Author Topic: The unravelling. A team, manager and fans shafted by transfer incompetence  (Read 585986 times)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Not going to happen Pop, we've been over this already.

FSG won't fork out that sort of money. Rodgers doesn't have a choice either, the head scout did suggest Kale crisps, Pork scratchings and other forms of rations. Wenger nicked the pringles before we had a chance. We'll you know how it is, if you're not in early, you won't be getting the premium crisps. So they're not even on the table anymore.
You were right earlier, when you inferred that Rodgers didn't really get a say in the matter. He was told his options are Hula Hoops or Walkers sensations, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but they're alright I guess. He chose Hula Hoops as they might eventually deliver on their potential, he also wanted people to think a bit about em, you know, make em wonder what he's going to do.. he pondered putting two banks of 4 on his fingers and two up top on this thumbs or play a more cautious game by not really letting them out of the bag.

If i was him, i'd have held off and waited till xmas as that's when the good crisps come out again. The table would have be a plenty with them, all freely available, just waiting to be picked. We've used this strategy previously, if you remember & to great success. I don't know why he didn't chose it this year, maybe at that stage he already knew his turkey was cooked, so the timing probably wasn't right.

:wellin
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Read all that now I want crisps :(

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Shanks had won nothing as a manager when he was Rodgers' age and it was another 7 years before he did - and that was the second division title

At this rate Rodgers will get his chance to replicate that! [/sky fan since 1991]

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Went and bought crisps.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
Went and bought crisps.

Did you massively overpay?

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
Went and bought crisps.

Ooooh you are headstrong. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did you massively overpay?

Nope , then again it's the US so not the greatest quality and probably unheard of crisps.

Ooooh you are headstrong. 

When I want something I go out and get it. ;)

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Read all that now I want crisps :(

Thats what Rodgers is saying right about now too, 'kin hell we need to get them fooking pringles in la' :D
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Thats what Rodgers is saying right about now too, 'kin hell we need to get them fooking pringles in la' :D
I bet he told Raheem to hold out for the better crisps too

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I bet he told Raheem to hold out for the better crisps too

As Ayre nips the corner shop for a 10p bag of space invaders on his push bike!
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Back on a serious note though, just give Brendan the autonomy this summer, give him the budget allow him to identify what he wants as he feels fit to move the squad forward, and then at least he'll live or die by his sword. Every dog and his bone will be able to say 'we're here as a result of your choices' - all this risk evasive bollocks in assembling a commitee i 'get' it from FSG perspective, but this is football - not baseball where you can number crunch, not your ordinary business. You give the man running the show the reigns and you let him determine his own fate.

Overcomplicating a process that need not be.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Back on a serious note though, just give Brendan the autonomy this summer, give him the budget allow him to identify what he wants as he feels fit to move the squad forward, and then at least he'll live or die by his sword. Every dog and his bone will be able to say 'we're here as a result of your choices' - all this risk evasive bollocks in assembling a commitee i 'get' it from FSG perspective, but this is football - not baseball where you can number crunch, not your ordinary business. You give the man running the show the reigns and you let him determine his own fate.

What if he was the one who wanted most of these players?

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Nope , then again it's the US so not the greatest quality and probably unheard of crisps.

They might taste better after a couple of years in the cupboard ?
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They might taste better after a couple of years in the cupboard ?

Who knows how long they've been in the vending machine?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Dempsey, Williams, Lallana, Borini, Lambert, Lovren, Allen - All Rodgers picks. No I wouldn't trust him to pick the right player, I'd certainly trust him to train the right one though.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And what if i wear frilly underwear at the weekend? Its incredibly unlikely mate...otherwise there would be no committee it would be Rodgers, scouts and Ayre negotiating contracts.

My interpretation is he does not control the direction of where we scout for our pool of player recruitment, that brief is directed from above his station.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool

The problem lies not with the players we did get [Lambert and Balotelli apart] but with the ones we didn't get.

