Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1782330 times)

Offline your djemba djembas

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #13280 on: October 10, 2022, 02:20:01 pm »
I don't go to any Liverpool games deliberately, as I know I don't offer much vocally (it's just my personality). I wish others would consider likewise
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 10:25:43 am by your djemba djembas »

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13281 on: October 10, 2022, 04:38:21 pm »
I don't go to any Liverpool guys deliberately, as I know I don't offer much vocally (it's just my personality). I wish others would consider likewise

That's silly. Everybody supports the team in their own way.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #13282 on: October 10, 2022, 10:28:04 pm »
That's silly. Everybody supports the team in their own way.
Correct, but the answer to his question is to go in the main stand?
I’ve been brought up with thinking if you want to stand and make an atmosphere get in the kop.
If not get in the main stand, too many people want to experience the kop without contributing

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13283 on: October 10, 2022, 11:23:27 pm »
Well… this is a time where the team need the fans behind them 100%, they’ve given us some amazing memories over the past few seasons. They’re having a rough patch. They need us now more than ever, they’ve got enough credit in the bank to have earned that!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13284 on: October 10, 2022, 11:42:23 pm »
Well… this is a time where the team need the fans behind them 100%, they’ve given us some amazing memories over the past few seasons. They’re having a rough patch. They need us now more than ever, they’ve got enough credit in the bank to have earned that!
The whole ground needs to be right up for it against Abu Dhabi. Total support and noise throughout.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #13285 on: October 11, 2022, 08:08:04 am »
The whole ground needs to be right up for it against Abu Dhabi. Total support and noise throughout.
The players MUST play their part too. Need to start the game well if they want the crowd on board. Get straight into them, front foot, no half measures. Carry on where we left off in that second half against Arsenal and we’ll be in trouble.

Anfield (and I’m talking the non-tourist part that’s been going for years…the part that their mood is what really dictates how the atmosphere is) is unusual in that it can believe in the virtually impossible and make incredible and highly unlikely things happen, we all know that….BUT it can also be ruthlessly realistic / fatalistic. If we start badly, look timid, the realism will take over. It’s rare, especially in the Klopp era, but it could become toxic. Start the game well however and that defiance and belief has a massive chance. Other factors like the ref and the behaviour of the city players come into play. But all eyes will be on our players and how much they want the win.

Get our noses in front then work our collective bollocks off to keep the best team in the league at bay. Get stuck into that big freak and let the crowd carry you to victory. Needs intelligence, effort, bravery and a slice of luck (and Christ we deserve some of that). Big chance to kick start the season. Grasp it Reds.

Small matter of Rangers first!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 08:11:10 am by Red_Mist »

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13286 on: October 11, 2022, 08:21:29 am »

I'm actually glad we're playing this lot at the weekend rather than having a tame Saturday afternoon fixture which I reckon would be even riskier.  Playing City right now could be a season-changer. Anfield in the right mood can really influence the outcome of this one by cranking up the atmosphere and putting the pressure on their players and the officials.  Conversely, it could go the other way and we could hammered but if it does, so what. At least we’ll have turned up.  We’ve got to go for this one right from the start and give the players total 90 minute support.
 I reckon we're only one or two important wins away from getting back on track. Fair enough, we're not going to win the league but we're not as bad a team overnight as some will have you believe. Yes, we need an overhaul and new faces need to be drafted in, but a few rubs of the green , a couple of 50-50 decisions in our favour and  we could get the season back ontrack...ish. 
Everyone will have this one down for a massive City win. Bollocks. This is the perfect opportunity for us to influence things,  change our own players’ psychology and give them back some belief in their ability.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13287 on: October 11, 2022, 08:23:15 am »
Oh, and not go one nil down after 5 minutes!!!

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13288 on: October 11, 2022, 09:01:22 am »

I hope it is! Needs to be bouncing as it should be for City at home! City players can’t handle hostile atmospheres they flap it.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13289 on: October 11, 2022, 09:44:36 am »
Oh, and not go one nil down after 5 minutes!!!

Even that would be an improvement on Sunday’s opening goal. :D

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13290 on: October 11, 2022, 12:24:53 pm »
I’ve been brought up with thinking if you want to stand and make an atmosphere get in the kop.
If not get in the main stand, too many people want to experience the kop without contributing

I probably said this on about page 256.

It's not that easy.

In the old days we'd have around 7,000 young lads behind the goal making loads of noise. They'd get old in the tooth, move to the side of the Kop then retire in either the Main Stand or Kemlyn.

The 7,000 old farts behind the goal were the ones making all the noise behind the goal years ago. But moving to the side of the Kop isn't possible. And then moving to the Main Stand or Kenny, even more impossible.

And if they could move, would you blame them if they didn't? Back in the day, there was only a few quid difference between the Kop and side stands. Now you're looking up to £30 per match.

And even if they did move, who'd really replace them? It wouldn't be 7,000 young scouse lads like back in the day.

The old conveyor belt system's been broken for years and there's no going back to it.

