Author Topic: Expectations for 2014/15 Season  (Read 96423 times)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Expectations for 2014/15 Season
« Reply #520 on: April 25, 2015, 11:14:04 pm »
For me it was to finish top 4 and have a good cup run.

I'll not be troubling the Samaritans.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: April 25, 2015, 11:15:30 pm »
Whats annoying is that when every club is shite so are we (this season), and when we are good every club is also good (last season).

Arsenal, United & Chelsea are all better this season than last I would say.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: April 25, 2015, 11:17:42 pm »
Arsenal, United & Chelsea are all better this season than last I would say.
They certainly have been.
choose Life.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2015, 05:58:48 am »
Whats annoying is that when every club is shite so are we (this season), and when we are good every club is also good (last season).

Not really true. Morinho had no striker. City had a new manager. Arse had no Sanchez. Man U had Moyse. Spurs sacked AVB. League ranking is relative. We did well, but those around us were relatively poor.

That is why this season has been such a disapointment as Arse and Man U should have been left in the dust early in the season. Instead we were worse than them. And geriatricos Man city has been vulnerable. Heck, we even funded Southampton's challenge of our league position.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2015, 08:11:40 am »
Wanted top 4 this season. Was so important to stay in champions league. Would rather finish 8th than 5th as the Europa league will be a massive hindrance. biggest reason we are not making 4 th is we didn't sign a decent striker.    Hopefully next season we can try and challenge for top 4 but have a feeling it will be really difficult as Chelsea, city, utd and arsenal have more money to splash so should improve. hate to say it but 2015/16 will be a critical season for Rodgers. Hopefully he can find the magic ingredients as I do rate him as a manager

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #525 on: April 26, 2015, 08:27:49 am »
Sometimes recognizing the obvious becomes very difficult and it hits us too little too late and we all come across such things throughout our lives in different forms and I think the fact that we couldn't sign a proper 20 plus goals striker this season is one such thing which has affected us all and if we were to blame someone in particular then I guess we all have our reasons and arguments when it comes to who should be talking the blame and responsibility and it differs from person to person.

One thing though we need to remember is that we all at some point or many points did think that we have a chance of pulling it off without a striker but we are all coming to terms with it now and now we know how obvious it was that we needed a striker.. to come to that conclusion after two transfer windows and a season full of mediocre highs and tragic lows is something we as supporters need to contemplate about.

Did we ever see threads titled "Lack Of a Striker Worries Me" or something on those lines while we were having a good run or during the early days.. no. But we were all worried on some level about it but we just couldn't get a grip on that as much as we are now.

The whole team is coming to terms with it now.

This season we have learned some obvious lessons that need no teaching or coaching just like you don't need to be told to score more goals than your opponent to win matches.

In my opinion learning something new is always a good thing but learning something very obvious cannot be considered productive.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:33:20 am by Latenight Surfer »
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: April 26, 2015, 08:30:25 am »
Sometimes you need a reminder of basic things. Football is often overcomplicated when in essence it is a simple game.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: April 26, 2015, 10:17:29 am »
Take no satisfaction at being right. Hate that when someone says something against the grain on here, they get pilloried and laughed at as I was on this thread and others before the season started.

It's one of the main reasons why I don't post on this section of the forum anymore. Been going on for as long as I remember and I'm quite frankly bored of it and I've gotten myself banned a couple of times for nothing comments when people have called me all manner of names and not gotten a ban.

Some posters cutting and pasting other people's posts and claiming them as their own too... Get a life, Jesus Christ.

Hope Brendan will come out of all this laughing.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #528 on: April 26, 2015, 06:14:37 pm »
Take no satisfaction at being right. Hate that when someone says something against the grain on here, they get pilloried and laughed at as I was on this thread and others before the season started.

It's one of the main reasons why I don't post on this section of the forum anymore. Been going on for as long as I remember and I'm quite frankly bored of it and I've gotten myself banned a couple of times for nothing comments when people have called me all manner of names and not gotten a ban.

