Author Topic: Watford  (Read 57897 times)

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
Re: Watford
« Reply #480 on: January 25, 2022, 11:50:15 pm »
I think it took this forum about 3 years to get over how much ye hated Hodgson. certainly warmer towards him now

Shocked that you, and English fans in general, didn't realize what an absolute fraud he is after the 2014 World Cup. What was it, worst England national team finish in
64 plus years?
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #481 on: January 25, 2022, 11:56:22 pm »
Shocked that you, and English fans in general, didn't realize what an absolute fraud he is after the 2014 World Cup. What was it, worst England national team finish in
64 plus years?

Technically we were worse in 94, 78 and 74 when we didn’t qualify.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #482 on: January 26, 2022, 01:15:39 am »
Technically we were worse in 94, 78 and 74 when we didn’t qualify.
Not really apples to apples back then was it though? Wasn't it much harder to qualify before they expanded the field? Those teams, unlike Roy,  didn't have the likes of Moldova, Montenegro, San Marino, etc to qualify?
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #483 on: January 26, 2022, 09:58:29 am »
Are Watford going down? What do you reckon?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #484 on: January 26, 2022, 10:07:03 am »
Not really apples to apples back then was it though? Wasn't it much harder to qualify before they expanded the field? Those teams, unlike Roy,  didn't have the likes of Moldova, Montenegro, San Marino, etc to qualify?

True. It was certainly England’s earliest exit at a World Cup (out after 2 matches!).

Hard to know who will go down. Actually think Burnley are in trouble given their small squad and fixture pile up. All the others have shown signs of life. Everton and Brentford I think could still get sucked into trouble if results go against them. Think Leeds will be ok.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: January 26, 2022, 01:00:56 pm »
A reluctant, well actually a fervent 'Good Luck Roy' from me.

Get them points, get them above Newcastle, force Newcastle's relegation. That's the 2nd most important thing to emerge from this season behind Liverpool's success.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #486 on: January 26, 2022, 02:10:57 pm »
A reluctant, well actually a fervent 'Good Luck Roy' from me.

Get them points, get them above Newcastle, force Newcastle's relegation. That's the 2nd most important thing to emerge from this season behind Liverpool's success.

The only one I care about going down is Everton. Newcastle would be a bonus but I don't think it really matters either way because if they don't go down now we'll never see the back of them anyway, if they do there's no chance they stay down there for long.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: January 26, 2022, 02:25:16 pm »
Woeford

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #488 on: January 26, 2022, 02:40:53 pm »
have they officially changed their badge to say WTF yet?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: January 31, 2022, 10:34:34 am »
The Premier League teams queueing up to beat on Watford.

https://twitter.com/TrollFootball/status/1486094392486404101
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #490 on: April 2, 2022, 12:19:44 pm »

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #491 on: April 2, 2022, 01:46:47 pm »

Shocking that. Those are pretty high level jobs that they’re expecting lowly slaves to do. I’d imagine the people doing those jobs at the Top 10 clubs are on at least 50 grand a year. Minimum.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2022, 01:48:52 pm by Morgana »

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #492 on: April 2, 2022, 03:06:37 pm »
Shocking that. Those are pretty high level jobs that they’re expecting lowly slaves to do. I’d imagine the people doing those jobs at the Top 10 clubs are on at least 50 grand a year. Minimum.
Horrendous. Two of those roles literally require degrees to do at almost every other pro club in the top two divisions.

Salary wise you're probably looking at £60k at the bottom end and upwards of £250k for department heads in analyst roles.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #493 on: April 2, 2022, 03:10:50 pm »
Horrendous. Two of those roles literally require degrees to do at almost every other pro club in the top two divisions.

Salary wise you're probably looking at £60k at the bottom end and upwards of £250k for department heads in analyst roles.
Crickey. With all my degrees I am grossly underpaid!  ::)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: April 2, 2022, 03:11:05 pm »

They'll still have paid staff in these roles, the interns will just be to help them. Pretty much every club outside of the PL does it and a fair few in the PL will too.

