Author Topic: FT: LFC 1-2 MUFC  (Read 206331 times)

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FT: LFC 1-2 MUFC
« Reply #1760 on: March 23, 2015, 08:51:44 am »
Luis Suarez destroyed Real Madrid today with  a magnificent goal.
If he was still playing for us we would have a great team/

Offline El_Pelusa_10

• Kopite
  • Diego Armando Maradona-Greatest Player Of All Time
« Reply #1761 on: March 23, 2015, 08:52:39 am »
Liverpool should never let Luisito go...

Jesus Christ......

as if we had a fuckin choice in the matter....

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1762 on: March 23, 2015, 08:54:09 am »
Woken up, had to walk to work this morning as I'm still rather drunk, slightly late, forgot my work shoes and in trainers..

Luckily as I was late I missed the welcoming party in reception!

Still majorly fucked off, we've really screwed up the charge for 4th place I recon

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1763 on: March 23, 2015, 08:56:20 am »
I can see where you are coming from, but i also believe there were games when sterling was playing up front where we didnt' perform very well i.e Burnley away and others where we played well but lacked the cutting edge and/or ability to finish off chances (i.e Bolton home in FA cup).

I definitely agree with you that Sterling presses much better up up front and Sturridge has lacked that in the central role up front since his return, but we simply cannot afford to not have Daniel Sturridge in the starting 11 purely due to his ability to score goals.

Therefore in my simple and humble opinion, the solution is the following: come next season we must revert back to a diamond formation to solve our problems, as Sturridge performs better in a 2 man striker force and we need Raheem higher up the pitch focussing on his attacking aspect more than the defensive one he has to contend with in the wing back role. I also believe the signing of Origi, and possibly Ings or an additional striker highlights Brendan's intent to revert back to a formation similiar to the second half of last season.

Make no mistake about it the 3-4-3 formation has suited our current group of players better and has come with its benefits, especially our ability to defend better and concede less goals however i think this formation should be a back up formation rather than our main one.

I think we're on the same page.

I would say however that the Burnley game was the game where Brendan seemed to discover the 3-4-3 with Emre Can dropping back alongside Skrtel and sahko. So until that point in time we'd not really had the base structure which has been serving us so well since.

Whatever the case the Daniel we have right now just isn't what any team let alone us needs up top. The daniel of White hart lane early season is a different matter altogether. Shit hot and a real menace. Daniel just now is a fair bit away from that level. In tandem with sterling it could be an entirely different proposition over the next clutch of games.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1764 on: March 23, 2015, 08:56:35 am »
Still cant shake off the pissed off feeling I have. Hate it when just just don't turn up like that.

Same here mate.

I'm well pissed off. One of the biggest matches of our season with so much meaning to the game and we froze.

It's clear to me that our Young players and manager need some experience to help them.

Carrick bossed our midfield and Rodgers messed up by 1) starting with the system and 2) not changing it after 20 mins or so when we were truely getting battered.

It wasn't good enough.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1765 on: March 23, 2015, 08:56:49 am »
Luis Suarez destroyed Real Madrid today with  a magnificent goal.
If he was still playing for us we would have a great team/

;D

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #1766 on: March 23, 2015, 08:57:49 am »
Woken up, had to walk to work this morning as I'm still rather drunk, slightly late, forgot my work shoes and in trainers..

Luckily as I was late I missed the welcoming party in reception!

Still majorly fucked off, we've really screwed up the charge for 4th place I recon

It's not over yet 5pt gap and 8 games, we've made it harder for ourselves but we're liverpool we always do things the hard way.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1767 on: March 23, 2015, 08:59:31 am »
Brendan has to show his worth big time between now and end of season, I believe he can do a job for us let's hope the powers that be think the same.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1768 on: March 23, 2015, 08:59:51 am »
Horrible feeling waking up this morning, esp as the boss is a United fan......!

I just hate it whwn our boys dont bother turning up thinking a few fancy flicks and Cruyuff turns will win the match......

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1769 on: March 23, 2015, 09:01:19 am »
45 pages eh?

I decided to have a small tipple or two yesterday after the game to put it behind me, I am now wishing I didn't have work today.

I don't think Rodgers deserves any blame for the result - whatever our tactics were for the first half I don't think "totally forget how to pass the ball" could have been one of them. And we never got to see what his changes might have done for us in the 2nd half. Moreno cost us in the first half, Stevie in the 2nd, but my god Atkinson was a total twat the entire game.

