Author Topic: Mighty Red (the LFC Mascot)  (Read 82952 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Mighty Red (the LFC Mascot)
« Reply #280 on: September 11, 2014, 06:54:12 pm »
Aye, let's play a giant fucking *BEEP* noise over the PA whilst we sing it.

Couldn't have anyone hearing naughty words.

That's not what they are suggesting though is it?

I mean it's not a notice on the offy site, it's a picture based on a kids show, on a predominantly kids social network, trying to get a message across not to swear.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: September 11, 2014, 06:58:15 pm »

I mean it's not a notice on the offy site, it's a picture based on a kids show, on a predominantly kids social network, trying to get a message across not to swear.

Great they're doing all this for kids, whilst on the other hand continue to make it one of the most difficult grounds in the country to get kids tickets for and push them into a couple blocks in upper anny road
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline The Batman.

• Kopite
  • I'm Batman...
« Reply #282 on: September 11, 2014, 06:59:09 pm »

Why do you keep saying its a kids social network? Its not.

The biggest demographic on it 18-29. Also, The Simpsons isnt a kids show either but that's beside the point  ;D
“It’s everything. For the people of Liverpool, football is a way of life. For many other cites or countries it’s a sport and it’s a pastime but football here is a way of life”

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #283 on: September 11, 2014, 07:01:37 pm »
Why do you keep saying its a kids social network? Its not.

The biggest demographic on it 18-29. Also, The Simpsons isnt a kids show either but that's beside the point  ;D

90% of Instagram users are under 35, 29% of these are between 18 and 29.

That leaves 71% of them either under 18, or 30-35.

Simpsons is a kids show, it's why it's on before the watershed.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #284 on: September 11, 2014, 07:03:10 pm »
Great they're doing all this for kids, whilst on the other hand continue to make it one of the most difficult grounds in the country to get kids tickets for and push them into a couple blocks in upper anny road

Not much the club can do given the small size of the stadium and huge demand really. They've continually expanded the 'family' zone in recent seasons to make more tickets available, think it's the entire Upper Anny now if i'm not mistaken.

Offline joejack

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #285 on: September 11, 2014, 07:05:10 pm »
Aye, let's play a giant fucking *BEEP* noise over the PA whilst we sing it.

Couldn't have anyone hearing naughty words.

OK, well let's assume that is not going to happen (I think everyone can all agree that is the case).

What exactly is your issue with the Instagram post? How will it affect your match-going day?

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2014, 07:16:22 pm »
OK, well let's assume that is not going to happen (I think everyone can all agree that is the case).

What exactly is your issue with the Instagram post? How will it affect your match-going day?

"Oh Manchester! Oh Manchester! Is full of poo! Is full of poo! Oh Manchester is full of poo."

"Go away, Chelsea FC, you ain't got no history"

"Fergie's right, your fans are of inferior quality, Fergie's right, your fans are of inferior quality."

"Who on earth are Man United? Who on earth are Man United"

Classics.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline joejack

• Main Stander
« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2014, 07:18:47 pm »
"Oh Manchester! Oh Manchester! Is full of poo! Is full of poo! Oh Manchester is full of poo."

"Fergie's right, your fans are of inferior quality, Fergie's right, your fans are of inferior quality."

Classics.

Not sure you understood my question. How is it going to affect your match-going day? Are you going to change the words you sing?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2014, 07:28:44 pm »
Lying yank bastards said he'd never be on the pitch.

Piece by piece trying to take away the soul from this club and turn it into an American franchise

Disgrace. Trying to turn us into some small time outfit like Preston where having some ridiculous figure that looks like something Disney forgot to draw, prancing about like a twat is normal behaviour.

This utter nonsense (that the club assured us wouldn't happen) is on the level of Cheerleaders and music after goals. This isn't LFC. We're meant to have a bit more individuality and class than such bland conformism.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:39:11 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2014, 07:48:04 pm »
Sometimes I think we're to cynical.

We want "entertainment" at matches, and by that I mean exciting footy. But we're not kids who have a different attention span.

Why not let the kids have their bit of "entertainment". If Mighty Red takes 5 minutes to be around while the mascots are out there, so what. The match hasn't started. How many times have we seen Gerrard all but shuffle the mascot(s) off himself after the hand shakes? What's wrong with Mighty Red taking control and leading the mascot(s) off?

Anyway, don't see the harm.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2014, 07:51:43 pm »

Classics.

:lmao

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2014, 07:54:20 pm »
If Mighty Red takes 5 minutes to be around while the mascots are out there, so what.

It was about 45 seconds.

It waited on the side until they'd done the coin toss and all that, then it ran on to have the picture with the kid, captains and refs, then ran back off.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #292 on: September 11, 2014, 07:55:16 pm »
JFT97

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #293 on: September 11, 2014, 07:57:56 pm »
It was about 45 seconds.

