Author Topic: Stoke 6-1 Gerrard  (Read 360652 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Stoke 6-1 Gerrard
« Reply #640 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:05 pm »
And you can, indeed, keep fucking off. Thanks.

Mitch
Everyone's angry...

Let's not all get too over excited.

Let's give time the chance to heal and let bygones be bygones eh?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:09 pm »
Rafa is proven, he's not a pipe dream. FSG should pull out all the stops to get him and ignore Ian Ayre, etc.
He loves it here, his family is here and we know he can make us kings again.

Klopp is unproven in the premier league, he wasn't responsible for the signings in Dortmund, his geggenpressing doesn't suit a lot of our players and how would it fare against the bottom half of the table? 

Klopp is a really good manager, of that i have no doubt. But he is a risk.

Rafa is a bigger risk considering how past it he is. This is not 2004.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #642 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:14 pm »
Rodgers got only himself to blame. He found something that worked for this group of players , abandoned it and will pay the price with his job. Just hope it`s anybody but Klopp. His brand of football is horrible and not compatible to how Lfc should play imo.

I'm genuinely asking this but you were saying the opposite yesterday mate. How has your opinion gone 360?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:15 pm »
Indeed. Any new manager will have his work cut out.

Our stars are leaving and the squad is terrible.

Depends how you see it. No doubt we have some weaknesses, but 2-3 players of the right quality could make a real difference. Lots of work to be done though. No question about that. Lots of exits needed.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #644 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:19 pm »
A fitting change of thread title.
My thoughts exactly. At least one good thing came of a terrible day. Well done Stevie and thank you.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:20 pm »
There is one manager who could be available. Loved living in Merseyside, knows all about following tough acts, would take the job even though he has a job waiting in Spain.
Come on FSG, you can do it, dream big.

Moyes In.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #646 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:21 pm »
Aye, obsessing over particular individuals is very odd. Very odd indeed. Odd. Indeed.

What?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #647 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:30 pm »
Great squad that underperformed, sadly.

Brendan has the potential to be a top manager - if he can learn from this season
And if he's given the chance...

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:33 pm »
Well that was surely something.

Blew a tire on the car last night, girlfriends brother called me EXACTLY at kickoff saying he's ready, this after being AWOL all fuckin day. Was rather pissed to miss the last match of the season, but turns out everything happens for a reason. I'd have suicided on the couch if i was to watch that.
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:40 pm »
Always being the optimist that I am I still think Rodgers will do much better next year were he to stay. Sad seeing those comments from him there.

It'd be hard to do worse than this managerial clusterfuck of a season.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:40 pm »
Rafa is proven, he's not a pipe dream. FSG should pull out all the stops to get him and ignore Ian Ayre, etc.

Klopp is unproven in the premier league, he wasn't responsible for the signings in Dortmund, his geggenpressing doesn't suit a lot of our players and how would it fare against the bottom half of the table? 

Spot on!
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:40 pm »
Whether people agree with BR being sacked or not, it's abundantly clear he's lost the dressing room and there's only ever one outcome when that happens.....

I want him to go & have for a while but thats no excuse for the players to piss away Stevies last few games.

Alot of the players have been just as lacking as Rodgers this season.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #652 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:40 pm »

Mitch

This isn't helpful.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #653 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:50 pm »
which is why he posts loads on rawk.
to be honest, someone like POP is great in small doses, his way of looking at the game can be engaging and stimulating but his condescending nature is too much.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #654 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:56 pm »
We can. He admires us.

Though FSG and Ayre could mess up their speech to him.
Klopp would love to manage  Liverpool but maybe not with the suffocating restrictions of working for FSG
Kenny Godglish

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #655 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:58 pm »
We have him, de Boer, maybe Benitez and maybe Ancelotti available. Not sure if any of thise would come but we have to take our chance in the summer imo and Klopp is the most likely to come
Benitez would relish it, Ancelotti is taking a year out, if he is indeed leaving. De Boer, I really don't know enough about and Klopp imo is a huge risk, though we would be better than we currently are under his tutelage.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: May 24, 2015, 05:34:06 pm »
....and finished one place lower in the league than the previous season.

Were you complaining?

I will concede that I don't expect us to change manager in the summer and for us to repeat that feat by winning the champions league next season.
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #657 on: May 24, 2015, 05:34:11 pm »
Bloody hell, lol. Some of you are obsessed.

Better looking than Samie.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #658 on: May 24, 2015, 05:34:12 pm »
Fat Sam has just come available. Wonder if we can get him? Think he be going off to Real Madrid but he might be tempted by us.  :P

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: May 24, 2015, 05:34:44 pm »
Looks like some people here couldn't wait to stick the knife into Rodgers and PoP. Classless.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: May 24, 2015, 05:34:49 pm »
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: May 24, 2015, 05:34:53 pm »
Who are these people that said we don't need goalscorers? Of course we do, many of us pointed that out in the Summer despite the objections and belief we would challenge for the title again this season.

The point is a fit Sturridge may have papered over some cracks for parts of the season but the final outcome would have been the same, you can not defend like we have done this season and expect to challenge for 4th  let alone top spot.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #662 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:15 pm »
I'm genuinely asking this but you were saying the opposite yesterday mate. How has your opinion gone 360?
I still don`t want him gone but there`s no coming back after this, he will be sacked probably even tonight. Fsg won`t ignore all the noise. He`s got only himself to blame though for putting himself into this position.

BTW - What you want to say there is 180 not 360. 360 means I`m back where I started.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:21 pm »

Mitch

Wow.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:27 pm »
Rodgers got only himself to blame. He found something that worked for this group of players , abandoned it and will pay the price with his job. Just hope it`s anybody but Klopp. His brand of football is horrible and not compatible to how Lfc should play imo.

