Author Topic: How many points would you expect in the next 5 league games - 2014/15 edition  (Read 99404 times)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Re: How many points would you expect in the next 5 league games - 2014/15 edition
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2014, 10:21:11 am »
It's the league mainly.  We need to start getting results.  I'd take dropping into the EL if it meant we got back into the top 4 by the end of the season.

In fact, I think the EL would be a good experience for this current Liverpool team.

There is no better experience than being in the CL mate. Playing the likes of Real, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, Juve etc, even if we lose, is better for the players than travelling to Zenit, Villareal, Feyenoord etc. We need to get used to playing at the very top level and get used to competing against the very best teams in Europe. It will push our standards higher and help us strive to be the best.

Forget the CL or EL though. We need to start winning in the league. We are already on the verge of collapse and we're extremely lucky that the likes of Spurs, City, UTD, Everton & Arsenal have been poor too or we could already be out of the running of the top 4. Our next 5-6 PL games are crucial and we need to win 4-5 of them to get ourselves back on track. The way we've been playing this season I'd be surprised if we can get that type of run together but having Sturridge back may give the rest of the players a lift and we might finally 'click'. That's what I hope will happen anyway.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
Re: How many points would you expect in the next 5 league games - 2014/15 edition
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2014, 10:21:39 am »
If it was played on the same nights as CL then I'd take it all day long now, but history tells us that playing Thurs/Sunday does not go hand in hand with finishing in the top 4.

I think we needed 'experience' before we had a go in the CL, and it's coming home to roost now. I'll be really honest mate, I don't know whether I'd rather finish 3rd, or 4th if we don't get through. I think the EL would be more trouble than it's worth unless we think we're going to win it. And it pains me to say that being 'old school'.
 :)

Palace will not be easy, at all. Stoke have just won at Spurs, Leicester have decent form at home and could go either way, Utd are no better than us, but home advantage could make the difference, the only game you couldn't make excuses for is the Sunderland one.
Honestly, I can see as few as 3/4 points, but flip the coin and I can also see 10-12.

I know what you mean by the schedule.  It's difficult to manage and we've seen other sides underperform as a consequence.

But you look at a side like Atletico who under a young manager won the EL & built on that success.  No doubt winning the EL contributed to building a successful title winning team.  Not to mention almost winning the CL.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2014, 10:25:19 am »
I know what you mean by the schedule.  It's difficult to manage and we've seen other sides underperform as a consequence.

But you look at a side like Atletico who under a young manager won the EL & built on that success.  No doubt winning the EL contributed to building a successful title winning team.  Not to mention almost winning the CL.

Absolutely.

Europe though, as it stands comes a distant 2nd in the need to find form.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2014, 10:31:13 am »
Absolutely.

Europe though, as it stands comes a distant 2nd in the need to find form.
Yep, agree.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: November 21, 2014, 07:34:59 pm »
I reckon we need an absolute minimum of 10 points

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: November 21, 2014, 07:38:39 pm »
Depends on what sort of expectation. Looking at the fixtures and presuming the team actually functions as they are capable then 12 or 15. If it's expectation based on current form then anywhere between 0 and 15.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: November 22, 2014, 11:37:59 am »
Depends on what sort of expectation. Looking at the fixtures and presuming the team actually functions as they are capable then 12 or 15. If it's expectation based on current form then anywhere between 0 and 15.

They need it. Reckon if we get less than 15 or 16 points in the games left in this calendar year then we will be out of the running of the top 4.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #247 on: November 22, 2014, 11:52:08 am »
They need it. Reckon if we get less than 15 or 16 points in the games left in this calendar year then we will be out of the running of the top 4.
Yeah. And I fear that we wont get into double digits, considering the rut we find ourselves in.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: November 22, 2014, 11:59:36 am »
I reckon we need an absolute minimum of 10 points

Bare minimum - that would be enough to retain the current distance from the top and not lose much more ground.
However we need more then that, we need to start climbing back. Below 10 and we're effectively out of it, above 10 and there's some hope yet for this season. We really won't steamroll teams in the second half of the season like we did the one before - might improve, but not that much, so we have to start our slow ascend right now.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2014, 12:57:53 pm »
With Sturridge i thought we could get 11-12 points.
Now i think it will be 7-8. :(

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: November 22, 2014, 03:01:43 pm »
Can not see us getting more than that:

Crystal Palace (A) 1
Stoke  (H) 3           
Leicester (A) 1       
Sunderland (H) 3   
Man Utd (A) 0   

And that's me being optimistic at the moment. However, can also see us grind a win out at Palace, but losing points at home, which would not make any difference in terms of points.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2014, 03:06:45 pm »
All of them! With Brendan now probably realising he will not have Sturridge reliably fit for this season I think we will see him become more pragmatic and make some bold decisions.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: November 22, 2014, 08:15:10 pm »

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: November 22, 2014, 08:32:44 pm »
What I'm hoping for... 12.