Well done Mignolet on the penalty save. Which was never a pen btw.

I'm gutted.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1770 on: March 23, 2015, 09:03:30 am »
I think we're on the same page.

I would say however that the Burnley game was the game where Brendan seemed to discover the 3-4-3 with Emre Can dropping back alongside Skrtel and sahko. So until that point in time we'd not really had the base structure which has been serving us so well since.

Whatever the case the Daniel we have right now just isn't what any team let alone us needs up top. The daniel of White hart lane early season is a different matter altogether. Shit hot and a real menace. Daniel just now is a fair bit away from that level. In tandem with sterling it could be an entirely different proposition over the next clutch of games.

Thing is though with Sterling we get pressing and he was a bit sharper but we were not really scoring many goals and is no way a long term proposition. We need Sturridge to click into this system, get confidence back in his body and get scoring again. He is scoring and he will get better.

We need to take a long term view of things as well. I for one am not that bothered about top 4 and I believe we can challenge for the title next season. What better way then to ensure we bed everything this season, get people used to the system and go for it next season.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1771 on: March 23, 2015, 09:08:00 am »
I agree Rodgers shouldn't get any of the blame. The players weren't playing well so he looked to change it up a bit at half time, like we did against Swansea in an attempt to get control of the game.

Unfortunately, Gerrard getting that instant red card pretty much threw any game plan he had out the window and he had to adjust yet again.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1772 on: March 23, 2015, 09:11:57 am »
I agree Rodgers shouldn't get any of the blame. The players weren't playing well so he looked to change it up a bit at half time, like we did against Swansea in an attempt to get control of the game.

Unfortunately, Gerrard getting that instant red card pretty much threw any game plan he had out the window and he had to adjust yet again.

Rodgers management in the game was piss poor.

Jose would of changed and brought a sub on after about 20 mins. It was clear to be seen that what he started with wasn't working and we needed something different.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1773 on: March 23, 2015, 09:22:00 am »
Yesterday was one of very few times we looked absolutely clueless, and the fact that this went on for 90 minutes frightened me a little. The sending off definitely didn't help and when you're chasing the game then it's alot tougher but tactically we didn't match up. It was obvious for the first 15-20 minutes that things weren't working - just don't see why we didn't change things then.

So many players had poor games - Moreno especially. Collectively they are all to blame.

It's all well and good having players who are interchangeable, flexible and can play in any position but all the best teams have had masters of their positions and we don't have enough of those. We have too many players who can 'do a job'.

When your game is based on pressing hard and high and you don't make any attempt to do that, then you're fucked. When that was evident after 20 minutes I would have tried something different - moved Sterling upfront with Sturridge, Coutinho inbehind, Can in midfield and perhaps Johnson on for Lallana. Hindsight is great etc... but we were all calling for a change after 20 minutes.

Very disappointing result and performance.

The fact we have to go to the Emirates next makes it hard for me as it's never a ground we do well at. Time to change that lads.

EDIT: I thought Sakho was brilliant though.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:26:05 am by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Offline thx4thememeories

• Main Stander
« Reply #1774 on: March 23, 2015, 09:31:11 am »
Rodgers management in the game was piss poor.

Jose would of changed and brought a sub on after about 20 mins. It was clear to be seen that what he started with wasn't working and we needed something different.

exactly to allow the team to get dominated for 45 minutes is just poor decision making. i also find it strange that we cant change to a formation or make small positional changes during play with instruction from the management.

Offline Paddock.

• Main Stander
  • Heart as big as my hometown.
« Reply #1775 on: March 23, 2015, 09:31:25 am »
What's annoying me more this morning is the nonce filming for the worldwide Snapchat story during You'll Never Walk Alone, and at many points during the match. I am of course guilty of having said application, but at Anfield? Fuck off.
'Football works in cycles... Liverpool will be back.'

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #1776 on: March 23, 2015, 09:32:29 am »
Gerrard's stupidity costing us and not for the first time. Great player in his time but he has clearly not been up to it for a couple of seasons now. Roll on next season

Utter dogshit.
You don't get a perfect player - he's had many memorable moments where his will to win has dragged us to glory and many more where his will to win has been the only bright light in amongst far poorer players and performances. It was a stupid challenge and he knows it, we know it and the so do the press and all the other gobshites that support other teams. FFS he's our captain and either the greatest we've ever had or one of. Spoilt fucking rotten we are.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1777 on: March 23, 2015, 09:33:30 am »
I said a few weeks ago that I wanted silverware over 4th. Call me old school but if we win the cup I will be happier than getting CL. I don't think we're anywhere near doing well in the CL anyway

I agree actually. Think it will do us better in the long run to get a trophy under the belt rather than have a repeat of what we did in the Champions League this season.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #1778 on: March 23, 2015, 09:33:43 am »
Brendan has to show his worth big time between now and end of season, I believe he can do a job for us let's hope the powers that be think the same.