It stinks but it's not just a Watford thing. Unfortunately there are an ever growing number of people graduating from university that want to work in these fields and will grab the chance to get the experience, hoping for something at the end of it. All they'll get though is a thank you, and new interns will be secured.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: April 2, 2022, 03:24:49 pm »
They'll still have paid staff in these roles, the interns will just be to help them. Pretty much every club outside of the PL does it and a fair few in the PL will too.

It stinks but it's not just a Watford thing. Unfortunately there are an ever growing number of people graduating from university that want to work in these fields and will grab the chance to get the experience, hoping for something at the end of it. All they'll get though is a thank you, and new interns will be secured.

The main issue with unpaid internships is that they perpetuate privilege and inequality. Unpaid interns will be drain from a comfortable, if not wealthy, background. It’s a shite state of affairs, Tommy.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: April 2, 2022, 03:31:31 pm »
The main issue with unpaid internships is that they perpetuate privilege and inequality. Unpaid interns will be drain from a comfortable, if not wealthy, background. It’s a shite state of affairs, Tommy.

Not really. People taking these internships will be recent graduates that will want to work in the industry but that can currently only do so by working unpaid for several years. They'll likely be living at home with their parents, or will be renting whilst sill working part time in a supermarket or wherever.

Take the analyst role as an example. Every year there will be thousands of graduates who want to become an analyst at a football club, but they'll all be met with only two types of job adverts - 1 for an unpaid internship, or 1 for a paid role that is asking for 3+ years experience. So at that point they either need to take an unpaid role, continue in education for no real benefit, or work in a different industry rendering their degree pretty much irrelevant and a waste of money.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #497 on: April 2, 2022, 03:33:29 pm »
Odd to see a team from Watford thinking they’re good at playing like peak Atletico, constant shithousery and faking injury after every tackle
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #498 on: April 2, 2022, 03:39:36 pm »
The main issue with unpaid internships is that they perpetuate privilege and inequality. Unpaid interns will be drain from a comfortable, if not wealthy, background.

Yep. It's absolutely wrong.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: April 2, 2022, 03:45:34 pm »
Not really. People taking these internships will be recent graduates that will want to work in the industry but that can currently only do so by working unpaid for several years. They'll likely be living at home with their parents, or will be renting whilst sill working part time in a supermarket or wherever.

Take the analyst role as an example. Every year there will be thousands of graduates who want to become an analyst at a football club, but they'll all be met with only two types of job adverts - 1 for an unpaid internship, or 1 for a paid role that is asking for 3+ years experience. So at that point they either need to take an unpaid role, continue in education for no real benefit, or work in a different industry rendering their degree pretty much irrelevant and a waste of money.
Whilst there's not a lot that is wrong in this post, I disagree with the stance that these sort of internships are fair and equitable. It's massively narrowing down the amount of people who could take that type of job - wealthy family's Child A could be far worse as an analyst than single parent Child B. B's brighter, more suited, performed better in education but can't even apply because their parent can't pay for their flat while they're in Watford for three years.

It just creates further opportunity for people from wealthier and more privileged socio-economic backgrounds and reinforces class structures. Watford are getting a service, just like all these massive companies who use unpaid internships. It has the knock on effect of deterring the able and the qualified away from their wanted industries and areas of expertise because they didn't win the birth lottery and pop out of a wealthier hole.

The point is people shouldn't need to take an unpaid role when they have the qualifications and the company is getting a service from them.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: April 2, 2022, 03:51:18 pm »
Whilst there's not a lot that is wrong in this post, I disagree with the stance that these sort of internships are fair and equitable. It's massively narrowing down the amount of people who could take that type of job - wealthy family's Child A could be far worse as an analyst than single parent Child B. B's brighter, more suited, performed better in education but can't even apply because their parent can't pay for their flat while they're in Watford for three years.

