Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 510216 times)

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dejan Lovren
« Reply #4440 on: July 27, 2020, 01:44:35 pm »
He gave us some great performances (Kiev comes to mind) and some great memories (THAT header). All the best Degsy!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4441 on: July 27, 2020, 01:45:20 pm »
Best of luck Degsy.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #4442 on: July 27, 2020, 01:47:40 pm »
I hope Mo is ok. A friend moving to another country is a shitty thing to deal with.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #4443 on: July 27, 2020, 01:53:30 pm »
Best of luck at your new club and thank you for the memories.
Will never forget the goal v Dortmund :)
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4444 on: July 27, 2020, 01:56:34 pm »
Really nice to see players leaving (him and Lallana) and the last real images are them celebrating with the PL trophy. What a way to go out.

Happened last season with Sturridge, Mignolet and Moreno as well. Already mentioned it somewhere, it's stunning how many excellent players left the club without winning anything, or with just a cup medal to their name, Torres, Suarez, Lucas, Reina, Kuyt, Coutinho, Sterling, Mascherano, none of them won as much here as they should've, and quite a few of them departed in bad terms. To see players leave because they feel their time here is over and to have such fantastic memories at the end is lovely.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4445 on: July 27, 2020, 01:56:57 pm »
Good luck. He's often taken a lot of backlash from our fans but has never really moaned or anything so I can only respect that, as much as I dislike his political views.
YNWA.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4446 on: July 27, 2020, 01:57:01 pm »
Just wonder what has happened with Clyne, once was very well loved in the team, now seems like something behind the scenes has caused a rift with Klopp or the squad, never gets mentioned.

He was released at the end of June when his contract expired.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4447 on: July 27, 2020, 02:04:20 pm »
He was released at the end of June when his contract expired.

Wow, we are really moving away from Southampton. Three ex Saints leaving us. I hope we don't release VVD and Mane as well.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4448 on: July 27, 2020, 02:07:48 pm »
You leave us a winner, Dejan.  Thanks for the memories and good luck. :)

Sidebar: Ł11m?  That's a great piece of work for an injury prone 31 year old. Hope to see that reinvested in new contracts for our youngsters.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4449 on: July 27, 2020, 02:11:39 pm »
Wonder what the plan is to replace him.

He’s started a fair bit in last two seasons.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4450 on: July 27, 2020, 02:12:51 pm »

From Lovren's instagram account - https://www.instagram.com/p/CDJYIeSFHib:-

'The game of football is everything to me and I have tried throughout my tenure at LFC to be the best I can. Playing for this amazing club was a privilege, it comes with responsibility. Wearing the badge was an honour. The last six years have been a crazy ride. We have been through it all, our relationship has been evolving and was a source of intense feelings… In the end, optimism, desire, togetherness and honest hard-work have brought us to the heights of domestic and European Football, moments none of us will ever forget. Before I first walked through the doors of Melwood I promised myself I would give all I have to ensure that one day I could look back and have the satisfaction of knowing I have given everything to the club that opened its doors to me. Today it is my turn to say goodbye to Liverpool FC. Although I am no longer a team member, I don’t look at this as an end to our relationship. We have written history together and our memories will last forever.

None of this would have happened without the collective force that makes this club what it is. So, I want to thank everybody, in particular; My teammates who were always incredible competition on the training ground and amazing support off the training ground, I will always be here for you. The Boss, Mr Klopp, who was the man that installed an unbreakable belief in me and the team – I thank you for your guidance and inspiration. The training staff who have made us the savages we are. The staff behind the scenes that make the club tick – Our home would not be what it is without you, I thank you for everything you did for me and the team over the years, you know who you are. The fans – There has been a lot of love and criticism, and I respect each and every one of you, rest assured all I ever wanted to do is Win, and Win we did! The City of Liverpool – Thank you for having me and my family. You will always have a special place in our hearts.

What else can I say.. I will miss the spirit of the club, the city, the people. I will see you around my friends, and I wish you all the best.

YNWA @liverpoolfc'

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4451 on: July 27, 2020, 02:14:20 pm »
I will never understand fans that feast upon a player's mistakes or ability especially where that player is giving his all. That is all we as fans have ever asked for.
For all his shortcomings, like Llalana, the one characteristic fans tend to overlook is the leadership quality both Lovren and Llalana brought to to the team and squad. We have an abundance of that in our squad and this, in my opinion, is one of several factors that separates us from the rest. Just look at the clubs around us and you will quickly see how few leaders there are. This is why Henderson's award is truly deserving even if under appreciated or misunderstood. Kevin du Bruyne, for all of his ability on the ball (and he really is a brilliant when on form), he tends to pack it in when things aren't going the team's way. You just have to watch his body language and grumblings- hence City losing so many games this season. Who are the real leaders in Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal??