Brendan has already proved his worth mate.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1779 on: March 23, 2015, 09:36:06 am »
Thing is though with Sterling we get pressing and he was a bit sharper but we were not really scoring many goals and is no way a long term proposition. We need Sturridge to click into this system, get confidence back in his body and get scoring again. He is scoring and he will get better.

We need to take a long term view of things as well. I for one am not that bothered about top 4 and I believe we can challenge for the title next season. What better way then to ensure we bed everything this season, get people used to the system and go for it next season.

Challenging for the league while playing Thursday Europa League football is going to be a very difficult task.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1780 on: March 23, 2015, 09:38:23 am »
Challenging for the league while playing Thursday Europa League football is going to be a very difficult task.

I don't see us taking the Europa seriously if we are doing well in the league.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1781 on: March 23, 2015, 09:38:46 am »

Can't argue with that at all with next season as the criterion KH.

My own take has the top 4 this season as its basic premise and with Sterling up top the performance levels were up several notches and that meant chances were far more likely to be created if not finished off. As I said in my earlier post perhaps he can play the two lads in tandem. One thing's for sure it isn't working anywhere near as well right now with just Daniel at the head.

Offline AnfieldCat

• All Hail the Sworn Enemy of WoodisonDog!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1782 on: March 23, 2015, 09:41:05 am »
It's not over yet 5pt gap and 8 games, we've made it harder for ourselves but we're liverpool we always do things the hard way.

Yeah but that was probably said after the Crystal Palace game last season, I can't help but feel we have cocked it up big time again. Its so fucking annoying. Last season the league is ours to win yet we blow it in spectacular fashion at Palace then the chance yesterday to get in the top 4 for the first time this season, push our biggest rivals out of it and yet we go out and play like an absolutely bewildered pub team and then the most experienced player of all comes on and lasts less than a minute. Its unbelievable and it doesn't sting any less this morning.  :no

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #1783 on: March 23, 2015, 09:41:08 am »

we deffo have no problems getting knocked out early as we have shown time and again, that should be the least of our worries.

priority should be hit the ground running and sustain the rythem.
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1784 on: March 23, 2015, 09:44:31 am »
Still cant shake off the pissed off feeling I have. Hate it when just just don't turn up like that.

I'm with you on that one, mate. Just a horrible feeling at the pit of my stomach that we really didn't do ourselves justice. Champions League qualification is absolutely massive for both clubs prospects and yesterdays game felt pivotal in that regard. I said before the game that it was a 'must not lose' rather than a 'must win'. A draw kept us within touching distance, and with their run-in, we still had every chance. To lose though, would have been a huge blow, and so it panned out. Five points the gap now with the respective sides facing Villa at Old Trafford and Arsenal at the Emirates next. We have to win that now to have any chance at all in my opinion, and that's a big ask, particularly given our performance levels in recent weeks. Realistically, five points could very easily become eight there. Yes i'm dejected at this point and yes, i'm probably commenting whilst still emotionally clouded, but I just can't see a way back for us from yesterdays result.

When we took Arsenal apart last season you knew we'd finished them off, despite them being ahead of us still. It felt that significant. Well, that's how it felt for me in reverse yesterday. For United, well, they couldn't have asked for a better ten days. They've effectively closed the door on their two closest challengers, and they've done it in an impressive manner to boot. That sticks in the throat to say, but credit where it's due. They're finding form and momentum at the right time, and when they really needed it.

Ultimately though, it wasn't yesterday that has potentially cost us. Our run from December 16th to now should have all but secured a top four spot, but instead it's simply been pulling us back from an utterly horrendous starting point, thanks to the woeful opening four months of the season. That is the period that will need to be dissected come May. Not yesterday.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1785 on: March 23, 2015, 09:45:34 am »
Good... good ... good we are building something great... ok need some fine tuning but all right ... good ... good we're doing great... good...  lost !@$#*OMG WTF IS GOING ON SACK THE TEAM, DESTROY FULL SEASON WASTED SELL EVERYBODY TRANSITIONS ... good, we're improving ... ok, need to pickup but nothing bad... good, our team is awesome ....great, omg we're poetry in motion .... lost MF !@$#*@ HOW THE F* DID WE LOSE PLAYER ABC NOT GOOD ENOUGH BRENDAN OUT...
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1786 on: March 23, 2015, 09:50:33 am »
Can't argue with that at all with next season as the criterion KH.

