Author Topic: The media, earthworms, and a bit of a self-indulgent rant  (Read 31452 times)

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The media, earthworms, and a bit of a self-indulgent rant
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2015, 08:11:22 pm »
How about after a poor result you gave yourself a little cool off period and time to calm down before posting?

Why? If we lose a game by not performing I'll vent. If we lose because the manger makes obvious mistakes I'll vent. If we continue to make the same mistakes then I'll get angry.if I didn't get angry I just wouldn't care full stop.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2015, 08:14:57 pm »
My issue and negativity stems from the club making the same mistakes year in year out. By managers who get too clever for their own good, Houllier did it, even rafa suffered from it. And now Rodgers is doing the same. He wasn't like that when he joined so why is he different now? For me last season went to his head.

The old mantra of football being a simple game still sticks. But let's not get into this again we have to wait and see now.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2015, 08:22:05 pm »
pathetic feeble lily livered excuses
Lovely expression that, had to look it up: "The first known use of lily-livered was in 1605. From the medieval belief that the liver was the seat of courage, and the pale color of the lily flower. A person who had no blood in their liver would have no courage and would thus be a coward."
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2015, 08:31:55 pm »
If I didn't get angry I just wouldn't care full stop.

Do you think any of us are happy with what happened last season? No, none of us are. It's just some of choose not to whinge and bitch and cry about the same thing nearly every day in pretty much every thread we go in.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2015, 08:51:24 pm »
Sadly, the main forum isn't a particularly pleasant place to be right now. I get being pissed off - God knows I enjoyed a whinge or two (or three) last season - and I get people being pissed off with people who are constantly pissed off and can post about nothing except HOW PISSED OFF THEY ARE. The problem on here now, as a few others have pointed out, is that a fair few people on both "sides" just seem completely unwilling to shift from their respective stances on an issue and as a result of that, threads swiftly descend into an unreadable cesspit of name-calling and "lalalalala I can't hear you". People beating the same fucking drum, over and over and over and over again. It does my head in.

One last thing. I thought it was best for Brendan to go after the Stoke debacle. I was, however, absolutely disgusted by the sly little digs and insinuations made about him - particularly regarding his personal life - on this forum. I know the mods did their utmost to keep it in check whilst ensuring to the best of their ability that people felt able to vent after what was a very underwhelming season, and I thank them for that. I think, for me, it was something that served to compound my growing discontent with the way football is at the moment. Depressing all round.

That's the longest post I've written on here in a long time. Carry on.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2015, 08:53:29 pm »

Buy one of these, and name it RAWK superfans. Knock yourself out. I must be alone in this, but I rather enjoy all the moaning, bitching, swearing.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2015, 09:01:34 pm »

Do you think any of us are happy with what happened last season? No, none of us are. It's just some of choose not to whinge and bitch and cry about the same thing nearly every day in pretty much every thread we go in.

The way I feel, there's just nothing you can do about any of it. So just ride it out. I've seen Istanbul and thought it was always going to be that way. I've seen Istvan kozma and thought it was always going to be that way. Players and managers come and go. Someone who's great could soon be shit and vice versa. There's nothing you can do about it. The wheel keeps turning. There's at least 87 other teams in this country that couldn't dream of experiencing what we have. It'll come again and it'll go again.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2015, 09:08:19 pm »
The way I feel, there's just nothing you can do about any of it. So just ride it out. I've seen Istanbul and thought it was always going to be that way. I've seen Istvan kozma and thought it was always going to be that way. Players and managers come and go. Someone who's great could soon be shit and vice versa. There's nothing you can do about it. The wheel keeps turning. There's at least 87 other teams in this country that couldn't dream of experiencing what we have. It'll come again and it'll go again.