Some posters cutting and pasting other people's posts and claiming them as their own too... Get a life, Jesus Christ.

Hope Brendan will come out of all this laughing.

Fair play Brentie for getting it right about how this season would pan out. At least you aren't throwing your toys out of the pram like certain others and demanding a management change.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #529 on: April 26, 2015, 06:24:51 pm »
Wanted top 4 this season. Was so important to stay in champions league. Would rather finish 8th than 5th as the Europa league will be a massive hindrance. biggest reason we are not making 4 th is we didn't sign a decent striker.    Hopefully next season we can try and challenge for top 4 but have a feeling it will be really difficult as Chelsea, city, utd and arsenal have more money to splash so should improve. hate to say it but 2015/16 will be a critical season for Rodgers. Hopefully he can find the magic ingredients as I do rate him as a manager

Toxic nonsense.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #530 on: April 26, 2015, 06:27:50 pm »
Fair play Brentie for getting it right about how this season would pan out. At least you aren't throwing your toys out of the pram like certain others and demanding a management change.

Ill tell you why i think Brendan needs to move on. Firstly he talks too much, he's always about with a soundbite or two. Some of the best managers know when to speak. He loves the sound of his own voice. He's become worse and worse over the course of this season.

He also doesnt take the risks he likes to speak of. For nearly half a season he persisted with a awful formation and awful lineup, with players played out of position, strikers isolated and a defence without any protection. And yet he did it week after week until the pressure was so much he was FORCED to do something about it.

Then theres the old reward game.

Now admitedly i put up with the other bits even though they grated - but this is the thing that for me says his times up, and that is favouritism. And boy does he have his favourites. He sacrificed Sakho for nearly half a season, persisted with Lovren, Johnson and Gerrard who where to a man awful. He went through a phase with Rickie Lambert before binning him off. He moans about certain personel and then when they put a shift in they get dropped. Last year and probably due to the size of the squad, performances were rewarded with a run in the side. This year he scrapped that. Just as some players were getting in the groove they get dropped. Moreno went missing for a while, Manquillo hasnt been seen since christmas, his treatment of Mignolet and Balotelli was unprofessional, Can went missing after putting in a good few performances then finally won a place when he stumbled across a back three.

Now we are back to Johnson and Gerrard, two of the laziest players these last few months, perciviered with even though they are off. Borini is suddenly getting game time even though he fucked him off for the best part of four months.

The whole thing stinks of desperation, about not knowing what his best team is or how to use the players he has correctly.

Then we have the whole striker excuse which really fucks me off everytime he mentions it. We didnt sort it in the summer and we did sod all in january, so you reap what you sow.

Thats why i think his time has come to an end.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:30:08 pm by walshys_mullet »
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: April 26, 2015, 06:32:27 pm »
Struggle for 4th, expecting 5th or 6th.

Got a feeling we could win EL if we get a tough CL group and go out, if not we will win FA Cup.

Ah the starry eyed pre-season dream :(
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #532 on: April 26, 2015, 06:39:49 pm »
Finish above The Bitters and the Mancs...

knew i was being over-optimistic....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Zephyr

• Thinks of RAWK whilst pleasuring himself
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #533 on: April 26, 2015, 06:48:19 pm »
This thread makes me very frustrated at how quickly we have fallen, just as we were coming back up.

Edit: Obviously the whole thing is salvageable, but this is an annoying situation to be in as a supporter.
Mint-Berry Crunch!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #534 on: April 26, 2015, 07:01:43 pm »
Strange, is it not, how our expectations have been downgraded since Roy's time here, he really did damage our self esteem. Last week we saw some of our old players (Mascherano, Torres, Alonso, Arbeloa, Suarez was there also with Reina on the bench) all in the QF of the CL, still playing at the very top level years after they left us. Add in players like Hypia, Agger and even those who are still with us but past (or getting past) their prime, Skrtel, Gerrard and Lucas and you can see just how good we were, when the QF/SF and final of the CL was no surprise.

