Author Topic: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell  (Read 449753 times)

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell
« Reply #480 on: August 16, 2016, 05:29:53 pm »
I'm sceptical that it's going to be a case of Moreno against certain teams and Milner against others.

I think Klopp is going to have a first choice and whoever that is is going to play the majority of games.  I don't see us chopping and changing at left-back.

I must admit, I do prefer a settled back 4, but if both Milner and Moreno are capable enough (in Klopps eyes) and he has time to train the team to play with either, then I believe it's a possibility.
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #481 on: August 16, 2016, 05:48:58 pm »
I'm sceptical that it's going to be a case of Moreno against certain teams and Milner against others.

I think Klopp is going to have a first choice and whoever that is is going to play the majority of games.  I don't see us chopping and changing at left-back.
I agree, Klopp has said last week we won't be rotating much this season.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #482 on: August 16, 2016, 05:53:22 pm »
Here is a weird answer to your question but..... maybe the problem isn´t what he is doing but the great frequency these things are happening in very dangerous positions. If Klopp wants a risk taker at full back... someone who is going to attack the ball when it is played into our pressing traps, then telling him to be cautious tackling is counter productive. Now maybe Moreno will learn where it is too high a risk to make such tackles and stop as such. But I think at the moment, Klopp is needing to be overly positive with the player, 100%  support, simply because he is getting the opposite from fans and media. He wants Moreno to know that the only opinion that matters on him is 100% behind him. This in turn can make it harder for him to do his job as he is suddenly needing to balance the psychology aspect with the need to punish and reward.

Good example is this. Mané played a blinder. Scored one of the best goals I´ve seen in a while. He will have absolutely no criticism coming at him, except from Klopp. Because this is the time he can do so and know it won´t negatively affect things in the future. So he goes onto the pitch, gets in his face, tells him exactly the problems he had with him. Then hugs him and walks away. Contrast that to how he approaches Moreno after the game - do you think he believes Moreno made fewer mistakes than Mané. Or performed better? And if you think the answer is no, then ask why he is doing what he does then.

Another great post!
Though I'm not certain I agree with your latter sentence, or at least the implication (if I've understood it correctly). I don't think the difference in his post match interaction can be solely attributed to how well they played OR his emotional understanding of their situation and need (the latter seems to be what you're implying). Another possibility can be that a player (Mane in this case) played quite well, but didn't stick to the gameplan that Klopp gave him. And even though Moreno made a mistake and wasn't among our best 3 players on the day, he actually stuck to the gameplan.

Both players seem to have different ceilings, and sometimes it can make sense to be harder on the players with greater potential and quality, if only because maintaining their form is still good (but not great), and only showing their mistakes even after they've played well, will resonate more with them than a complement. But again, this is all conjecture!

Willingness to learn and capacity to learn are two different things. When Klopp first arrived he clearly had a close relationship with Jordan "Ibeee" Ibe and look where he is now. I haven't seen an improvement in the critical elements of Moreno's game in over a season so willing or not some things just aren't sinking in.

Klopp sees more than we do in terms of willingness and capacity so hopefully there are some incremental changes that are going in the right direction, but don't discount Klopp's cold ability to cut the lifeline when he sees that his investment isn't paying off.

I think that's the point many are trying to point out. Klopp doesn't look like the type of managers that plays favourites, simply to make them feel good if even at a detriment to the squad. He'll motivate them, make them feel like they're unstoppable, and if he doesn't see improvements to his likings (or the neccessary dedication and hard work behind the scenes), it seems he has no issues with letting them go. The fact that Ibe is gone, and Moreno is still here, seems to imply that Klopp still sees something in him.

Whereas we tend to focus more on the weaknesses and flaws of our defenders, it's surely likely that Klopp also takes into account the benefits they offer, their potential for growth under his direction, and decides accordingly. It certainly seems like Moreno is here to stay, and has the backing of his manager.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline The Corinth

• Kemlynite
« Reply #483 on: August 16, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »
Great to see people signing up to RAWK just to slate our players.

I was on RAWK when it was good. I don't remember you though.

