Author Topic: The Domino Draft  (Read 29109 times)

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Domino Draft
« Reply #480 on: January 20, 2015, 04:32:24 pm »
trying to work out who is better in goal Nick or the badger
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #481 on: January 20, 2015, 04:32:54 pm »
trying to work out who is better in goal Nick or the badger

The Badger has an awesome song.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #482 on: January 20, 2015, 04:37:51 pm »
Sócrates and Júnior!  :shocked

Well-played - they fit your team perfectly.

Your only poor picks were van Basten and Rijkaard to be honest... 

Haha thanks mate. I was petrified that someone else would find a way to Scorates all the way from the Gentile pick. But I must confess I found that game where they both scored together completely by accident (when does Gentile ever score!) when looking for Socrates' international goal record. Junior was a very nice bonus too. Van Basten and Rijkaard really let the team down though, I know  :D

I thought your jump from Totti to Carlos Alberto was masterful. It's one I stumbled on before but couldn't find a way to get there. That's the great thing about this draft, it's almost impossible to predict where your team will go and yet every pick (both your own and everyone elses) dictates that end point. An amazing idea, mate! I hope we can do something similar again in the future  :thumbup

Found this draft really enjoyable but just had no time to spend planning/researching which has left me with probably the weakest team :D But just to say thanks to NICHOLLS, it's been a good one, just wish I'd had more time to invest in it.

If that's a weak team, I hate to see the strong ones! Effenberg is great late pick up. As Nicholls says, that midfield diamond is pretty brutal.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: January 20, 2015, 04:38:48 pm »
Let's get this done tonight. If I'm going to have another round of  disappointments with my choices not available by the time it gets to me, I'd rather not wait longer.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: January 20, 2015, 04:39:40 pm »
Junior was who you were speaking of Betty! I did think of him but I don't think I'd have been able to tie him down to my next pick.

Great selection this late in the draft :)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: January 20, 2015, 04:40:27 pm »
Let's get this done tonight. If I'm going to have another round of  disappointments with my choices not available by the time it gets to me, I'd rather not wait longer.
Waiting on Ankit.

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #486 on: January 20, 2015, 04:41:26 pm »

If that's a weak team, I hate to see the strong ones! Effenberg is great late pick up. As Nicholls says, that midfield diamond is pretty brutal.

Ha, cheers. Yeah delighted to pick Effenberg up late; just think I have a few unfashionable choices but see how we go. Seen 4 or 5 teams so far where I've thought: 'Winner'.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: January 20, 2015, 04:45:54 pm »
Ha, cheers. Yeah delighted to pick Effenberg up late; just think I have a few unfashionable choices but see how we go. Seen 4 or 5 teams so far where I've thought: 'Winner'.

Great team, Rosso. You have my vote, if I have yours ;)

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #488 on: January 20, 2015, 04:50:50 pm »
So do I go 4-2-3-1 or risk it with a crazy formation...

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #489 on: January 20, 2015, 05:08:29 pm »
Just in case it gets back to me today, skip ahead of me if I'm not online and I'll pick when I'm back.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #490 on: January 20, 2015, 05:26:28 pm »

The best thing about this draft is that it's essentially a new draft format in itself. We could start over with 15 new criteria tomorrow and it would be a completely different draft. I've really enjoyed it.

Effenberg is a fantastic pick at this stage and I'll echo Nicholls'/Betty's sentiments - that's a very strong team. Klinsmann is the only one I'd call unfashionable and even then everyone knows how good he was. I was strongly considering picking Effenberg myself, good thing I didn't as I needed a stepping stone so you'd have got to him just before me.

Ended up with this myself:

Offline Vishwa Atma

• Legacy Fan
  • Money for nothing....
« Reply #491 on: January 20, 2015, 05:44:05 pm »
--------------------------GK----------------------------------

----------------------Beckenbauer-------------------------

-----------R.Koeman-------------------Hansen------------

Neal----------Tardelli-----------Alonso---------Breitner

-----------Litmanen----------------Barnes----------------

---------------------Gerd Muller----------------------------

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
  • Ohhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #492 on: January 20, 2015, 07:56:58 pm »
Shall we pause there?

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #493 on: January 20, 2015, 07:59:51 pm »
His squad number (#4) was a great trump card to get back to the modern era too. Didn't want to be trapped in the 1960's Brazilian leagues...  :-\

;D

I managed to escape  ;)

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #494 on: January 20, 2015, 09:38:32 pm »
Some fantastic teams in this, tempted to go a normal back 4 now just to see how I fare, rather than braving a weird tactic.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: January 20, 2015, 10:06:58 pm »
Picked as I missed my go. Thanks to Betty.  :wave

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: January 20, 2015, 10:21:02 pm »
52,000 posts and Chakan finds the worst possible time to go offline (when everybody else that picks after him is online).

