Author Topic: The media, earthworms, and a bit of a self-indulgent rant  (Read 31496 times)

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The media, earthworms, and a bit of a self-indulgent rant
« Reply #120 on: June 8, 2015, 07:14:45 pm »
Yes, we all know your upset we've signed Danny Ings mate. Let it all out... ;)

I think I'll wait until we've signed Benteke.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #121 on: June 8, 2015, 07:17:43 pm »
I think I'll wait until we've signed Benteke.

Make sure your head doesn't pop first.  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #122 on: June 8, 2015, 07:18:25 pm »
Few of the moaners might actually crack a smile soon if the rumours are true....

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #123 on: June 8, 2015, 07:21:02 pm »
The constant positivity from some posters is more annoying to me to be honest. People who tell you everything is great when they clearly aren't. People who will tell you Joey Barton would be a good signing if he signed tomorrow....

Really - where are they? There aren't any loopy happy-clappy fans that match your description - not that I've seen. If you read the responses in here and the complaints about the negativity it's just about a bit of balance and reason.

What really fucks me off is that it takes away the enjoyment and the ability to discuss anything rationally. It would be great to be able to discuss the manager, or transfers, or the stadium expansion, or the way we play, or... the quality of the pies... or anything... without the depressing knowledge that one of the usual suspects will pop up halfway down the first page with the fascinating, amazing information that the owners are hedge fund owners who are bleeding the club dry... don't understand football... and don't understand pies... and that Brendan is a fraud.

We know!

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 8, 2015, 07:23:43 pm »
Few of the moaners might actually crack a smile soon if the rumours are true....

Oooohhh Craig, don't leave me hanging. What rumours mate?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #125 on: June 8, 2015, 07:24:58 pm »
Oooohhh Craig, don't leave me hanging. What rumours mate?

Seems the Ayre leaving to work for Standard Chartered are doing the rounds again.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: June 8, 2015, 07:26:19 pm »
Seems the Ayre leaving to work for Standard Chartered are doing the rounds again.

Interesting...

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 8, 2015, 07:33:45 pm »
Really - where are they? There aren't any loopy happy-clappy fans that match your description - not that I've seen. If you read the responses in here and the complaints about the negativity it's just about a bit of balance and reason.

What really fucks me off is that it takes away the enjoyment and the ability to discuss anything rationally. It would be great to be able to discuss the manager, or transfers, or the stadium expansion, or the way we play, or... the quality of the pies... or anything... without the depressing knowledge that one of the usual suspects will pop up halfway down the first page with the fascinating, amazing information that the owners are hedge fund owners who are bleeding the club dry... don't understand football... and don't understand pies... and that Brendan is a fraud.

We know!

Poster above you for a start. If we signed Joey Barton tomorrow, I'd definitely have him down as someone who'd find some positives in it.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #128 on: June 8, 2015, 07:46:27 pm »
Poster above you for a start. If we signed Joey Barton tomorrow, I'd definitely have him down as someone who'd find some positives in it.

Good lad is Joey.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #129 on: June 8, 2015, 08:25:38 pm »
People who tell you everything is great

Tripe.
Kill the humourless

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #130 on: June 8, 2015, 08:49:56 pm »
Actually nobody is happy about last season it's how you deal with it.
Bitch and moan and regurgitate the same shite because your world is doomed or hope for better in a new season, as in new page, new season , new start ,  oh while i am at it nobody accepts mediocrity but we do accept players and the coaching staff doing them damn best for us, unless you think players and the coaching staff make mistakes just to piss the moaners off ?

some need to remember we have a team of Human beings with all the frailties that comes with it, not robots or pixels

edit Joey is good taking corners  ;D just saying like :wave
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #131 on: June 8, 2015, 08:56:47 pm »
The entire forum in one thread! Delete everything after the OP, lock it, and sticky it!

