Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2521915 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #800 on: March 10, 2015, 04:53:12 pm »
I know, but the last time I said a larger figure Al went on one of his tirades so I decided to play it safe  ;D

Ah - OK.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #801 on: March 10, 2015, 09:49:16 pm »
Any pics?

if nobody posts any before the weekend mate ill do another update.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #802 on: March 11, 2015, 06:42:30 am »
Thank you
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #803 on: March 11, 2015, 10:25:08 am »
worry about filling the capacity when its built then think about extending the ground in years to come

gradual process from here on in what do any harm
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline ultimatewarrior

• Main Stander
« Reply #805 on: March 11, 2015, 05:10:31 pm »
Maybe a mistake - anyway, this is the relationship at the moment:

The Centenary 'dwarfs' the Kop but what you read is the lower tier of the Centenary and the sheer scale of the single bank of the Kop.

The Kop will look just fine as it will read against the lower tier of the new Main Stand which is the whole of the existing Main Stand.
Hey Al , I'm really curious by what you mean by 'dwarfs' ? Do you know what are the heights of the last row in both stands? The look quite similar in height to be fair.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #806 on: March 11, 2015, 05:23:34 pm »
Hey Al , I'm really curious by what you mean by 'dwarfs' ? Do you know what are the heights of the last row in both stands? The look quite similar in height to be fair.

Having sat not too far from the back of the Upper Centenary since it was built, I can tell you first hand it's definitely much higher.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite

Offline JCM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #808 on: March 11, 2015, 07:43:59 pm »
Great Progress !!!

LFC Collectables

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #809 on: March 11, 2015, 10:31:21 pm »
That's a bit of building.... That's waaaaay more than a spade....

Exciting!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #810 on: March 11, 2015, 10:33:09 pm »
First things first before celebrating getting out the ground - is that safety rail fitted properly or not?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #811 on: March 11, 2015, 10:34:34 pm »
First things first before celebrating getting out the ground - is that safety rail fitted properly or not?

The fella in the diigger isn't wearing a hard hat, whats the world coming to......
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #812 on: March 11, 2015, 11:42:35 pm »
Lads there's a great video of the steel work that'll be carried out by Severfield as part of the build up on the Anfield thread on skyscrapercity. Havent seen it before nor have I seen it here so here's the link. Very impressive and also exciting! Post number 1166.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=210414&page=59

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:47:12 pm by kopdude81 »
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #814 on: March 12, 2015, 06:53:35 am »
Lads there's a great video of the steel work that'll be carried out by Severfield as part of the build up on the Anfield thread on skyscrapercity. Havent seen it before nor have I seen it here so here's the link. Very impressive and also exciting! Post number 1166.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=210414&page=59

Wow

That's incredible.  By the end of the season the steel will largely be up.

By the end of October the new roof and all the superstructure will be done. 

Fascinating stuff.  Hope that someone can embed.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #815 on: March 12, 2015, 07:18:36 am »
So how accurate is that regarding crane positioning? Sorry if already covered, but there doesn't seem to be any on-pitch interference regarding the grass relaying issue?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: March 12, 2015, 07:22:58 am »
So how accurate is that regarding crane positioning? Sorry if already covered, but there doesn't seem to be any on-pitch interference regarding the grass relaying issue?

It's indicative but fairly accurate - the cranes won't be on the pitch.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: March 12, 2015, 08:51:08 am »
It's indicative but fairly accurate - the cranes won't be on the pitch.

James Pearce in the Echo seems to think the cranes will be on the pitch during the summer, possibly preventing the pitch issues being sorted out.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-liverpool-fcs-hopes-8792133

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #818 on: March 12, 2015, 08:57:38 am »
James Pearce in the Echo seems to think the cranes will be on the pitch during the summer, possibly preventing the pitch issues being sorted out.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-liverpool-fcs-hopes-8792133

That maybe separate works for the internal remodeling.. They wouldn't show it there as its not part of the steel companies build.

Although I thought most of that would be happening in the 2016 off season.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: March 12, 2015, 09:24:29 am »

Interesting - as Jonny-B says it may be lightweight mobile cranes for the internal remodelling. The steelwork will be assembled behind the existing stand and lifted into place from behind.

If the pitch isn't being relaid then the last thing you'd want to do is have cranes fucking it up.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline MikeD

• Anny Roader
« Reply #820 on: March 12, 2015, 09:42:31 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CwzQ8dAvO4w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CwzQ8dAvO4w</a>

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: March 12, 2015, 09:46:18 am »
Interesting - as Jonny-B says it may be lightweight mobile cranes for the internal remodelling. The steelwork will be assembled behind the existing stand and lifted into place from behind.

If the pitch isn't being relaid then the last thing you'd want to do is have cranes fucking it up.

