Author Topic: Bloodborne PS4  (Read 22939 times)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Bloodborne PS4
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2015, 07:36:45 pm »
Loving this game! I'm taking it slowly but just beat the Cleric Beast on my first effort and finished him of with an epic Molatov/Visceral Attack combo. 

Guess it's time to track down Gazza and hopefully a better weapon along the way.  Got a spear in the sewers but it's not much good, so I've upgraded my saw blade a couple of notches for now.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2015, 09:52:33 pm »
Third boss down and I'm really starting to enjoy this, the environments are incredible.

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2015, 12:20:30 am »
After hearing so many people say Father Gascoigne was the harder of the 1st two bosses, I beat him on my second attempt.

I think he suited my play style perfectly to be fair and I just parried him into oblivion in about 60 seconds.

This game has a great knack of making you feel super powerful and then stripping all that power away within a few minutes, so I expect to get my arse handed to me in the next area.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2015, 12:42:21 am »
Still not fought the first boss yet, well I did once but just to see what he looked like. I fucking love this game. Once you get the knack of timing, dodging, dashing, parrying etc it is so satisfying. I've litterally spent hours exploring in the opening areas. I started a new game as I attacked that eileen girl, who then attacks me every time she sees me, so figured I'd start a fresh save.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2015, 02:12:51 am »
Do enemies respawn, or can you more or less clear out an area (if you're that good), without it being as much of a pain in the arse to travel through afterwards?
"under-promise and over-deliver"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2015, 02:25:36 am »
You can clear out an area but they'll respawn if you die or go back to Hunter's Dream.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2015, 02:37:05 am »
Ah. And dying and returning to the Hunter's Dream is a very regular occurence, I've gathered. So there's no let-up at all with this game!  ;D

I love how heavy and atmospheric and non-hand-holdy this sounds, but knowing me, I'd just feel like sacking the game off if I'd navigated an extremely tricky passage of play after like a million attempts, only to die and have to do it all again to get to the same point. I can see that's where the addiction comes from, a refusal to admit defeat, but I'd be more confident about my chances of successs in it if I knew I could 'conquer' an area for good, and just explore the nooks & crannies without constantly having to watch my back.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2015, 03:12:10 am »
Ah. And dying and returning to the Hunter's Dream is a very regular occurence, I've gathered. So there's no let-up at all with this game!  ;D

I love how heavy and atmospheric and non-hand-holdy this sounds, but knowing me, I'd just feel like sacking the game off if I'd navigated an extremely tricky passage of play after like a million attempts, only to die and have to do it all again to get to the same point. I can see that's where the addiction comes from, a refusal to admit defeat, but I'd be more confident about my chances of successs in it if I knew I could 'conquer' an area for good, and just explore the nooks & crannies without constantly having to watch my back.

There's plenty of shortcuts to open up so if you get killed by a boss or far into an area you don't have to travel too far to get back to where you died, also I wouldn't say any of the bog standard enemies are that difficult once you learn where they are and their attack patterns, also if you play in online mode there's plenty of messages left by other players warning you of any surprises

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:15:35 am by FiSh77 »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2015, 04:03:08 am »
There's plenty of shortcuts to open up so if you get killed by a boss or far into an area you don't have to travel too far to get back to where you died, also I wouldn't say any of the bog standard enemies are that difficult once you learn where they are and their attack patterns, also if you play in online mode there's plenty of messages left by other players warning you of any surprises
Absolutely.  I've played for around 6 hours, but if I re-started and tried to get back to where I am now, it would probably take me half an hour.  Knowing the enemies and knowing what your character is capable of (will it take 2 hits or 3 hits for me to finish someone off?) is half the battle.  The mechanics of executing on your knowledge aren't all that complicated.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2015, 09:12:42 pm »
This game is f**king awesome! Been hardly able to pull myself away from it since Friday!  ;D

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2015, 09:40:22 pm »
it's like digital crack

really opens up after the 3rd boss, beaten 4 bosses now and got a good blood echoes farming run going, up to level 60 now

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2015, 10:14:45 pm »
it's like digital crack

really opens up after the 3rd boss, beaten 4 bosses now and got a good blood echoes farming run going, up to level 60 now
I've been really cautious about not levelling up too much after fucking myself in Dark Souls 2, by levelling up loads without progressing very far, so I couldn't ever get a summon.