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 8, 2015, 09:10:53 pm »
Bitch and moan and regurgitate the same shite because your world is doomed or hope for better in a new season, as in new page, new season , new start ,  oh while i am at it nobody accepts mediocrity but we do accept players and the coaching staff doing them damn best for us, unless you think players and the coaching staff make mistakes just to piss the moaners off ?

some need to remember we have a team of Human beings with all the frailties that comes with it, not robots or pixels

I'm far from the worst here. I wanted Rodgers to be given another season and I don't go on about FSG all the time. It's just the fucking players. The players we've got and the ones we're getting. I don't know how you can be positive about them. Even in the 90s when we were shit I liked most of the players, there was always exceptions.
This team, these players I struggle to be positive about. There's exceptions, like Coutinho and Sakho. Most of them I just can't be bothered with though. I'd take a team full of c*nts any day. Just players with some character and ability. I'd swap the whole squad for a young Fowler.

Rafa.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #133 on: June 8, 2015, 09:14:27 pm »
I'd take a team full of c*nts any day.

Sounds like Barton is right up your street.
Kill the humourless

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 8, 2015, 09:16:25 pm »
Sounds like Barton is right up your street.

Character and ability. I'll give him the character part but ability wise, he's not up to it.

Rafa.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 8, 2015, 09:17:18 pm »
I'm far from the worst here. I wanted Rodgers to be given another season and I don't go on about FSG all the time. It's just the fucking players. The players we've got and the ones we're getting. I don't know how you can be positive about them. Even in the 90s when we were shit I liked most of the players, there was always exceptions.
This team, these players I struggle to be positive about. There's exceptions, like Coutinho and Sakho. Most of them I just can't be bothered with though. I'd take a team full of c*nts any day. Just players with some character and ability. I'd swap the whole squad for a young Fowler.

It was a general post and you're right there is worse than you in here, by the way i can be positive about it because we haven't kicked a ball yet same every season for me, i also look at all the kids coming through and the general age of the squad and think the future could be good.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 8, 2015, 09:18:31 pm »

Was Hodgson a human? Owl or Kundera loving realist?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 8, 2015, 09:19:49 pm »
Was Hodgson a human? Owl or Kundera loving realist?

Wrong man simple as that.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 8, 2015, 09:20:52 pm »
Can't argue with that.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 8, 2015, 09:21:23 pm »

'A broadsheet man in a tabloid world'
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 8, 2015, 09:22:34 pm »
'A broadsheet man in a tabloid world'
That feels positively existential.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #142 on: June 8, 2015, 09:33:56 pm »
Love it Rhi.

Thought about writing something about this recently myself but you've nailed it better than I could.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #143 on: June 8, 2015, 09:47:03 pm »
Abramovich bought Chelsea in 2003 and pumped hundreds of millions into the team. Sheik Mansour bought Man City in 2009 and did the same with Man City.

In 2007 we were bought by two arseholes who almost destroyed the club.

In 2013 Arsenal (owned by an American who knows fuck all and cares less about soccer) paid off the loans they took out to build the Emirates and started to free up funds for big transfers.

At Man United, despite the Glazers using the clubs income as a slush fund, their income dwarfs every other club and until the comedy appointment of Moyes had been managed by the king of the flat track bullies.

But yeah, it's all FSG's doing.

Personally, my expectations were lowered by Hicks and Gillette when my principal target was to see my club freed from the ownership of two poisonous leeches and hopefully not go bankrupt and be relegated to the Championship. But I guess when you're rewriting history you might as well airbrush out anything that doesn't fit the current 'truth'.

Absolutely spot on, Al.

It's also worth remembering that FSG have shown the club respect, tried to employ a proper footballing ethos in Brendan Rodgers, have increased our revenue streams and have actually stuck by their word by starting work on the stadium. They also seem to implore that we reach top four. We have done that once in the last three years so we jumped ahead and fell back. They are sticking with Rodgers as they said they would but are making changes at the same time to try and push as back where we need to be. They haven't been shy in giving managers money, either. There is clearly ambition.

They're not perfect, but then who is? I didn't like the way they handled Kenny, not one bit, but life is cruel and businesses as large as ours are one of the harshest environments of all. More often than not good people get what they don't deserve, that's life not just FSG and Kenny.