Just go the match, enjoy it for what it is...and you never know he might start shouting (as I've said loads of times atmosphere isn't limited to singing).

And as I've said loads of times before - we'd almost given up singing in the 80s. There were times you could hear somebody on the other side of the Kop cough. But all it'd take would be a bad tackle, bad ref decision or even a cat on the pitch and the place would turn into a bear pit.

Consiously 'contributing' is part of the problem, especially in 306 which should be booted.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 12:30:30 pm by Billy Elliot »

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13291 on: October 11, 2022, 12:47:53 pm »

Despite my above post...I do agree.

It had me thinking about Gerrards last match, I had a spare for the Road End.

There were loads of touristy types outside The Park (more than usual). Of course, I was looking for face value but they weren't interested. Then along came the touts. The touristy types were handing over wads of cash (I'd say around £500) and hugging and kissing the touts and everything. I had a job selling my face value ticket.

But that's only a small part of the problem, and probably a bit unfair because some of them might have gone in shouting and that. Probably went up to 306 and joined in with PST whilst we're trying to defend a corner.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #13292 on: October 11, 2022, 03:40:30 pm »
Even if the cheats are twatting us on Sunday, we should sing our hearts out non stop for Klopp and the lads, they deserve it more than any other team in our history I reckon and they must be hurting at present.

Such a show of vocal support will show the world what sets us apart from the rest, and you can bet it'll will piss everybody off no end in the process.

If things go wrong for us on Sunday, everybody will love the thought of a silent, disillusioned Anfield, end of an era and all that bollocks!

Fuck that..let them have it with both barrels, Klopp in particular would love that and Pep will be green with envy, knowing how pathetic the support for his team is.

It might well be the 'end of era' on the pitch, but no way on The Kop, we should make that clear in no uncertain terms.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #13293 on: October 11, 2022, 03:55:56 pm »
Even at our poorest lows in the 90's and 00's..the crowd turned up for the big games to help lift the lads...but this game(s) after several years of prime Liverpool when the crowd ' enjoyed' itself with great atmosphers off great performances presents a challenge .

Sunday presents something different....its a.test for the team...but a big test of what the current Anfield crowd is made of.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13294 on: October 11, 2022, 07:29:16 pm »
Even if the cheats are twatting us on Sunday, we should sing our hearts out non stop for Klopp and the lads, they deserve it more than any other team in our history I reckon and they must be hurting at present.

Such a show of vocal support will show the world what sets us apart from the rest, and you can bet it'll will piss everybody off no end in the process.

If things go wrong for us on Sunday, everybody will love the thought of a silent, disillusioned Anfield, end of an era and all that bollocks!

Fuck that..let them have it with both barrels, Klopp in particular would love that and Pep will be green with envy, knowing how pathetic the support for his team is.

It might well be the 'end of era' on the pitch, but no way on The Kop, we should make that clear in no uncertain terms.

This!  Well said Mike mate. It's got to be this...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13295 on: October 15, 2022, 11:13:25 pm »
There's no stadium in the world that can affect results like our place when we're up for it.....anyone who's got a ticket tomorrow has that responsiblity. Make your voices heard or give your ticket to someone who will. It's that important.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13296 on: October 16, 2022, 09:41:43 am »
There's no stadium in the world that can affect results like our place when we're up for it.....anyone who's got a ticket tomorrow has that responsiblity. Make your voices heard or give your ticket to someone who will. It's that important.

100% with anfield at its very best we can beat anyone!

Online SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #13297 on: October 16, 2022, 09:43:02 am »
Hopefully everyone has had their weetabix today
YNWA

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #13298 on: October 16, 2022, 09:58:29 am »
I probably said this on about page 256.

It's not that easy.

In the old days we'd have around 7,000 young lads behind the goal making loads of noise. They'd get old in the tooth, move to the side of the Kop then retire in either the Main Stand or Kemlyn.

The 7,000 old farts behind the goal were the ones making all the noise behind the goal years ago. But moving to the side of the Kop isn't possible. And then moving to the Main Stand or Kenny, even more impossible.

And if they could move, would you blame them if they didn't? Back in the day, there was only a few quid difference between the Kop and side stands. Now you're looking up to £30 per match.

And even if they did move, who'd really replace them? It wouldn't be 7,000 young scouse lads like back in the day.

The old conveyor belt system's been broken for years and there's no going back to it.

Just go the match, enjoy it for what it is...and you never know he might start shouting (as I've said loads of times atmosphere isn't limited to singing).

And as I've said loads of times before - we'd almost given up singing in the 80s. There were times you could hear somebody on the other side of the Kop cough. But all it'd take would be a bad tackle, bad ref decision or even a cat on the pitch and the place would turn into a bear pit.

Consiously 'contributing' is part of the problem, especially in 306 which should be booted.