Lovren was part of the squad that made history. Good luck to him.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #4452 on: July 27, 2020, 02:15:16 pm »
Will always remember the goal he scored against Dortmund very very fondly. I went mental when that happened. Fucking glorious.

I'm very grateful for that and I hope he does well at Russia.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4453 on: July 27, 2020, 02:16:07 pm »
Good luck to him - he'll be remembered as a player with constant highs and lows throughout his time at LFC, but I always felt once he got a run in the side he was a bit steadier than credited for. This season and back-end of 17/18 examples of that.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4454 on: July 27, 2020, 02:16:34 pm »
All the best Dejan in your new adventure, you leave a Champion. You always did your best while playing here and I will miss your and Mo's little gems.  :wave
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4455 on: July 27, 2020, 02:17:41 pm »

'The game of football is everything to me and I have tried throughout my tenure at LFC to be the best I can. Playing for this amazing club was a privilege, it comes with responsibility. Wearing the badge was an honour. The last six years have been a crazy ride. We have been through it all, our relationship has been evolving and was a source of intense feelings… In the end, optimism, desire, togetherness and honest hard-work have brought us to the heights of domestic and European Football, moments none of us will ever forget. Before I first walked through the doors of Melwood I promised myself I would give all I have to ensure that one day I could look back and have the satisfaction of knowing I have given everything to the club that opened its doors to me. Today it is my turn to say goodbye to Liverpool FC. Although I am no longer a team member, I don’t look at this as an end to our relationship. We have written history together and our memories will last forever.

None of this would have happened without the collective force that makes this club what it is. So, I want to thank everybody, in particular; My teammates who were always incredible competition on the training ground and amazing support off the training ground, I will always be here for you. The Boss, Mr Klopp, who was the man that installed an unbreakable belief in me and the team – I thank you for your guidance and inspiration. The training staff who have made us the savages we are. The staff behind the scenes that make the club tick – Our home would not be what it is without you, I thank you for everything you did for me and the team over the years, you know who you are. The fans – There has been a lot of love and criticism, and I respect each and every one of you, rest assured all I ever wanted to do is Win, and Win we did! The City of Liverpool – Thank you for having me and my family. You will always have a special place in our hearts.

What else can I say.. I will miss the spirit of the club, the city, the people. I will see you around my friends, and I wish you all the best.

YNWA @liverpoolfc'

Well in Degsy.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4456 on: July 27, 2020, 02:34:36 pm »

YNWA @liverpoolfc'

Wonderfully said there from Dejan.

He really did give his all and played a big part in some of the very best moments of this great club’s history. He will forever be a part of the team that won the 6th European cup and finally brought home the championship. He’s entwined in the legend of this club for that.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4457 on: July 27, 2020, 02:37:11 pm »
Great statement by him.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4458 on: July 27, 2020, 02:49:48 pm »
Mo also sent him a great message as well.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #4459 on: July 27, 2020, 02:52:21 pm »
Good luck Degsy. Always 100% commitment and clearly a good lad to have in the dressing room.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #4460 on: July 27, 2020, 02:53:26 pm »
All the best in the future Dejan. He's a warrior and a terrific players and deserves the success he achieved

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4461 on: July 27, 2020, 03:06:20 pm »
loved this fella and was infuriated by this fella...good luck to him

he won't be forgotten !
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4462 on: July 27, 2020, 03:13:24 pm »

Clearly the words of someone with a totally overinflated opinion of himself.  :lmao

Good luck for the future, Degsy!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4463 on: July 27, 2020, 03:16:13 pm »

YNWA @liverpoolfc'

That's lovely. And that video message from Mo as well, I'll miss their bromance. :'(

All the messages on his insta from the other lads show how popular he was too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
:D

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4465 on: July 27, 2020, 03:34:15 pm »
All the best :wave
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4466 on: July 27, 2020, 03:34:26 pm »
I've witnessed players, indeed legends like Joey Jones and Ronnie Whelan, criticised for their supposed lack of Liverpool standard ability at points in their careers, but I've never seen the heightened criticism that Dejan Lovren has received from Liverpool followers for many years.

Every footballer makes a mistake in most games, when the strikers best efforts fail completely they're never condemned as a liability. When Dejan made a mistake it was always replayed, reenacted, rebuked and ridiculed. Matip, Gomez and Van Dijk have all made mistakes throughout this wonderful season, indeed Gomez and Van Dijk each made terrible mistakes today. Errors which would have brought heaps of negativity against Dejan.