It waited on the side until they'd done the coin toss and all that, then it ran on to have the picture with the kid, captains and refs, then ran back off.

Jesus Christ the inhumanity of it all!

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: September 11, 2014, 08:04:18 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #295 on: September 11, 2014, 08:05:11 pm »

What's this got to do with Mighty Red?

Offline sinceIwassix

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #296 on: September 11, 2014, 08:27:53 pm »
While you folks debate how mighty Mighty is or how is he capitalism incarnate, I am going to create an online petition to request LFC stop allowing Mighty Red in the pitch. He can stay in the Family Zone all day long, where he is a great addition.

[I am an OOT, who lives in the states - but even watching it on TV is cringeworthy]
“It’s not important what people think when you come in, but what they think when you leave."

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2014, 08:31:13 pm »
If it was Mighty Redondo you'd all love him. Not his fault he's from Bootle.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2014, 08:35:42 pm »
Mighty Red is our leader!
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2014, 08:37:27 pm »
If it was Mighty Redondo you'd all love him. Not his fault he's from Bootle.

Too fuckin' right my friend.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #300 on: September 11, 2014, 08:44:06 pm »
I'm fucking cringing.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #301 on: September 11, 2014, 08:46:35 pm »
I don`t understand how people can think this is a small matter. To me this is the most provoking thing that has happened at the club since Roy Hodgson was manager/the H&G- era.

I just don`t want that fucking thing inside the ground.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: September 11, 2014, 08:46:41 pm »

It's worth noting that they didn't plan on him being out there for the minutes silence. He was just on the opposite end of the pitch and tried to run off but couldn't make it in time, so it was less awkward for him to stand with the players than for him to keep trying to run off the pitch So I mean you can complain that he was out there in the first place, but it's harsh to be mad at the mascot/Arsenal just because he was out there for the minutes silence, because it clearly wasn't supposed to happen.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: September 11, 2014, 08:49:33 pm »
It's worth noting that they didn't plan on him being out there for the minutes silence. He was just on the opposite end of the pitch and tried to run off but couldn't make it in time, so it was less awkward for him to stand with the players than for him to keep trying to run off the pitch So I mean you can complain that he was out there in the first place, but it's harsh to be mad at the mascot/Arsenal just because he was out there for the minutes silence, because it clearly wasn't supposed to happen.

That`s a risk we just can`t take. Jesus.

Is it me or does that Arsenal mascot`s head look like a green penis?

A green cock dressed in an Arsenal kit during one minute silence.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:51:37 pm by Raaphael »

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: September 11, 2014, 08:51:41 pm »
People still crying about this?

Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: September 11, 2014, 08:56:16 pm »
As a yank I find this whole thing pretty hilarious, just from the standpoint if you compare it to an NFL game then Mighty Red is nothing.  As far as cheerleaders, is it so cold in the north that the sight of some scantily clad women cheering for LFC is too much?  Maybe John Henry has already started this experiment and Rosie Jones is going to be wearing the Mighty Red outfit this Saturday, I guess one can always hope ;)

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: September 11, 2014, 08:59:49 pm »
As a yank I find this whole thing pretty hilarious, just from the standpoint if you compare it to an NFL game then Mighty Red is nothing.  As far as cheerleaders, is it so cold in the north that the sight of some scantily clad women cheering for LFC is too much?  Maybe John Henry has already started this experiment and Rosie Jones is going to be wearing the Mighty Red outfit this Saturday, I guess one can always hope ;)

Which shows that Americans really don`t understand this. And why on earth would anyone compare it to an NFL game?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: September 11, 2014, 08:59:53 pm »
I don`t understand how people can think this is a small matter. To me this is the most provoking thing that has happened at the club since Roy Hodgson was manager/the H&G- era.

I just don`t want that fucking thing inside the ground.

We became just another club when we appointed that fraudulent twat as manager. Nothing can be that bad again but this is in the same sort of territory of not getting what LFC is about at all. What idiots are making these decisions?

Is this a consequence of no football/Liverpool men running things?

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: September 11, 2014, 09:01:27 pm »
Which shows that Americans really don`t understand this.

Correct, I didn't say I understood it.  I don't live in Liverpool and I don't have the cash to fly half way around the world to go to Anfield so I have no opinion on it other than joining in that to outsiders it looks much ado about nothing.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: September 11, 2014, 09:05:33 pm »
Correct, I didn't say I understood it.  I don't live in Liverpool and I don't have the cash to fly half way around the world to go to Anfield so I have no opinion on it other than joining in that to outsiders it looks much ado about nothing.

It`s not. It`s a big deal. Liverpool IS the fans and its history. The tradition of the Kop. Setting standards when it comes to terrace culture. That`s the whole point. There`s a lot of pride in that. Mascots just ain`t in any way part of something that should be inside Anfield. Ever. Anfield is holy ground. It`s far from nothing.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:12:54 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: September 11, 2014, 09:07:55 pm »
What will be next; plastic flags or the music after goals?

