Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 511750 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dejan Lovren
« Reply #4360 on: July 25, 2020, 10:12:19 pm »
I've said this before, I would love him at the club in the future in the backroom staff. The guy has a great attitude and brilliant with the other players.

He's been a top player for us  until the last year or so, I don't know if teams have worked him out or its injuries and confidence.
I wish him all the best he's seems a top bloke but he's definately 4th choice now, will never forget that Dortmund goal though.

He wouldn't last 5 minutes on rawk,first mention of Icke and he'd be gone  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #4361 on: July 25, 2020, 10:18:17 pm »
I've said this before, I would love him at the club in the future in the backroom staff. The guy has a great attitude and brilliant with the other players.

He's been a top player for us  until the last year or so, I don't know if teams have worked him out or its injuries and confidence.
I wish him all the best he's seems a top bloke but he's definitely 4th choice now, will never forget that Dortmund goal though.

Totally agree with this. He's clearly well liked in the dressing room (even after some mistakes) and he has served us well over the years. Lovren has had some spells where he has been fantastic and rightfully in the starting line up.

We all know the standard at Liverpool is getting stronger and stronger and being consistently at the top of your game is now what's needed to make the first 11 week-in week-out. Lovren hasn't been able to do that but that is compliment to where this team is going.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4362 on: July 25, 2020, 10:23:26 pm »
At least Carra never made mistakes
[/quote

I know you are joking he was a good defender for us and his CL final performance was incredible but I just think at times he sides up with the pundit too much probably to keep his job.

Online Tuco Ramírez

• Main Stander
« Reply #4363 on: July 25, 2020, 10:44:01 pm »
Lovren, played his part in where we are today...
3 genuine  title  challenges
2 Champions league  Finals
Europa league  Final
League Cup Final
World Club Final

Not a bad 6 years, from the World Cup Finalist...  :D

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4364 on: July 26, 2020, 10:36:42 am »
While he's been much maligned at times often unfairly you have say he's been fairly successful signing overall. 
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #4365 on: July 26, 2020, 10:49:43 am »
I think too much was expected of him. He joined a backline of Moreno, Johnson and Skrtel with an ageing Steven Gerrard anchoring. Not a lot of cover was given to him and he was expected to be pretty much Van Dijk. He improved Klopp joined alongside Matip, who is probably our best CB signing between Hyypia and VVD and at times during the later stages of the previous season looked like our 2nd best defender. He isn't perfect but he got his qualities and he was important in our CL and PL wins. It's the right time for everyone to call it a day and I hope he will be successful in the future.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4366 on: July 26, 2020, 11:30:51 am »
While he's been much maligned at times often unfairly you have say he's been fairly successful signing overall.

He’s been a massively successful signing
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4367 on: July 26, 2020, 11:48:39 am »
Always liked him, his attitude is/was always positive and he was clearly liked by his fellow team mates.
I think he will be missed and certainly by Mo.
I hope the move works out well for him and will keep an eye on his career.

And that goal is etched in my memory.

Thanks for your service Dejan and welcome back anytime.

YNWA

Offline Red Impact

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4368 on: July 26, 2020, 01:48:05 pm »
A heap more positives then negatives during his stay ... and a serial finalist/winner!!
Certain moments in time are often extremely powerful and that’s exactly what his goal against Dortmund was for LFC’s push to the future at the time. Thank you/Hvala Dejan 😎👊🏼 for your contribution, YNWA prijatelju.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4369 on: July 26, 2020, 02:08:20 pm »
If I was to argue he was the best performing centre back at the last world cup, who would the alternatives be in the discussion?

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4370 on: July 26, 2020, 02:11:46 pm »
If I was to argue he was the best performing centre back at the last world cup, who would the alternatives be in the discussion?

Think we'd have to go with Varane!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4371 on: July 26, 2020, 02:14:53 pm »

Think we'd have to go with Varane!

Strong case, too!

Trying to think if there's any other contenders. It was a great period of form for Lovren.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #4372 on: July 26, 2020, 02:25:36 pm »
He was one of the positions we could improve on, but if we're not buying anyone it's odd moving him on. In isolation this transfer weakens us, so I don't understand it. 
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4373 on: July 26, 2020, 02:31:37 pm »
He was one of the positions we could improve on, but if we're not buying anyone it's odd moving him on. In isolation this transfer weakens us, so I don't understand it.

I presume its as simple as the lad wants to play every week.
He has behaved very well and is a big part of the dressing room but he doesn't want to spend his time on the bench.

Fair play to him.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4374 on: July 26, 2020, 02:31:57 pm »

It's not odd if you include the human element, he want's to play and Klopp has always obliged with any player who wanted to play regularly. He convinced him to stay one more year last summer as it is.

It's the same reason lallana is going, the same reason Lucas left, the same reason Ings left,etc..

