Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 511734 times)

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dejan Lovren
« Reply #4320 on: July 24, 2020, 03:06:56 pm »
by far the best 4th choice centre back in the league.

Still better than the first choice at many clubs - including Arsenal, Chelsea and United.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4321 on: July 24, 2020, 03:11:17 pm »
By all accounts, he's a great guy to have in the locker room. Salah will definitely miss him. Good luck to him in Russia

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4322 on: July 24, 2020, 03:39:54 pm »
Highs and Lo's with Lovren and my personal fave is that Dortmund winner.

Leaves with a shed load of medals and I'm personally made up for him. All the best at Zenit lad.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #4323 on: July 24, 2020, 03:43:08 pm »
Most certainly will need replacing in the squad and that won’t be easy given he’s by far the best 4th choice centre back in the league.

Surely you mean "by far the 4th best centre back in the league"? ;)

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #4324 on: July 24, 2020, 03:48:50 pm »
Surely you mean "by far the 4th best centre back in the league"? ;)
By far one of the best centre backs in the world.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4325 on: July 24, 2020, 03:51:00 pm »
Honestly some of the little sly digs at the man still. What the fuck are some people expecting that everyone on the planet who plays for us is Virgil? That our squad/back-up defenders are all supposed to be Virgil clones happy to sit on the bench? That non of our other defenders ever make howlers and are perfect? Shit like that just gets under my skin.

Players like Dejan not only provide back up to our defence but are the type of characters who will lift a dressing room or players when needed and don't shy away from anything. He will leave a massive hole and I know the vast majority of fans all will remember him with nothing but how much he dedicated himself to the club and all the hard fought performances he provided us. Will be hugely missed and at only 31 I'm sad to see him go so soon but he obviously feels he wants another challenge so fair play to him and good luck.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4326 on: July 24, 2020, 03:52:05 pm »
Farewell sweet prince...

I loved Degsy... wore his heart on his sleeve.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #4327 on: July 24, 2020, 03:56:17 pm »
I'll miss him, for sure he wasn't our best player but he seems to be a character in the dressing room that everyone gets on with, sometimes that's quite important so others feel settled too.

Either way, he played his part in our success for sure, so I wish him nothing but the best, hope he does well with Zenit!

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #4328 on: July 24, 2020, 04:17:35 pm »
It’s €8.5m plus possible bonuses apparently. Better than him leaving on a free, I guess!

At least organising this sale has given Mickey Edwards something to do to stop him getting bored, since we seem to have stopped buying players 2 years ago  :-X (I’m joking, before people start having a go)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #4329 on: July 24, 2020, 04:26:33 pm »
Farewell sweet prince...

Totally agree. Always totally committed and showed huge grit throughout his time here. Seems like a well liked teammate as well.

Good player no matter what anyone says.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4330 on: July 24, 2020, 04:33:37 pm »
It’s €8.5m plus possible bonuses apparently. Better than him leaving on a free, I guess!

At least organising this sale has given Mickey Edwards something to do to stop him getting bored, since we seem to have stopped buying players 2 years ago  :-X (I’m joking, before people start having a go)

So €11 mill then as reported  ;D 

Pretty sure Liverpool aren’t selling players with non attainable bonuses. 

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4331 on: July 24, 2020, 04:34:39 pm »
All the best, Dejan! Been part of the best side in the world. Nobody can take that away from you.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #4332 on: July 24, 2020, 04:48:45 pm »
Good luck Big Dog. Thanks for THAT goal. Wish you nothing but the best.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4333 on: July 24, 2020, 04:54:28 pm »
Good luck Big Dog. Thanks for THAT goal. Wish you nothing but the best.

Newcastle last Boxing Day?

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4334 on: July 24, 2020, 06:55:00 pm »
Farewell sweet prince...

Bingo. I'll miss him.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4335 on: July 24, 2020, 07:26:42 pm »
Don't think he was in the training pics today.

He could be in Russia with love

Offline Paranoid Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #4336 on: July 24, 2020, 07:30:05 pm »
Always loved this one of him after the late derby win (one of them ;D), emerging out of the smoke to bestow blessings. Good luck Degsy, we'll miss you.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4337 on: July 24, 2020, 07:32:48 pm »
Good luck Dejan. Nobody will forget that goal vs Dortmund mate.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #4338 on: July 24, 2020, 07:47:34 pm »
Dejan Lovren.... An absolute wild card of a player. On days, he could be unbeatable, but he always had those few games where he could be absolutely diabolical. Regardless, he contributed massively and never lacked in talent. Love him for everything he did for us. 6 immense years and well rewarded at the ended. Hope he collects several more medals at Zenit.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #4339 on: July 24, 2020, 07:49:21 pm »
Good luck Dejan. Nobody will forget that goal vs Dortmund mate.

Well said. I was there so I certainly won't.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4340 on: July 24, 2020, 09:38:05 pm »
No one could question his commitment. Good luck in the future Dejan.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #4341 on: July 24, 2020, 11:18:08 pm »
All the best to Lovren.

As Klopp would put it, he left as European and Premier League Champion.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4342 on: July 25, 2020, 01:03:08 am »
Sorry to see him leave but you can't blame him for seeking out more playing time at this stage of his career. Have to say, I always rated him as a defender, and he looked superb once he was alongside a centre back of the calibre of VVD. His distribution was always terrific for a centre back too, a part of his game that was always underrated. And how many players reach the final of the Champions League and the World Cup in the same year?

He and Lallana will both be genuine losses to the dressing room and I hope they both go on to take the leadership positions they deserve at their new clubs. Nothing but good luck to both.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4343 on: July 25, 2020, 01:22:12 am »
I’m going to miss him. He’s a great guy, incredibly eloquent, humble and intelligent.