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: January 20, 2015, 10:37:33 pm »
52,000 posts and Chakan finds the worst possible time to go offline (when everybody else that picks after him is online).

If someone had bothered to message me that it was our go I could have picked sooner.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #498 on: January 20, 2015, 11:05:29 pm »
I was hoping to get mine in before bed, but popcorn has gone.

I'll try to hang around a bit, but if it's not soon...

Busy day tomorrow too  :(

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #499 on: January 20, 2015, 11:10:13 pm »
Shevchenko in the penultimate round...unexpected bit of late firepower added!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: January 20, 2015, 11:11:23 pm »
another useless striker.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: January 20, 2015, 11:12:56 pm »
another useless striker.

Sure no Tomas "my god look at all those pies!!!" Brolin

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: January 20, 2015, 11:14:47 pm »
Sure no Tomas "my god look at all those pies!!!" Brolin

not many people are though.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #503 on: January 20, 2015, 11:16:18 pm »
I was hoping to get mine in before bed, but popcorn has gone.

I'll try to hang around a bit, but if it's not soon...

Busy day tomorrow too  :(

You can PM if you like. If it's early tomorrow, I can't guarantee anything though....

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: January 20, 2015, 11:23:34 pm »
I'm off as well for the next 15-20 hours. Anybody willing to take my last two posts while I am away?

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #505 on: January 20, 2015, 11:24:31 pm »
I'm off as well for the next 15-20 hours. Anybody willing to take my last two posts while I am away?
You can PM if you like. If it's early tomorrow, I can't guarantee anything though....

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: January 20, 2015, 11:30:49 pm »
Thanks Elzar. I've sent you a PM.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: January 21, 2015, 05:22:23 am »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #508 on: January 21, 2015, 08:32:04 am »
That looks a bit useful it has to be said.

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: January 21, 2015, 09:11:08 am »
TEAMS

Gerrvindh:- Lionel Messi, Michel Platini [8], Daniel Passarella [7], Paulo Roberto Falcăo [12], Dennis Bergkamp [10], Paul Scholes [5], Jaap Stam [1], Gennaro Gattuso [13], Mauro Tassotti [15], Hans-Peter Briegel [9], Harald Schumacher [6].

Prof:- Pelé, Nílton Santos [6], Djalma Santos [7], Sándor Kocsis [11], József Bozsik [13], Jairzinho [15], Didi [1], Juan Bagur [14], Francisco Gento [3], José Santamaría [2], Tarcisio Burgnich [9].

Popcorn:- Diego Maradona, Zico [7], Fabio Cannavaro [10], Alessandro Nesta [12], Pavel Nedvěd [5], Mario Kempes [8], Javier Mascherano [9], Cesc Fŕbregas [15], Sergio Ramos [13], Manuel Neuer [14],

Chakan-C(r)osby Bill:- Johan Cruyff, Michael Laudrup [3], Thierry Henry [7], Yaya Touré [2], Dani Alves [1], Sami Hyypiä [9], Gianluca Zambrotta [12], Gianluigi  Buffon [6], Ciro Ferrara [13], Andriy Shevchenko [11],

NICHOLLS1986:- Ronaldo, Romário [3], Jürgen Kohler [9], Matthias Sammer [11], Andreas Brehme [7], Giuseppe Bergomi [13], Francesco Totti [12], Carlos Alberto [15], Daniele De Rossi [8], Esteban Cambiasso [5],

Anything Will Do:- Cristiano Ronaldo, Alessandro Del Piero [8], Lilian Thuram [1], Roberto Carlos [7], Claude Makélélé [12], Arjen Robben [3], Toni Kroos [2], Bryan Robson [9], Paul McGrath [11],

Sir Psycho Sexy:- Lothar Matthäus, Roberto Baggio [8], Karl-Heinz Rummenigge [9], Gaetano Scirea [7], Roy Keane [15], Samuel Eto'o [10], Bernd Shuster [3], Manfred Kaltz [6], Fulvio Collovati [5], Walter Zenga [1],

Samie:- Ronaldinho, Andrés Iniesta [1], Oscar Ruggeri [8], Sepp Maier [15], Wolfgang Overath [6], Frank de Boer [9], Dunga [7], Tomas Brolin [12], Predrag Mijatović [14], Chendo [2],