Dejan Lovren was a cracking servant to Liverpool Football Club, he was involved in more successful campaigns or close achievements to success than other past players that are revered. To name those players would derail the thread.

His injury record was questioned to an extent that hadn't been applied to other past-players to the same degree.

All I can say is thank you Dejan, not just for the goal against Dortmand but for the determination and dedication you gave to my club. I never felt you let me down mate. Good luck.

The above says it best. Personally I always liked The Big Dog despite (at times) wanting to cannon him into
The Mersey. I liked him as a battler on the field and also for not being afraid to speak out off the field. As many have said his stand out moment is probably that "goal" against Dortmund which was so important for the development of "mentality monsters".
Lovely to see Mo's send off and delighted he walks away a World, European and English champion. Not bad at all Degsy.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4467 on: July 27, 2020, 03:39:02 pm »
Good price. Good luck Dejan

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4469 on: July 27, 2020, 03:43:19 pm »
I will never understand fans that feast upon a player's mistakes or ability especially where that player is giving his all. That is all we as fans have ever asked for.
For all his shortcomings, like Llalana, the one characteristic fans tend to overlook is the leadership quality both Lovren and Llalana brought to to the team and squad. We have an abundance of that in our squad and this, in my opinion, is one of several factors that separates us from the rest. Just look at the clubs around us and you will quickly see how few leaders there are. This is why Henderson's award is truly deserving even if under appreciated or misunderstood. Kevin du Bruyne, for all of his ability on the ball (and he really is a brilliant when on form), he tends to pack it in when things aren't going the team's way. You just have to watch his body language and grumblings- hence City losing so many games this season. Who are the real leaders in Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal??

Lovren was part of the squad that made history. Good luck to him.
I have always liked him and felt in he put in 100%. His mistakes were always because he was trying too hard rather than a lack of effort.

Always felt he was a great defender who sometimes had lapses which shadowed the rest of the great defending he did.

His goal against Dortmund was one of my favorite Kop memories and the celebrations it led to. Don't worry about a thing, because every little thing is gunna be alright.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4470 on: July 27, 2020, 03:45:01 pm »
Leaves a PL and CL champion. Good luck to him

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #4471 on: July 27, 2020, 03:50:36 pm »
That goal against Dortmund, will never forget it, talk about the fucking roof going off the place. Haters are gonna hate, but they're not the ones with the medals around their neck. Zenit is a perfect move, he'll do well there. Thanks big fella :scarf

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4472 on: July 27, 2020, 04:29:25 pm »
Good money for him, good luck to him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4473 on: July 27, 2020, 04:30:29 pm »
Leaves a PL and CL champion. Good luck to him

World Champion, as well?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4474 on: July 27, 2020, 04:43:49 pm »
World Champion, as well?

He missed Qatar through injury didn't he, does he get a medal anyway?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4475 on: July 27, 2020, 04:52:32 pm »
I love it that on the title celebration videos you can hear him 'singing' YNWA way before the camera pans down to where he is.  You can see a few of the players were holding back a bit - I remember being the same when I first joined in many, many years ago - but Lovren was belting it out like a seasoned Kopite!

I don't think he's the sort of defender Klopp would have signed and at times he looked a square peg in a round hole.  His commitment was never in question though and he didn't seem to be making a big fuss, certainly not publicly, about being fourth choice for most of this season.

Unless van den Bergh or Nathaniel Phillips have kicked on then I'd be nervous about starting a new season with only VVD, Gomez and Matip.  That's probably one for a different thread though!

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #4476 on: July 27, 2020, 04:55:02 pm »
That goal against Dortmund, will never forget it, talk about the fucking roof going off the place. Haters are gonna hate, but they're not the ones with the medals around their neck. Zenit is a perfect move, he'll do well there. Thanks big fella :scarf
Was awesome. I still come out in goosebumps seeing that unfold and the way he (and we!) went fucking mental afterwards. Amazing memory. Was a big fan of Lovren and defended him a lot to others as he got pelters unfairly in a lot of instances.

Good luck Degsy lad.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4477 on: July 27, 2020, 04:57:24 pm »
Scored important and beautiful goals for us, can only wish him the very best.

Do we need to sign a new bessie for Mo or can someone in the squad fill in?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4478 on: July 27, 2020, 05:03:23 pm »
Good luck Dejan. Goal against Dortmund won't be forgotten. Caused me to argue with a neighbour. 😁

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #4479 on: July 27, 2020, 05:11:04 pm »
All the best