Were we safely in possession allowing Moreno to move forward, or in muddled possession for a split second 20 yards from our own goal? I can't be bothered to look because I know what the answer is: 1-0 to the Arsenal.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: August 16, 2016, 06:45:51 pm »
Not going to bash him but he ain't good enough for me so we need better. We can't have defenders who switch off and dive in recklessly in equal measure, it's a shame as when he concentrates he's pretty decent.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: August 16, 2016, 06:46:19 pm »
Ok, I've got 'Garbage', 'Brain fart' and 'hyperbole'. I think that's a full house!
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: August 16, 2016, 06:46:45 pm »
I was on RAWK when it was good. I don't remember you though.

Were we safely in possession allowing Moreno to move forward, or in muddled possession for a split second 20 yards from our own goal? I can't be bothered to look because I know what the answer is: 1-0 to the Arsenal.

I prefer your earlier stuff

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #487 on: August 16, 2016, 06:48:39 pm »
The best left back in 10 years?

Moreno hasn't been as good as Enrique.

Can't remember the last quality lb we had, can't be Alan Kennedy can it? But to say Moreno is the best in the last ten years is stretching reality to breaking point.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #488 on: August 16, 2016, 06:49:17 pm »

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: August 16, 2016, 06:57:48 pm »
Can't remember the last quality lb we had, can't be Alan Kennedy can it? But to say Moreno is the best in the last ten years is stretching reality to breaking point.

Aurelio by a mile, injuries aside.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #490 on: August 16, 2016, 07:01:13 pm »
Aurelio by a mile, injuries aside.

Quality yes, hardly played due to his injuries. Other than Aurelio, who else?

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #491 on: August 16, 2016, 07:18:50 pm »
Quality yes, hardly played due to his injuries. Other than Aurelio, who else?

Happily have Riise or Insua ahead of Moreno.
Believe

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #492 on: August 16, 2016, 07:23:44 pm »
The initial motive behind this thread was genuine and the early debate warranted.

However, the witchhunt it has gone on to precipitate is a fucking disgrace and shows RAWK at its most rancid.

The points made by others which I listed in my last post fully represent the fella's often abject weaknesses as well as his undoubted strengths but the determination of so many to continue espousing their mantras offering what they perceive as validity for their opinion that his weaknesses make him unsuitable as a left back for this club is downright fucking vile and pernicious.

Please mods - close the fucking thread.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: August 16, 2016, 07:24:22 pm »
I prefer your earlier stuff

Nice one. :)

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: August 16, 2016, 07:32:47 pm »
The initial motive behind this thread was genuine and the early debate warranted.

However, the witchhunt it has gone on to precipitate is a fucking disgrace and shows RAWK at its most rancid.

The points made by others which I listed in my last post fully represent the fella's often abject weaknesses as well as his undoubted strengths but the determination of so many to continue espousing their mantras offering what they perceive as validity for their opinion that his weaknesses make him unsuitable as a left back for this club is downright fucking vile and pernicious.

This please

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: August 16, 2016, 07:40:55 pm »
Granted.

Will probably reopen at the weekend on the basis of a propensity to positivity :)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #496 on: August 19, 2016, 06:48:19 pm »
Say what you like about the mad bastard on the pitch, but I have to say his interview today is a magnificent response to his critics.

Shows real balls that.

Good luck to him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: August 19, 2016, 06:55:53 pm »
He should respond on the pitch as well.
To be fair, I thought he showed his character with his second half performance. Many players' heads would have gone.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: August 19, 2016, 06:57:57 pm »

Spot on and completely agree with this but man Timbo can you write more concise, less verbose sentences  ;D

He should respond on the pitch as well.
True and not losing his confidence is a good start towards that.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #499 on: August 19, 2016, 07:02:37 pm »
I like his mentality.

He's clearly got self-confidence and the backing of his manager, hopefully that will inspire a consistent run of good form.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #500 on: August 19, 2016, 07:07:38 pm »
After today's PC, I think he'll start tomorrow 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #501 on: August 19, 2016, 07:14:13 pm »
People on social media need to chill on this.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: August 19, 2016, 07:30:22 pm »
People on social media need to chill on this.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: August 19, 2016, 07:42:41 pm »