Vishwa Atma:- Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller [6], Paul Breitner [11], Xabi Alonso [3], Marco Tardelli [8], Jari Litmanen [10], John Barnes [15], Alan Hansen [2], Phil Neal [12], Ronald Koeman [9],

Ankit:- Alfredo Di Stéfano, Franco Baresi [9], Andrea Pirlo [15], Alessandro Costacurta [12], Demetrio Albertini [2], Roberto Donadoni [6], Dejan Savićević [1], Kaká [8], Iker Casillas [10], Álvaro Arbeloa [13],

KingLuis10:- Zinedine Zidane, Ferenc Puskás [8], Steven Gerrard [9], Luis Suárez [1], Edgar Davids [3], Cafu [10], Aldair [13], Walter Samuel [2], Pep Guardiola [12], Sergi Barjuán [14],

child-in-time-Elzar:- Garrincha, Raymond Kopa [7], Graeme Souness [8], Patrick Vieira [10], Zlatan Ibrahimović [4], Carlos Puyol [13], Karlheinz Förster [15], Antonio Cabrini [5], Zbigniew Boniek [1], Edwin van der Sar [9],

RossoBianchi:- Gabriel Batistuta, Fernando Redondo [12], Ruud Krol [8], Javier Zanetti [10], Diego Simeone [11], Gheorghe Hagi [7], Denis Irwin [14], Lúcio [9], Jürgen Klinsmann [3], Stefan Effenberg [6],

Betty Blue-prateekmalhota:- Marco van Basten, Frank Rijkaard [3], Xavi Hernández [10], Luís Figo [2], Fernando Hierro [1], Hristo Stoichkov [13], Bobby Moore [9], Claudio Gentile [8], Sócrates [11], Júnior [6],

Katie Price:- Kenny Dalglish, Johan Neeskens [7], Eusébio [8], George Best [15], Clarence Seedorf [10], Christian Panucci [4], Giacinto Facchetti [9], Roberto Rivellino [12], Elías Figueroa [14], Hans-Georg Schwarzenbeck [7],

HoinkDoink:- Paolo Maldini, Ruud Gullit [1], Marcel Desailly [3], Rivaldo [7], Phillip Lahm [9], Bastien Schweinsteiger [13], Michael Ballack [11], Bixente Lizarazu [12], Karl-Heinz Schnellinger [8], Gordan Banks [5],

Offline Anything Will Do

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: January 21, 2015, 10:24:51 am »
Just wanted to say cheers for this draft Nicholls, and apologise for the fact that I haven't really been as involved as much as I'd have liked in this thread, and haven't been up to date with my picks due to technical difficulties! Still really enjoyed it this far though, despite my te looking considerably weaker than a lot of the others.

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: January 21, 2015, 10:44:56 am »
Just wanted to say cheers for this draft Nicholls, and apologise for the fact that I haven't really been as involved as much as I'd have liked in this thread, and haven't been up to date with my picks due to technical difficulties! Still really enjoyed it this far though, despite my te looking considerably weaker than a lot of the others.

:thumbup Cheers, it's certainly got me studying the football archives more!

I can make my pick now (Popcorn, Chakan-C(r)osby Bill already have their GK's) but will hold off for now, to not confuse the draft order  :o

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #512 on: January 21, 2015, 10:54:53 am »
Who's turn is it? Are we waiting for Popcorn?

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: January 21, 2015, 11:00:33 am »
Who's turn is it? Are we waiting for Popcorn?

His 1 hour window is up... you are free to pick. I'll PM him just incase too.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #514 on: January 21, 2015, 11:14:33 am »
Early thoughts are a little something like this:

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: January 21, 2015, 11:16:53 am »

Offline Anything Will Do

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: January 21, 2015, 11:56:07 am »
                           Reina
Thuram    Carvalho       McGrath      Roberto Carlos
                        Makelele
               Robson           Kroos
  Robben                                    Ronaldo
                        Del Piero

Thoughts?

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #517 on: January 21, 2015, 12:29:47 pm »
The strength of some of these sides is ridiculous!

Well done to Chakan and Nick for finding there way back to Deschamps as well  :thumbup
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #518 on: January 21, 2015, 12:31:40 pm »
The strength of some of these sides is ridiculous!

Well done to Chakan and Nick for finding there way back to Deschamps as well  :thumbup

Managed to find a list of games Ferrara scored in and found that one with Milan and Sheva. Quick discussion and a change of formation later and we winged it back to Deschamps. No harm done!

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: January 21, 2015, 12:44:10 pm »
Keep posting your completed formations guys - I'll save these for the tournament  :thumbup