Author Topic: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0  (Read 158421 times)

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
Re: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #1040 on: April 29, 2015, 12:44:47 am »
with Suarez in the side me Uncle Eddie could have got us a top 4 finish....and he's been dead for 10 years

:D
Maybe we should give Luis a call, ask him to come back as player manager? Though he might say no to that since its fairly clear he already did that last season.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: April 29, 2015, 12:48:05 am »
He's been here 3 years. 6 transfer windows. He built this fucking squad! If it's that shit it's his fault. You get that free pass in your first season as it's not your really your squad yet but he can't hide behind not having the players in his third fucking year.

I've been behind Rodgers, but it's looking like he just ain't that good.  I think you're right, it's hiding behind players.  This was Hull, not Chelsea or Arsenal.  Does anyone honestly believe our squad is worse than Hull?  I don't.   I think our manager may be out of his depth.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline doles83

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1042 on: April 29, 2015, 12:52:13 am »
Whoa, whoa whoa. With the way Mignolet has been playing since that New Years ball dropped he is the ONE player at this club that was previously under heavy fire that deserves none.

Honestly at this stage if all clubs in world football had to start over and do a draft, the only ones I'd want to keep at Liverpool are Simon Mignolet, Martin Skrtel and Phillipe Coutinho

You think skrtel should be the spine of the side? A 30 year old who has been here 5 years and hasn't  developed into any sort of leader. He never attacks the ball and his style of defending has always been open to question. As for mig, you're defending him on the basis of a few months... Ye he's been better but I'm talking about having a fixed, reliable spine to the side...  He hasn't established himself and there's definitely still questions. For example when rafa came in...he signed reina and converted carra to cb.... Start of a rock solid spine with quality,reliability and leadership in abundance

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1043 on: April 29, 2015, 12:53:55 am »
How many pathetically abject performances is that now in the last month or so? How is the manager STILL not getting players up for it or realising the same things are going wrong!?

Seems a lot have lost patience with him.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: April 29, 2015, 12:54:42 am »
I've been behind Rodgers, but it's looking like he just ain't that good.  I think you're right, it's hiding behind players.  This was Hull, not Chelsea or Arsenal.  Does anyone honestly believe our squad is worse than Hull?  I don't.   I think our manager may be out of his depth.

Let's put it this way - it's 1 point from 2 matches. 2 matches against WBA and Hull. Next up QPR

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1045 on: April 29, 2015, 12:57:16 am »
We'll twat QPR.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: April 29, 2015, 12:58:19 am »
I don't want Brendan gone. I really don't.

I am devastated. He is a good man with the very best of intentions for the club and he gets it. It's not his personality I'm supporting him for, but last year in particular. I always said I would back him in times of trouble.

There's major issues with the transfer recruitment of which he also needs to take responsibility for, but I've seen plenty of evidence that with the right players, he has taken them to new heights and can get them to perform beyond the call of duty. Sadly, there's not enough good enough players in Liverpool.

It's very depressing, and whatever happens to him whether it's at Liverpool or anywhere, I will always back him. I will never forget the thrill of last seasons football and if Liverpool lose him, then he's another clubs gain. It's so so so sad that in today's footballing world, the arrogant aloof players with no regard for the club get away scot free while the manager - the man who puts his blood, sweat and tears into the club - is told to fuck off from the players with vitriol and anger that is not seen towards players or senior management, which perhaps it should be directed at first and foremost.

It's what football has become today sadly and it's guy wrenching. It consumerist culture gone mad with no loyalty or any virtue left with fans or club.  :-[

Offline doles83

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1047 on: April 29, 2015, 12:58:32 am »
Mate, it is a cliche that has been accepted as a fact for a long, long while. Ever since the Italian media declared him as a talent of Messi proportions, the myth has continued. I have watched footie games with commentaries from different countries, and all keep repeating it like zombies. Even if the guy is having a terrible, terrible game.

Having Raiola as your agent, and Italian media as your supporter, it seems, you are guaranteed to be a millionaire footballer even if you are totally crap. But people get fooled, when I was writing here that it is a bad move, there were a lot of people on here saying that I am blind who cannot see a talent ;D And the same people are now calling Balotelli names. It is not his fault that he is crap, but professionals like Rodgers and the transfer committee should know better.