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4375 on: July 26, 2020, 02:37:37 pm »

The window opens tomorrow, it's very possible we will sign another defender.

Or give one of our youngsters an opportunity to make the step up.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4376 on: July 26, 2020, 03:26:56 pm »

Do you really think improving on our 4th choice centre back (which would cost a lot of money) is a transfer we should be prioritising right now? Can't say I relate!

Klopp himself has set out pretty clearly many times, including this week, that he doesn't believe in stockpiling squad player

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #4377 on: July 26, 2020, 03:43:48 pm »
The window opens tomorrow, it's very possible we will sign another defender.

Or give one of our youngsters an opportunity to make the step up.
Phillips? Unlikely but anyway.

I always liked Lovren. For a moment there he was one of the best in the world. His passion was something I admired. Good luck to him.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #4378 on: July 26, 2020, 05:10:43 pm »
Do you really think improving on our 4th choice centre back (which would cost a lot of money) is a transfer we should be prioritising right now? Can't say I relate!

No I don't - not at all. Hence I find it out we're selling him. Because now we'll have only three CBs ready for the first team and I think we need 4, particularly as Matip gets injured
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4379 on: July 26, 2020, 06:54:07 pm »
Never liked the flak he's got from supporters over the years. Always gave his all, cares about the club and the team. The mistakes he's made (and he has made them) have often been from being over-passionate or taking on too much responsibility. I can't criticise a player for being honest and giving himself fully to the cause. It's also easy to forget he has put in some imperious performances for us when we most needed him to. Best of luck Lovren, you will be missed!
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4380 on: July 26, 2020, 09:37:21 pm »
I've witnessed players, indeed legends like Joey Jones and Ronnie Whelan, criticised for their supposed lack of Liverpool standard ability at points in their careers, but I've never seen the heightened criticism that Dejan Lovren has received from Liverpool followers for many years.

Every footballer makes a mistake in most games, when the strikers best efforts fail completely they're never condemned as a liability. When Dejan made a mistake it was always replayed, reenacted, rebuked and ridiculed. Matip, Gomez and Van Dijk have all made mistakes throughout this wonderful season, indeed Gomez and Van Dijk each made terrible mistakes today. Errors which would have brought heaps of negativity against Dejan.

Dejan Lovren was a cracking servant to Liverpool Football Club, he was involved in more successful campaigns or close achievements to success than other past players that are revered. To name those players would derail the thread.

His injury record was questioned to an extent that hadn't been applied to other past-players to the same degree.

All I can say is thank you Dejan, not just for the goal against Dortmand but for the determination and dedication you gave to my club. I never felt you let me down mate. Good luck.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4381 on: July 26, 2020, 10:25:52 pm »
I've witnessed players, indeed legends like Joey Jones and Ronnie Whelan, criticised for their supposed lack of Liverpool standard ability at points in their careers, but I've never seen the heightened criticism that Dejan Lovren has received from Liverpool followers for many years.

Every footballer makes a mistake in most games, when the strikers best efforts fail completely they're never condemned as a liability. When Dejan made a mistake it was always replayed, reenacted, rebuked and ridiculed. Matip, Gomez and Van Dijk have all made mistakes throughout this wonderful season, indeed Gomez and Van Dijk each made terrible mistakes today. Errors which would have brought heaps of negativity against Dejan.

Dejan Lovren was a cracking servant to Liverpool Football Club, he was involved in more successful campaigns or close achievements to success than other past players that are revered. To name those players would derail the thread.

His injury record was questioned to an extent that hadn't been applied to other past-players to the same degree.

All I can say is thank you Dejan, not just for the goal against Dortmand but for the determination and dedication you gave to my club. I never felt you let me down mate. Good luck.

Personally I think it is a cultural issue. Scousers are down to earth and humble. Liverpool Football Clubs ethos has been a reflection of those values. We have always been understated and have downplayed our achievements and gave opponents nothing to feed on.

Lovren doesn't really fit with that and it grates. He has a massively overinflated perception of himself. Tell everyone how great you are and there are bound to be repercussions when you fail to live up to those standards. It is just the way we are, if you are to full of yourself then you will get brought down a peg or two. That isn't a football thing it is just the way it is.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4382 on: July 26, 2020, 10:42:06 pm »
Personally I think it is a cultural issue. Scousers are down to earth and humble. Liverpool Football Clubs ethos has been a reflection of those values. We have always been understated and have downplayed our achievements and gave opponents nothing to feed on.

Lovren doesn't really fit with that and it grates. He has a massively overinflated perception of himself. Tell everyone how great you are and there are bound to be repercussions when you fail to live up to those standards. It is just the way we are, if you are to full of yourself then you will get brought down a peg or two. That isn't a football thing it is just the way it is.