They have been nave I think, and nothing more. Some of their recruitment on the 'football side' may be questionable  (in's and outs of coaches and committee staff, arguably) but let us remember that had they not come in and done what they did we could easily be another Leeds United or Nottingham Forest.

Try let that sink in before spouting off about a lack of ambition. It's like people don't realise that the media's primary objective is to spark outrage amongst us, the supporters. They do it to every club because for some reason almost every twat on this planet including me seems to self indulge in misery, despair and outrage rather for being greatful for what we've got, and the media makes money exploiting this.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline wordroam

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #144 on: June 8, 2015, 11:01:45 pm »
Abramovich bought Chelsea in 2003 and pumped hundreds of millions into the team. Sheik Mansour bought Man City in 2009 and did the same with Man City.

In 2007 we were bought by two arseholes who almost destroyed the club.

In 2013 Arsenal (owned by an American who knows fuck all and cares less about soccer) paid off the loans they took out to build the Emirates and started to free up funds for big transfers.

At Man United, despite the Glazers using the clubs income as a slush fund, their income dwarfs every other club and until the comedy appointment of Moyes had been managed by the king of the flat track bullies.

But yeah, it's all FSG's doing.

Personally, my expectations were lowered by Hicks and Gillette when my principal target was to see my club freed from the ownership of two poisonous leeches and hopefully not go bankrupt and be relegated to the Championship. But I guess when you're rewriting history you might as well airbrush out anything that doesn't fit the current 'truth'.

That has definitely skewed my outlook - its all felt pretty much like a holiday in comparison !

The media has something to do with it, but basically if anything goes wrong as fans we want 'Something to be Done'. The only 'Something to be Done' we  tend to be able to get our head around as fans means buying or sacking and buying or sacking tends to need a whopping justification. And a moan. The simple idea of enjoying footy, taking the rough with the smooth but allowing things to grow is not seen as common sense, business sense or any sort of sense but merely 'accepting mediocrity'.

I do argue sometimes, but just as many times take the moaners with a bit of a pinch of salt. Plenty on here must have stood next to people at matches, spittle trailing in the air, bloodshot eyes bulging, fists beating the air to a pulp, over relatively nothing - other than their own sense of impotence. The internet is little different.

Offline wordroam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #145 on: June 8, 2015, 11:06:45 pm »
Absolutely spot on, Al.

It's also worth remembering that FSG have shown the club respect, tried to employ a proper footballing ethos in Brendan Rodgers, have increased our revenue streams and have actually stuck by their word by starting work on the stadium. They also seem to implore that we reach top four. We have done that once in the last three years so we jumped ahead and fell back. They are sticking with Rodgers as they said they would but are making changes at the same time to try and push as back where we need to be. They haven't been shy in giving managers money, either. There is clearly ambition.

They're not perfect, but then who is? I didn't like the way they handled Kenny, not one bit, but life is cruel and businesses as large as ours are one of the harshest environments of all. More often than not good people get what they don't deserve, that's life not just FSG and Kenny.

They have been nave I think, and nothing more. Some of their recruitment on the 'football side' may be questionable  (in's and outs of coaches and committee staff, arguably) but let us remember that had they not come in and done what they did we could easily be another Leeds United or Nottingham Forest.

Try let that sink in before spouting off about a lack of ambition. It's like people don't realise that the media's primary objective is to spark outrage amongst us, the supporters. They do it to every club because for some reason almost every twat on this planet including me seems to self indulge in misery, despair and outrage rather for being greatful for what we've got, and the media makes money exploiting this.

I was pretty disappointed at the time. But with hindsight I'm not so sure they were 'sacking' Kenny as accelerating, or maybe reverting to, the long-term plan they were going to go with anyway.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #146 on: June 9, 2015, 01:07:13 am »
The simple idea of enjoying footy, taking the rough with the smooth but allowing things to grow is not seen as common sense, business sense or any sort of sense but merely 'accepting mediocrity'.