I agree. We've no God given right to be at the top. We just got to hope one day our time will come again and in the mean time just support the manager and the team the best way we can. Because no amount of whinging or moaning on a football forum is going to change a God damn thing. All that's likely to do is make you feel miserable about a game your supposed to enjoy.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2015, 09:15:03 pm »
I agree. We've no God given right to be at the top. We just got to hope one day our time will come again and in the mean time just support the manager and the team the best way we can. Because no amount of whinging or moaning on a football forum is going to change a God damn thing. All that's likely to do is make you feel miserable about a game your supposed to enjoy.
All the best art, comes from pain. Shiny, happy is boring and dull. I hope we become synonymous with ironic moaning and whingeing.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2015, 09:16:06 pm »
not for nothing, but virtually every Libpool fan I run into on a daily basis ..and that's quite a few...are moaning like fuck about how shite the season was, who we're signing or not signing and should/shouldn't the manager stay or not........seems odd to me why anyone would expect an LFC internet forum to not reflect that
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2015, 09:24:58 pm »
All the best art, comes from pain. Shiny, happy is boring and dull. I hope we become synonymous with ironic moaning and whingeing.

Mate, if you knew me in real life you'd know there was nothing shiny or happy or about it. Plenty of pain to go around though. I try and keep that shit out of my football world as much as I can. That's why I get angry on here sometimes and get into petty arguments with people I really could do without arguing with. Because when I come on here I want to forget amount my problems and just talk football. Talk about certain players past and present, young exciting kids coming through, potential signings, big games coming up etc...I don't want to come on here and see people whinging and moaning about the same thing, day in day out in nearly every single thread. It does my head in. And it's turning what I have always believed to the best Liverpool forum around into shit.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2015, 09:25:28 pm »
And what does the club's will to win have to do with posting stuff in appropriate topics, and respecting other posters? The grip against the earthworms is not their actual argument. It is the endless repetitive dirge that is shoe-horned into topics that it is only tangentially related to. It becomes impossible to avoid the cacophony of wailing. Whilst it is important to some, it is not the only thing to discuss about the club. 
The Champions League Final thread was a case in point. Barcelona vs Juventus. It had nothing to do with us (sadly) bar a couple of ex players. Yet we had 25 year old lamenting the fact he couldn't remember what it felt like to win a trophy and that he thought it might be another 25 years before we win the CL. No one wanted ask him "Why?", because it would have been the same litany of - Wasted the Suarez money, Transfer Committee, FSG, Brendan, Lovren and on an on as it is in every thread with the most tenuous relation to LFC. The thread got locked (rightly) so, no one gets to discuss a decent game because of the serial miserablists who infect threads and ruin it for everyone else and have to read the same shit over and over.

WE know!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2015, 09:27:48 pm »
Mate, if you knew me in real life you'd know there was nothing shiny or happy or about it. Plenty of pain to go around though. I try and keep that shit out of my football world as much as I can. That's why I get angry on here sometimes and get into petty arguments with people I really could do without arguing with. Because when I come on here I want to forget amount my problems and just talk football. Talk about certain players past and present, young exciting kids coming through, potential signings, big games coming up etc...I don't want to come on here and see people whinging and moaning about the same thing, day in day out in nearly every single thread. It does my head in. And it's turning what I have always believed to the best Liverpool forum around into shit.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #213 on: June 10, 2015, 09:34:52 pm »
And it's turning what I have always believed to the best Liverpool forum around into shit.
I truly hope somebody does something about that as it`s getting ridiculous.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: June 10, 2015, 10:01:15 pm »
I don't think you are alone in that. There's no doubt that everyone wants to vent and have a moan when we get battered by Stoke. Or when we get beat by anyone for that matter. That's not really the issue, and it's not really what I was getting at. I think it's perfectly normal to have a moan after we've lost. We've all done it. We've all felt pissed off and angry after a shit performance. The issue I have is with constant negativity which is spun to fit agendas. How it's become a case of "one agenda fits all" for some people, and they are incapable of looking passed a single issue to explain decisions at the club, or results, etc. And how every decision, no matter how innocuous, is spun into either the greatest achievement of all time (once in a blue moon) or a disaster that proves we're finished at the club (all the fucking time). It's just sillyness, isn't it, to over-react like that?