Ditching 3 at the back so quickly after it had worked so well was strange, the injuries to key players in that system probably made the decision easier but i didn't understand it.

At this moment i think the club needs shock therapy and someone like Klopp will come in and revitalise the place by the strength of his personality, when you add to that he would also attract some top players that we badly need, if we can get him i think at this point we have to go all out for it.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #665 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:29 pm »
Gave us our best season in 25 years. Not sure it's possible to carry on. Something rotten happening.

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:30 pm »
Is Rodgers going to progress us in Europe? No. Thats been my biggest gripe since he's been here. The dossier got him a wonderful run last season but sadly it ends here.

Today is about Gerrard. Good luck and thanks for everything.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #667 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:31 pm »

The 6-1 hit him so hard that it made him go from blaming FSG to blaming Brendan.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:32 pm »
Great squad that underperformed, sadly.

Brendan has the potential to be a top manager - if he can learn from this season
And if he's given the chance...

what about NO!!
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:37 pm »
So sad to see Rodgers in that state, have a lot of respect for him, first title challenge since 09, first manager to make us 'believe' since Rafa.

Some of you have been out for him all season, but thats as much as a reflection of you, that it is Rodgers.

If Klopp comes in again, we're back to square one, again.

Another couple years before we challenge for the league title, unless the owners back him and we manage to get this summer pretty much perfect.

Or maybe the knives have come out for him when it became increasingly clear how our entire season was hinged on sturridge staying fit and balotelli not playing to form?

Much of the blame for this season has been down to Rodgers. His comments today just confirm that he has to go. How can he basically put all the blame on the team like that - basically saying "see they r hopeless like I expected them to be!" And if he foresaw it why did he play them then?!

Rodgers is more to blame than any other one person for this debacle and he has to be sacked.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #670 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:42 pm »
Why would Klopp want to join this circus?

1- Players who don't want to be here.
2- Owners who know f-all about footie.
3- A transfer committee with Ian Ayre in it.
4- Ian Ayre....

Offline guyko21

• Kopite
« Reply #671 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:56 pm »
Difficult to see BR hanging on now, especially with the likes of Rafa and Klopp being available. 

The fact is that during the last 10 games we had a great chance to secure 4th spot, and instead our stats are: won 3, lost 5, drawn 2 ... and often with woeful performances as per the first half of the season. 

The question is whether this can be a learning experience for Brendan, enabling us to kick on next time.  Unfortunately I don't think so. 

I'm not a blind Rafa fan, but he'd be my choice.  He's still young enough, would definitely be hungry enough, knows the club and how the fans tick.  Plus, he deserves a shot with better owners than he had to put up with before.  When he left I thought that it was for the wrong reasons and we (as a club) should be careful what we wished for.  For 5 years we'd become a truly feared force in Europe for the first time since the 1980s.  Now we're back to being a joke. 

Klopp did a great job with Dortmund until this season, but I think we're a very different proposition in a much more competitive league, and it would be a massive gamble that I do not think would pay off.  Rafa is the best of the others available, and at the very least we should interview him quickly (Ayre needs to swallow his pride if that is required ... LFC needs to come first and I think there's unfinished business for Rafa and LFC without romanticising the situation) before Real Madrid get him. 

Anyway, back to where we are today ... gratitude to BR for last season, but I can't help but wonder how much of that was a freak season galvanised by a peculiar confluence of circumstances. 

The fact is that our defence if anything has gone backwards from a bad situation, without SaS our attack has been toothless, and we've shown very little spirit.  Ultimately that does come down to the manager, and there are probably better ones available for LFC at this time and for the foreseeable future.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #672 on: May 24, 2015, 05:36:06 pm »

would love Rafa  back btw why is Ayre so against giving Rafa the job.
Kenny Godglish

Offline enigma

• Anny Roader
« Reply #673 on: May 24, 2015, 05:36:16 pm »
This was dreadful and Brendan obviously looks shell shocked by how it's gone, but unless we've got a top drawer manager waiting in the wings, then I'd still keep him.

No changing things for the sake of it.  Either get Klopp or Benitez or Ancelotti or Carver, or don't bother.

Awful today - no other words - playing the season pretty much with no striker hasn't helped and constant changing of formations either.  Not sure getting in a new manager is the answer or if just looking for a quick fix - reality is that the top 4 are a long way financially ahead of us and the gaps getting wider - doesn't help that we really have bought in some terrible players over the last couple of years whilst losing some of our best.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: May 24, 2015, 05:36:18 pm »
I've just cracked into the MDMA.

Should take the edge off things.
I need to snort a line the size of the Great Wall of China to get over today.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: May 24, 2015, 05:36:24 pm »
Benitez would relish it, Ancelotti is taking a year out, if he is indeed leaving. De Boer, I really don't know enough about and Klopp imo is a huge risk, though we would be better than we currently are under his tutelage.

What risk? We'd finish 7th at worst in this shite league with any half decent manager. There's really no risk given where we are.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #676 on: May 24, 2015, 05:36:26 pm »
Gave us our best season in 25 years. Not sure it's possible to carry on. Something rotten happening.
Better than winning the Champions League?

Better than winning five cups in six months?

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: May 24, 2015, 05:36:33 pm »
Bloody hell, lol. Some of you are obsessed.

Mad isn't it. They've convinced themselves that you are Rodgers and that therefore you deserve all the bile.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #678 on: May 24, 2015, 05:36:35 pm »
Unable to watch the game due to exams due in a couple of days, but how on earth did this happen? :o

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #679 on: May 24, 2015, 05:36:42 pm »
Everyone's angry...

Let's not all get too over excited.

Let's give time the chance to heal and let bygones be bygones eh?

Right now I count 5 posters with personal attacks so far?

But that seems to be okay apparently, Tepid.
Better looking than Samie.