with the team doctor Eva Carneiro at the beginning of the 2015-16 season. At the time of his dismissal Chelsea were 16th in the league and had lost nine of their previous 16 games.

At United he seems to have a better relationship with his squad. “You have to adapt to a club’s reality, needs and demands,” he said. “That means being intelligent … the priority is to establish relationships of love and peace in a group, to create stability. Manchester United no longer has the super personalities that were Giggs, Scholes or Roy Keane.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/20/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-peaceful-one-more-mature

He really is trolling there, the cock. If he isn't then he seriously is deranged.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:20:39 am by mersey_paradiso »
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11661 on: March 21, 2017, 04:20:54 am »

Glad your lot sold him. He was gash at United but Id have him at Liverpool in a heartbeat. Kid has a lot of potential.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #11662 on: March 21, 2017, 04:26:21 am »
Mourinho is going nowhere at Man Utd, and has huge problems that are compounded by his transfer activity in the summer.

Take Paul Pogba for example who was supposed to solve all the midfield problems since the turn of the century.  Pogba is a player with amazing athleticism, good technique and absolutely no football brain.  He gained prominence at Juventus playing with smart players like Pirlo and Vidal, in a league that Juve would dominate on the second gear.   Now he's in a much more competitive league, playing with inferior players and he has to be the leader.  Results are disastrous, because he is not a clever player.   

He's the type of player that doesn't have a very well defined role (he could do most things well, but none superbly), but Mourinho needs to look at where both Conte and Allegri played him (and not Deschamps)!   In a better team he'd play 20 yards further up, on the left side of the midfield (mezzala) , never as a regista.  The positions he takes on the field are not the correct ones.   He rushes to the CB to get the ball, passes it back, demands the ball back.   All of this happens 70 yards away from the opponents goal when no one is even pressing.  It's comedy.

Rest of midfield is very average.  Herrera is the best of that bunch, but he's nothing special.  Fellaini is effective but very agricultural. Thought Schneiderlin would have worked  for Mourinho, but he never got any minutes.  What's most surprising is that he was sold mid-season.  Perhaps there's a limit to the transfer kitty?   Carrick is finished and should have retired a few years ago.  Schweinsteiger can't get a game.  I don't expect Basti to start every game, but he can maintain possession and relieve pressure from defense when needed. 

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:32:20 am by ElCapo »

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #11663 on: March 21, 2017, 04:31:24 am »
Speaking of defense, here Mourinho has amassed a collection of very poor footballers. Smalling's technical ability on the ball is so, so poor. The amount of times the ball comes to him when he has time to take it down and recycle it, and ends up clearing it first time away, basically gifting possession away very cheaply. 

Also, Smalling has no brain.  The clearest demonstration of this is when he's trying to drive forward carrying the ball into midfield galloping forward like a majestic stallion, only to remember he's not one, then panic. You can see the "oh shit" in his eyes as the space he's in starts to close like a net and he either starts losing control of the ball and slides in to knick it away to someone else or turns back and runs backwards just as fast as he came forward.  Pure comedy.

Then you have Phil Jones who could be a magnificent footballer, such is his tremendous potential.  Just in the NFL though, not in FIFA.  Bailly is new to league, and there's not a lot to judge.  What's evident though is that he is so weak in the air.  He jumps like a turtle - afraid of the ball and trying to avoid contact with it at all costs.   Rojo is decent as a FB, but he is a liability with his rash challenges.   In another universe he'd have 4-5 reds by now.  Valencia is a midfielder-cum-defender, so I won't criticize him so much on line positioning and marking and basic defending skills.  I've never such a one-footed player though.   Blind seems like a smart player without the physical attributes to make it in the PL.  Shaw, what happened to him?  He looks fat for an athlete, and he's probably offski in the summer.

DDG is also offski this summer.  Real Madrid will not tolerate another season of Keilor Navas who seems to commit a blunder every other game.  David wants to go home.  Think this is already agreed. 

Upfront you've got Rooneh!  What a pig, making 300k a week for over 3 years and contributing fckall.  I remember English pundits saying 10 years ago he was better than C Ronaldo, HAHA.  Martial, great talent that left a good environment perhaps too early.  Mkhitaryan and Mata are the only decent attackers in that team and I'm not even sure Mata is a Mourinho player.  Thus everything rests on the shoulders of 35-yr old who's probably seen enough and is pining for the simple life in the Los Angeles sun...

So prepare for another summer of blockbuster transfer deals coming to a theater near you...

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11664 on: March 21, 2017, 04:31:25 am »

This is the greatest rebuttal, ever
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #11665 on: March 21, 2017, 07:16:48 am »
New sycophantic fluff piece in The Guardian (from France Football) :

The peaceful one: José Mourinho says he is more mature at Manchester United

José Mourinho has said he is a more mature manager than he was at the start of his career and believes he is able to transmit that serenity to his Manchester United players.

Mourinho’s second spell at Chelsea ended acrimoniously when he was dismissed in December 2015 but, after a difficult start at United, his team are undefeated in the Premier League since October and up to fifth in the table. In an exclusive interview with France Football, to be published on Tuesday, the 54-year-old talks about the importance of establishing “peace and love” in the squad.

“I’ve matured, I’m more at peace. A win no longer represents the moon to me, and a defeat no longer means hell. And I think I can transmit that serenity to the people who work with me, my players. I have the same ambitions as before, the same involvement and the same professionalism. But I am more in control of my emotions.”  :lmao

Mourinho won the league in his second season back at Stamford Bridge but his relationship with the players seemed to suffer after he fell out with the team doctor Eva Carneiro at the beginning of the 2015-16 season. At the time of his dismissal Chelsea were 16th in the league and had lost nine of their previous 16 games.