We now have an air of an intruder in the top 4, doing well to be contending rather than a team which saw us beat Real Madrid 4-0 and United at OT 4-1 in the same week. Players never really looked like leaving us, except when Rafa got it wrong (Xabi).

Because Brendan is a new, young manager we probably cut him a lot of slack, especially after last year which was wonderful, albeit with one of the best three players in the world inspiring our team. If a big name manager was in post how would we view things or does the 2010 fall and having a manager/players with 'potential' make us think differently than we did 2005-2009?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:06:40 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: April 26, 2015, 07:05:50 pm »
Ill tell you why i think Brendan needs to move on. Firstly he talks too much, he's always about with a soundbite or two. Some of the best managers know when to speak. He loves the sound of his own voice. He's become worse and worse over the course of this season.

Saying we were outstanding, although taken out of context, was a mistake, especially given today's result.

a) We weren't
b) Outstanding teams don't fail to score against teams in the relegation scrap, let's not forget that QPR scored 4 there and Leicester 3 just before we turned up at the Hawthorns.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #536 on: April 26, 2015, 07:08:14 pm »
As damaging as Hedwig was, it wasn't purely him. The cancers messed us up for a good few seasons and the Carroll/Downing/Adam series of signings further set us back a couple of seasons.

What worries me is how similar our activity was to that mess under the King. I truly hope Brendan is ruthless enough to identify those big mistakes early and shift them out, and signs the right players to amend it. Because honest to god if any day of football should show us how average the teams around us still are, it's today. There's fuck all to be worried about, 4th or not, AS LONG AS we do the right things to remedy the scandalous summer we had.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #537 on: April 26, 2015, 07:09:17 pm »
Saying we were outstanding, although taken out of context, was a mistake, especially given today's result.

a) We weren't
b) Outstanding teams don't fail to score against teams in the relegation scrap, let's not forget that QPR scored 4 there and Leicester 3 just before we turned up at the Hawthorns.

It's never ever worked like that mate. They attacked both of those sides. If they'd even attempted it yesterday we'd have racked up a cricket score.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: April 26, 2015, 07:18:28 pm »
So Brentie predicted a 6th place finish did he.........

runs off to the bookies

That was scarily accurate mate. I had said a top 4 place and a trophy would be a very good season, but it looks like we might come up short on both accounts :(

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2015, 07:45:35 pm »
Here is another to get it right very accurate.

Offline Liverpool1969QED
Boys Pen
We all Live in a Red and White Kop
View Profile
 Email
 Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #194 on: August 8, 2014, 02:47:46 PM »

After more time lurking than I care to admit to, I am sticking my head above the parapet.

I'm worried about this season. There, I've said it.

BR is spending a lot of money and adding much needed depth, but, pardon the pun, we have lost bite up front (grabbing coat and running). This will impact both us and the opposition this year. For example, stating the blindingly obvious, teams coming in will not have the fear of seeing Suarez on the team sheet and I believe that a lot of the "Fortress Anfield" effect will be lost. What will create the psychological effect that puts an opposition midfield/defence on the back foot before they even come out of the dressing-room? Who will create the electrifying buzz that infected the ground every time the ball went into the feet of Suarez? Reading the press and these boards, we seem to be reconciled to relying on young players to carry the load - looking at the other competitors for the top 4 places, which other teams are pinning their hopes on so much young talent?

Before jumping on me too hard, I realise the transfer window is far from shut. That said, the transfer plan to date has been far from inspiring. I am not part of the 'new' generation of supporter that expects instant success, but I was anticipating a level of impact player that would build upon the success of last season. Don't get me wrong, the current transfer policy has a sense of potential, but this is the modern game and when you compare our approach to the likes of our competitors for the top slot I am left with a felling that our approach is just, well, plain vanilla. The departure of Suarez had to be a concern and I am shocked at the apparent lack of succession planning that has taken place - a basic principle of long-term business success that one would presume the likes of JH would have put in place - which has left us seemingly staggering around like a rich drunk, flirting with just about any striker that looks like they might like us.

