Author Topic: FA Cup Draw  (Read 163552 times)

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
Re: FA Cup Draw
« Reply #520 on: March 17, 2015, 03:50:35 pm »
ST Holders who haven't been to previous rounds don't get priority anymore. Years ago st holders didn't have to bother going to any game and could apply for a final ticket

It was about a 8 out of 10 chance of getting a final ticket.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: March 17, 2015, 05:04:13 pm »
ST Holders who haven't been to previous rounds don't get priority anymore. Years ago st holders didn't have to bother going to any game and could apply for a final ticket
I'm well aware of that, I haven't been on Mars for the last decade! The point I was making is that if season tickets are readily available and anyone can get one, like they are at Villa, then they deserve priority regardless of previous rounds attendance.

That is not the case with LFC season tickets which is why our system is fair for us.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: March 17, 2015, 05:20:51 pm »

Argh. I remember begging for a voucher on the kop in 96 because my ST didn't qualify.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: March 17, 2015, 06:57:51 pm »
Villa selling arrangements do look a bit over complicated but we could take a leaf out of their book for the bulk members sales instead of this 14 then 0 nonsense.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #524 on: March 17, 2015, 07:11:29 pm »
I'm well aware of that, I haven't been on Mars for the last decade! The point I was making is that if season tickets are readily available and anyone can get one, like they are at Villa, then they deserve priority regardless of previous rounds attendance.

That is not the case with LFC season tickets which is why our system is fair for us.

I agree. Which is why the "fair system for loyal fans" were ridiculous from our view.

We're arguing (not even really arguing) over another clubs allocation.
I realise how daft I am :)

Offline redshep10

• Main Stander
  • A Bastion of invincibility
« Reply #525 on: March 17, 2015, 07:47:56 pm »
THIS! In regard to the seasie/non seasie endless debate. At a club where there is no waiting list, and anyone can buy one, seasies deserve first crack at semis and finals as they have paid up front for 19 games. Doubt there is many, if any at all, non seasies who go to all league games at a club where seasies are readily available. By buying a seasie you are showing a greater loyalty than non seasies.

At a club like ours where they arent readily available and there are plenty of members who go all homes etc, then season tickets don't deserve priority for Wembley dates if they haven't been previous rounds. As ticket prices go up, the stadium expands etc more will become available and if we ever got to a point where there was only a minimal waiting list or none at all then it would be entirely fair to give priority to seasies regardless of attendance at previous rounds.

:wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin

Completely agree, I will get to all home games this season, 16 on my own members card and all cup games, why shouldn't I have the same chance as a season ticket holder??

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #526 on: March 17, 2015, 07:56:55 pm »

Completely agree, I will get to all home games this season, 16 on my own members card and all cup games, why shouldn't I have the same chance as a season ticket holder??

You should. anyone who argues is a brick short of a wall

Offline redshep10

• Main Stander
  • A Bastion of invincibility
« Reply #527 on: March 17, 2015, 08:07:39 pm »

You should. anyone who argues is a brick short of a wall

:lmao

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #528 on: March 17, 2015, 08:09:10 pm »

I agree also, me and my lad have been to every home game in the League and all cups on our members cards, so why not ??
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #529 on: March 17, 2015, 08:10:31 pm »
:lmao

My old man to thank for that. Fucking loved that bloke.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #530 on: March 17, 2015, 10:46:21 pm »
Am I correct to assume semi final dates and kick off times aren't being confirmed until after our replay?
JFT97

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #531 on: March 17, 2015, 10:52:51 pm »
Am I correct to assume semi final dates and kick off times aren't being confirmed until after our replay?

Surely not? That would be madness, leaving it so late for everyone to sort transport. I thought it was due to be announced today?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #532 on: March 17, 2015, 10:54:43 pm »
Surely not? That would be madness, leaving it so late for everyone to sort transport. I thought it was due to be announced today?
I hope so, flights to book!
JFT97

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: March 17, 2015, 10:56:29 pm »
Bit odd they've not announced it. People are buying tickets from Villa tomorrow without even knowing what day the games on.

