Author Topic: FT: LFC 1-2 MUFC  (Read 206334 times)

Offline Lar Salty

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FT: LFC 1-2 MUFC
« Reply #1600 on: March 22, 2015, 10:15:43 pm »
:tosser

What part of that do you disagree with?

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1601 on: March 22, 2015, 10:15:44 pm »
Just on the Lallana substitution - I'm sure the commentator said he came off because was still feeling the effects of the challenge by Jones. So it looks like he might well have come off even if he'd scored.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: March 22, 2015, 10:15:59 pm »
Said this after the game Sterling is poor at wing back, Sturridge coming back has not helped us as he has looked slow in body and mind.
Sturridge, even regaining his match-fitness is fine. It is the disconnect between attack (Danny) and the rest of the side which was the problem today.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1603 on: March 22, 2015, 10:16:38 pm »
Why Sterling? Because he is clearly the bigger talent? That boy will excel once you put quality alongside him and don't waste his talents out on the wing. Yes the demands are a joke, I fear he's been tapped up by one of the cheating c*nt's.

Because its an insane amount for a player that doesnt deserve or warrant it.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1604 on: March 22, 2015, 10:16:51 pm »
Said this after the game Sterling is poor at wing back, Sturridge coming back has not helped us as he has looked slow in body and mind.

How do you expect him to regain his match sharpness?

By keeping him on the bench?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: March 22, 2015, 10:17:04 pm »
The part where the guy said Gerrard hasn't been at it for a few seasons. Well he must have missed last season as it was one of his most productive years in recent times.

He got into the Team of the Year and was nominated for Player of the Year as well.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1606 on: March 22, 2015, 10:17:44 pm »
About Gerrard - he managed to do a lot in less than a minute. He made a mistake and there is no defence for it. But let's face it, he wasn't on for the first 45 and we were quite poor. We actually improved when we went down to ten men.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1607 on: March 22, 2015, 10:18:29 pm »
Amen. And the Club should stand firm.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1608 on: March 22, 2015, 10:18:33 pm »

:lmao

Haha so don't play him in games?  I've also said today that this 3-4-3 doesn't suit him.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: March 22, 2015, 10:18:34 pm »
Err how about the bit about "not being up to it for a couple of years" short memory mother fuckers

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: March 22, 2015, 10:19:25 pm »
Before Sturridge came back, other than maybe finishing, there really was nothing wrong with Sterling's form.  As I've said before he's becoming a victim of his own versatility.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1611 on: March 22, 2015, 10:19:36 pm »
I'm not tryin to pass any blame on. Gerrard Let us down end of. But if Lallana had scored then the whole course of the game would of changed. So he is right in what he is saying. It's called the butterfly effect.

Anyway, it matters not because Lallana did miss the sitter, Gerrard did make the challenge, he did get sent off and we lost.

I understand that, but what I'm showing you is that you can flip it into any scenario to blame one person rather than other. Which is exactly what the original poster was trying to do.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: March 22, 2015, 10:20:04 pm »
About Gerrard - he managed to do a lot in less than a minute. He made a mistake and there is no defence for it. But let's face it, he wasn't on for the first 45 and we were quite poor. We actually improved when we went down to ten men.
I think Gerrard could have been a key man for us in that second half, had he stayed on. I wouldn't say that Gerrard cost us the game, though. But that was poor for him. It was also ironic after the commentators had banged on about his experience in these fixtures. 11v11 we had struggled in the first half, especially for the opening half hour. Either way, Steven Gerrard made a poor decision and let his emotions get the better of him in that situation.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1613 on: March 22, 2015, 10:22:12 pm »
I would suggest that, the team is currently not setup and good enough to get the best out of his undoubted talents. City & Chelsea will be in for him in the summer. Surrounded by the talent in those sides, you'll see him perform like he did when Luis was occupying two defenders. We bring in a Luis type player, play him in a more central and attacking role and you will see Sterling at his best. A luxury sure. Just depends whether the owners want that bracket of player at the club. Yes the demands are ludicrous, that is why I think he's already been tapped up.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: March 22, 2015, 10:22:33 pm »
I understand that, but what I'm showing you is that you can flip it into any scenario to blame one person rather than other. Which is exactly what the original poster was trying to do.
Well said. Some people on here are trying to justify what Steven Gerrard did today. Look, Adam Lallana missed a chance. It happens. That doesn't excuse what Steven Gerrard did. The blame lies with Steven Gerrard in that situation. We still had forty five minutes to play and he was brought on to help the team.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: March 22, 2015, 10:22:49 pm »
Err how about the bit about "not being up to it for a couple of years" short memory mother fuckers

Thought Gerrard was good last season, the role we found for him helped him excel, think he's been a shadow of his former self this season and has badly faded.  No one stays great forever..