I realise that this is all speculation, there are games to be played and that nobody expected us to achieve what we did last season. However, that was last season and we are no longer a surprise package. Perhaps the surprise will be on me. Perhaps these the likes of Markovic and Can are going to prove to be the next Sturridge, but, for me, we lost the title last season through poor transfers/loans and I hope that this window doesn't cost us top 4.

Thanks for reading. Sorry for the moan and here's to hoping that my gut is just suffering from having too much cheese and that this season we go one place better than the last :)

I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #540 on: April 26, 2015, 08:11:58 pm »
Have a go at the top four and a cup run.

No shame in being where we are.

But we have little identity. Continuity comes and goes - we found some with 3 4 2 1 but it seems to have gone now. We seem to bottle it/change our style in the biggies (League Cup semi aside and City at Anfield). We continue to play retirees when I cant help but think we could be playing youngsters and looking towards next season such as Emre in midfield. As for the management and staff, I see little belief. I dont think any of them thought we were going to score yesterday let alone win.

Being where we are is ok. How we got there is a bit shit though and I'm far from, get a good striker and it will be alright.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: April 26, 2015, 08:16:10 pm »
It's never ever worked like that mate. They attacked both of those sides. If they'd even attempted it yesterday we'd have racked up a cricket score.

Arsenal, United, City and Spurs all managed goals there, admittedly United only managed 2-2 at a time they were crap.

I get your point though but I would suggest that any team that wants to stop us winning just has to park the bus and we look clueless really, we can't break teams down at all that's why Hull, Sunderland, Villa, Everton, Blackburn, Bolton (and Chelsea) have taken results from us and looked fairly comfortable in doing so. I just don't regard it outstanding to have posession but never look like scoring.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: April 26, 2015, 08:22:26 pm »
As damaging as Hedwig was, it wasn't purely him. The cancers messed us up for a good few seasons and the Carroll/Downing/Adam series of signings further set us back a couple of seasons.

We bought 7 players under Dalglish. 1 turned out to be one of the best players in the world, another is heading to be our captain, Downing, Carroll and Adams were not good enough but still had probably more impact than Aspas, Alberto, Balotelli, Borini, Assaidi, Yesil, Lovren and Llori (£71m) and, while they were here we won something and came close to winning something else.  As bad as 2011/12 was, our overall win % was better than this season.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:28:21 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Abraham

• Anny Roader
  • Justice.
« Reply #543 on: April 26, 2015, 08:56:50 pm »
Here is another to get it right very accurate.

Snip

I remember reading that post last summer. It struck a chord. That said, I soon got back into the swing of things and looked forward to a 3/4th finish, and a cup final at least.

Even Lambert and Balo coming in didn't quell my enthusiasm, I remember thinking "there's no way the club could fuck up replacing Suarez, Balotelli will surely be another Sturridge or similar from ourTC". It's amazing to me that I thought I was being rational about all of this at the time. Was I fuck.

Looking back I was definitely still buzzing from the season and scintilating football I had just witnessed. It would have been much more natural if the two seasons were swapped. Starting to wish my life away here now.

Ah the life of a supporter.

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: April 26, 2015, 09:03:22 pm »

He also doesnt take the risks he likes to speak of. For nearly half a season he persisted with a awful formation and awful lineup, with players played out of position, strikers isolated and a defence without any protection. And yet he did it week after week until the pressure was so much he was FORCED to do something about it.

Then theres the old reward game.