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #534 on: March 17, 2015, 11:16:30 pm »

I've started to think this, be absolute madness if they do but they're taking there time with it! you'd have thought the tv would have had their picks and released a date by now, travel's going up by the day

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: March 18, 2015, 06:07:49 am »
When we played Everton we had to wait until after there replay for all dates and times to be announced. Im sure it was the 31st March when things got confirmed.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #536 on: March 18, 2015, 06:54:44 am »
There's no reason not to sort it now.

Both teams in the semi are from the North West so travel will be much of a muchness.

Get the dates and times sorted. At least so Villa fans can make plans

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #537 on: March 18, 2015, 07:49:52 am »
There's no reason not to sort it now.

Both teams in the semi are from the North West so travel will be much of a muchness.

Get the dates and times sorted. At least so Villa fans can make plans

This I need to sort out childcare with my less than accommodating ex wife if they leave it until after the replay that's me stuffed as I know she won't change for football  :butt

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
« Reply #538 on: March 18, 2015, 12:42:40 pm »

In 2000/1 I was a ST holder, went to every FAC, league and European games home and away....Bucharest, Liberec, Olympiakos, Porto, Barca, Roma spent a fortune, got to the FAC Final and my seaso never qualified !! - I got one of a mate, but total madness. Loyalty over STH's every day

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #539 on: March 18, 2015, 12:49:48 pm »
In 2000/1 I was a ST holder, went to every FAC, league and European games home and away....Bucharest, Liberec, Olympiakos, Porto, Barca, Roma spent a fortune, got to the FAC Final and my seaso never qualified !! - I got one of a mate, but total madness. Loyalty over STH's every day

You were a seaso who went to all FA cup games and you didn't get a ticket on your seaso?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: March 18, 2015, 12:55:54 pm »
You were a seaso who went to all FA cup games and you didn't get a ticket on your seaso?

Previous game loyalty didn't exist then, it was all STH with a certain serial number.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #541 on: March 18, 2015, 01:00:33 pm »

That was very possible pre-2003. It was a complete lottery back in those days, and for all season ticket holders only. No one else had a shout, regardless of attendance at Cup games.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: March 18, 2015, 01:06:13 pm »
That was very possible pre-2003. It was a complete lottery back in those days, and for all season ticket holders only. No one else had a shout, regardless of attendance at Cup games.

Yes, 01-02 was the first year I remember them doing any sort of previous rounds. They used a hole punch on your previous CL home stubs.
The only thing I can remember before that was when they would hand out vouchers at a random match for priority to Everton & mancs. That was pay on the gate standing kop days though.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #543 on: March 18, 2015, 01:12:41 pm »
Hole punch??? I never had any ticket punched - you could just do your own if they did that, surely?!

I remember the Priority Vouchers though! :D

And having to go miles to collect ST spare vouchers the night before an away sale when mine didn't qualify - when it was based on serial numbers. Was great for me when they brought loyalty in! Not saying it's perfect - could maybe do with a few tweaks but def fairer IMO
We are a team of one half.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: March 18, 2015, 01:17:39 pm »
Ha, remember that old phone recording always emphasising the "Serial number, NOT seat number..." ;D

Used to always get people trying to buy those priority vouchers off you when you came out of games!

I was looking through a load of old tickets for some reason recently and was wondering where some had gone that I knew I'd been to, had completely forgot how you used to have to send off certain stipulated tickets to get Mancs or Everton tickets. You'd be working out months ahead which games they might use!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: March 18, 2015, 01:28:05 pm »
Hole punch??? I never had any ticket punched - you could just do your own if they did that, surely?!