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: March 22, 2015, 10:24:26 pm »
I would suggest that, the team is currently not setup and good enough to get the best out of his undoubted talents. City & Chelsea will be in for him in the summer. Surrounded by the talent in those sides, you'll see him perform like he did when Luis was occupying two defenders. We bring in a Luis type player, play him in a more central and attacking role and you will see Sterling at his best. A luxury sure. Just depends whether the owners want that bracket of player at the club. Yes the demands are ludicrous, that is why I think he's already been tapped up.

I didnt think we would sell him but what with this contract and postponement i reckon he is as good as gone in the summer. Not convinced Henderson will be here still either but not as fussed with him.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #1617 on: March 22, 2015, 10:27:10 pm »
I nearly burst a blood vessel at the final whistle today. Smalling thumping his chest towards us in the kop like they'd just won the league. Fucking yard dog will be playing for QPR next season.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1618 on: March 22, 2015, 10:32:36 pm »
Well said. Some people on here are trying to justify what Steven Gerrard did today. Look, Adam Lallana missed a chance. It happens. That doesn't excuse what Steven Gerrard did. The blame lies with Steven Gerrard in that situation. We still had forty five minutes to play and he was brought on to help the team.

I'm not trying to justify fuck all. I already said Gerrard was to blame. The lad was right in what he said though, the whole game would of changed. As would the game of changed if we hadn't of conceded the first.

None of it matters anyway. Because it did happen and Gerrard only has himself to blame for that.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1619 on: March 22, 2015, 10:33:14 pm »
How do you expect him to regain his match sharpness?

By keeping him on the bench?
Um let me think,  maybe bringing him of the bench.
We were better with Markovic (or Ibe)  as wing back and sterling up front.
You play your best available team it's not pre season where we get players fit over results. He's nowhere near the level he was at before the injury and we've moved players to accommodate him.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: March 22, 2015, 10:33:27 pm »
Can't see us getting top 4 now to be honest, I didnt see us get anything against arsenal before this match, and I certainly can't see us getting anything out of it now.

They are clearly the inform team at the moment, we always seem to struggle playing against them, and it's a hard place to go and pick points up this season. We could be 8 points behind the mancs and well and truly out of it. United also seem to be doing well this season against the big boys, So I see them getting something out of there tough games against man city, arsenal and chelsea (They still play them don't they?).

Fucking disgusting performance first half, completely let us down. Although the crowd was just as bad, the prawn sandwich eating shit houses ( Not all but..), united fans sounded louder.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1621 on: March 22, 2015, 10:34:33 pm »
We were awful in the first half but United didn't rip us apart & create chance after chance & on another day Lallana's shot goes in.
Gerrard's red didn't help one bit but it still took a world class finish from Mata to make it 2-0. The worst part of today for me was the first half & the fact that anyone seemed helpless to do anything until half time. This seemed to mirror the Swansea & Southampton games which we got away with. I'm not a coach & don't pretend to have a solution but this is definitely something BR & co need to address.
If we play like that in the first half v the Gooners we'll get roasted.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: March 22, 2015, 10:36:19 pm »
Henderson has got to learn it's not all about energy and charging about the field. You have got to be more clever then that. You've got to have more control of the ball. He was just running about everywhere leaving massive gaps in midfield in the 1st half. Played right into their hands he did.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #1623 on: March 22, 2015, 10:36:59 pm »
It's tough but we need to move on. I hope players will fight for their lives to get to top4. Emirates is our bogey stadium lately, it's time for us to break it there. Let's support Brendan and the boys, they are going to need it.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: March 22, 2015, 10:37:37 pm »
I'm not trying to justify fuck all. I already said Gerrard was to blame. The lad was right in what he said though, the whole game would of changed. As would the game of changed if we hadn't of conceded the first.

None of it matters anyway. Because it did happen and Gerrard only has himself to blame for that.
Exactly. None of it matters. We can only look at what actually happened today during the ninety minutes.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: March 22, 2015, 10:38:30 pm »
Henderson has got to learn it's not all about energy and charging about the field. You have got to be more clever then that. You've got to have more control of the ball. He was just running about everywhere leaving massive gaps in midfield in the 1st half. Played right into their hands he did.

This is essentially my issue with him. Lucas is the only one who can put his foot on the ball and slow it down. With Henderson its all hustle and bustle and chaotic.

He isnt captain material either.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1626 on: March 22, 2015, 10:38:35 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me how "internet culture" can drum up so much speculation

It's like the internet is its own parallel universe

Aren't the Sterling and Henderson contracts due to be addressed in the summer?

As per the usual norm?

