Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 778541 times)

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #9520 on: January 15, 2021, 09:50:03 PM »
He runs the show Sunday. His standards have been a bit off this last few weeks. He’s well rested now and will completely dominate their shit show of a midfield.

We need him to turn up if we’re to win. I do think he will, he tends to for these games.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9521 on: January 15, 2021, 09:58:40 PM »
We need him to turn up if we’re to win. I do think he will, he tends to for these games.
I agree and I think he will. Arguably not been himself since the Spurs game, after a decent rest he’ll be fired up and ready.

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty.....pretty pretty good
« Reply #9522 on: January 16, 2021, 08:55:27 AM »
Got to respect Yorky and his Henderson posts. It’s very much like Al and FSG, a very odd agenda, but just a lot more eloquent and more discrete.
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • Believer
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9523 on: January 17, 2021, 08:32:15 PM »
Decent game from Hendo today considering the circumstances. Helped greatly by Fabinho, who's been an excellent CB. But I've been thinking, if we do buy a proper CB who suits our style to the tee, is is better to bring back Hendo or Fab in midfield? I'd probably like to see Fabinho-Thiago partnership that would be both creative and solid and will protect the CBs and Hando can fill in there until VVD / Gomez comes back. Matip would be a first choice, of course, be he won't be available for many games.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Believer
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #9524 on: January 17, 2021, 08:35:33 PM »
Henderson, we’re badly missing midfielders breaking in beyond the forwards, one of the many reasons our forward play is looking so blunt and obvious.
AHA!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • Believer
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9525 on: January 17, 2021, 08:41:51 PM »
Henderson, we’re badly missing midfielders breaking in beyond the forwards, one of the many reasons our forward play is looking so blunt and obvious.
But having Fab as a DM will give Thiago that option and he is far better than Hendo opening up defenses.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming.
  • Kopite
« Reply #9526 on: January 17, 2021, 08:43:48 PM »
Did a phenomenal job today.

Offline ElDuderino

• Main Stander
« Reply #9527 on: January 17, 2021, 09:12:29 PM »
He was fantastic today, bettered only by Fabinho imo. Can't help but think they're the best footballers we have (without mentioning thiago who hasn't played enough) and realise how much we're missing from our game not having them in midfield.

A question for someone who knows defending a lot more than me, if matip was fit, would we be better playing him and nat/rhys, let hendo and fabinho back to midfield, or would fabinho stay at the back?

Online Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory"......
  • Believer
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9528 on: January 17, 2021, 10:05:39 PM »
A question for someone who knows defending a lot more than me, if matip was fit, would we be better playing him and nat/rhys, let hendo and fabinho back to midfield, or would fabinho stay at the back?
Fab will stay as centre-back until Virgil returns. It's his role for this season now, like that season where Milner was a left back.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 10:37:32 PM by Ghost Town »
“Giving absolutely everything doesn't mean you get anything... but it’s the only chance to get something!”

"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline ElDuderino

• Main Stander
« Reply #9529 on: January 17, 2021, 10:26:39 PM »
Yeah, probably true. Gotta be excited for next year's midfield, though he's been so good is he even a midfielder anymore?

Honestly just desperate to see fab, hendo, thiago as I'm sure we all are

Offline Philanthropist

• Kemlynite
« Reply #9530 on: January 18, 2021, 12:00:37 AM »
To play out of position and look comfortable for the most part is credit to our skipper.

Well done Jordan, you weren't the problem.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 96
« Reply #9531 on: January 19, 2021, 03:45:04 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/55717046

Hendo talking about becoming the Champion for NHS Charities.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline William Regal

• Main Stander
« Reply #9532 on: Today at 04:05:58 PM »
yet another in a long line of games where we don't win when henderson isn't playing centre mid, we must be talking about a 30 percent win ratio difference when Henderson does and doesn't start in midfield