A thousand times, exactly :wellin

This has me absolutely seething. The way it's worded as well, as if I'm personally part of the reason why our team isn't quite making it where we want to be. That I have influence over the club chairman in making his decisions through my 'acceptance' of wanting to support the club and follow how they get on whatever happens.

Ultimately, a lot of what happens at a footie club is beyond our control, obviously you have the likes of SOS, FSF lobbying for cheaper tickets etc, but realistically, all I can do is invest myself emotionally in it for 90 or 180 minutes a week and hope we do the best we can. I can't accept anything as I'll never be in a position to change anything unless I become a billionaire.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 9, 2015, 03:24:57 am »
The constant positivity from some posters is more annoying to me to be honest.

This got me thinking. I agree to some degree.

But... what really gets me is the politicking and agendas so many people seem to have. Fly their flag for one extreme or the other, little sense of reason. Good debate just disappears because there is literally nothing that can be said to budge. Many people aren't moaning to moan, they're moaning to advance their position (i.e fan ownership; spend like the criminals and cheaters; get rid of wools; attendance should be a cheap and attending every single game should be available to every budget, not a privilege that should be budgeted for and attendance based on how far a budget can extent; owners could not possibly be in it to win because theyre american bastards; etc)

And to add some balance the OP, I think you can get enjoyment out of supporting a team without blindly agreeing with or supporting every single decision. E.g. my happiest memories supporting Liverpool were when we were constructing classy teams with Xabi, Torres/Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge, Agger and the like - teams that showed class on and off the pitch and had players that we could truly hold up as Liverpool players. Recent years focusing more on players like Carroll Adam Ings Downing et al are disappointing when that is your reference point.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2015, 11:22:04 am by kcbworth »

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 9, 2015, 03:29:40 am »
A thousand times, exactly :wellin

This has me absolutely seething. The way it's worded as well, as if I'm personally part of the reason why our team isn't quite making it where we want to be. That I have influence over the club chairman in making his decisions through my 'acceptance' of wanting to support the club and follow how they get on whatever happens.

Ultimately, a lot of what happens at a footie club is beyond our control, obviously you have the likes of SOS, FSF lobbying for cheaper tickets etc, but realistically, all I can do is invest myself emotionally in it for 90 or 180 minutes a week and hope we do the best we can. I can't accept anything as I'll never be in a position to change anything unless I become a billionaire.

Unfortunately one of our greatest recent moments as a fanbase - ousting the cancers - has blinded people and there is a new bloodthirsty that permeates through too many. And now everything is treated as a civil war. Anything other than complete alignment with ones own agenda is seen as an affront to their rights as a supporter - and the same techniques are used to fight for this right as were used against the cancers. Dangerous imho, and I've been saying so for a long while now.

Of course, so many are forgetting the actual greatest achievements we've made as a fanbase in the last couple of decades - finally achieving JFT96. And seriously... the culture of YNWA that drove that outcome feels like it has never been further from the current truth

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #149 on: June 9, 2015, 03:30:15 am »
The constant positivity from some posters is more annoying to me to be honest. People who tell you everything is great when they clearly aren't. People who will tell you Joey Barton would be a good signing if he signed tomorrow. Sometimes things are shit and sometimes we sign players that aren't very good. You've seen them play for years but you're not allowed to judge them until they've had their testimonial at Liverpool, unless you think they're good.

They are few and far between to be honest.

To use Ings as an example, most people aren't exactly expecting him to bang in 50 goals next season, but they'll at least be hopeful that he can be effective for us when he does play, rather than bitching before he even makes the pitch.

Offline Garcias Sangria

• Anny Roader
  • Not in The Grafton on a Friday night
« Reply #150 on: June 9, 2015, 08:07:06 am »
"The sacking of Benitez, H&G, Hodge Podge, the sacking of Kenny..." = Stating the disappointing obvious.

"FSG turning us into also rans" = Being negative.

:lmao "We should all be moaning". We came 6th, we made it to two cup semi finals, we had to cope with one of the best players in the world leaving and we tried to bed in a lot of new players. Our manager is still learning but shown in spells that he can be successful. This isn't a crisis, it's just a fairly crap season. You moan about Kenny being sacked but we came 8th that season, and did marginally better in the two cup competitions. Was that a crisis? If so surely sacking Kenny wasn't unreasonable?