Namely at least one, preferably two quality mobile attackers capable of making runs that compel opposition defences to return their armchairs to the rest room, put out their fags and actually break sweat in order to contain us.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Who knows how long they've been in the vending machine?

It all depends on how much you paid ?

Did you buy them, or were they bought for you ?

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It all depends on how much you paid ?

Did you buy them, or were they bought for you ?

Out of my own pocket, FSG I am not.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dempsey, Williams, Lallana, Borini, Lambert, Lovren, Allen - All Rodgers picks. No I wouldn't trust him to pick the right player, I'd certainly trust him to train the right one though.

Thats not the point, the point is, what we have isnt in Brendans vision, its a mishmash.....give him the control - if it goes tits up, there's no ambiguity - his choices his outcome. This is no different from Roy and Gerard sharing the reigns eventually someone goes because its untenable, FSG chose him, FSG gave him the new contract, FSG have to trust him to make his own mistakes not take responsibility potentially for others.

If, you, i hell everybody on here would be furious if we got sacked because the tools given to us were the product of a compromised decision making process against expectations.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:37:33 pm by Red Genius »

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thats not the point, the point is, what we have isnt in Brendans vision, its a mishmash.....give him the control - if it goes tits up, there's no ambiguity - his choices his outcome. This is no different from Roy and Gerard sharing the reigns eventually someone goes because its untenable, FSG chose him, FSG gave him the new contract, FSG have to trust him to make his own mistakes not take responsibility potentially for others.

Id, you, everybody on here would be furious if we got sacked because the tools given to us were the product of a compromised decision making process against expectations.

You said give him full control, I pointed out what our team would look like with said control.

Rodgers is an arrogant bugger, you can see it, new hair, new teeth, new waist, new bit on the side.. He thinks he's made it, he wants to be the Alex Ferguson, the whole control.. He's simply not ready for it, he will be one day, but for now he needs someone to reign him in and see his own philosophy as i can tell you know he's not playing it at the moment.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
The problem lies not with the players we did get [Lambert and Balotelli apart] but with the ones we didn't get.

Namely at least one, preferably two quality mobile attackers capable of making runs that compel opposition defences to return their armchairs to the rest room, put out their fags and actually break sweat in order to contain us.

But several of who we got didnt turn out great either.

The fact is we dont know who chose whom and who we rejected. Who knows whether Rodgers passed on more strikers than we were led to believe? Its all rumours and frankly even suggestions by people who supposedly have their behind the scenes info are all contradictory.

What we do know is that we have a committee that Rodgers is part of and that we have signed the wrong players that have fucked our season up. Whoever it was and whatever was wrong in terms of individually or collectively needs to be fixed whether that is a new system, Rodgers getting complete control or absolutely no control then so be it.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
And what if i wear frilly underwear at the weekend? Its incredibly unlikely mate...otherwise there would be no committee it would be Rodgers, scouts and Ayre negotiating contracts.

My interpretation is he does not control the direction of where we scout for our pool of player recruitment, that brief is directed from above his station.

Dont we scout everywhere? Also we know he wanted Allen and Borini.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan

why didnt we get those players? Is it because Rodgers isnt able to attract big names as he is a bit unknown in Europe? Mourinho, Van Gaal dont have this problem it seems, Rafa was able to get in top talent as well

Anyone else see this as a problem for Rodgers? Its the one reason i would consider changing to Klopp

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dont we scout everywhere? Also we know he wanted Allen and Borini.

I genuinely have no idea where and how we scout, thats part of the problem, no? Yup and so if he wanted 5 Allens and 5 Borini's, what happens? He fails in his objectives and its clear why and who is responsible and he goes.

Its this opaque bollocks of nobody knowing who, what, where, when, how, why.....that makes it almost impossible to comprehend specifically where the issue is. If you are going to pay millions for somebody to manage a football club, let him bloody well manage it....then you can evaluate, strengths, weaknesses etc....