It just creates further opportunity for people from wealthier and more privileged socio-economic backgrounds and reinforces class structures. Watford are getting a service, just like all these massive companies who use unpaid internships. It has the knock on effect of deterring the able and the qualified away from their wanted industries and areas of expertise because they didn't win the birth lottery and pop out of a wealthier hole.

The point is people shouldn't need to take an unpaid role when they have the qualifications and the company is getting a service from them.

That is absolutely not my stance. Not in any way, shape or form. I've literally said that unpaid roles like this stink - it's incredibly wrong and is taking advantage of people.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: April 2, 2022, 03:57:32 pm »
That is absolutely not my stance. Not in any way, shape or form. I've literally said that unpaid roles like this stink - it's incredibly wrong and is taking advantage of people.
I'm not having a go at you and I'm glad you think that way, I just don't understand what the 'not really' part of your post is referring to in the post you highlighted, it seemed on the face of it to be dismissing the state of internships such as that.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: April 2, 2022, 04:07:41 pm »
I'm not having a go at you and I'm glad you think that way, I just don't understand what the 'not really' part of your post is referring to in the post you highlighted, it seemed on the face of it to be dismissing the state of internships such as that.

I've been involved in this sort of thing and I'd say the majority of people taking up the internships are from a working class, or at best middle-class background. People absolutely desperate to work in football and that are willing to work alongside their internship so that they can afford to live, or that do a masters at the same time so they can continue to get loans/grants. Then they just get thrown to the curb after 12 months and replaced by others.

I'm not doubting that there will be people who simply can't apply for the position because of their circumstances, but I don't think that means that those who do apply do so because they're affluent.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #503 on: April 2, 2022, 05:41:25 pm »
My company pays its interns

We aren't as rich as Watford.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #504 on: April 3, 2022, 12:31:18 am »
I must say Watford are now mid table stuff.

Roy’s not done too bad

I’d be concerned about them now over Burnley if I was an Everton fan
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #505 on: April 3, 2022, 12:46:15 am »

Roy’s not done too bad

They have probably left it too late but they look quite solid now which, to be fair, is Hodgson's strength. He can make a pig's ear from a silk purse but he can also make pork scratchings from a pig's ear.

Unfortunately they have some stinking games left but their next three home games are Leeds, Brentford and Burnley so they will be playing their part. I thought Brentford would be the one to get sucked in but Eriksen has revitalised them. It's down to Everton and Burnley now excepting those games above may either bring Watford clear or suck Leeds back in.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: April 3, 2022, 01:58:20 am »

You can Paid Interns. They have Bills to pay also. Most ppl dont have a family to pay for food, rent, in another city. Also Watford has more then enough money to pay them also.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: April 3, 2022, 08:18:16 am »

Roy’s not done too bad

The Owl certainly knows how to organize his team. If they improve their home form over the coming weeks, they can easilly stay up, with Everton and Burnley going down ...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: April 3, 2022, 08:35:17 am »
Could do with these getting something from City - they likely won't, but they will at least give them a game.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #509 on: April 3, 2022, 08:41:45 am »
Could do with these getting something from City - they likely won't, but they will at least give them a game.
If they show up and graft like they did in the first 25 minutes yesterday (but take their chances) they can definitely steal a point off City.  It's these unexpected teams, especially when they're fighting for something,  that usually topple City.

The Owl certainly knows how to organize his team. If they improve their home form over the coming weeks, they can easilly stay up, with Everton and Burnley going down ...
Burnley absolutely deserve it.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #510 on: April 3, 2022, 09:22:56 am »

Roy’s not done too bad

They've been ok away but lost 8 on the spin at home. He's done  a reasonable job but more than that and it would be Everton in the bottom 3.

His points to game not been good enough yet to get them out of it. They were 2 points from safety when he took over.