I think that all of that has started to perpetuate this notion of "crisis", a word I've seen used in here a few times, and I just can't see any good coming out of that perpetual negativity. Maybe I'm overestimating the importance of supporters. I'd like to think I'm not, but I think we'd all like to think we play a part. But do players want to come to a club where they get moaned at week in, week out? Remember when our foreign players used to marvel that Liverpool fans would cheer their team regardless of how the result went? They used to think it was amazing that fans would still wish them luck in the street instead of shouting abuse at them, even when they'd had a bad game. I feel like we're losing that in the clamour for drama, where it seems to benefit everybody except the club to create this polarised environment.
Good point Rhi, I'd like to think match-goers are a different breed to forum posters. It got me thinking about a tweet Royhendo made on twitter: Roy Henderson ‏@royhendo  May 22 - @sisteers it's our peculiar psychosis that makes the magic happen. That its parochial is what makes it special.

The Yosser Hughes mavericks and craziness that goes with it, we don't want to drive that out, they bring the magic, the pyro, the coach serenades. Repetition, as our friend David Peace has taught us, is a symptom of the neuroses. Would be a bit crap if we are all singing from the same hymn sheet when things are not right. Would feel a bit dumb and forced. Sure, some just don't like the way we are being run and will spin anything and everything to fit their view. It really doesn't bother me. It's just how some folks roll. Skim those posts and move on. I'm a selective reader on here, I pick and choose often at random, what I reply to. I suspect the people that have the biggest issue with thread-derailing are the ones who bother reading the posts.

Offline wordroam

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #215 on: June 10, 2015, 10:03:25 pm »
My issue and negativity stems from the club making the same mistakes year in year out. By managers who get too clever for their own good, Houllier did it, even rafa suffered from it. And now Rodgers is doing the same. He wasn't like that when he joined so why is he different now? For me last season went to his head.

The old mantra of football being a simple game still sticks. But let's not get into this again we have to wait and see now.

Oh no - this really isn't the same.

We chased out scumbag owners, cleared out the squad, got a rookie manager in, the best British manager around, similarly committed absolutely to nurturing young talent and to building and exploiting our commercial potential.

Instead of continuously patching up the roof we burned it all to the ground and started with the foundations. Got hunger ? Got ambition ? Got talent ? You're one of us. Thats how you go about empire building.

No wonder people are fucked off. Especially those who loved wallowing around misty eyed in the museum of our past. 'What ?! instead of tea and scones I get a hard hat and a high vis vest ?!?!

Stoke for me was painful. Really painful. But soon after I realised thats what I signed up for, the white knuckle ride, the real adventure. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We talk the same old gobshite when results are bad mind. Nothings changed there.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2015, 10:22:54 pm »

It's got nothing to do with god given rights. Why do people think that?

It's about the club trying to strive to stay where it worked to getting. I just don't get that though, it's all talk and posturing.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2015, 10:44:43 pm »
The post match knee jerk is not the issue though. That is as it ever has been. It can be corralled in a post match topic and its long term effect is minimal. We'd rather it did not happen, but we all have form for immediate reactions - we would be much of a fan if we did not. The issue is the pervasive negativity mantra that seems ubiquitous.

With particular users it get's to the point where I feel like saying "If it's that bad, then fuck off", but I realise it's not really my place to say that. Especially when it's a repeated mantra of 'accepting mediocrity' or 'the door to top four has been slammed shut forever', 'we have no chance of getting top four next season', 'I don't expect us to get into the top four for several seasons', 'we're just a midtable club now'. Which I find hilarious considering the average position of our last two seasons is 4.

I understand disappointment, but since 2012, we've won a trophy, finished 2nd, runners up in the FA Cup, and made another two semi finals this season. I'd rather we'd won more of them, but the constant chat about 'mediocrity', 'midtable' seems to be a bit of a self-indulgent over reaction.

I mean, actually, there has to be space for people to voice their long term concerns. I just find football, and this forum as extension of that, as an escape from the day to mundane shit that I have to see and go through, and even coming on here was beginning to get me down. Appears to have lifted now at least though.

Completely agree with you re: the Ings topic. Once he's in, take the incessant 'strategy' posts regarding how this signing shows we are on the path to oblivion elsewhere, can the rest of us focus on how he might fit in and wishing him well. Obviously there should be room to dissect his limitations, and to have a more rounded discussion on how he's performing once the season starts, but lots of posts are clearly unneccessary.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:48:08 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2015, 10:48:08 pm »
:)

Doing something about it is a shared responsibility between every single one of us who posts here, though. To make considered posts. To self-moderate. To add to a debate instead of posting for the sake of posting.