So Lovren was wrong to be confident?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4383 on: July 26, 2020, 10:57:15 pm »

Lovren made the comment about being a top level player about 4 or 5 years into his time here! No chance you can retroactively pretend that confidence had anything to do with the way he was targeted by dickheads among our fanbase since his first season.

If anything, that 'inflated perception' was just in direct response to those cowards acting like dicks when he was in the team (during a summer when he'd just been one of our best players in the CL final and one of the best defensive performers at the World Cup)

Fair to say these same people crossover with the ones who did this to Lucas and Henderson. Only those were shoved down their throats, so had to post-fact rationalise by acting as if they were right to be dicks to them initially.

PS if that's your view on scousers and football, I fear you are gonna hate Curtis Jones's confidence and self belief.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4384 on: July 26, 2020, 11:08:53 pm »
Lovren made the comment about being a top level player about 4 or 5 years into his time here! No chance you can retroactively pretend that confidence had anything to do with the way he was targeted by dickheads among our fanbase since his first season.

If anything, that 'inflated perception' was just in direct response to those cowards acting like dicks when he was in the team (during a summer when he'd just been one of our best players in the CL final and one of the best defensive performers at the World Cup)

Fair to say these same people crossover with the ones who did this to Lucas and Henderson. Only those were shoved down their throats, so had to post-fact rationalise by acting as if they were right to be dicks to them initially.

PS if that's your view on scousers and football, I fear you are gonna hate Curtis Jones's confidence and self belief.

that Steven Gerrard was a shrinking violet too.

And yes, I know Gerrard backed it up, but he was always a right cocky sod, even when he first broke through, loved that though about him  ;D

Not quite getting Al’s take on this. Seems like excuse making.

Dejan Lovren did like to come out with some stuff, that was what he is like.  And yes, I think it was compensating a lot of the time, when things where going well, he’d shove it back down the throats of the dickheads who loved to give him crap.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4385 on: July 26, 2020, 11:09:31 pm »
Footballers playing at a top level are confident in their own abilities, particularly those playing regularly for a top club. If they weren't, they wouldn't be in said position.

Al hijacking the thread in 3,2.1...

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4386 on: July 26, 2020, 11:11:17 pm »

I didn't mention the comments at all. I was talking about how he made silly mistakes because he massively overestimated his own ability. I was talking about the way he plays, his perception that he can win every ball. I was talking about his propensity to crumble after the first mistake and end up in a tailspin. 

Anyone abusing a player at the match or on social media is a moron.

There is a huge difference between having a confidence in your own ability and calling out greats on social media.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4387 on: July 26, 2020, 11:13:58 pm »
that Steven Gerrard was a shrinking violet too.

And yes, I know Gerrard backed it up, but he was always a right cocky sod, even when he first broke through, loved that though about him  ;D

Not quite getting Al’s take on this. Seems like excuse making.

Dejan Lovren did like to come out with some stuff, that was what he is like.  And yes, I think it was compensating a lot of the time, when things where going well, he’d shove it back down the throats of the dickheads who loved to give him crap.

Read Stevie's autobiography he comes across as being shy and having confidence issues.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4388 on: July 26, 2020, 11:19:06 pm »

Good post [emoji106]
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4389 on: July 26, 2020, 11:21:18 pm »
Read Stevie's autobiography he comes across as being shy and having confidence issues.

Yup he was massively shy on the pitch.  ;D

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4390 on: July 26, 2020, 11:27:09 pm »

What about Fowler?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4391 on: July 26, 2020, 11:27:21 pm »

Good post John, how I see it as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4392 on: July 26, 2020, 11:30:54 pm »

Did he do a self-confidence assessment before writing, do you think?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4393 on: July 26, 2020, 11:40:58 pm »
Did he do a self-confidence assessment before writing, do you think?

So Lovren was wrong to be confident?

Was he confident before he hit the pass? Did he do a self-confidence assessment?

Maybe he will be confident afters...

Lack of confidence must be trumpeted, though...

Oh dear. Keep digging.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4394 on: July 26, 2020, 11:42:32 pm »
Al couldn't you just have said " I wish him well" for fuck sakes?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4395 on: July 26, 2020, 11:43:51 pm »
Oh dear. Keep digging.

Indeed Al.... :duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4396 on: July 26, 2020, 11:49:10 pm »

Something like this Samie mate ?

No one could question his commitment. Good luck in the future Dejan.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4397 on: July 26, 2020, 11:50:09 pm »
Of course but you still went on to hijack the thread as per usual.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4398 on: July 27, 2020, 12:00:32 am »
Something like this Samie mate ?
:D

Yes and left it at that mate.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4399 on: July 27, 2020, 12:34:52 am »

Of course he couldn't, this is Al were talking about
I am a man of few words.....any questions?