Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2523718 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #840 on: March 12, 2015, 09:18:43 pm »
You'd have thought, bearing in mind all the effort they went to in making this video, they'd have at least got our kit manufacturer right. Unless they know something we don't?

Are using an old 3D mock up to save costs I expect.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: March 13, 2015, 12:10:05 am »
Why not?  I can understand because of the road behind the Kop end but the centenary? (And yes, I know about the transport requirements but, while it would take a huge investment, it could be overcome.

Hang on, the ancient Chinese built this rather large wall several thousand miles long, our ancestors hauled massive chunks of granite from South Wales to Salisbury Plain and assembled them in a quaint circle, but to build a new piece of tarmac at most 300yds long in 2015 seems undoable? Bollocks!   Bring back our forefathers, they would have it sorted by the end of the Season!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:19:14 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #842 on: March 13, 2015, 12:18:31 am »
Hang on, the ancient Chinese built this rather large wall several thousand miles long, our ancestors hauled massive chunks of granite from South Wales to Salisbury Plain and assembled them in a quaint circle, but to build a new piece of tarmac at most 300yds long in 2015 seems undoable.   Bring back our forefathers, they would have it sorted by the end of the Season!

What was gaining planning consent like back then?

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: March 13, 2015, 12:21:46 am »
What was gaining planning consent like back then?

Ahh, the dreaded red tape!  We do make the simple common sense solution hard work in the 21st Century!
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #844 on: March 13, 2015, 09:08:55 am »
That Frank Green pic is shite as the right hand side of the kop never looked like that and it looks like the paddock is in the kop and there was not a big fuck off pillar there too,

Never liked that pic or drawing whatever ya call it even looks like the main stand is half way in the Kop too

It's exactly right. Watch this from about 6.30 in. It zooms in on that area and all the details are spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8aBLtfVY-k

And the point remains that the Kop wasn't the highest stand and wasn't that steep.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #845 on: March 13, 2015, 04:13:09 pm »
i have one question.... other clubs worked in similar  way when they decided for expansion?  I'm asking because it seems like a lot of work and very complicated just to add 8.300 capacity
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #846 on: March 13, 2015, 04:19:46 pm »
i have one question.... other clubs worked in similar  way when they decided for expansion?  I'm asking because it seems like a lot of work and very complicated just to add 8.300 capacity

It's not particularly complicated compared to other schemes IMO. The genius of it is that we don't lose any capacity during the building of it. Which will literally save the club millions.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #847 on: March 13, 2015, 04:22:05 pm »

Look at it this way if it's 'just' an extra 8,300 seats.

That 8,300 will add approx £25-30m to the yearly income from the stadium, and narrow the £50m+ gap between our current stadium income and that of United and Arsenal.

That £25-30m (although will have some additional costs each match) is the same as adding an additional £480k to £575k a week to the wage budget (that's roughly two Sturridges, two Coutinhos and a new £140k a week contract for Sterling).

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: March 13, 2015, 05:50:43 pm »

It's not just the 8,300 seats although 8,300 seats is hardly small change. It's a 75% increase on the existing Main Stand and around 20% on the existing capacity.

It's a very efficient way to expand the capacity as most of the construction is done behind the existing stand which is still in use and undisturbed except at the very end. And crucially, the area underneath the seating is packed with new lounges, bars and other facilities that will significantly increase the income over and above the extra ticket sales. 

Other clubs have done the same thing including err... Liverpool Football Club who did exactly the same thing when they added a new tier to the old Kemlyn Stand to create the Centenary.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: March 13, 2015, 07:47:25 pm »
Are using an old 3D mock up to save costs I expect.

pffft - wouldn't have happened in Hicks & Gilletts day, that sort of penny pinching approach
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #850 on: March 13, 2015, 09:02:22 pm »
pffft - wouldn't have happened in Hicks & Gilletts day, that sort of penny pinching approach
they probably would have borrowed 750m and we'd end up with a stand facing the wrong way
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #851 on: March 13, 2015, 09:12:51 pm »
they probably would have borrowed 750m and we'd end up with a stand facing the wrong way

Get to see all the empty seats at Goodison.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: March 14, 2015, 01:56:36 am »
thanks for the replies lads
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: March 14, 2015, 08:50:12 am »

WOW, just think. 

If they got it lined up just right, with the height of the stand you could probably see such incredible sights as hoofballs appearing over the crest of the Mr. Ferguson Ferguson stand, tumbling across the apex as if Old Trafford had become a lottery machine, wonders like The Hanging Elbows of Fellaini as they rise majestically across the Stretford End.  If the acoustics of the roof were spot on as they had intended we could hear the wondrous hum of "Boooooooooooooo"'s resonating from the Fortress Woodison, the bitter undertones of discontent as the Blueshite walk along the Gwladys Road and howls of anger when they hear that their only true peers have won a coin toss playing home at Prenton Park.

You don't know what you've got until it's gone.  Such an opportunity we had and now we're left with the fading memory of an ageing man, his tired, disappointed grand-children and a stadium artwork.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: March 14, 2015, 03:03:15 pm »
So - according to that video (which is extremely informative IMHO) the steelwork is due to be complete at the end of the 15/16 season ?

How long are they are expecting the brickwork and internal stuff to take after that ? Is it due to be fully open for the start of 16/17 ?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #855 on: March 14, 2015, 03:17:27 pm »
So - according to that video (which is extremely informative IMHO) the steelwork is due to be complete at the end of the 15/16 season ?

How long are they are expecting the brickwork and internal stuff to take after that ? Is it due to be fully open for the start of 16/17 ?
No, the steel work complete by the START of the 2015-16 season...

After that they need to remove bits of the old mainstand roof, but that's most of the "big" stuff done.

Due to be open for the start of 2016-17 season.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: March 14, 2015, 03:43:43 pm »

After that they need to remove bits of the old mainstand roof, but that's most of the "big" stuff done.

If you watch the timeline at the bottom it suddenly speeds up after week 30 or thereabouts when the main steelwork is complete. There's 40+ weeks of work before the old roof comes down around week 73.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: March 14, 2015, 03:48:19 pm »
If you watch the timeline at the bottom it suddenly speeds up after week 30 or thereabouts when the main steelwork is complete. There's 40+ weeks of work before the old roof comes down around week 73.
Yep, they seem to be doing that right at the end...

Amazing how quick the main structure will go up though.

I'm interested in how they merge the old main stand into the new one.  Almost two buildings to knock into one.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: March 14, 2015, 04:53:32 pm »

Ah right. Couldn't read the month properly on the video.
Yep, they seem to be doing that right at the end...

Amazing how quick the main structure will go up though.

I'm interested in how they merge the old main stand into the new one.  Almost two buildings to knock into one.
Are they actually remodelling the existing stand? Or are they leaving it as is and just adding extra rows behind? ie not much knocking into one at all.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: March 14, 2015, 05:14:35 pm »
They are building a huge new by building behind the old stand and then joining the seating up.

I'm not sure what's happening inside to be honest.

I'd love to know.
W

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: March 14, 2015, 05:33:58 pm »
They are building a huge new by building behind the old stand and then joining the seating up.

I'm not sure what's happening inside to be honest.

I'd love to know.
To use an analogy. When big ships are built, but the work is farmed out to more then one shipbuilding yard, the ship is made in sections from bluprints, down to an exact specification. That way, when two sections of the ship come together from different shipyards, to be joined, all of the bulkheads, doorways, decks etc. all line up perfectly, and just need to be welded together to fit.

My reading of the new mainstand is that all of the newbuild will be built behind the existing, and sometime near the end, they will literally take off the outside skin of the existing main stand, and right behind it will be all of the new buildning already built, and just need joining up.

So say, you might have a corridor in the newbuild that leads nowhere but to the outside brick wall on the outside of the existing, and as soon as you knock the wall through from the existing, there is a ready made corridor there leading to the new facilities etc.

You can build 90% of what you need, without disturbing the day to day matchday running of the existing main stand and facilities. Only near the end has there to be any disruption to dovetail the old with the new.

Thats the way I read it anyway.

I'm sure someone more learned on these things than me, can fill in the blanks.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: March 14, 2015, 07:45:16 pm »
Anyone know what the plans are for the positioning of the TV cameras during the work and once the work is completed?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #862 on: March 14, 2015, 08:50:47 pm »
Presumably the gantry will stay as long as the old roof will, so the TV cameras will stay in the same position until that goes, then move to the new locations.

I think Alan looked into where the new ones are being position and they were pretty much at the same height but obviously set further back, so sort of between the old and new seats level I think.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #863 on: March 14, 2015, 08:55:36 pm »
Anyone know what the plans are for the positioning of the TV cameras during the work and once the work is completed?

During the work they're staying on the gantry as the roof is staying up. When complete the cameras are going at the front of the middle tier so approx where the back of the main stand is now.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #864 on: March 14, 2015, 09:27:25 pm »
During the work they're staying on the gantry as the roof is staying up. When complete the cameras are going at the front of the middle tier so approx where the back of the main stand is now.

The plans I saw showed the cameras at the front of the top tier, quite a bit higher and further away from the pitch than they are now.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #865 on: March 14, 2015, 09:35:42 pm »
The plans I saw showed the cameras at the front of the top tier, quite a bit higher and further away from the pitch than they are now.

Just had a quick look and you're right they are at that level.

Also some on a gantry too.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #866 on: March 15, 2015, 05:04:51 pm »
was driving past today and took these.

Things really are starting to gather pace.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:14:28 pm by Jonny5 »
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: March 15, 2015, 08:16:33 pm »
All I see are fences and those big tall gray things in the ground. Not a single fucking spade.  :wanker

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: March 15, 2015, 10:45:57 pm »
All I see are fences and those big tall gray things in the ground. Not a single fucking spade.  :wanker

It's weird isn't it? All the commotion around the stadium issue for as far back as I can remember, and now it almost doesn't seem real. Building work going on with no funfair at all. It's great the strides our owners have taken with this.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #869 on: March 15, 2015, 10:55:14 pm »
was driving past today and took these.

Things really are starting to gather pace.

Isn't that red thing used at Melwood for training drills? Great photos, really appreciate the updates.
We are Liverpool!

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: March 16, 2015, 01:37:39 am »

Ok, this is begging for it. One of us has to call John. Who will it be? :jester 

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #871 on: March 16, 2015, 04:36:17 am »
Thanks for the updated pics...appreciated.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #872 on: March 16, 2015, 10:12:03 am »
"Took these whilst driving past"..

By the looks of it you drove right through it!
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline bobbyjames

• Anny Roader
« Reply #873 on: March 16, 2015, 01:29:48 pm »
Nice of John W. Henry to leave his mobile number for us, I have a few questions for him about this summers planned business

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: March 16, 2015, 05:14:50 pm »
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:16:59 pm by Rome-77 »

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #875 on: March 16, 2015, 10:19:24 pm »
It's great seeing how quickly things are moving now. I wonder when the club are going to release 'Issue 3' in the 'Stadium Expansion' under the tab 'Community' section of the website? I like reading them as it gives you a glimpse into what work will be undertaken for the coming month.
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: March 17, 2015, 04:21:34 pm »
skyscraper city post, makes sense to me 

Is anything being done to future proof further expansion of the Kop and Centenary stand by changing the road layouts? And how much has been/will be demolished around the ground? Google maps is out of date.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #877 on: March 17, 2015, 05:19:53 pm »
i mentioned this a few weeks ago and posted something similar after seeing a recent aerial shot of the area around the ground, lots of land being cleared, if it was ever going to happen now would be the time, i just dont see it happening.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: March 17, 2015, 05:22:07 pm »

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #879 on: March 17, 2015, 05:26:15 pm »
Isn't that red thing used at Melwood for training drills? Great photos, really appreciate the updates.

It's a crossing point barrier.

I need to get out more...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/