In general though, it is best to avoid Serie A as a footballing market. The presidents are crazy, they manage to sell absolute dross for top dollars. How on earth a limited player like Kolarov could cost 16 million pounds? Or Aquilani? Or Balotelli? I know there is a huge competition in the market, but there are cheap leagues like the Dutch league, and there are expensive leagues like the English, Italian and Portuguese leagues. No matter who you buy, in the latter leagues, they sell it for really really high price.

Couldn't agree  more. He's one of the greatest con artists in the history of sport. He's actually never done anything to show that at any point he'll be a reliable, quality, consistent goalscorer... His reputation is beyond belief and has been perpetuated by the brain dead media

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: April 29, 2015, 12:58:53 am »
We'll twat QPR.
It's been so long, i've forgotten what a twat is.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: April 29, 2015, 12:59:01 am »
Im a fan of the manager but he has to have some responsibility in whats happened with our striking options this season.

They had plenty of time to find suitable players we ended up with probably the most unsuitable players for the way he likes to play that we
could have got, he has to take a lot of the blame for that.

Nobody could imagine Sturridge would miss so many games but we all knew his injury record.

In hindsight we probably would have been better served playing Borini as our main striker after the Sturridge injury despite his limitations, he has good movement, works hard for the team and does get into some good goalscoring positions, if he'd started all the games Sturridge was injured for i think he'd have got more goals than Sterling has managed, and even though he's not good enough for what we need i think he'd be our top goalscorer had that happened.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: April 29, 2015, 01:00:31 am »
;D

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #1051 on: April 29, 2015, 01:01:01 am »
ahh well, this gaff??
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: April 29, 2015, 01:01:02 am »
We were basically shit with 4 at the back, we switched to 3 at the back and we were good again so why are we back to 4 defenders? It makes no fucking sense at all.
3-4-3 and Sterling up front. Sure we may miss a few chances but at least it will give us a chance and it will provide us something to build from. Now its just utter crap. I really dont know what the fuck Rodgers is doing. We need to get our shit together and get some wins because we are now fighting for an Europa League spot.

Its really hard to look up to next season without major changes and Im afraid that has to include the manager. We gave him a fair chance and I defended him to dead during November but we really are going nowhere.

Rodgers clearly said that if you spend 100 million pounds on transfers you should challenge for the league on August, you cant backpedal now and say fifth is par or something. Im sorry, its just not acceptable. If this club has any real intention of actually challenging for major honous first we need a guy that can compete with the best and there are not one but two clearly better managers in the market. We need to be ruthless here.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: April 29, 2015, 01:02:15 am »
We'll twat QPR.

We'd be hard pushed to fucking twat Queen Of The South at this rate.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: April 29, 2015, 01:02:24 am »
There's absolutely no nous in midfield in breaking down packed defences.
Apart from Cout, no one seems to have any keys.
On top of that No Goals from midfielders.

How much is the Hull team worth?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: April 29, 2015, 01:03:07 am »
Its not about losing to Hull City, every top team loses to relegation fodder now and then. If we play 3 at the back and Sterling misses two sitters and we lose then we bemoan our lack of natural goalscorers and look forward to the next season. If we play the formation that saw us in relegation form after Sturrdige got injured then we are looking at more deeper and structural problems.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1056 on: April 29, 2015, 01:03:34 am »
Google "LFC CEO".

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: April 29, 2015, 01:04:05 am »
We were basically shit with 4 at the back, we switched to 3 at the back and we were good again so why are we back to 4 defenders? It makes no fucking sense at all.
3-4-3 and Sterling up front. Sure we may miss a few chances but at least it will give us a chance and it will provide us something to build from. Now its just utter crap. I really dont know what the fuck Rodgers is doing. We need to get our shit together and get some wins because we are now fighting for an Europa League spot.

Its really hard to look up to next season without major changes and Im afraid that has to include the manager. We gave him a fair chance and I defended him to dead during November but we really are going nowhere.

Rodgers clearly said that if you spend 100 million pounds on transfers you should challenge for the league on August, you cant backpedal now and say fifth is par or something. Im sorry, its just not acceptable. If this club has any real intention of actually challenging for major honous first we need a guy that can compete with the best and there are not one but two clearly better managers in the market. We need to be ruthless here.