He had his struggles - too brash and impulsive at times which was his main failing but his obvious talent ensured he had great games for us. Technically, he was a superb defender. If he’d been a bit more consistent he’d have made a great partner to VVD.

He’s earned his success too - 6 years as a Liverpool player, seen the highs and the lows but ended it on a perfect note.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 01:31:04 am by mattD »

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4344 on: July 25, 2020, 01:46:27 am »
Always loved this one of him after the late derby win (one of them ;D), emerging out of the smoke to bestow blessings. Good luck Degsy, we'll miss you.

Fantastic picture, that. Would probably rather have him around as he's a bloody good fourth choice centre half and had some great periods with us, but also had some proper dodgy performances admittedly. Never understood the hate/nervousness he got from some sections though, always seemed a bit OTT/media-engendered to me.

Best of luck to him, fully understand him going somewhere he'll be first choice.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4345 on: July 25, 2020, 02:02:23 am »

Emre: I told you not to say his name 3 times!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 02:18:38 am by Boaty McBoatface »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4346 on: July 25, 2020, 03:56:02 am »
Oh and thanks for this:

Yes! - good luck big man

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #4347 on: July 25, 2020, 06:07:53 am »
For anyone who has yet to see this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKzP_9_xFs0

Well worth 22 minutes of anyone's time.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Peyres

• Kopite
« Reply #4348 on: July 25, 2020, 12:03:29 pm »
Lovren was a quality defender, so much so that it speaks volumes of our strength there at the moment. There were times where he would bully strikers and was unbeatable in the air. Reminds me of Skrtel in that regard. And then other games where he would make two major mistakes in a game and you're sat there thinking what the actual, Dejan....

Good business. Who replaces him though?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4349 on: July 25, 2020, 12:05:57 pm »
Good business. Cheers for the goal against Dortmund Dejan, went mental when that went in. Won't miss the heart attacks at the back though  ;D

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4350 on: July 25, 2020, 01:11:45 pm »
I thought he was a top defender for us and often copped criticism a little unfairly at times. He made a few high profile errors but people frequently overlooked some of his really top notch performances. It was also clear that he has been a big positive influence in the dressing room. Don't forget that he's a vastly experienced defender who's played at the very highest level of the game. European champion, Premier League champion, World Club champion and very nearly world Champion (was one of the best players in the final IMHO). In more recent times, the likes of Matip and Gomez have really stood up and progressed and Dejan has taken a more peripheral role in the squad. When he's been called upon infrequently, he's actually played pretty well this season. We will miss his experience. It will be interesting to see who becomes our 4th choice, they have big shoes to fill.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4351 on: July 25, 2020, 01:28:04 pm »
I thought he was a top defender for us and often copped criticism a little unfairly at times. He made a few high profile errors but people frequently overlooked some of his really top notch performances. It was also clear that he has been a big positive influence in the dressing room. Don't forget that he's a vastly experienced defender who's played at the very highest level of the game. European champion, Premier League champion, World Club champion and very nearly world Champion (was one of the best players in the final IMHO). In more recent times, the likes of Matip and Gomez have really stood up and progressed and Dejan has taken a more peripheral role in the squad. When he's been called upon infrequently, he's actually played pretty well this season. We will miss his experience. It will be interesting to see who becomes our 4th choice, they have big shoes to fill.

Yeah,a very good aggressive defender who divided opinion from very early on,seems some just decided they don't like him and that went on throughout his Liverpool career,Henderson and Lucas had similar divides in opinion at times as well.

All the best to Dejan if he leaves now,always seemed to care and never hid on the pitch.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4352 on: July 25, 2020, 02:28:50 pm »
For anyone who has yet to see this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKzP_9_xFs0

Well worth 22 minutes of anyone's time.

Thanks for that just watched it and just shows you never know the life some people have lived.

Yes he is very wealthy now but he has had to overcome lots of things to get there.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4353 on: July 25, 2020, 06:20:21 pm »

Good luck to him, played his part in getting us back to the top and always gave 100%

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4354 on: July 25, 2020, 06:34:17 pm »
God luck to him, he deserves to go out as a champion. Yes he had his dodgy moments but people forget that compared to the likes of Piechnik, Babb, Kvame he was like Baresi and Nesta rolled into one!

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4355 on: July 25, 2020, 08:57:07 pm »
God luck to him, he deserves to go out as a champion. Yes he had his dodgy moments but people forget that compared to the likes of Piechnik, Babb, Kvame he was like Baresi and Nesta rolled into one!

Agreed he has played his part.

Listening to Carragher on a few games he pissed me off as an ex pro putting the boot in on him not needed he cant be that bad to get to 2 CL and World Cup final in 2 years.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4356 on: July 25, 2020, 09:46:34 pm »
Agreed he has played his part.

Listening to Carragher on a few games he pissed me off as an ex pro putting the boot in on him not needed he cant be that bad to get to 2 CL and World Cup final in 2 years.

At least Carra never made mistakes
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4357 on: July 25, 2020, 09:53:59 pm »
Never saw Carra put one into his own net, never did.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #4358 on: July 25, 2020, 09:59:17 pm »
Never saw Carra put one into his own net, never did.

Certainly not in big games, like cup finals or v Man Utd. ;)

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4359 on: July 25, 2020, 10:06:30 pm »
I've said this before, I would love him at the club in the future in the backroom staff. The guy has a great attitude and brilliant with the other players.

He's been a top player for us  until the last year or so, I don't know if teams have worked him out or its injuries and confidence.
I wish him all the best he's seems a top bloke but he's definately 4th choice now, will never forget that Dortmund goal though.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 10:08:29 pm by lgvkarlos »