Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 675906 times)

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #7440 on: August 22, 2021, 09:12:29 am »
The edited highlights for our game was awful.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7441 on: August 22, 2021, 09:36:40 am »
Needs putting out of its misery like an old goat in the back field.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7442 on: August 22, 2021, 10:00:54 am »
I honestly don't understand why any Liverpool fan would watch MOTD?

They have been massively shite since that Manc twat took over the show.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #7443 on: August 22, 2021, 10:06:30 am »

Watched it for the first time in months. It was awful. Anti Klopp and racist bias aside (Salah, Mane), MotD just isn't a very good show anymore. Serves no purpose. If you only want to see highlights, go to YouTube. If you want to listen to learned analysis, go anywhere else.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7444 on: August 22, 2021, 10:47:36 am »
Watched it for the first time in months. It was awful. Anti Klopp and racist bias aside (Salah, Mane), MotD just isn't a very good show anymore. Serves no purpose. If you only want to see highlights, go to YouTube. If you want to listen to learned analysis, go anywhere else.

I'd love it if Klopp refused to give them interviews
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7445 on: August 22, 2021, 10:50:16 am »

I don't watch it, or any football on BBC or Sly, as I've said before, two lads providing commentary in Arabic on a Qarati stream makes as much sense to me as the likes Jenas.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #7446 on: August 22, 2021, 10:57:03 am »
I just record it then watch the footy and fast forward through the shite talk.  Didn't hear a word of it.  You know Jenas is talking shite 'cause you can see his lips moving.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7447 on: August 22, 2021, 11:06:05 am »
This program is an embarrassment these days. Bottom of the barrel punditry and analysis

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7448 on: August 22, 2021, 11:24:07 am »
I just record it then watch the footy and fast forward through the shite talk.  Didn't hear a word of it.  You know Jenas is talking shite 'cause you can see his lips moving.

Exactly what I do.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7449 on: August 22, 2021, 11:45:20 am »
Normal editing of our game again:

Include every single occasion ball is near Liverpool penalty area, even when the move is miles offside.
Edit out half of Liverpool's shots on goal, and most of the shots off target.

If you only watched our MotD highlights, you must think we're the luckiest team in the world. The number of times, in the stats at the end, we've had like 3 to 4 times the possession and chances, and they've shown more of both for the opposition.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7450 on: August 22, 2021, 11:49:50 am »
And what a snide snake Lineker has turned into btw..with his little snarky quips and quick glances at the camera or the goons on the couch....can't fuckin stand the whole chummy and entitled boys club atmosphere of the show when he's the host...the BBC should save themselves his eye-watering salary, let the crisp eating cnut defect permanently to BT and give the main presenter role to Gaby...she can actually make the show watchable when she's hosting..consummate pro and keeps the little schoolboy turd pundits in line...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #7451 on: August 22, 2021, 11:54:09 am »
Wouldn’t you agree, Tarkowski and Mee, got a groovy kind of love?

Tricky, talented players will always be targeted by thuggish defenders. These instructions come directly from their prehistoric English managers. Look at the treatment Phil got before his move to Barca. It might horrify us armchair fans, but it's just another day for Cou and Mee and Allardyce.

Offline A Langheck

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7452 on: August 22, 2021, 12:04:22 pm »
They try to show the highlights of all the games - and it doesn't work; gives you no idea of the true balance of the game. As said earlier, you'd have thought Burnley were a bit unlucky - they weren't.
It won't and can't happen, but they should only show highlights of 2 games, and the goals in the rest of the games. But imagine how unpopular that would be.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7453 on: August 22, 2021, 12:09:42 pm »
They could just show more of the highlights and fuck off linekar, jenas and murphy

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7454 on: August 22, 2021, 12:20:02 pm »
They could just show more of the highlights and fuck off linekar, jenas and murphy
Got to pay for the talent mate. Who would watch the show without them?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7455 on: August 22, 2021, 12:26:34 pm »
No idea why anyone even bothers with this unadulterated shite. It’s the viewing equivalent of self-harm.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #7456 on: August 22, 2021, 12:32:11 pm »
Wilson, like Barnes, just seems to run into people and get away with it all the time.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7457 on: August 22, 2021, 12:34:04 pm »
Wilson, like Barnes, just seems to run into people and get away with it all the time.
Good old fashioned English centre forwards aren't they?, if Johnny Foreigner doesn't like it then they can fuck off back to their own countries.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7458 on: August 22, 2021, 12:44:24 pm »
Tricky, talented players will always be targeted by thuggish defenders. These instructions come directly from their prehistoric English managers. Look at the treatment Phil got before his move to Barca. It might horrify us armchair fans, but it's just another day for Cou and Mee and Allardyce.