Shame on you LFC!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: September 11, 2014, 09:24:33 pm »
kids don't give a fuck about getting a picture with this twat, they only care about being with the players. Keep the pitch sacred, bad move by the club.

Fuckin dead right mate.  There was one little scouse lad about 7 who sat behind me in the Kop with his uncle all of last season.  There's no way on earth he gave a flying fuck about things like Mighty Red.  He was more interested in Sturridge and Suarez.

I don't think it's necessarily down to JWH and the American contingent either.  John Henry would explode if someone brought mighty Red up in one of his board meetings I suspect.

I must admit though that picture above of that Green Arsenal Mascot with his head down during the one minutes silence is pretty Horrific.

To be honest I don't think LFC overkill on mighty Red like some of the lower clubs I've been too.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #312 on: September 11, 2014, 09:34:36 pm »
Pete...you had me take your picture with Mighty Red and had him sign a shirt. Let's not be hypocrits here.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: September 11, 2014, 09:39:21 pm »
It`s not. It`s a big deal. Liverpool IS the fans and its history. The tradition of the Kop. Setting standards when it comes to terrace culture. That`s the whole point. There`s a lot of pride in that. Mascots just ain`t in any way part of something that should be inside Anfield. Ever. Anfield is holy ground. It`s far from nothing.

Not just for you but others..

If Anfield is Holy ground where were you when:

They took down Bill Shankly's This Is Anfield sign and replaced it?

They changed the colour of the nets?

They changed the corner flags?

They put in the clock and scoreboard down by The Kop?

They moved the electronic advertising hoardings in?

Edit: forgot one...when the players used to come out onto the pitch during YNWA. That's been changed a couple times as well.

Yet, you're more pissed about Mighty Red escorting off the mascot(s), which means he'll be out there for all to see for 2 minutes. Yet, all the other changes are there during the whole match.

Although tbf, Rodgers has changed some back which i'm sure some will point out yet those changes lasted years before Rodgers.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:45:52 pm by 4pool »

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #314 on: September 11, 2014, 09:46:04 pm »
Not trying to be funny here but would people be more tolerant of Mighty Red if we put Glen Johnson in the suit?
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: September 11, 2014, 09:46:55 pm »
A mascot is different. It`s so against everything that the supporter culture at Anfield has represented throughout the years. We make fun of clubs like Chelsea for their plastic flags. Why would we somewhat move into that direction?  It`s just an embarrasment and fucking cringeworthy.

And who the fuck wants it in the first place?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:50:14 pm by Raaphael »

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
« Reply #316 on: September 11, 2014, 09:50:21 pm »

Classics.

;D anyone else read this and think of raffles the gentleman thug from the viz

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #317 on: September 11, 2014, 09:51:33 pm »
A mascot is different. It`s so against everything that the supporter culture at Anfield has represented throughout the years. We make fun of clubs like Chelsea for their plastic flags. Why would we somewhat move into that direction?  It`s just an embarrasment and fucking cringeworthy.

It's no where near moving into that 'territory'. Comparing giving away plastic flags in non attempt to create an atmosphere to a mascot running on for 45 seconds to have a picture then go right back off the pitch is ridiculous.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: September 11, 2014, 09:56:31 pm »

OK its only a scoreboard and people will think that a few ‘traditionalists’ are over-reacting, but honestly do not think that this is the case. It may be just a digital clock replacing a ‘faced’ clock, it may be a monstrosity like the ones visible at Villa Park, Goodison and elsewhere, I simply do not know.

Some will say it is merely a decision that has been taken to replace the clocks with digital ones, but why are they there in the first place? Who’s idea was that? Ohh Calsberg! Who paid for them? Ooh Carlsberg. Who had no option…..oh us.

Is this the same Carlsberg that chooses to advertise the S*n in their television advertisement campaign?

What I do know is that I have never heard a Liverpool fan say “I wish we had an electronic scoreboard”. It may be a burning topic of conversation at OSC or board meetings, or maybe I’m totally out of tune with the average Liverpool fan and Anfield-goer but I don’t think that anybody once this.

The rest of the post is here:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=18358.msg261858#msg261858

And if your bored you can read the first thread on the scoreboard and all the negativity:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=18340.msg261503#msg261503

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: September 11, 2014, 09:57:12 pm »
It's no where near moving into that 'territory'. Comparing giving away plastic flags in non attempt to create an atmosphere to a mascot running on for 45 seconds to have a picture then go right back off the pitch is ridiculous.

That`s the beginning though, ain`t it? First they said it wouldn`t be in the ground at all. But it was both at the open training session in preseason and against Soton.

I just don`t like the development. To me it seems like they`re testing out the water to get people used to the idea gradually. We`ll see. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:58:48 pm by Raaphael »