Now admitedly i put up with the other bits even though they grated - but this is the thing that for me says his times up, and that is favouritism. And boy does he have his favourites. He sacrificed Sakho for nearly half a season, persisted with Lovren, Johnson and Gerrard who where to a man awful. He went through a phase with Rickie Lambert before binning him off. He moans about certain personel and then when they put a shift in they get dropped. Last year and probably due to the size of the squad, performances were rewarded with a run in the side. This year he scrapped that. Just as some players were getting in the groove they get dropped. Moreno went missing for a while, Manquillo hasnt been seen since christmas, his treatment of Mignolet and Balotelli was unprofessional, Can went missing after putting in a good few performances then finally won a place when he stumbled across a back three.

Now we are back to Johnson and Gerrard, two of the laziest players these last few months, perciviered with even though they are off. Borini is suddenly getting game time even though he fucked him off for the best part of four months.

The whole thing stinks of desperation, about not knowing what his best team is or how to use the players he has correctly.

Then we have the whole striker excuse which really fucks me off everytime he mentions it. We didnt sort it in the summer and we did sod all in january, so you reap what you sow.

Thats why i think his time has come to an end.

Trash post. You have a good collection of them.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: April 26, 2015, 11:58:28 pm »
Assuming Suarez leaves and Markovic and Origi come in, I think we'll be 5/6th. In this scenario I see the top 4 being City, Chelsea, Arsenal & United and see them as being some distance ahead of the battle for 5th. I did think we'd be top 4 last season so I'm not unduly negative. I just think our signings so far have been poor if they're intended to replace Suarez's goals. If they were just squad signings for a bit of depth with Suarez staying, I think we could once again challenge for the title (though his ban has the potential to make that more difficult).

Nailed it

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: April 27, 2015, 12:17:45 am »
Trash post. You have a good collection of them.
To be honest I think everything he said was spot on, apart from the getting rid of rodgers.

Rodgers performance this season has been pathetic, it took us more than half a season to start going, after we spent 100+ million, and only can has really improved us on last season.

His handling of gerrard has been terrible, It was clear he needed dropping and managed correctly within the first month, Everyone could see it! and it took 4 months to fix it.

His handling of certain players has also been bad, ballotelli has a good game and then dropped, coutinho was getting dropped for lallana early In the season, Can had a decent game then dropped etc. His decision making has just been terrible and I'm guessing it was because of desperation.

However this team is young and talented, and rodgers himself is talented. I think we need to give him one more season to try and fix this mess.  However klopp being available tests my view on this and rightly so.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: April 27, 2015, 07:46:52 am »
To be honest I think everything he said was spot on, apart from the getting rid of rodgers.

Rodgers performance this season has been pathetic, it took us more than half a season to start going, after we spent 100+ million, and only can has really improved us on last season.

His handling of gerrard has been terrible, It was clear he needed dropping and managed correctly within the first month, Everyone could see it! and it took 4 months to fix it.

His handling of certain players has also been bad, ballotelli has a good game and then dropped, coutinho was getting dropped for lallana early In the season, Can had a decent game then dropped etc. His decision making has just been terrible and I'm guessing it was because of desperation.

However this team is young and talented, and rodgers himself is talented. I think we need to give him one more season to try and fix this mess.  However klopp being available tests my view on this and rightly so.

Cheers. I guess it's frustration that I'm happy to see him replaced. Would prefer the ownership to change first but that's not gonna happen

Maybe with the right signings he can turn it around, but this season he seems limited to me like he's run out if steam. Can we take the risk?
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: April 27, 2015, 09:13:04 am »

Cheers mate, but really not interested about any fair plays, no offence.

I don't understand why it's seen as the right thing on here to give someone who goes against the grain dogs abuse.
If someone offers an opinion which is based on arguments, examples, personal thoughts etc... even if it's a negative one, why do people feel the need to absolutely pillory them?

It's a huge turn off. Like I said previously, I've gone off this forum. Really don't see what the point is anymore. I hate the herd mentality that exists on here. Anyone in the Summer that dared say they didn't want one of Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Balo etc... got absolute pelters.