If he did keep them up at Everton's expense then his face can dawn flags on the Kop with our managerial greats.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2022, 09:26:45 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #511 on: April 3, 2022, 09:25:46 am »

they will be 2 down in the first 15 minutes

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #512 on: April 3, 2022, 09:27:30 am »

The one team with a worse record against them than Burnley.

05 Jan 2013   Manchester City v Watford   W   3-0   FA Cup
25 Jan 2014   Manchester City v Watford   W   4-2   FA Cup
29 Aug 2015   Manchester City v Watford   W   2-0   Premier League
02 Jan 2016   Watford v Manchester City   W   1-2   Premier League
14 Dec 2016   Manchester City v Watford   W   2-0   Premier League
21 May 2017   Watford v Manchester City   W   0-5   Premier League
16 Sep 2017   Watford v Manchester City   W   0-6   Premier League
02 Jan 2018   Manchester City v Watford   W   3-1   Premier League
04 Dec 2018   Watford v Manchester City   W   1-2   Premier League
09 Mar 2019   Manchester City v Watford   W   3-1   Premier League
18 May 2019   Manchester City v Watford   W   6-0   FA Cup
21 Sep 2019   Manchester City v Watford   W   8-0   Premier League
21 Jul 2020   Watford v Manchester City   W   0-4   Premier League
04 Dec 2021   Watford v Manchester City   W   1-3   Premier League
« Last Edit: April 3, 2022, 09:36:55 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #513 on: April 3, 2022, 10:48:47 am »
Yeah I think the only chance they’d have would be almost literally putting nine men in the 18 yard box and leaving Sarr on his own and hope he can beat their whole team for a goal and then chance the nine to ten
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #514 on: April 3, 2022, 12:47:40 pm »

And the only people who can afford these jobs are those with money behind them. Gets you a better class of slave.
This is what has happened in journalism. All the Giles and Cressidas, Cassandra’s and Ruperts, unable to cope in the real world have been bankrolled in unpaid internships by Mater and Pater, in “journalism”. One only has to look at some of the shite articles that “columnists” in the Telegraph and the Times churn out. There was a piece last Autumn about how journalism is now the profession with the most privileged background. Journalists now tend to come from wealthy, privately educated  backgrounds. More so than the law or medicine.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: April 3, 2022, 12:50:07 pm »
And the only people who can afford these jobs are those with money behind them. Gets you a better class of slave.
This is what has happened in journalism. All the Giles and Cressidas, Cassandra’s and Ruperts, unable to cope in the real world have been bankrolled in unpaid internships by Mater and Pater, in “journalism”. One only has to look at some of the shite articles that “columnists” in the Telegraph and the Times churn out. There was a piece last Autumn about how journalism is now the profession with the most privileged background. Journalists now tend to come from wealthy, privately educated  backgrounds. More so than the law or medicine.

Same with theatre. You can't be working class and work as an assistant director for nothing.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #516 on: April 3, 2022, 01:26:33 pm »
Same with theatre. You can't be working class and work as an assistant director for nothing.

Times where when the upper classes used to sent their spare children into politics the church or the army, now they are spreading their dullard offspring into well paid jobs where their lack of intelligence is masked.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #517 on: April 4, 2022, 05:11:11 pm »
Times where when the upper classes used to sent their spare children into politics the church or the army, now they are spreading their dullard offspring into well paid jobs where their lack of intelligence is masked.
Think it's as bit more considered and cynical than that. Journalism shapes the thoughts of the nation. The privileged classes have had enough of any old oik having a direct line into the nation's thoughts. They're cornering it for themselves again.

Er, back on topic: go Watford! Produce a great escape like your manager produces pellets
« Last Edit: April 6, 2022, 04:34:50 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: April 6, 2022, 03:45:43 pm »

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #519 on: April 6, 2022, 03:49:57 pm »
moves well for his age
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light