If Arsenal wins the FA Cup, then 7th gets Europa.
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: April 29, 2015, 01:05:57 am »
With Glen Johnson ahead of him in the pecking order, I'd give him a leave pass for the greenery.

Seriously though, I can't understand how the kid hasn't been given a consistent run in our team, given the way we've been playing. When he does play, he's usually hooked at half time, not to mention being played out of position most the year. Honestly think there's a player in there.
He's the "easy sub." I still think he's a fantastic prospect - vision, pace (apparently Sturridge, I think, said he's the fastest at the club), nice touch, tactically astute - and would give him a go centrally with a partner (ideally Sterling) during this goal drought. The season's over now, what's the harm?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: April 29, 2015, 01:06:18 am »
Looking like we need other top teams to do the job for us. Albeit for fodder
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: April 29, 2015, 01:06:30 am »

If, if they dont Aston Villa gets it. Thereby we are fighting for an Europa League spot. Spurs are 7 goals away and the Saints only one point behind with better GD. The players need to stop their bullshit and make sure we get that spot and they shoudnt think they are too good for the Europa when they can barely handle Ludogorets and were beaten by Basle and Beşiktaş.

edit: Spurs are only 4 goals away.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:11:04 am by alvaro »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: April 29, 2015, 01:07:07 am »
We'll twat QPR.

2 matches and 0 goals but we will twat QPR?

We could be still playing now and we wouldn't of scored.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: April 29, 2015, 01:08:43 am »
Bit shit, aren't we at the moment. Can't see this season getting any better, hopefully grind out some wins and we regroup in the summer.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: April 29, 2015, 01:09:52 am »

At home and after Newcastle, I reckon they're the worst side in the league. Suspect we'll win but nothing is for certain. Possibly another 0-0.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline creed111

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1064 on: April 29, 2015, 01:12:15 am »
You think skrtel should be the spine of the side? A 30 year old who has been here 5 years and hasn't  developed into any sort of leader. He never attacks the ball and his style of defending has always been open to question. As for mig, you're defending him on the basis of a few months... Ye he's been better but I'm talking about having a fixed, reliable spine to the side...  He hasn't established himself and there's definitely still questions. For example when rafa came in...he signed reina and converted carra to cb.... Start of a rock solid spine with quality,reliability and leadership in abundance

No, I'm just saying on a day like today, the few players who have not only played well, but played with passion don't need to be lumped into our (me included) mindless blabbering and vitriol. Save that for our physios and lunch ladies like Bayern might do
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

- Tyrion

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #1065 on: April 29, 2015, 01:14:17 am »

Nah we'll win 2-0 and get told everything is fine and dandy at the club.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: April 29, 2015, 01:15:02 am »
At home and after Newcastle, I reckon they're the worst side in the league. Suspect we'll win but nothing is for certain. Possibly another 0-0.

If QPR lose then they're as good as down. QPR will give it everything.

Normally it would be easy but we're so poor at the moment that QPR will be confident going into this.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: April 29, 2015, 01:15:21 am »

:thumbup Let's win the Wenger Cup.

If QPR lose then they're as good as down. QPR will give it everything.

Normally it would be easy but we're so poor at the moment that QPR will be confident going into this.

Still think we'll have enough, unless Lovren decides to make Bobby Zamora look like Zlatan again. (Very possible.)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:17:20 am by Kopenhagen »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: April 29, 2015, 01:16:29 am »

Yeah more than likely.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #1069 on: April 29, 2015, 01:16:40 am »
:thumbup Let's win the Wenger Cup.

"If United lose these two games and this one here, and lose to Arsenal, and we win the rest of ours like last year..."
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1070 on: April 29, 2015, 01:18:50 am »

Where's your sense of adventure?

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: April 29, 2015, 01:25:44 am »
Well, that was a pile of wank.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1072 on: April 29, 2015, 01:36:58 am »
He's the "easy sub." I still think he's a fantastic prospect - vision, pace (apparently Sturridge, I think, said he's the fastest at the club), nice touch, tactically astute - and would give him a go centrally with a partner (ideally Sterling) during this goal drought. The season's over now, what's the harm?

No harm whatsoever. Give the kid a license.