It will be no different if Klopp were here, or Rafa or anyone right now, there is no ultimate responsibility for football recruitment.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
Ian ayre needs to be removed. He's way above his head at the club. That operation they have going on in the city centre is border line ridiculous.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ian ayre needs to be removed. He's way above his head at the club. That operation they have going on in the city centre is border line ridiculous.

Who exactly is going to remove him other than John W Henry? And it seems he's kinda happy to let Ian Ayre do the day to day running of the club.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not even going to say what i feel about Ian 'im gonna fuck slap you in the' Ayre....he just needs to go.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline apocalypse

• Kopite
why didnt we get those players? Is it because Rodgers isnt able to attract big names as he is a bit unknown in Europe? Mourinho, Van Gaal dont have this problem it seems, Rafa was able to get in top talent as well

Anyone else see this as a problem for Rodgers? Its the one reason i would consider changing to Klopp

Even if we got Messi we'd be playing him at wingback and he would be shit

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Even if we got Messi we'd be playing him at wingback and he would be shit

As we did with Luis? Get a grip mate....what an astonishing post of utter shite dribbling from your lips

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline apocalypse

• Kopite
As we did with Luis? Get a grip mate....what an astonishing post of utter shite dribbling from your lips

Just adding my 2lbs. Every day it's the same arguments, don't you lot get tired?

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Your 2 cents aren't worth the moments you bothered to scribble them...here's a fabulously novel idea, add something to the convo to take it forward. Yeah?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan

Whilst that plays a part, it's mainly down the Benjamins. FSG won't pay the market rate for top quality hence the reason we never get top quality. And before you mention Suarez, his contract when he signed was £50k a week.

Offline apocalypse

• Kopite
Your 2 cents aren't worth the moments you bothered to scribble them...here's a fabulously novel idea, add something to the convo to take it forward. Yeah?

2lbs of shit, not cents. And this conversation has went forward, back and around.

You aren't the first or 20th person to propose a collective decision making process, pops.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
2lbs of shit, not cents. And this conversation has went forward, back and around.

You aren't the first or 20th person to propose a collective decision making process, pops.

Propose a collective decision making process? Are you short of sight mate?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
I genuinely have no idea where and how we scout, thats part of the problem, no? Yup and so if he wanted 5 Allens and 5 Borini's, what happens? He fails in his objectives and its clear why and who is responsible and he goes.

Its this opaque bollocks of nobody knowing who, what, where, when, how, why.....that makes it almost impossible to comprehend specifically where the issue is. If you are going to pay millions for somebody to manage a football club, let him bloody well manage it....then you can evaluate, strengths, weaknesses etc....

It will be no different if Klopp were here, or Rafa or anyone right now, there is no ultimate responsibility for football recruitment.

I don't buy that you can't hold Brendan accountable because he may or may not be deciding on the transfers. Put it aside and ask how has he performed in the areas he does unequivocally control?

Lambert and Balotelli scored 18 and 14 goals for their respective teams last year. Why haven't we got eve close to that return from either of them? Brendan has control over that doesn't he?

Raheem Sterling despite being a regular at a fragile age, and offered a 100k a week, does an interview plainly angling for a move and filled with side swipes at Brendan and the way he has been treated. Our first genuinely world class youth product in years, and he seemingly can't stand the boss. Brendan has control of that surely?

And there are positives, a 3 month unbeaten run, a new record for consecutive clean sheets away from home. 5th place with a goal scoring problem.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Is Dominic King still reliable nowadays?

"Rodgers will now step up attempts to sign a new striker this summer to challenge Sturridge on a regular basis. PSV Eindhoven’s Memphis Depay is their No 1 target and the Holland international seems keen on moving to Anfield."
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is Dominic King still reliable nowadays?

"Rodgers will now step up attempts to sign a new striker this summer to challenge Sturridge on a regular basis. PSV Eindhoven’s Memphis Depay is their No 1 target and the Holland international seems keen on moving to Anfield."

Andy Hunter reported the same too