Spot on. This should appear as a pop-up box every time someone visits the site.
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: June 10, 2015, 10:48:22 pm »
I think every signing we make is Eric Cantona. Delusion is what keeps going.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: June 11, 2015, 12:31:06 am »
Just reading through this last page - I kind of feel relieved, maybe even vindicated. Because, it's clear to me that the doomsayers are wrong. What did it? This unassuming but right on the money post by wordroam:

We chased out scumbag owners, cleared out the squad, got a rookie manager in, the best British manager around, similarly committed absolutely to nurturing young talent and to building and exploiting our commercial potential.

Instead of continuously patching up the roof we burned it all to the ground and started with the foundations. Got hunger ? Got ambition ? Got talent ? You're one of us. Thats how you go about empire building.

No wonder people are fucked off. Especially those who loved wallowing around misty eyed in the museum of our past. 'What ?! instead of tea and scones I get a hard hat and a high vis vest ?!?!

Stoke for me was painful. Really painful. But soon after I realised thats what I signed up for, the white knuckle ride, the real adventure. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We talk the same old gobshite when results are bad mind. Nothings changed there.

Has become apparent to me it's a fairly classic tension between progressive vs regressive thinking. Personally I'm on the side of being progressive - and I would hope that Liverpool fans more than most fall more on this side!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:33:11 am by kcbworth »

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2015, 01:02:31 am »

Plain.  Common.  Sense.  Simply put.

The new owners never professed to know anything about footy.  But they know business and they know major league sports.

Rome wasn't built in a day.  Give 'em a chance.
Kill the humourless

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2015, 01:20:44 am »

The new owners never professed to know anything about footy.  But they know business and they know major league sports.

They're from foreign parts, don'tcha know. And they like baseball.

We'll be signing Snoogy Doogy next. We should be protesting.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2015, 02:41:58 am »

But they want us to fail, you know. They want us to slip down the table and not be in Europe and get loads of money through commercial deals. They don't care if we win or not as long as the cheques keep rolling in. And eventually when the value of the club is big enough they'll sell us quicker than you can say 'Moneyball'.

Except, err, those cheques will stop rather quickly if the club is not performing on the pitch. The name 'Liverpool' will only get them so far in that department. FSG, I believe, want us to be as successful as possible. I agree with you totally, they need a chance. Not once did they ever claim to be remotely interested in football, never mind understand it. They've put people in charge who, in their eyes, can run this club to the best of their ability. They've made mistakes? Well fuck me, isn't that a shock.

Anyway, I've gone off topic a little here but I just wanted to get that out. There's been some wonderful things posted in here.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2015, 02:48:05 am »
Being negative is about sulking, being anchored to the disappoinment, to wish the problem away or to hope that tomorrow never comes.

Being positive is standing up, shrugging off the past, start walking forward and hope for the best.

One blames the situation and never move on from it, the other shrugs it off and move on.

I blame the Internet age for lightspeed news and entertainment nowadays - if nothing is done by the time I wake tomorrow then we're in deep shit and will go down further the path of mediocrity. If no new signings are announced on the official website by tea this afternoon we're not addressing the problems of last season. If nobody is appointed yet by dinner the owners have finally lost their marbles and screwed up the structure of the club - FSG OUT.

It reminds me of the 'the world is ending' rubbish as 2012 was getting nearer with people talking about frequently more natural disasters et al - decades ago in the age of the telegraph people may not even have heard of the quake in a far off place in Asia, what more 'Armageddon is coming'?

The season is over, take a break, go for a holiday in Ibiza, Maccu Pichu, Tokyo, Barbados - come back refreshed and ready for the next season. Wish negatives because nothing was going the way you envisioned it because it made sense in Sports Interactive world then have fun wallowing in despair all year long - the rest of us will follow the team 100% regardless of the result; we'll make space for you when the team wins, don't worry.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2015, 08:14:21 am »

Doing something about it is a shared responsibility between every single one of us who posts here, though. To make considered posts. To self-moderate. To add to a debate instead of posting for the sake of posting.
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2015, 09:30:45 am »
The Champions League Final thread was a case in point. Barcelona vs Juventus. It had nothing to do with us (sadly) bar a couple of ex players. Yet we had 25 year old lamenting the fact he couldn't remember what it felt like to win a trophy and that he thought it might be another 25 years before we win the CL. No one wanted ask him "Why?", because it would have been the same litany of - Wasted the Suarez money, Transfer Committee, FSG, Brendan, Lovren and on an on as it is in every thread with the most tenuous relation to LFC. The thread got locked (rightly) so, no one gets to discuss a decent game because of the serial miserablists who infect threads and ruin it for everyone else and have to read the same shit over and over.