The hole punch meant it had been used for loyalty. I think it was just for the 01/02 CL homes. When the CL tickets were silver (grey) and black. You had to take your stubs to the window from previous rounds. When they served you they used a small hole punch to say this ticket had been used as loyalty for this match. I remember queueing up with the previous 3 stubs for the Barcelona match in 2001 (1-3 in the second group stage).

I think they did do loyalty on previous games for Euro aways. When you sent in the European away form, they would check previous attendance and call you in order. I remember waiting for my phone to ring for days waiting for them to call.

Offline Christy Phelan

• Main Stander
« Reply #546 on: March 18, 2015, 02:37:46 pm »
I think the BBC with first pick will be pushing for our game to be lunchtime on the Saturday with the Manc Chelsea game on Sky that evening.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #547 on: March 18, 2015, 02:56:38 pm »

Yep, they only did it for a season or two. They would hole punch it in a particular shape, to indicate that you had used it to buy a ticket for a particular game, and then sent it back to you with your ticket.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #548 on: March 18, 2015, 02:57:05 pm »
I think the BBC with first pick will be pushing for our game to be lunchtime on the Saturday with the Manc Chelsea game on Sky that evening.
Both matches at Wembley on the same day  :o Also, Sky do not have the rights to show FA Cup matches, BT Sport do.

One match will be on Saturday and the other the following day.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Christy Phelan

• Main Stander
« Reply #549 on: March 18, 2015, 03:41:43 pm »
Both matches at Wembley on the same day  :o Also, Sky do not have the rights to show FA Cup matches, BT Sport do.

One match will be on Saturday and the other the following day.

Sorry I meant that with Chelsea and Man U playing at 5.30 in the league on Sky BBC will not want to go up against it so will look to have it a lunchtime on the Saturday.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: March 18, 2015, 03:58:19 pm »
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1988783&page=88

Someone on Digital Spy recons they've called both the BBC and BT who have said no decision on dates / times will be made till after the Blackburn v Liverpool reply ...

Really.....

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #551 on: March 18, 2015, 04:04:14 pm »

Someone on Digital Spy recons they've called both the BBC and BT who have said no decision on dates / times will be made till after the Blackburn v Liverpool reply ...

Really.....
That is ridiculous if true. Won't effect me as if we make it, I've only got a short train journey but for the 1000's who are coming from the North West, it will be a nightmare.

AMF
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #552 on: March 18, 2015, 04:05:17 pm »

Really.....

shocking if true...  :butt

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #553 on: March 18, 2015, 04:05:47 pm »
Sorry I meant that with Chelsea and Man U playing at 5.30 in the league on Sky BBC will not want to go up against it so will look to have it a lunchtime on the Saturday.
Sorry myself as I misread your post!

Good point, the Saturday match will definitely be a lunch time kick off so as not to clash with the Chelsea/Man U match.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: March 18, 2015, 04:08:59 pm »
That is ridiculous if true. Won't effect me as if we make it, I've only got a short train journey but for the 1000's who are coming from the North West, it will be a nightmare.

AMF

It's actually barbaric.

Fucks everyone over from all aspects. People have no idea when to book off work (if necessary), all cheap trains will be gone for all travelling.

Wankers

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: March 18, 2015, 04:10:33 pm »
Sorry myself as I misread your post!

Good point, the Saturday match will definitely be a lunch time kick off so as not to clash with the Chelsea/Man U match.

BBC won't mind clashing there free to air and it's prime time viewing figures there bothered about
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: March 18, 2015, 04:13:09 pm »

Really.....

If that's true then I just can't even compute the stupidity in my brain.

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #557 on: March 18, 2015, 04:27:09 pm »

Really.....

Nice for fans to be thought about once more, ridiculous 

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #558 on: March 18, 2015, 04:47:07 pm »
If that's true then I just can't even compute the stupidity in my brain.

Bloody great, can see the convo with ex wife now can i change date to have kids a week before the event rather than now when i could plan ahead!!!!

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #559 on: March 18, 2015, 04:52:02 pm »
Surely that's not true.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.