At United he seems to have a better relationship with his squad. “You have to adapt to a club’s reality, needs and demands,” he said. “That means being intelligent … the priority is to establish relationships of love and peace in a group, to create stability. Manchester United no longer has the super personalities that were Giggs, Scholes or Roy Keane.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/20/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-peaceful-one-more-mature

He really is trolling there, the cock. If he isn't then he seriously is deranged.
:lmao

That's him off Giggs Xmas list then

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11666 on: March 21, 2017, 09:18:49 am »
But did he get a ride?
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #11667 on: March 21, 2017, 10:08:38 am »
I can't help but feel a little worried that they will be above us soon. They have 2 games in hand and if they win those, well.....

That said, their games in hand are City and Southampton, so they could just as easily lose both.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11668 on: March 21, 2017, 10:14:43 am »
I can't help but feel a little worried that they will be above us soon. They have 2 games in hand and if they win those, well.....

That said, their games in hand are City and Southampton, so they could just as easily lose both.

Their run in is very difficult, compounded by the distraction of the Europa League.

The only worry we should have is our own run-in. On paper we should have no worries and it wouldn't be daft to expect to pick up at least 20 more points - but the kind of teams we're playing are the ones we've struggled against this season.

Hopefully we come back from the international break ready to smash it, coz top 4 is going down to the wire this season!

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11669 on: March 21, 2017, 11:32:40 am »

They're not winning both either, it's still in our hands but we need to take advantage of our run in.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #11670 on: March 21, 2017, 12:21:51 pm »
:lmao

That's him off Giggs Xmas list then
Jeez, he's a cock of a man! Has the capacity for humility of that of an amoeba.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #11671 on: March 21, 2017, 12:25:15 pm »

Whenever I think of him at United I just see that diving header in the wind against Stoke, played from multiple different angles in my mind.

Can't remember what else he really did to be honest.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #11672 on: March 21, 2017, 12:26:05 pm »
Their run in is very difficult, compounded by the distraction of the Europa League.

The only worry we should have is our own run-in. On paper we should have no worries and it wouldn't be daft to expect to pick up at least 20 more points - but the kind of teams we're playing are the ones we've struggled against this season.

Hopefully we come back from the international break ready to smash it, coz top 4 is going down to the wire this season!
They've got 7 games in April and of those, one is at home to Chelsea and one away to City. Everton usually role over for them so I don't see them as a challenge even for this lot.
Anywa, after that, they still have to face Arsenal.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:29:45 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11673 on: March 21, 2017, 12:37:42 pm »

Not going to happen. The quality of their football has regressed under Maureen and they are heavily dependent on a goalkeeper who is leaving and a guy fast approaching the end of his career. Maureen is also cracking up far faster than he did at either Madrid or Chelsea which has surprised me.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11674 on: March 21, 2017, 01:54:24 pm »
They've got 7 games in April and of those, one is at home to Chelsea and one away to City. Everton usually role over for them so I don't see them as a challenge even for this lot.
Anywa, after that, they still have to face Arsenal.

9 in April...

Reminder of their fixture list after the International break.

01.04. WBA (home)
04.04. Everton (home)
09.04. Sunderland (away)
13.04. Anderlecht (away)
16.04 Chelsea (home)
20.04. Anderlecht (home)
23.04. Burnley (away)
27.04. Man City (away)
30.04. Swansea (home)
04.05. Potential Semi Finals EL
06.05. Arsenal (away)
11.05. Potential Semi Finals EL
13.05. Tottenham (away)
21.05. Crystal Palace (home)

Plus the postponed away game at Southampton to fit in.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11675 on: March 21, 2017, 02:58:44 pm »
9 in April...

Reminder of their fixture list after the International break.

01.04. WBA (home)
04.04. Everton (home)
09.04. Sunderland (away)
13.04. Anderlecht (away)
16.04 Chelsea (home)
20.04. Anderlecht (home)
23.04. Burnley (away)
27.04. Man City (away)
30.04. Swansea (home)
04.05. Potential Semi Finals EL
06.05. Arsenal (away)
11.05. Potential Semi Finals EL
13.05. Tottenham (away)
21.05. Crystal Palace (home)

Plus the postponed away game at Southampton to fit in.

Jones out of the England squad.

Wonder how many games he will miss.

With that many fixtures in the short period. Injuries could mount up.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11676 on: March 21, 2017, 03:48:56 pm »
Jones out of the England squad.

Wonder how many games he will miss.

With that many fixtures in the short period. Injuries could mount up.

I'm gonna guess that he'll be fit as soon as the international break is over.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #11677 on: March 21, 2017, 03:49:34 pm »
Schweiny says goodbye

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39336934

Schweinsteiger, who was signed by the Old Trafford club under former boss Louis van Gaal in July 2015, trained alone or with the Under-23 side at United after Jose Mourinho took over as manager last summer.

He returned to the first-team set-up before a Europa League game against Fenerbahce in November and played his first game for the club this season in an EFL Cup win over West Ham on 30 November.

However, he has made just three further appearances for the club - scoring one goal - with his last outing coming as a substitute against Saint-Etienne in the Europa League on 22 February.

#respect
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #11678 on: March 21, 2017, 04:16:18 pm »
To be fair, he was clearly miles off the pace, overweight and kept heading back to Germany all the time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #11679 on: March 21, 2017, 04:18:27 pm »
To be fair, he was clearly miles off the pace, overweight

Are you confusing him with Rooney?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.