WE know!
Very true. Similarly, the FA Cup final thread was pretty much a episode in simultaneously slaughtering Benteke, Rodgers, our players and the transfer committee.

It's as if there aren't 5,000 threads already doing this stuff. Why should it have to dominate - not the odd aside - a match thread of two teams, neither of which are Liverpool?

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2015, 09:35:57 am »
I understand disappointment, but since 2012, we've won a trophy, finished 2nd, runners up in the FA Cup, and made another two semi finals this season. I'd rather we'd won more of them, but the constant chat about 'mediocrity', 'midtable' seems to be a bit of a self-indulgent over reaction.

This is important. Is it good enough that these 'achievements'  resulted in zero silverware? No. But the leap to "we are a disgrace, last season has been a disaster" is difficult to stomach. It's hyperbole and often attention seeking garbage.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2015, 12:54:14 pm »

The irony is that Liverpool as a City and as a club has always been incredibly welcoming to people from other countries. Early in our history we had a team virtually full of Scots, we embraced managers like Shanks, Ged and Houllier. You look at our iconic players the ones we have taken top heart and they are as likely to come from Salto, Dalmanarock or Townhill  as they are from Speke, the dingle or Toxteth.

It simply doesn't matter where people are from let's face it when H&G's rhetoric matched our ambitions they were welcomed with open arms. FSG's problem for me is that whilst they are excellent businessmen their aims and ambitions simply don't match up to ours.

They have no love of the Club, the City or even football itself. let's face it they don't even bother to show up for games. For me we have to rewind and remind ourselves why they are here. They are here because Moores realised that he didn't have the resources to match the ambitions of the Club, it's players and most of all the fans. For me because of how horrendous H&G were and how much trouble they put us in financially we lowered our expectations and standards and settled for owners with no love of the Club and no ambition to follow the age old mantra that the club exists to win trophies.

We now settle for absolute garbage like they are good owners because they let the Club reinvest the money the CLUB earns. Well guess what the list of Clubs that generates money and pays it's shareholders is about as thin as Fordy's back catalogue of posts criticising Charlie Adam. The vast majority of Clubs dont just have that they also have owners or put a bob or two of their own money in.

The other classic is that football has changed and that we have to acknowledge that we are no longer one of the big boys. Strangely enough when our esteemed owners go hawking the brand around the world earning sponsorship deals they have a strange bout of amnesia and mistakenly describe us in a completely different way and hold out for massive commercial deals.

We can either keep making excuses for FSG and come out with claptrap like if we are patient it might be our turn one day or we tell them to stop taking the piss and start acting like this huge brand that is comfortably within the ten richest clubs in the world. For me RAWK is at it's best when it is using it's powerful voice to unite the fan base and to stand up for the Club that we all love not as some middle class hoity toity debating society.

When did it become okay to concede a game against Madrid, when did it become okay to take Gerrard off at Stamford Bridge so those moron plastic flag waving gobshites come give him an ovation and when did it become okay to allow teams like Palace and Stoke to walk all over us.

There is something very wrong at the Club we have become soft like the clubs we used to mock in the 70's or 80's. We can either make flowery well reasoned debates about how it will be our turn soon or we can start holding the owners to account and demand that they start living up to the motto that we exist to win trophies.

For me the reason for negativity is that negativity is what sets in when you have no one driving the Club forward when you have no one rallying the troops and no one at the top refusing to accept being 2nd best. Most of all stop making excuses about not being able to compete and show hunger, desire and ambition to do everything we can humanely do to knock the bastards off their perches.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2015, 01:04:20 pm »
And you spectacularly miss the point again. The reason for this topic is not that those points should not be made. It is that they should not be made in every single fucking topic. And rather than address that point the soap box has come out and you have made the same speech again. That is exactly what this topic is about in a nutshell.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2015, 01:17:42 pm »
And you spectacularly miss the point again. The reason for this topic is not that those points should not be made. It is that they should not be made in every single fucking topic. And rather than address that point the soap box has come out and you have made the same speech again. That is exactly what this topic is about in a nutshell.