Spot on,  sick of people slagging him off and calling him names. If a player is letting us down with attitude or level of effort they are fair game, but Moreno gives 110%.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: August 19, 2016, 07:47:46 pm »
Does our team or players need our support when we are 5-0  up or  when we are down or struggling?
Amazing how much more support there is when we are up.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: August 19, 2016, 07:49:29 pm »
It`s almost like people on Twitter and other social media think that the more they repeat their dislike of Moreno, somehow action will take place. That the club will somehow react based on this, buy another left back and throw Moreno to the side. Klopp doesn`t give a fuck what other think in that perspective, so I don`t understand why people continue to do this. It seems like people got to have something to be miserable about. How does that help us? How does it help logging onto Instagram, slagging off a guy and break down the confidence of a player who plays for the team you support? Don`t get that. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 07:52:11 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: August 19, 2016, 07:52:05 pm »
Moreno's biggest problem is his rashness. He needs to calm down, but I never blame him for being up the pitch because he's instructed to do so as soon as the opportunity arises. Klopp wants him to do that and if he loses possession are gets megged or gives away a pen then yes that's on him but when he's out of position it's because other players have gave the ball away.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: August 19, 2016, 07:55:15 pm »
It`s almost like people on Twitter and other social media think that the more they repeat their dislike of Moreno, somehow action will take place. That the club will somehow react based on this, buy another left back and throw Moreno to the side. Klopp doesn`t give a fuck what other think in that perspective, so I don`t understand why people continue to do this. It seems like people got to have something to be miserable about. How does that help us? How does it help logging onto Instagram, slagging off a guy and break down the confidence of a player who plays for the team you support? Don`t get that. 
It's all the commentators talk about now, same happened with Sakho.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #508 on: August 19, 2016, 08:23:17 pm »

I wouldn't, but whatever.
Moreno has blistering pace and regardless what people would have you believe, fantastic ability on the ball.
The problem is he is rash and his positional sense is 'off'. Both of which can be worked on on the training pitch.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:24:54 pm by spider-neil »

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: August 19, 2016, 08:55:10 pm »

That`s insane.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #510 on: August 19, 2016, 09:05:42 pm »
Say what you like about the mad bastard on the pitch, but I have to say his interview today is a magnificent response to his critics.

Shows real balls that.

Good luck to him.
Can someone quote that for me here. I cannot access it. THank you
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #511 on: August 19, 2016, 09:23:04 pm »
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/747079235612/Alberto-Moreno-on-criticism

Talking in Spanish with subs.

If selected I hope he has a great game tomorrow.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #512 on: August 19, 2016, 09:45:34 pm »
Hoping the lad will play a blinder over the weekend and will shut some of you up :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #513 on: August 19, 2016, 09:52:10 pm »
Hoping the lad will play a blinder over the weekend and will shut some of you up :)

I hope he does. But he needs to do it consistently, because after his next mistake the criticism will be brutal.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: August 19, 2016, 09:54:18 pm »
The thread was reopened maintaining its initial title having given people several days to calm down. There's been a lot written and spoken about Moreno which although may not mitigate many fans extreme opinions, some of it should have provided some substance for a more positive discussion while the manager is satisfied to select him.

I'm not sure why people find it necessary to wade in as soon as an opportunity arises. Of course its all in Morenos's hands, he has to win the fans over now because its clear few have time for him. But there'll be another chance for a performance appraisal tomorrow  :wave

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: August 19, 2016, 09:54:21 pm »
I hope he does. But he needs to do it consistently, because after his next mistake the criticism will be brutal.

Thing is, it's already brutal. Post the Arsenal match, it went way into over drive, both from our fans and the wider media. Like you say, he'll have to be unbelievable for the next few months before he gets any credit.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: August 19, 2016, 09:57:03 pm »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #517 on: August 19, 2016, 09:57:17 pm »
Thing is, it's already brutal. Post the Arsenal match, it went way into over drive, both from our fans and the wider media. Like you say, he'll have to be unbelievable for the next few months before he gets any credit.

Post? The half time thread was absolutely horrific. Coutinho had just scored a goal of the season contender away at Arsenal and pretty much every post was slagging off Moreno.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #518 on: August 19, 2016, 09:58:25 pm »

Shows real balls that.

Good luck to him.

I'd say it's more lack of brains. He's just genuinely oblivious to his constant fuck ups and actually thinks everything's fine...

Nah it's all those nasty social media people. Storm in a teacup. He didn't get hooked in one final last season and cost us another. It was those social media lads that cost us all those goals.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:00:05 pm by King Klopp. »
Believe

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #519 on: August 19, 2016, 09:59:22 pm »
He'll get our support tomorrow, its what we do.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family