My own take has the top 4 this season as its basic premise and with Sterling up top the performance levels were up several notches and that meant chances were far more likely to be created if not finished off. As I said in my earlier post perhaps he can play the two lads in tandem. One thing's for sure it isn't working anywhere near as well right now with just Daniel at the head.

I don't think Sterling has adapted to that position behind the front 2 just yet. Granted he has only played that way against Beşiktaş and off the bench in that position in the first leg, briefly against Swansea and City etc. but it hasn't looked natural. Maybe we should try him up front and Sturridge withdrawn.

I think we might see Sturridge and Origi up front next season, with Coutinho in behind and Ibe and Moreno pushed well high up next season, particularly if Sterling leaves.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: March 23, 2015, 09:51:17 am »
Brendan has already proved his worth mate.
And that is why he has to show it again for us, and he will that I am sure starting next week at Arsenal.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1788 on: March 23, 2015, 09:53:53 am »
I know you're completely obsessed with the entire knee-jerk thing  ;D  but judging by your post above I presume you missed my response to one of your earlier posts. Here it is.

Should we dismantle everything that was good during the last solid run of games - included a win against the reigning champions, no less - just because yesterday's result didn't go our way?

What happened to the 'future is bright, is red' confidence that preceeded the match?

I think you have to go a bit deeper K-O.

I posted what I'm about to say in more detail a few pages back but it's worth i think raising the issue again since a] it's absolutely crucial to the remaining games if we're serious about keping alive the now significantly dwindling chance of top four and b] the significance of it seems to have been overlooked

The run to which you refer has, in broad terms, two distinct phases. Pre Daniel and post Daniel.

Pre-daniel with Sterling on fire up front central and Coutinho also nigh unplayable we looked pretty awesome and the results came from performances that merited those results due to some impressive offensive play. It included the Man City game to which you refer. I think Daniel came on for markovich late on in the game.

Post Daniel we've continued getting the results but it has not been on the back of the same overall level of performance and has depended to a large part on brilliant goalkeeping and brilliant individual goals from Coutinho and Henderson with a clutch from Sturridge too of course.

The worrying aspect is that since coming back Sturridge has settled into the groove of a performance level that is simply not providing anything like the energy and spark that Sterling was providing in the same role in the earlier part of the run. I know he has scored during this time - and he remains a brilliant striker and our only real striker worthy of the name at this time - but on his own in that central front attacking role in overall terms he is just not providing what we need and that absence of what we do need seems to be filtering back through the team.

The fact it has coincided with Ibe's injury and an apparent form dip from Markovich who doesn't even seem to be coming into contention for selection right now doesn't help. Also it's clear Sterling out wide is providing nothing like the contribution he was delivering when in that central front attacking role. So there's a bit of a double even triple whammy going on.

A month or so ago in terms of performance levels we were beginning to look like the best team around. This past four or five games - despite positive results [yesterday apart] we look nothing like it. I feel myself it's a knock on effect from the introduction and perseverence with the currently [I'm sure it's only a temporary thing] inneffectual Daniel. I've not heard or read or more significantly seen evidence of anything which provides any insight that it's anything other than that. But the fact remains whether i'm right or wrong there's a stark difference between the two spells in terms of overall performance levels. At a time when it seems we were brewing very nicely we suddenly went off the boil.

And right now we need to do what we can to bring it back to the boil. Perhaps Daniel and Sterling in tandem. Or back to that City game set up with just Sterling supported by Coutinho and whoever. Whatever the case I feel we need Sterling back in that central role whilst Sturridge rekindles that amazing level of form he showed earlier in the season at White hart lane just prior to the injury.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #1789 on: March 23, 2015, 09:53:57 am »
Liverpool should never let Luisito go...

Absurd. Rose let Jack go and she did alright for herself. He was fairly useless at that point but.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1790 on: March 23, 2015, 09:54:23 am »
This was our first loss of 2015 and we're coming towards the end of March. We've had to put together an incredible run to get within the fight. The level in quality of the bottom half of the league hasn't been helping our cause because our rivals have all been picking up decent points at the same point.