100% spot on.
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #13299 on: October 16, 2022, 10:00:42 am »
Need everyone in the stadium getting absolutely into these pricks today. Show them what they’ll never have.  :scarf

Online SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #13300 on: October 16, 2022, 11:55:06 am »
Seen a bit of a movement on twitter for a minutes applause on 14th minute for the young girl leona harper who was killed in donegal. Wonder is there anything official yet?
YNWA

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #13301 on: October 16, 2022, 12:03:07 pm »
Seen a bit of a movement on twitter for a minutes applause on 14th minute for the young girl leona harper who was killed in donegal. Wonder is there anything official yet?

I mentioned this in today's pre match thread, not sure if it's an official thoughtful gesture of just fan led.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #13302 on: October 16, 2022, 07:11:53 pm »
Best atmosphere in a long time there. Memorable one that

Offline Teapot Bob

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13303 on: October 16, 2022, 07:33:11 pm »
Much better today. Obviously once we scored it was booming but even before that it was much, much better than we've had in the league for a long time

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #13304 on: October 16, 2022, 08:07:35 pm »
When needed, Anfield delivers.

Just got back. Outstanding today.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13305 on: October 16, 2022, 09:45:54 pm »
That's the thing you see. It's not there all the time, but that's what makes the special times special.

PHIL FODEN....YER MA'S A.....
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #13306 on: October 16, 2022, 09:54:56 pm »
After we scored was the loudest I've heard that stadium in a very long time, potentially even louder than some title races. It was ruthless. It was almost like a CL Semi final after the 75th.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #13307 on: October 16, 2022, 10:05:46 pm »
The Allez Allez Allez chant on 75 minutes was incredible

Anfield when it is that feral and that loud is just so special

Also like how Foden has replaced the abuse Sterling got from us.

No idea if his ma is indeed a fat slag but it made me laugh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13308 on: October 16, 2022, 10:06:53 pm »
Sounded excellent. Well done everyone present. It mightn't be there all the time but it's always just around the corner. There's no stadium in the world that can affect the outcome of a football match like our place.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13309 on: October 16, 2022, 10:19:26 pm »
Loved it, no voice, but these are the games when nothing beats being at Anfield. Makes the shite in the world disappear for a while. Roll on Wednesday and a final fuck off manc twats.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #13310 on: October 16, 2022, 10:48:16 pm »
The Allez Allez Allez chant on 75 minutes was incredible

Anfield when it is that feral and that loud is just so special

Also like how Foden has replaced the abuse Sterling got from us.

No idea if his ma is indeed a fat slag but it made me laugh

Genuinely took a step back in the Upper Main Stand and just looked at all parts of the stadium going nuts, It was special.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #13311 on: October 16, 2022, 10:49:28 pm »
Sounded amazing today.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #13312 on: October 16, 2022, 11:14:13 pm »
Is right. Incredible atmosphere today. All the oil money in the world can’t buy that.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #13313 on: October 16, 2022, 11:20:30 pm »
Anfield sounded great today.

I’m 5,000 miles from it it right now and I got up off the couch to top up my coffee just as they broke into Allez Allez Allez, I did a little jig and sang along myself.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13314 on: October 16, 2022, 11:57:40 pm »
Brilliant today- at its absolute feral best

Got no voice left from calling Taylor a Manc c*nt for 100 mins but thought we were great on and off the pitch

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #13315 on: October 17, 2022, 03:23:43 pm »
Think some of our best atmospheres are when we're the underdogs in a game which has certainly been the case against City a handful of times over the last 5 or so years. Even Carabao and FA cup matches where we've put weakened teams out have ended up going in our favor as the crowd know it won't be a stroll in the park and rise to the occasion.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13316 on: October 17, 2022, 10:35:21 pm »
The underdog tag or at least even money chance awakens many from their nonchalent slumbers.  That said a moment of controversy really gets things going particularly when some of the crowd had sensed an inevitable City win.  The disallowed goal raised the tempo and belief with the last 15 minutes being exceptional.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13317 on: October 18, 2022, 02:21:30 pm »
Atmosphere was unreal, loved it. My favourite game to be at in a long time, atmosphere wise. Nothing like Anfield when it's like that. Guardiola is so jealous that his tin pot team and tin pot supporters could never have what we have. Love it.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13318 on: October 18, 2022, 02:32:15 pm »
Brilliant today- at its absolute feral best

Got no voice left from calling Taylor a Manc c*nt for 100 mins but thought we were great on and off the pitch

I actually went the other way. Learnt I have a much louder and more gutteral shouting voice than I previously thought.

Thanks you manc prick.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13319 on: October 18, 2022, 02:34:13 pm »
Think some of our best atmospheres are when we're the underdogs in a game which has certainly been the case against City a handful of times over the last 5 or so years. Even Carabao and FA cup matches where we've put weakened teams out have ended up going in our favor as the crowd know it won't be a stroll in the park and rise to the occasion.

Dare I say it but all of them have I think. When the crowd knows they could be that 1% of difference that gets the lads over the line, they step up. Sometimes that starts before the game, sometimes it's in the game. But it's why people shouldn't get too despondent when the atmosphere's shit against Norwich or someone on a midday kick off.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.