If that Echo article is right, it appears the club might have a tricky decision to make. Leave the pitch as it is in order to progress the construction of the new stand as scheduled, which could mean we have a bog of a pitch next season. Or sort the pitch out in the summer and delay the work on the stand.

Its difficult to see them going with the latter option because if the cranes being on the pitch at some point is essential, they don't have any other opportunity apart from June and July.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #822 on: March 12, 2015, 10:24:39 am »
If that Echo article is right, it appears the club might have a tricky decision to make. Leave the pitch as it is in order to progress the construction of the new stand as scheduled, which could mean we have a bog of a pitch next season. Or sort the pitch out in the summer and delay the work on the stand.

Its difficult to see them going with the latter option because if the cranes being on the pitch at some point is essential, they don't have any other opportunity apart from June and July.

They won't delay the build.

Groundsman will be earning his corn this summer lets put it that way. I would guess they will be relaying patches and it will look a bit of a hodgepodge next season (and possibly season after next as there will be cranes in there that summer too)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:27:08 am by Jonny-B »

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #823 on: March 12, 2015, 10:35:19 am »
Wow

That's incredible.  By the end of the season the steel will largely be up.

By the end of October the new roof and all the superstructure will be done. 

Fascinating stuff.  Hope that someone can embed.

My thoughts exactly

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #824 on: March 12, 2015, 11:19:35 am »

Groundsman will be earning his corn this summer lets put it that way. I would guess they will be relaying patches and it will look a bit of a hodgepodge next season (and possibly season after next as there will be cranes in there that summer too)

They rip it up and reseed it every summer, the issue is not the grass but more the infrastructure under it being fairly outdated.

IF, and I still think it's a big if given Rodgers has already said it's being redone, it isn't being totally sorted this summer due to the building work then I imagine a plan is already in place to do whatever work they can to prevent the pitch turning into what it has this season.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: March 12, 2015, 11:53:11 am »
wonder will the stand open early?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #826 on: March 12, 2015, 11:55:05 am »
wonder will the stand open early?

Nah because I think a lot of the work can only be done once the stadium isn't in use in summer 2016.

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #827 on: March 12, 2015, 12:34:01 pm »
It's going to be an absolute monster of a stand when it opens.

I know it is due to have a slightly smaller capacity than Old Trafford's North Stand but it looks to have an even bigger footprint.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: March 12, 2015, 03:25:19 pm »
Nah because I think a lot of the work can only be done once the stadium isn't in use in summer 2016.
fair enough. its good to see this progress though.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #830 on: March 12, 2015, 03:30:11 pm »

Why?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #831 on: March 12, 2015, 05:07:51 pm »
Why?

I can't type properly. I mean the off season in 2016. Which is when they will be taking down the old roof and finishing internals.

So next two summers they'll be cranes inside.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Durlmints

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: March 12, 2015, 07:37:08 pm »
I can't type properly. I mean the off season in 2016. Which is when they will be taking down the old roof and finishing internals.

So next two summers they'll be cranes inside.

I thought it was supposed to be done within 2015?

Work to extend the capacity of Liverpool Football Club’s Anfield stadium will be completed no later than November 2015 and will not impact ground capacity during the beginning of the football season, according to a worker at the contractor.

A worker at Carillion, which was awarded the £75 million contract to upgrade the Main Stand and Anfield Road stand, says work is planned to end in September but even a November deadline would not affect the ground’s capacity when the club play a home fixture.

Is that not the case?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #834 on: March 12, 2015, 07:55:44 pm »

Is that not the case?

It won't be complete until summer 2016.

I think you've got that quote from some fake Carrilion worker on Reddit - who was clearly an idiot.

Offline jsl2000

• Main Stander
« Reply #835 on: March 12, 2015, 08:23:25 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CwzQ8dAvO4w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CwzQ8dAvO4w</a>

Interesting vid.  So does construction stop in october or is the brickwork and interior being done after then?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #836 on: March 12, 2015, 08:28:01 pm »
The fella in the diigger isn't wearing a hard hat, whats the world coming to......

You must always have your hat hard on...sorry, I mean hat hard on, I've said it again!

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #837 on: March 12, 2015, 08:40:01 pm »

Is that not the case?

No it's opening for the 2016-17 season.

Edit. I see someone already answered you. And yeah someone was making stuff on reddit with that Nov 2015 date.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #838 on: March 12, 2015, 08:44:10 pm »
Interesting vid.  So does construction stop in october or is the brickwork and interior being done after then?

The main steel will be in by October, then will be the exterior and internal work. Hence nothing going on with the steel contractors. Once the season is over the old roof is pulled off and the stand is joined up.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #839 on: March 12, 2015, 09:12:38 pm »

You'd have thought, bearing in mind all the effort they went to in making this video, they'd have at least got our kit manufacturer right. Unless they know something we don't?