Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2025757 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #14000 on: February 13, 2022, 04:08:58 pm »
He was very poor today. Lost it many times.

:lmao

Jurgen sees him as integral to our attack because he tries things. He's not supposed to be like Virgil and 95% pass rate.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14001 on: February 13, 2022, 04:09:02 pm »

Love him but he is the elephant in the room now. Everytime he plays, his link up play is poor and the amount of time he lose the ball is alarming. The way he plays now, is like getting a legend who have retired to play a match for us.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #14002 on: February 13, 2022, 04:10:12 pm »

Jurgen sees him as integral to our attack because he tries things. He's not supposed to be like Virgil and 95% pass rate.

What are you laughing at? He was poor.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14003 on: February 13, 2022, 04:10:22 pm »

Love him but he is the elephant in the room now. Everytime he plays, his link up play is poor and the amount of time he lose the ball is alarming. The way he plays now, is like getting a legend who have retired to play a match for us.
;D

Never any in-between or nuance for you guys is there?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14004 on: February 13, 2022, 04:10:29 pm »
Thought he was poor today. Hope he brings Jota in for Inter and Norwich.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #14005 on: February 13, 2022, 04:12:36 pm »

As were other players today.

Conditions were awful today against a team that’s hard to play against and who actually have an OK defensive record. We got a win and a clean sheet!!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #14006 on: February 13, 2022, 04:13:04 pm »

Losing possession trying a through ball or cross is one thing, but he’s not even completing simple passes.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14007 on: February 13, 2022, 04:13:39 pm »

Any other players you want to slag off after our win? Donut :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14008 on: February 13, 2022, 04:15:02 pm »
Thought he was poor today. Hope he brings Jota in for Inter and Norwich.
I don't think Bobby was poor. He tried to unlock the defense and kept them confused at the back. He was the better option for this game.Inter is another story though, Jota's game might be more suitable..
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14009 on: February 13, 2022, 04:15:06 pm »
I enjoyed Firmino's performance today. Not his best, but I saw the positives. Took up some very good positions that pulled the Burnley players all over the place, and his buildup play was overall very decent. His final ball did let him down on quite a few occasions though, which led to some frustrating moments.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14010 on: February 13, 2022, 04:15:40 pm »
  ;D

Never any in-between or nuance for you guys is there?
He hasn't been great for a while and rightfully lost his place to Jota. He almost cost us a goal by losing the ball in extra time.

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #14011 on: February 13, 2022, 04:23:40 pm »
Love the guy to bits but how he stayed on for 90mins beggars belief. He stank the place out.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14012 on: February 13, 2022, 04:24:46 pm »
Love the guy to bits but how he stayed on for 90mins beggars belief. He stank the place out.
This is not the Spurs thread, mate, you posted in the wrong place.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14013 on: February 13, 2022, 04:28:40 pm »
What are you laughing at? He was poor.

Laughing at the usual suspect coming in to post because Bobby gave a few passes away.

Never taking in the conditions. None of the lads had great passing numbers. Hendo gave the ball away for their first attack that Ali made the save on. The ball was in the air all the time.

There are those in the prematch threads always taking Bobby out of the lineup. Obviously Jurgen sees every damn thing Bobby does. Has all the analysis breakdowns after the match. And Jurgen still picks Bobby. Is it possible Jurgen may just know a bit more than those who watch on the telly? Apparently not.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14014 on: February 13, 2022, 04:35:10 pm »
Awful today, kept giving the ball away and offered little to no threat in attack. The frequency of these performances is getting more and more - his days of being a first choice attacker are looking increasingly numbered

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #14015 on: February 13, 2022, 04:40:23 pm »
This is not the Spurs thread, mate, you posted in the wrong place.

What?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14016 on: February 13, 2022, 04:54:17 pm »
He hasn't been great for a while and rightfully lost his place to Jota. He almost cost us a goal by losing the ball in extra time.
Has he "lost his place" to Jota? Or does Klopp finally have the luxury of rotating his attacking players and is using that facility to the full?

Only Klopp knows the truth of that, so you'll excuse me if I don't believe you, and all the others, who relentlessly invent your/their own negative scenarios and then propound them.

I notice that another of your write-offs also got 90 mins today. Not a great track record of calling it, have you?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14017 on: February 13, 2022, 05:11:17 pm »
Man City...if you listen to the pundits, they're not as good because they don't have a recognized striker.
Played 25 -- scored 61 goals.

Liverpool.. whigners constantly take Bobby out of the team, we should have a goal scorer as the #9, and post he's poor.
Played 24 -- scored 61 goals.

And let's give it to Chelsea with their recognized #9 in Lukaku leading their line and their abundance of riches in the attacking area. Played 24 -- scored 48.

We're obviously worse off with Bobby in the team leading the line.  :lmao

It is like some sort of disconnect between some and what we are doing. It's like when Rafa was in charge and we had all that nonsense about Zonal Marking. All led by pundits on tv who droned on about Man v Man marking is how to go.  Now it's pundits ( and a few ex-players who only remember their day) banging on about a true #9 in the middle. And we get the same in here. Bobby doesn't score enough goals, misplaces passes, is poor, and on and on. Yet, the team succeeds. 2 losses in our last 49. But never good enough for the pedant micro managers.

Glad Jurgen is in charge and does things his way.  :scarf

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14018 on: February 13, 2022, 05:15:40 pm »
Thought he kept the ball well under pressure many many times - but then just wasn't able to do much otherwise.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #14019 on: February 13, 2022, 05:17:43 pm »
Love him.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14020 on: February 13, 2022, 05:42:09 pm »
Has he "lost his place" to Jota? Or does Klopp finally have the luxury of rotating his attacking players and is using that facility to the full?