People talking about our striking debacle. I think there's a more important question to ask and that's our formation.

Why have we reverted to a back four again? How many points have we picked up in this formation? I'd say less than 20. That in itself is quite damning.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: April 29, 2015, 01:43:53 am »
My worry is Rodgers has been given assurances already that he is manager next season no matter what and the return to the failed multiple times system, as outlined in his dossier and attempted, before being abandoned, at the start of every season is just Rodgers getting a head start on attempt number whatever to make it work.
So essentially this is preseason and then we buy to fit the 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 again this summer.
Problem is the players aren't stupid, they understand how shit we were at the start of the season, suddenly going back to it after we had some success after abandoning it results in the timid unsure performances we are seeing again.
I have never pushed for Rodgers to leave, but if the grand plan is to simply try and force a failed plan again, when our only good football each season of the Rodgers reign has happened after we have abandoned it, then we may as well sack him now because we will be in a year, or less, anyway.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #1074 on: April 29, 2015, 01:48:24 am »
we weren't THAT bad.  that run by johnson was a real rolling-back-the-years moment (i thought it was moreno at first on my terrible stream - i didn't think glenson could run that fast).

also, that henderson effort was, in isolation, a real thing of beauty.  a perfect pass, a smart piece of improvisation and a shot arrowing towards the corner, and a nimble dive from an ancient keeper.  but as it was our only shot of note in the entire game, the moment won't get the appreciation it deserves.

fourth is looking a little more unlikely now, but there is no way on earth rodgers is losing his job this summer or even next most likely, barring a major catastrophe like a bottom half finish or something.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: April 29, 2015, 01:51:16 am »
we weren't THAT bad.  that run by johnson was a real rolling-back-the-years moment (i thought it was moreno at first on my terrible stream - i didn't think glenson could run that fast).

First half we weren't that bad.
Second half we were DEFINITELY that bad. That Henderson chance was by a mile the closest we came to scoring.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: April 29, 2015, 01:52:33 am »
Why do we go through these runs? Rafa's final season, Kenny's final season, now this season.

Doesn't make any sense to me :(

It's almost like everyone involved is complicit in it

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #1077 on: April 29, 2015, 01:55:28 am »
My worry is Rodgers has been given assurances already that he is manager next season no matter what and the return to the failed multiple times system, as outlined in his dossier and attempted, before being abandoned, at the start of every season is just Rodgers getting a head start on attempt number whatever to make it work.
So essentially this is preseason and then we buy to fit the 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 again this summer.
Problem is the players aren't stupid, they understand how shit we were at the start of the season, suddenly going back to it after we had some success after abandoning it results in the timid unsure performances we are seeing again.
I have never pushed for Rodgers to leave, but if the grand plan is to simply try and force a failed plan again, when our only good football each season of the Rodgers reign has happened after we have abandoned it, then we may as well sack him now because we will be in a year, or less, anyway.

If the committee continues to foist players on him, rather discuss who would best fit the system, then the merry go round will continue.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: April 29, 2015, 02:03:25 am »

Regardless, if Rodgers was responsible then we shouldn't let him touch transfers. Same with the committee. Whatever it is we can still make the changes to ensure we don't waste as much money again.

O

unfortunately, this is a SIGNIFICANT part of the job remit - for Rodgers and the Committee.  Unfortunately, I think we have gotten bogged down with the argument about how the system works, why we ended up with the players we did, who is responsible, etc.  The reality is, we have performed poorly for 2/3 of the season.  Not just failed to score, but performed poorly AND failed to score enough goals.  The players we have in the squad have not performed well as a group.  In a game, this happens.  During a down turn in form this happens.  Over a season, you then draw broader conclusions.  Firstly, whether the players are good enough.  Secondly, whether the manager has got enough out of the players.  Thirdly, if the players not good enough then how did we end up with a squad that is not good enough.

To move on and be perform better you have to identify what you have been good at, and build on it.  You have also to work out what you are not good at, and compensate for it or work on it so it does not impact.  And you have to identify mistakes, remove them, and then take actions to ensure the likelihood of those errors occurring again is lowered.
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: April 29, 2015, 02:03:53 am »
i'm afraid that last season "success" came too early for Rodgers, obviously he wasn't ready for that
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"