What I expect... 5.

Keep the expectations low and you won't end up so disappointed.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2014, 12:06:34 pm »
We need to go on a winning run. It'll be great if we can pull off four wins before going to Utd.

When you see someone like Newcastle go on a five game winning streak, then we should be capable of doing something similar. Before they picked up, they were in a bigger mess than we are in now.

Though it does have a lot to do with Pardew making a success of their change to a counter-attack approach, so credit to him. Rodgers needs to show his credentials too now. It'll be seriously poor management, to let things be as they are.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #255 on: November 23, 2014, 03:15:24 pm »
We need to go on a winning run. It'll be great if we can pull off four wins before going to Utd.

When you see someone like Newcastle go on a five game winning streak, then we should be capable of doing something similar. Before they picked up, they were in a bigger mess than we are in now.

Though it does have a lot to do with Pardew making a success of their change to a counter-attack approach, so credit to him. Rodgers needs to show his credentials too now. It'll be seriously poor management, to let things be as they are.

No chances of that winning run with this squad lacking confidence.

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
« Reply #256 on: November 23, 2014, 03:17:22 pm »
What I'm hoping for... 12.

What I expect... 5.

Keep the expectations low and you won't end up so disappointed.
We'll struggle to get that at this rate..

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #257 on: November 23, 2014, 03:19:31 pm »
We'd be lucky to get 1 at this stage

Offline Juliman

• Kopite
« Reply #258 on: November 23, 2014, 03:20:15 pm »
QPR, Hull, Newcastle, Chelsea, Crystal Palace

4 points. That's just very depressing, isn't it?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: November 23, 2014, 03:20:35 pm »
Palace's first win since September!!!!

I expect nothing over the next five games.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #260 on: November 23, 2014, 03:22:15 pm »
0?

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: November 23, 2014, 03:22:26 pm »
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: November 23, 2014, 03:22:43 pm »
Anything better than 5 defeats is a bonus
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #263 on: November 23, 2014, 03:22:55 pm »
YNWA - JFT97

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: November 23, 2014, 03:23:44 pm »
Its not all bad. At the rate we are going we may miss out qualifying for the eEuropaleague

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: November 23, 2014, 03:23:47 pm »
We are in serious trouble.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: November 23, 2014, 03:23:53 pm »
Thread title change?

"How Many defeats would you expect over the next five games?"

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: November 23, 2014, 03:24:04 pm »
I'll be happy with 1 point
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #268 on: November 23, 2014, 03:24:19 pm »
The new mission is to stay in the Premiership that require more than 26 points.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2014, 03:24:23 pm »
Enjoy Champions League this year because we aren't getting back in next year. 

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: November 23, 2014, 03:24:35 pm »
We'll miss Europa and can rebuild next season. Transition :scarf
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: November 23, 2014, 03:24:38 pm »
We are in serious serious trouble.

We could end up finishing at the bottom half of the table.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #272 on: November 23, 2014, 03:25:22 pm »
Enjoy Champions League this year because we aren't getting back in next year.

I'd rather take that direction to Europa League.    Three trophies (League Cup, FA Cup and Europa League).

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #273 on: November 23, 2014, 03:25:38 pm »
Thread title change?

"How Many defeats would you expect over the next five games?"

or

"How many points do we need to stay in the league?"

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #274 on: November 23, 2014, 03:27:48 pm »
If we don't start picking up points by Christmas Rodgers will be gone. No way the owners will accept a relegation fight after spending £120m in the summer. Were a shambles and have been 90% of the season. The transfer window will cost Rodgers his job, Replacing Suarez with the crap he's bought is comical.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: November 23, 2014, 03:33:11 pm »
We will struggle against every team we play if we continue to play the same shocking players every week.

We are very very bad. We didn't even lose 4 in a row under Hodge.

We will be in a relegation battle if we continue to play like this with the same players

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #276 on: November 23, 2014, 03:51:12 pm »
We will be in a relegation battle if we continue to play like this with the same players

Are we not in a relegation battle now? 4 points above the drop zone and 6 points, two defeats from the very bottom of the league.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: November 23, 2014, 03:52:51 pm »
Quite simply we need to win 5 or 6 of the next 7 league games otherwise we are out of the running for 4th.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: November 23, 2014, 04:01:48 pm »
Quite simply we need to win 5 or 6 of the next 7 league games otherwise we are out of the running for 4th.

I don't see us winning 1 or 2 games, let alone 5 or 6

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: November 23, 2014, 04:38:19 pm »
I don't see us winning 1 or 2 games, let alone 5 or 6

That may be the case. But the number of wins we need is the stark reality. We will be out of the top four running in December if we don't.