Seems to me that the notion of us having contractual issues with our players is largely down to people feeling the need to talk about things on the internet, that in truth, they know sweet fuck all about. 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: March 22, 2015, 10:40:16 pm »

He doesn't have the ability to control a game; it's just not in his makeup; he's not that kind of player. He is the water carrier in this team and his pressure out of possession is very headless chicken-like at times (tactically I think we struggled anyway out of possession, as our players didn't seem to know their roles). I was also really disappointed with his leadership today, particularly towards the end. Instead of encouraging others, he looked despondent.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1628 on: March 22, 2015, 10:41:18 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me how "internet culture" can drum up so much speculation

It's like the internet is its own parallel universe

Aren't the Sterling and Henderson contracts due to be addressed in the summer?

As per the usual norm?

Seems to me that the notion of us having contractual issues with our players is largely down to people feeling the need to talk about things on the internet, that in truth, they know sweet fuck all about. 

Those contract talks are being played out in public more than they need to be and if you consider their current levels, achievements and money being mentioned then it creates a toxic atmosphere for themselves

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1629 on: March 22, 2015, 10:42:27 pm »
This is essentially my issue with him. Lucas is the only one who can put his foot on the ball and slow it down. With Henderson its all hustle and bustle and chaotic.

Yeah I agree. We needed a cool head in the middle today and we didn't have it. I thought Gerrard was about to bring that calming influence into the game. How wrong was I. :-\

I'll add though, he wasn't the only one who had a stinker. Sterling and Moreno were awful.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1630 on: March 22, 2015, 10:44:04 pm »
Um let me think,  maybe bringing him of the bench.

Oh, ok.

So you're saying that in order to get a player fully match fit, the best way to approach it is to not let him play full games?

Springing him off the bench and Letting him play for 30 to 40 minutes at a time is the best way to prepare him for playing for 90 minutes, is it?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1631 on: March 22, 2015, 10:50:13 pm »
Those contract talks are being played out in public more than they need to be

Yeah, they are being played out in the public

Because that's what the public like to do these days

They like to talk about things in public that in actuality, they know sweet fuck all about

I haven't heard a single murmur of discontent coming from the club over the state of affairs regarding Sterling's contract

Have you?

Same with Henderson. I've heard sweet fuck all about either

Heard plenty of it on the internet though, which is kind of my point

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1632 on: March 22, 2015, 10:50:36 pm »
Not a great day for us, but the league has a long way to go yet, there will be many twists and turns to come, let hope the players and management arnt such cowardly defeatist as some in here. The fat lady hasn't even arrived in her taxi yet.

Moreno and Stirling had awful games, but i cannot understand the criticism for Henderson or Allen they were over run by the have elbows to use United lads.
Got to say though Mata's second was some goal.

As for the abuse Stevie is getting maybe we owe him a bit more support given what he has done for this club.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: March 22, 2015, 10:50:47 pm »
Fair play to Gerrard for coming out and shouldering the responsibility but it wasn't his fault we lost. He did us no favours, granted, but I can understand him getting stuck in the way he did. It was Anfield and the lads were showing them much too much respect. Still alot of points to play for.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: March 22, 2015, 10:51:44 pm »
Oh, ok.

So you're saying that in order to get a player fully match fit, the best way to approach it is to not let him play full games?

Springing him off the bench and Letting him play for 30 to 40 minutes at a time is the best way to prepare him for playing for 90 minutes, is it?

He's been poor since his return and moving sterling and dropping Markovic has been a mistake.  Personally don't give a f##k who plays as long as we win.  We had adapted our game without sturridge he doesn't have to play no matter what.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: March 22, 2015, 10:52:06 pm »

They like to talk about things in public that in actuality, they know sweet fuck all about

I haven't heard a single murmur of discontent coming from the club over the state of affairs regarding Sterling's contract

Have you?

Rodgers' comments about it havent been great. The ECHO have also put out quite about the ludicrous demands and the issues they are having. Gerrard also had his say and feels there is an issue.

There is negotiating a contract and there is this.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1636 on: March 22, 2015, 10:52:59 pm »
We weren't behind against Swansea, who weren't remotely as good as Man Utd were anyway.

that would be the Swansea that has taken six points off United this season , funny old game hey!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:08:19 pm by Mutton Geoff »
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: March 22, 2015, 10:53:53 pm »

Have you?

A guess but I reckon the club didn't want these contracts drawn out. Get them done, focus on the campaign. However if the team has a stinker in the run-in, we could argue that the club has been shrewd.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:55:41 pm by Twelfth Man »

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1638 on: March 22, 2015, 10:55:52 pm »
With Henderson its all hustle and bustle and chaotic.

Gerrard wasn't exactly a figure of calm composure when he initially inherited the arm band either

Don't forget, In his first 2 seasons as captain he clocked up quiet a few red cards 

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: March 22, 2015, 10:56:05 pm »
Oh, ok.

And since when do we use the biggest game of the season to get players match fit..?