Only Klopp knows the truth of that, so you'll excuse me if I don't believe you, and all the others, who relentlessly invent your/their own negative scenarios and then propound them.

I notice that another of your write-offs also got 90 mins today. Not a great track record of calling it, have you?
Lol.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14021 on: February 13, 2022, 05:44:10 pm »
Stank the place out? Dreary me!

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14022 on: February 13, 2022, 05:45:38 pm »
He was alright, nothing noteworthy certainly no complaints here, everybody has a quiet game or two.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14023 on: February 13, 2022, 05:47:22 pm »
Is it possible Jurgen may just know a bit more than those who watch on the telly?
heretic!

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14024 on: February 13, 2022, 05:50:42 pm »
He was alright, nothing noteworthy certainly no complaints here, everybody has a quiet game or two.

Exactly. He was alright, that's the point. Nobody said he was great today either, but there are some absolute shockers in this page, just like a few in the Naby thread as well.

I don't think any player had a poor game - some subdued maybe, but poor, nah.. We played plenty of slick passing moves, the final ball didn't come through that often and they picked us off with their runners on to second balls and winning in the air, but most of them were offside anyway, barring one or two chances where we needed Alisson. I thought it was a decent win and Bobby's hold up play was important in game management in the second half.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14025 on: February 13, 2022, 06:02:35 pm »
What?
You posted about "stinking the place out". Got to be the Spurs thread, not Bobby's.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #14026 on: February 13, 2022, 06:43:11 pm »
So good at creating space for himself, and clearly has the vision for the pass. It's understandable why some see his future as a midfielder.
It's just his passing isn't as tight as the rest of his game. Or rather, it's not as consistent.
On another day, he might have gotten an assist or so, with an hockey assist to boot. On this day, he gave away possession far too often and Burnley's best (offside)chances were usually the direct consequence.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #14027 on: February 13, 2022, 06:45:14 pm »
Love the man but I think with the signings of Jota and Diaz we're definitely preparing for life with Firmino being less present in the side than before. A future impact sub perhaps? And that's completely normal, he's been here since 2015 and it's now 2022.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14028 on: February 14, 2022, 06:44:36 am »
Love the man but I think with the signings of Jota and Diaz we're definitely preparing for life with Firmino being less present in the side than before. A future impact sub perhaps? And that's completely normal, he's been here since 2015 and it's now 2022.
Yea he brillant but Getting Jota and possible Carvalho it seems they are planning for Life with Firmino being less present in the side. He did his job today. Not sure he starting on Wed after starting last 2 games playing 60 then 90 but it good to not just rely on 3 players. He is very important in games where Liverpool wants to dominate Zone 14. I think he will start vs Chelsea in the League cup final to man mark Jorginho.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14029 on: February 14, 2022, 07:37:50 am »
Happy enough for him to stay around as he's clearly a massive part of the dressing room, it's not like he is first choice anymore, it is quite clear that our new front 3 is Mane-Jota-Salah with Firmino 4th choice, and looking at the way he's playing that'll soon be 5th choice.

If he is happy with that then its not the worst 5th choice is it.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14030 on: February 14, 2022, 08:12:14 am »
5 more years
Nah.

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14031 on: February 14, 2022, 09:06:08 am »
I find that he seems to have lost that little bit of pace/acceleration that allows him to get away from defenders. He's still got a great touch and control, and when he has the ball at his feet, I am not worried he's going to lose the ball - he seems to lose the ball most when he's trying to dribble away from opponents and then lacks the pace to get away. The vision, the physicality, the technique, they are all still there, but he's just a tad slower than he used to be. Hoping he regains that little bit of pace because I love him and think he still has a role to play even at his age.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14032 on: February 14, 2022, 11:44:49 am »
He's had a few poor games recently for sure, mainly just due to giving the ball away under no real pressure. One issue we've had in recent seasons is the need to play players through their rough patches because we just don't have anyone else to come in for them, now we have the luxury of rotating and allowing other players to be "first choice" for a little while. It's something City have done to great effect, being able to bring the likes of Mahrez in and take Sterling out for a spell, albeit due to operating without any financial restrictions.

Hopefully with Salah and Mane back we can properly rotate our forwards now and give them the rest they need to play at 100%.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14033 on: February 14, 2022, 12:01:18 pm »
He's still doing the Bobby things to a high level; dropping off into space to help knit attacks, pressing like a madman from the front, keeping the ball under pressure, challenging oafish defenders, etc.  That stuff is his bread and butter.

But he's always been an erratic finisher and passer, and that was the issue against Burnley.  And I think the real discussion point is the fact that Mane, Salah and Jota's numbers don't dip when Firmino isn't in the team, so he's just not as crucial as he once was.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14034 on: February 16, 2022, 09:38:15 pm »
Well in Bobby!

One for the armchair managers that

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
« Reply #14035 on: February 16, 2022, 09:48:55 pm »
His work rate tonight has been astounding  8)
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #14036 on: February 16, 2022, 09:51:26 pm »
His work rate tonight has been astounding  8)
Rubbish man. Check the posts on this page - he's off to the knackers he is

/s

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14037 on: February 16, 2022, 09:52:30 pm »
Rubbish man. Check the posts on this page - he's off to the knackers he is

/s
You'd hope there'd be one or two feeling a bit abashed, but I doubt it

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #14038 on: February 16, 2022, 09:55:07 pm »
He was so poor … and then pulled off the header of the season - mad bastard

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14039 on: February 16, 2022, 09:55:30 pm »
My word, what a header that was.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.