"We are basically fucked." You should get out more and have conversations of fans of clubs who are genuinely "fucked", clubs like Blackburn who were taken down bu useless owners making appalling decisions, or Newcastle fans who forced Pardew out and got given Carver who almost single-handedly managed to relegate them. Clubs like Plymouth or Blackpool who are so badly run the fans don't know if theyll exist next year as they freefall down divisions. We were nearly fucked when FSG bought us, fucked is going out of business or being relegated, not winning trophies for 20 years, never qualifying for Europe.

We had a bad season after a good season. We're getting a bigger stadium to rival those teams around us, and we're earning more money with investments that most clubs in the country could dream of. We have some of the most talented young players around and half the national side today play for Liverpool. In the last decade we've won almost everything going and almost won the league twice, the most recent of which was last season.

If that's fucked then we're the most self-entitled set of fans on the planet.

I want the best too, everyone does, but if we don't achieve it I don't spend my days spouting venom on an internet forum, life is far too short. If there was a genuine crisis, then a response from the fans is necessary and the fantastic work done when Hicks & Gillette were in charge is testament to that - the boycott, the protest shirts, the emails etc. That was a crisis. This isn't. Vigilance is necessary but constant derision, complaining and nitpicking isn't. In my opinion.
Too fucking right! Well said.
Quote from: Owl
If some of u fucking bellends are seriously arsed about this then go to fucking sleep or knock our self out by charging straight at a wall.
It's a fucking pre season
Fuck off u twats
Quote from: Upinsmoke
Go to sleep, but it's only 2.55am

Div

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #151 on: June 9, 2015, 11:22:44 am »
Getting back to the issue of debates being conducted at extremes of opinions. There's two things about it that get me...well, three really.

There's too many people who just want to be seen to 'win' an argument. They seem to go further out on a limb just to have a position which is clearly opposed from their foe. If you don't agree you're a c*** etc. They naturally pull debates into extremes of positions and many who have mid-ground opinions don't join in because they don't want to get abused. I've had a few people PM this to me with regard to debates in a number of threads. Too many, too often choose to make debates personal rather than about the issue(s) being discussed.

There are some people who swing wildly from the 'optimist' camp to the 'pessimist' camp (and viccy vaccy) depending on each new topic. Again, they shoot from the hip if you don't follow their mood swings.

The mod's don't help. I know it's a time consuming job, it involves judgement calls all the time and they can't read every post but... There are times when they can clearly see particular individuals stepping over the line and they go missing in action because of who that person is (IMO). Recently one of the mod's was encouraging members to report posts more, so they could get on top of things. Naturally, it's harder for them if people don't report. However, if/ when you do...you don't hear anything further about it one way or the other...so you have nothing to go on as to whether or not anything was ever done, never mind if there was a warning/ ban issued. Even worse...those who do see these abusive posts don't get to see what's acceptable or not...so it continues.
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: June 9, 2015, 03:23:28 pm »
As it goes I used to be insanely positive about the Club but the sacking of Benitez, H&G, Hodge Podge, the sacking of Kenny months after winning a trophy. FSG turning us into also rans. Is it being negative or just pointing out the bleeding obvious.

We need unity, leadership and direction and we should all be moaning and pushing for that because unless it happens we are basically fucked. So each to their own and if you are happy to accept mediocrity and the dropping of standards then fine but don't castigate people for wanting the best.

Just to be clear, this entire post is sarcasm, right ? Especially the bold part. You are just making fun of the incessant moaning  and whining, correct ?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #153 on: June 9, 2015, 03:28:54 pm »
The mod's don't help. I know it's a time consuming job, it involves judgement calls all the time and they can't read every post but... There are times when they can clearly see particular individuals stepping over the line and they go missing in action because of who that person is (IMO). Recently one of the mod's was encouraging members to report posts more, so they could get on top of things. Naturally, it's harder for them if people don't report. However, if/ when you do...you don't hear anything further about it one way or the other...so you have nothing to go on as to whether or not anything was ever done, never mind if there was a warning/ ban issued. Even worse...those who do see these abusive posts don't get to see what's acceptable or not...so it continues.