Is there anything like that in this game or can you summon or be summoned regardless?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2015, 10:20:57 pm »
Gonna be on it after work tonight. Got a couple of mates starting at the same time. Should be good. @thekitkatshuffler the point about leveling up too quickly is a good one, they have a similar tier thing in BB so if you get too far you wan't be able to summon mates etc.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2015, 10:10:44 am »
Ive been playing this bastard game and not realising i can replenish my health with blood vials and square button! So ive been running the gauntlet on one bar of health since friday up to the wolves on the bridge on one health bar!!!!!!!

In fact i was using dpad up and unwittingly creating blood bullets off my HP!!!!!!!

Talk about making a tough bastard tougher!

Love it though. My character looks like Tom Petty! We should post our characters.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2015, 01:03:25 pm »
I've been really cautious about not levelling up too much after fucking myself in Dark Souls 2, by levelling up loads without progressing very far, so I couldn't ever get a summon.

Is there anything like that in this game or can you summon or be summoned regardless?

i can't help it, hate seeing souls/blood echoes going to waste :)

once you open up some of the later areas you can make loads on a single run through

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2015, 03:02:29 pm »
Got to forbidden forest or something like that. It's a good ol time... :)

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2015, 03:58:30 pm »
best area in the game so far, keep getting twatted by the boss though

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2015, 04:27:32 pm »
Good to hear it opens up after the 3rd boss, beat the 2nd the other night and havent been on it much since. Going to have another crack at it tonight.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2015, 07:35:15 pm »
it's like digital crack

Ha ha, nice way to sum it up!  ;D

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2015, 07:47:05 pm »
Fucking dogs on the bridge...
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2015, 08:15:49 pm »
Fucking dogs on the bridge...

;D Where?

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2015, 08:25:28 pm »
I can't get past the fat bastard with the axe about 5 minutes in. 
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2015, 08:34:22 pm »
I can't get past the fat bastard with the axe about 5 minutes in. 

if it's the one i'm thinking of don't fight him until you're strong enough as he's in a dead end anyway and won't bother you unless you go near him, there's some loot down there but can't remember what it is

you need to be going the other way anyway to get to the first boss and open up a few shortcuts

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2015, 09:23:39 pm »
I can't even get past the first boss here. Is arm is too long and I can never predict how many swings he's gonna take.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2015, 09:45:27 pm »
;D Where?
Right at the beggining lol. Only just started playing it.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2015, 10:59:50 pm »
Right at the beggining lol. Only just started playing it.

A bullet really slows those mofo's down!  ;)

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2015, 11:04:35 pm »
A bullet really slows those mofo's down!  ;)
Cheers! not been using the blunderbuss. The fucking kane is lovely. Fire also. Like DS, works with them pesky dogs. Just love the way, this time they have based it on agility, but if you get a bit too cocky...YOU DIED.....!

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2015, 11:04:38 pm »
I can't even get past the first boss here. Is arm is too long and I can never predict how many swings he's gonna take.

Use the bell to summon some help if you are stuck...you get the bell after you have faced the first boss once back at the Hunters Dream, near the doll. You need to have at least one insight to summon help though, they are the number shown under your blood echos.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2015, 01:15:27 am »
Use the bell to summon some help if you are stuck...you get the bell after you have faced the first boss once back at the Hunters Dream, near the doll. You need to have at least one insight to summon help though, they are the number shown under your blood echos.