I read this all the way to the end, just to see where it was going… good grief!  ;D

I’d say pick up your coat on the way out but it’s warm weather so no jacket required.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7459 on: August 22, 2021, 01:29:38 pm »
I read this all the way to the end, just to see where it was going… good grief!  ;D

I’d say pick up your coat on the way out but it’s warm weather so no jacket required.

yeah, I was sort of pissing myself off while formulating it to be fair  :D

Offline The Test

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7460 on: August 22, 2021, 01:30:57 pm »
I spent a good half hour trawling the internet for footballers called Ewan.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7461 on: August 22, 2021, 01:31:19 pm »

Was how it was done back in the day.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7462 on: August 22, 2021, 01:37:18 pm »

I think they have time limits on the highlights they show. And I know highlights can watched elsewhere but I'd want the BBC to keep them.

Agree about fucking off presenters and so called pundits though, they add absolutely nothing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7463 on: August 22, 2021, 03:01:26 pm »
They didn't see any evidence of wrestling and ridiculed Klopp for it after watching the full game.

Dickheads must have missed this then

https://twitter.com/Biggies_MaIIs/status/1429188189307219984?s=20[/size]

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7464 on: August 22, 2021, 03:02:54 pm »
They didn't see any evidence of wrestling and ridiculed Klopp for it after watching the full game.

Dickheads must have missed this then

https://twitter.com/Biggies_MaIIs/status/1429188189307219984?s=20[/size]

I am still stunned he got no booking for that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7465 on: August 22, 2021, 03:03:21 pm »
Didn't even give away a free kick Jill

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7466 on: August 22, 2021, 03:04:12 pm »

Yet a United player only has to fall over against Soton and a free kick is given.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7467 on: August 22, 2021, 03:13:25 pm »

Where did these Phil Collins puns start?, what was the Genesis of them?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7468 on: August 22, 2021, 03:26:24 pm »
two lads providing commentary in Arabic on a Qarati stream makes as much sense to me as the likes Jenas.
Yep. Qarati kicks MOTD into next week. They should give it the chop
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7469 on: August 22, 2021, 03:28:26 pm »
Lol. That's all, folks!  ;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #7470 on: August 22, 2021, 03:58:08 pm »

I'd love to know what makes Danny so miserable
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #7471 on: August 22, 2021, 04:11:40 pm »
Jenas chatting absolute bollocks about the orcs. Apparently they were only being competitive  when they catapulted heads into Minas Tirith. And Burnley were angels as well.
Followed immediately by Murphy telling us Matip and VVD coped well with the continual assault on them by the Burnley Grocks.

As for Dyche cryarsing about a penalty, no mention of the assault on Jota in the box off the ball, which would have been a yellow card in rugby.

What a load of shite that was
I couldn't even be arsed to watch it live. Might not bother with the recording now. Fucking despise Jenas.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #7472 on: August 22, 2021, 04:31:05 pm »
And what a snide snake Lineker has turned into btw..with his little snarky quips and quick glances at the camera or the goons on the couch....can't fuckin stand the whole chummy and entitled boys club atmosphere of the show when he's the host...the BBC should save themselves his eye-watering salary, let the crisp eating cnut defect permanently to BT and give the main presenter role to Gaby...she can actually make the show watchable when she's hosting..consummate pro and keeps the little schoolboy turd pundits in line...

What always makes me laugh is when the crisp sniffer pretends to have some sort of status with Everton. They hated him when he was there and worse since he used them as a stepping stone to Barcelona.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7473 on: August 22, 2021, 04:43:07 pm »

Pretty sure he did, very belatedly. Unless there was another one straight after (highly probable), but we did end up with a free kick. But no booking was ridiculous.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #7474 on: August 22, 2021, 06:30:14 pm »
How does BBC justify Jug Ears huge wages? truly baffling

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7475 on: August 22, 2021, 07:30:18 pm »
How does BBC justify Jug Ears huge wages? truly baffling

Their rationale is market forces and that to attract the best you have to pay best .....conveniently ignoring the fact that one of the BBC janitors could introduce MOTD and viewing figures would change not one jot...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #7476 on: August 22, 2021, 08:47:25 pm »
Would be interesting to see if the give Solskjaer the same "moaner" treatment tonight after what he said today about the refs turning football into rugby.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #7477 on: August 22, 2021, 08:48:41 pm »
Would be interesting to see if the give Solskjaer the same "moaner" treatment tonight after what he said today about the refs turning football into rugby.

Indeed, let's see if the tune has changed tonight (otherwise no reason for watching)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #7478 on: August 22, 2021, 08:51:48 pm »
Last night after Jurgen spoke about the challenges by Burnley, Spud and Jenas just laughed it off and said they didn’t see any dangerous tackles.

Jenas said afterwards;

"We need the big characters like Klopp to get behind it - but he obviously felt today was too physical a game for his two centre-halves and that's his opinion."

Which is stupid as a majority of the rough treatment wasn’t aimed at our centr-halves so no wonder they didn’t see anything.

But it’ll be interesting to see how they deal with it tonight after Solskjaer made the same complaint.

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7479 on: August 22, 2021, 09:26:18 pm »
United's players didn't get anywhere near the treatment our lads had dished out to them.  Would be quite interesting if the physical side of the game suddenly becomes an issue in the minds of the pundits.

Is Ole basing his claim on the one occasion that dear old Bruno dallied on the ball and invited the challenge, or were there others that I missed?
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!