Really I suggest you re read the thread because a good proportion of the posts are from people defending the owners and seeking to ridicule anyone who objects to our falling standards. As for the other topics I have posted in it might be worth having a check because in the Ings and Milner topics I have said they are both sensible deals.

As it goes I think you have a point about negativity and if people are being continually negative then they should be pulled up but for balance you should also be pulling up the everything in the garden is rosy mob. The kind of people who were turning a blind eye when H&G were destroying us or when Hodge Podge was leading us to mediocrity.

I will leave it at that. So you can return to mocking people who aren't a happy clappy amateur debating society wannabees.   ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2015, 01:21:46 pm »
As it goes I think you have a point about negativity and if people are being continually negative then they should be pulled up but for balance you should also be pulling up the everything in the garden is rosy mob.

I think the vast majority of these types of posts, and I'm presuming I'm being classed as in this group so speaking for myself here, are made in reply to constantly made negative posts.

On my part, you'll rarely find anything which you (or others) may class as a 'garden is rosy' post which has been made which isn't in reply to a massively negative one. The same goes for a lot of posts from others which you would also class as overly positive.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2015, 01:25:35 pm »
Everything that derails topics and causes the same circular dirge is disapproved of. The manicly happy mob tend to do less derailing - just by the nature of the their position. It also does not lend itself to sniping. Once it does kick off they are just as much of a problem.

I have very deliberately limited my ridicule to the manner of posting and not the content of those posts. Indeed, I have been careful to point out that there is nothing wrong with the posts in a relevant topic.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2015, 01:29:00 pm »

It would be interesting to compare posting activity of some of these posters between some negative times (Kenny gets the boot, the lacklustre performances this season) and the better times (cup finals, goal records, nearly winning against all odds).

Sadly I seem to remember these posters being much more vocal during the down times than the good times. Particularly when those good times were delivered in conflict to the doom that they predicted.

Kind of sums up this thread.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2015, 01:32:05 pm »
I think the vast majority of these types of posts, and I'm presuming I'm being classed as in this group so speaking for myself here, are made in reply to constantly made negative posts.

On my part, you'll rarely find anything which you (or others) may class as a 'garden is rosy' post which has been made which isn't in reply to a massively negative one. The same goes for a lot of posts from others which you would also class as overly positive.

Right from the start I had you pegged as someone who was insanely optimistic and very supportive of shit owners Craig.  ;D

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2015, 01:33:41 pm »
It would be interesting to compare posting activity of some of these posters between some negative times (Kenny gets the boot, the lacklustre performances this season) and the better times (cup finals, goal records, nearly winning against all odds).

Sadly I seem to remember these posters being much more vocal during the down times than the good times. Particularly when those good times were delivered in conflict to the doom that they predicted.

All you have to do is look at a post match thread when we win and when we lose. The contrast is there for all to see.

There's a reason the page count is around 10 when we win and between 25-30 when we lose.

People like to bitch and moan.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2015, 01:34:21 pm »
Right from the start I had you pegged as someone who was insanely optimistic and very supportive of shit owners Craig.  ;D

;D

In hindsight I'm more than happy to admit he turned out shocking. However back in 2009 I stand by that comment - maybe that's partly because I wasn't close enough to the situation (not being a Newcastle fan).

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2015, 01:39:00 pm »

Can't speak for others but I was behind Rafa and Kenny to the bitter end, posted about Rodgers as a young manager being given the chance to make the mistakes a young player would and someone who spends most of my time in the post match threads taking on the kneejerkers.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2015, 01:39:35 pm »
;D

In hindsight I'm more than happy to admit he turned out shocking. However back in 2009 I stand by that comment - maybe that's partly because I wasn't close enough to the situation (not being a Newcastle fan).

;D ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2015, 01:44:40 pm »

Ouch ;D

Is six years old though.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.