One little tip: the amount of insight you have at a point can change how you perceive the game. :)

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2015, 07:50:59 pm »
Done the cleric beast. Also near the start you have that ogre fella with the big axe, I killed him and there's fucking nothing there where he was patrolling.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 1, 2015, 04:52:54 pm »
Beaten darkbeast paarl, took me 7 or 8 attempts, rage quit last night then beat it first try today after calming down :D

Also started one of the chalice dungeons, done the first layer and killed the mini boss, will continue it later but it makes a change from the regular levels
« Last Edit: April 1, 2015, 05:27:59 pm by FiSh77 »

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 1, 2015, 05:16:13 pm »
Done the cleric beast. Also near the start you have that ogre fella with the big axe, I killed him and there's fucking nothing there where he was patrolling.
All you get is random drops. Mate got a good gem. I got 4 vials of blood. Depends how much Arcane you have.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 1, 2015, 07:03:27 pm »
completed the first chalice dungeon, supposed to be procedurally generated but i'll put it in spoiler tags anyway just in case

Spoiler
there were 3 layers to the dungeon, each on had a locked gate which led to the boss so just a case of finding the lever to unlock it which was always guarded by a big fat fucker, first layer boss was another fatty, 2nd layer 3 fatties one of which had a blunderbuss so was a case of luring the others away from it and dealing with them 1 at a time, the main boss was a massive fire breathing dog, i wanted to upload a video of it but was broadcasting at the time so it didn't save the video and i've not enabled archiving on my twitch account but found this one on youtube of the same boss

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dtQvD0kYZ9g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dtQvD0kYZ9g</a>

[close]

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #113 on: April 2, 2015, 07:50:57 am »
loving this game. beat that cleric boss last night, felt like an achievement once i downed him! i originally played dark souls 2 as my friends enjoyed the series, i played very little of it on single player as i didnt enjoy it, in fact i would have sold it if it hadnt of been for the co op part, but this game is ace. cant wait to get home and play it. i really need to learn how to use that gun to stun and counter, i get twatted every time i use it.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: April 2, 2015, 07:53:14 am »
loving this game. beat that cleric boss last night, felt like an achievement once i downed him! i originally played dark souls 2 as my friends enjoyed the series, i played very little of it on single player as i didnt enjoy it, in fact i would have sold it if it hadnt of been for the co op part, but this game is ace. cant wait to get home and play it. i really need to learn how to use that gun to stun and counter, i get twatted every time i use it.

Just practice on some weak enemies for the gun, it's basically the equivalent of parrying, once you get the timing down it'll become like second nature.

Offline Zephyr

• Thinks of RAWK whilst pleasuring himself
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #115 on: April 2, 2015, 10:03:21 pm »
Bloody wish this one was coming to the Xbone.
Mint-Berry Crunch!

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
« Reply #116 on: April 3, 2015, 12:11:59 pm »
Beaten darkbeast paarl, took me 7 or 8 attempts, rage quit last night then beat it first try today after calming down :D

Also started one of the chalice dungeons, done the first layer and killed the mini boss, will continue it later but it makes a change from the regular levels
Took Paarl done first time, Ebrietas or whatever is ruining me though.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 3, 2015, 09:04:45 pm »
Struggling massively with the first boss.  :-[

Doesn't help when you read it's supposed to be pretty easy.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 3, 2015, 09:07:18 pm »
Struggling massively with the first boss.  :-[

Doesn't help when you read it's supposed to be pretty easy.

Don't lock on, stay close to his legs and the back of him. Roll often  and r2 his legs. Get your vitality up too. I used seven vials during that battle too so stock up
« Last Edit: April 3, 2015, 09:09:41 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 3, 2015, 10:01:46 pm »
Don't lock on, stay close to his legs and the back of him. Roll often  and r2 his legs. Get your vitality up too. I used seven vials during that battle too so stock up
Cheers. It helped, but still not done it after a couple more attempts, ran out of vials so going to have to go searching for more as well. Going to have to remember not to touch this game after we lose.