IF we miss out on the top 4, the first half of the season is to blame and it's something we need to look at. But this is why I back Brendan to eventually get us that elusive league title as long as we stick with him. He can get title-winning form out of the team. We just need to be in a good competitive position outside of that to really make it mean something, rather than using it to play catch-up.

These last 8 games are going to be very interesting for us and a real challenge for Brendan. We seem to be coming out our hot form a little bit so I think this international break is a bit of a blessing for him. It sucks hard for us as fans but it gives him a bit of extra time to freshen us up tactically. A good charity game in the middle of it also to boost the morale of the fans. A bit of a chance to reset and start to build some momentum once again. We have Ibe and Lucas coming back after the break and I feel both could be key players for us in this last run-in.

Offline marto

• Main Stander
« Reply #1791 on: March 23, 2015, 09:55:12 am »
The commentators on nbcSn and Sky (esp. Neville) kept insisting that our goal was a deflection, an "optical illusion" as one of them said.
Apparently De Gea CAN NOT be beaten, not in this world, unless there's a deflection.  ::)

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1792 on: March 23, 2015, 09:59:16 am »
I know you're completely obsessed with the entire knee-jerk thing  ;D  but judging by your post above I presume you missed my response to one of your earlier posts. Here it is.
I'm fine with a well-reasoned thought, Timbo. :wave

And yeah I missed it - can't be bothered to trawl through 30 pages of anger.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1793 on: March 23, 2015, 09:59:23 am »
There is no papering over it. This game was absolutely massive. In it's own way just as important as the Chelsea home game last season and we blew it. Manu throw a shit load of money at their problems to get back into the CL and being back in the CL they will throw a shit load of money at the problem again and kick on. We fucked up badly and the long term implications of that fuck up is almost too frightening to think about. It blows my mind that for such defining game we weren't up for it in the first half.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1794 on: March 23, 2015, 09:59:32 am »
Sterling played at the tip of the diamond loads during the run in last season. He plays it really well.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #1795 on: March 23, 2015, 10:01:57 am »
Possibly

Also possible we may have won 5-0 if I didn't step on that butterfly last week.

Butterfly..? In March..?
Global warming.

Stevie to blame. Rodgers out.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1796 on: March 23, 2015, 10:04:31 am »
Sturridge needs players in and around him. I think he is badly struggling as the lone striker and it isn't a given that a fully fit Sturridge fares any better with a lack of support. Sterling at wing back just kills his productivity dead. And as TAW said, there is no point having Lallana up front if all the play is going through Coutinho.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1797 on: March 23, 2015, 10:05:01 am »
Agreed with this.... if it were 1998. As a 17-year veteran and captain of one of football's biggest clubs, he has no excuse.
Exactly ... No excuse whatsoever. The one that you count to calm things down, went completely off the boil.
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1798 on: March 23, 2015, 10:06:16 am »
The same (I presume) fucking magpie that appeared at my window before the Chelsea game last season appeared again about half an hour before kick off again yesterday. I'm buying an air rifle.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1799 on: March 23, 2015, 10:08:00 am »
Morning after.....am usually over a result by now but yes the way we played in the first half yesterday makes it a bit harder to swallow. Especially as now in terms of the league we really are in other teams' hands...and ESPECIALLY because it was against that shower of shit team which we are capable of beating.

Let's not kid anyone...our record against the top 4 and most definitely the poor start to our season would be the reason we fall short of a champions league spot if that were to happen.

But there have been lessons learned. There have been positives to take from this season. We showed we can play to a really good level of football and have done consistantly, ground out results and put back to back wins together and improved defensively massively. Now need to continue that and show we have the mental strength to come back from a setback like we've had.

There is an FA Cup to play for still (silverware!!!!).......

There is a small chance for 4th place (without pressure!)........

There is the prospect of going into the next season with another year's experience behind us for management and team, and if we can add maybe even one quality addition (with or without CL this is of course possible) and more importantly keep our rising stars it will be for the best. The squad is in place, just now needs tinkering.

Next game against Arsenal we can treat as a do or die situation...last chance saloon for 4th place, we have nothing to lose so why not? Then go all out for FA cup if we lose. The season isn't over - the season hasn't been a waste or a missed opportunity - it has been worthwhile

Well, that's what my mindset is anyway at this moment in time. Not too disimilar from last night in what I posted....

Up the Reds
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.