If you report to mod it will be dealt with. We all get a notification and every report is dealt with. Important issues are discussed in the 'staff room' and if relevant a post or a new thread will be put in the Feedback forum.

We don't usually contact the person who has made the report and would certainly not make a big deal out of it. The whole point of report to mod is that it's discrete and anonymous.

If you look in Feedback there are plenty of discussions about what is and is not acceptable in addition to the general site rules and guidelines.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #154 on: June 9, 2015, 03:32:22 pm »

I'm sorry but you have no idea what action is taken over reported posts - you can't see warnings, final warnings, short bans etc.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: June 9, 2015, 03:48:46 pm »
Welcome to the Internet.

Any forum you go on related to anything (football clubs, music, movies etc) will be full of moaning and complaining about said thing the forum is devoted to.
This nails it.

We're in an internet age where everyone who is having a bad day vents out their angst online. Look at the comments under any YouTube video -- it makes RAWK look like a tranquil garden!

I'm convinced that if God (the real one, not Robbie) announced that he's ending the world this weekend and taking us all up to heaven to live in eternal bliss, internet posters would be bitching about it: "Going to heaven Saturday?? I was going to play golf Saturday! WTF? He can't wait until Sunday??" or "The angel told me I'm getting one of those small grey clouds to ascend on. Why can't I get one of those big fluffy white ones?!? After all of the crap I've put up with on this earth I can't even get a decent cloud? GOD OUT!!"  :D ;)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: June 9, 2015, 03:56:45 pm »
You support the club at the game, anywhere else you talk about it. Finished 6th, shapeless on the pitch, so-so seeming signings (so far), if this involved a personal issue close to my heart I would be pissed off, narky and raising hell about it until it got sorted out. Can't do jack about the club, so keep a diplomatic lid on it here. I'm sure there are a few like me, when the honest reaction is to complain. Many do.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #157 on: June 9, 2015, 03:58:38 pm »
We just did not get the luck of the draw when it comes to ownership.

And yet the current ones are light years ahead of the previous ones.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #158 on: June 9, 2015, 04:01:58 pm »
Truth be told, soccer has become a rich man toy.

Unfortunately our owners have 2 toys and we not there favourite one.

We just did not get the luck of the draw when it comes to ownership.

Do you honestly care if they turn up to watch the matches? I know when I'm sat at Anfield it makes no difference to me what so ever if the owners are sat in the stand opposite.

Now, are you also trying to infer that they neglect the running of the club? As I'd be highly surprised if that is the case given not only do they have a legal responsibility on behalf of the investors of FSG but these are business guys with a potential £500m+ asset on their hands. I doubt it's in their nature to neglect such a thing.

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #159 on: June 9, 2015, 04:43:34 pm »
"...you have no idea what action is taken over reported posts..."

That's the whole point I was making. Nobody seems to know what, if anything, is done about posts which break the rules. Heck...we can all see them, those for whom it's just part of their everyday manner to call someone a "...c***..." etc. don't see any interventions over these things and carry on thinking it's acceptable.

I know we're getting into a side alley away from this thread but...the 'tone' of the debate to some extent has a bearing on the content/ conduct of the debate. If we want a more moderate environment for debate that doesn't swing between extremes then it might be helpful if the moderators were indeed a bit more high profile where applicable.

There's no point in telling people who's normal reaction is an impulse to be personal & abusive that if they'd kindly take the time to visit this or that place to check if your intended outburst of "...f***ing surrender monkey..." falls within the rules. If/ when these things happen, in my view the mod's should be making more of a public effort to calm people down.

I don't expect people to be publicly shamed over things that they say/ do, but I do think it would be helpful if there was more influence brought to bear on the well known regulars who's language and attitude gets in the way of moderate debate.
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk