Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 550999 times)

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Suarez
« Reply #3680 on: May 8, 2016, 07:11:23 pm »
Ajax - 159 apps 111 goals in all competitions.
Liverpool - 133 apps 82 goals in all competitions.
Barca - 94 games 81 goals in all competitions.

With his next goal for Barca he will equal the goals scored for Liverpool (in 38 fewer games).

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3681 on: May 8, 2016, 07:20:58 pm »
Feel genuinely privileged to have watched the guy here. Stupendous footballer.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3682 on: May 8, 2016, 08:42:49 pm »

With his next goal for Barca he will equal the goals scored for Liverpool (in 38 fewer games).

Unreal, isn't it?
386 games - 274 goals. 0.71 goals/game. Now consider this, that's ten 38 game league seasons. His average(!) per season is 27 goals.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3683 on: May 8, 2016, 10:36:02 pm »

Insane.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3684 on: May 9, 2016, 03:12:42 am »
Suarez has played 600 minutes more and Messi hasn't been 100% fit for a lot of the season.

Suarez probably hasn't been 100% fit either but it doesn't matter, he plays anyway and scores anyway.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3685 on: May 9, 2016, 06:35:48 am »
Loved it so much he threatened to sue us to go to Arsenal innit. Wish Studge got the support this guy does.

They aren't mutually exclusive. He loved it here and always gave everything on the pitch. Even though he loved it here he thought he could progress better than he could at Liverpool.

Sturridge has got nothing up do with it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #3686 on: May 9, 2016, 07:49:01 am »
Suarez probably hasn't been 100% fit either but it doesn't matter, he plays anyway and scores anyway.

Suarez has been the more prolific scorer this season, but by watching their games I still think Messi is the best player in the world and makes the most difference when fit.

Both Suarez and Messi have been better this season than Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar, who have had great patches of form but lacked consistency.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3687 on: May 9, 2016, 10:20:37 am »
Only scored 15 in his first 18 months with us as well iirc

Maybe a few more with cup games

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3688 on: May 9, 2016, 04:26:15 pm »
Only scored 15 in his first 18 months with us as well iirc

Maybe a few more with cup games

cos he wasn't a natural goalscorer.....and he needed work  ;)
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3689 on: May 14, 2016, 05:01:19 pm »
Keeping Ronaldo at bay in the golden boot race :lmao

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #3690 on: May 14, 2016, 05:04:22 pm »
2 excellent finishes there. You can tell he's hungry for that title-winning matchball 

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3691 on: May 14, 2016, 05:08:06 pm »
cos he wasn't a natural goalscorer.....and he needed work  ;)
Well his finishing was occasionally pathetic.

People werent wrong to say that he was struggling with his finishing. Even now he misses a lot of great chances.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3692 on: May 14, 2016, 05:11:00 pm »

And... Ronaldo has been taken off (presumably rested for the CL final) so that's it... Lusito is the first man to break the Messi/Ronaldo duopoly on the La Liga golden boot crown in 7 years

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #3693 on: May 14, 2016, 05:42:12 pm »
Hattrick to seal the title and the golden boot. Well in Luis.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3694 on: May 14, 2016, 05:43:54 pm »
40 for the season. Wow

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3695 on: May 14, 2016, 05:58:06 pm »
Well his finishing was occasionally pathetic.

People werent wrong to say that he was struggling with his finishing. Even now he misses a lot of great chances.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3696 on: May 14, 2016, 06:06:10 pm »

Well he does actually still miss a lot of great chances. Some strikers are pure poachers who are unbelievably dependable once they are through on goal. Suarez is not that type of striker. Even if he scored a hattrick today an 59 for the season the fact is that does quite regularly mess up good chances and he has did so at Liverpool and even at Ajax.

This doesn't mean that he isn't an extraordinary player.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3697 on: May 14, 2016, 06:07:46 pm »
Well he does actually still miss a lot of great chances. Some strikers are pure poachers who are unbelievably dependable once they are through on goal. Suarez is not that type of striker. Even if he scored a hattrick today an 59 for the season the fact is that does quite regularly mess up good chances and he has did so at Liverpool and even at Ajax.

This doesn't mean that he isn't an extraordinary player.

I can't think of many, if any, players I'd rather have through on goal than Luis.....

Have you got any stats to back up what you're saying? Chance conversion etc? I don't watch much Barca but he's looked pretty fucking lethal when I have.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3698 on: May 14, 2016, 06:10:09 pm »
Messi won't like this, not one bit.
Well done Luis, best footballer today.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3699 on: May 14, 2016, 06:11:20 pm »
40 League Goals
14 goals in last 5 games
8 hat-tricks
League Title
Pichichi Title
European Golden Boot
84 goals in 95 appearances for Barca

The lads doing alright.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3700 on: May 14, 2016, 06:20:12 pm »
I can't think of many, if any, players I'd rather have through on goal than Luis.....

Have you got any stats to back up what you're saying? Chance conversion etc? I don't watch much Barca but he's looked pretty fucking lethal when I have.
Of course he is a lethal striker and atatistically he is very impressive, but if you watch Barcelona regularly you will see that he misses a decent number of good chances. Not in the last five games, though. Back when people were complaining of his finishing in 2010-11 and 2011-12, he used to miss countless chances--usually created by his own genius, and he has obviously imprpved remarkably as a player since then.

I was only pointing out that back in that period it was quite reasonable to say that he was not a good finisher: he really wasn't.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3701 on: May 14, 2016, 06:23:55 pm »
Lad is a fantastic finisher and misses his fair share of chances like any striker. Load of shite that he's not a very good finisher in my opinion. You give him chances, he'll get you goals. First season and a half here, we gave him fuck all chances.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3702 on: May 14, 2016, 06:34:23 pm »
Nice one Luis, deserves it.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3703 on: May 14, 2016, 06:36:49 pm »
I remember people on rawk mentioning back in the day that even in his 49-goal season at Ajax, he had been super-frustrating for missing the easiest chances, only to score harder ones, and that e shouls have had far more than 49 goals that year.

It's alright to say that he used to be an erratic finisher, capable of sublime moments and hilarious ones at the same time. Now he is a brilliant finisher but still famously missed an open goal, penalties and he nad Neymar had a spell of competing to miss chances Messi was creating for them not too long ago.

There are some top strikers who dont really miss those chances as often. Overall they are inferior to Suarez since finishing when through on goal is only one of many parts of being a goalscorer.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3704 on: May 14, 2016, 06:45:01 pm »
I literally have no idea why you'd choose the day he wins La Liga, scores a hat-trick in the title clincher and wins goodness knows how many goalscoring awards and sets goodness knows how many goalscoring records to question his goalscoring ability :D

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #3705 on: May 14, 2016, 06:55:23 pm »
We can tell our children we've seen him wearing red of Liverpool.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #3706 on: May 14, 2016, 06:58:49 pm »
I remember people on rawk mentioning back in the day that even in his 49-goal season at Ajax, he had been super-frustrating for missing the easiest chances, only to score harder ones, and that e shouls have had far more than 49 goals that year.

It's alright to say that he used to be an erratic finisher, capable of sublime moments and hilarious ones at the same time. Now he is a brilliant finisher but still famously missed an open goal, penalties and he nad Neymar had a spell of competing to miss chances Messi was creating for them not too long ago.

There are some top strikers who dont really miss those chances as often. Overall they are inferior to Suarez since finishing when through on goal is only one of many parts of being a goalscorer.
The guy is the best finisher on the planet right now. What are you on about exactly?  ???
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3707 on: May 14, 2016, 07:08:24 pm »
Meh he's alright :P

He just needs to do that on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke :P

Just please dont let it be for Man City

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3708 on: May 14, 2016, 07:17:32 pm »
Lad is a fantastic finisher and misses his fair share of chances like any striker. Load of shite that he's not a very good finisher in my opinion. You give him chances, he'll get you goals. First season and a half here, we gave him fuck all chances.

Don't agree with this at all

He missed great chances constantly in 2011/12

What a player though, and an elite goalscorer. Kinda wish he still had freedom to shoot from all areas, and dribble through players.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3709 on: May 14, 2016, 07:21:15 pm »
What a player. Congratulations Luisito :)

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3710 on: May 14, 2016, 07:22:17 pm »
Messi won't like this, not one bit.
Well done Luis, best footballer today.
why woudnt he?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3711 on: May 14, 2016, 07:30:29 pm »
I literally have no idea why you'd choose the day he wins La Liga, scores a hat-trick in the title clincher and wins goodness knows how many goalscoring awards and sets goodness knows how many goalscoring records to question his goalscoring ability :D

Bizarre isn't it?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3712 on: May 14, 2016, 07:33:13 pm »
Luis Suarez is the footballing equivalent of John Wick.  A man of focus, commitment and sheer will.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #3713 on: May 14, 2016, 08:30:00 pm »
What a player, amazing.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #3714 on: May 14, 2016, 08:45:05 pm »
His goal contribution (goals + assists) to minutes played ratio over the last three seasons has been practically level with Messi and Ronaldo. A goal or assist every 61 minutes over that time, Messi also at 61, Ronaldo at 59.
Difference is the other two have been their teams' main penalty takers during that time, while Luis has not.

Still there are people who think he's not on the same level as the other two. Those people are fools.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3715 on: May 14, 2016, 08:50:30 pm »
His goal contribution (goals + assists) to minutes played ratio over the last three seasons has been practically level with Messi and Ronaldo. A goal or assist every 61 minutes over that time, Messi also at 61, Ronaldo at 59.
Difference is the other two have been their teams' main penalty takers during that time, while Luis has not.

Still there are people who think he's not on the same level as the other two. Those people are fools.

This season he's not been on the same level as those two....

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3716 on: May 14, 2016, 09:13:08 pm »
Better than Messi. That's how i voted once upon a time. I know my grapes

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3717 on: May 14, 2016, 09:22:02 pm »
Now get your ass home Luis.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3718 on: May 14, 2016, 09:26:59 pm »

I agree with you that he's not 100% perfect when through on goal. But he has a 30% conversion rate this year, and that doubles both Messi and Ronaldo's. He used to be much more erratic, I completely agree with that.

But if you're talking about now, to call him erratic/not as good as the best when given a super easy chances, the only reason you might think he's worse is because it's a bigger deal when he misses. It's a bit of confirmation bias left over from when he missed chances for us. I remember Suarez missing a chance in a 2-2 draw at Sevilla last year and forget half the amazing goals he scored around that time.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3719 on: May 14, 2016, 09:37:43 pm »
14 goals from the last 17 shots.