What the fuck are we doing here? Why do people feel the need to act like The Propaganda arm of Liverpool Football Club? It's been going on since I got on here. Anyone that didn't want Barry in for Alonso got the same treatment. Someone like Fordy ,who kept supporting Charlie Adam when the RAWK herd decided he was crap got, pelters because it went again the group's decision that Adam was crap and was ok to get abuse. Anyone who doesn't think a potential signing is a great player gets abuse; and you have a bunch of player who can make Glen Whelan sound like Steve Mcmahon the minute we get linked to him.

I hate that I spent the first few months of the season saying "I told you so" to people who acted like 7 year old kids in the Summer. I hate that I said "Like I said in the Summer" so many times. I felt bitter towards people on here and in all honesty, it's not what I'm here for. It bores me.

When I felt that people would turn on Rodgers, I said so, got abuse by people, got muted by people... Few months later, those same people want Rodgers out. I hate the hypocrisy, the fear on here that you have to conform to the herd mentality, the desire by people to act like superfans, faux mods etc...

Sorry Sol, this is a rant and it's not directed at you. I'm barely on here anymore, if it wasn't for the notifications I get on my phone if a post of mine gets quoted , I would not have seen this thread. I love the other sections of the forum, and posting on this section just does not make sense to me anymore while this sort of thing is so prevalent. It just gets me into trouble and prevents me from enjoying the sections that form a part of my daily life.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 09:15:59 am by Brentie »
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: April 27, 2015, 09:25:33 am »
Cheers. I guess it's frustration that I'm happy to see him replaced. Would prefer the ownership to change first but that's not gonna happen

Maybe with the right signings he can turn it around, but this season he seems limited to me like he's run out if steam. Can we take the risk?

Who would you like as the owners ?

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: April 27, 2015, 10:03:52 am »
Who would you like as the owners ?

I dont know anymore. I'd be lying if i said i didnt want billionaires who wanted to splash the cash because thats the way modern football has gone.

But the next best thing for me would be to get in owners who had some ambition to win things and some knowledge of the game, i think Fenway lack both of these things. Yes they give us money within very strict means, but i cant accept that their intentions and visions are inline with what the fans want.

Similarly with Rodgers i guess someone like Klopp would really boost our profile. I think Rodgers has talents but his eye for a player is worrying and i dont think he can attract the talent we need to push on, even then would the owners sanction it? Its quite frustrating.

We have complete mis alignment from both owners and manager and it's damaging us on the field. Choice of targets seem skewed between manager and TC, and the ownership has a model that the manager clearly doesnt fancy.

Yes its not a great way to compete having an owner who just throws money about and it would be nice to get there through building and patience but its not the 70's or 80's anymore. We are gonna lose our potentials who grow if we arnt seen to be ambitious today, they simply wont stick around and wait.

I've long thought that we were a traditional historic club still stuck in the past while the game has modernised and moved on leaving us behind. The whole stadium situation is case in point. Should have been done decades back and even now should be much, much bigger than planned. The support is there to fill a bigger stadium.

Our ambitions as a club have been clipped.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:06:08 am by walshys_mullet »

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: April 27, 2015, 10:46:23 am »
I dont know anymore. I'd be lying if i said i didnt want billionaires who wanted to splash the cash because thats the way modern football has gone.

But the next best thing for me would be to get in owners who had some ambition to win things and some knowledge of the game, i think Fenway lack both of these things. Yes they give us money within very strict means, but i cant accept that their intentions and visions are inline with what the fans want.

Similarly with Rodgers i guess someone like Klopp would really boost our profile. I think Rodgers has talents but his eye for a player is worrying and i dont think he can attract the talent we need to push on, even then would the owners sanction it? Its quite frustrating.

We have complete mis alignment from both owners and manager and it's damaging us on the field. Choice of targets seem skewed between manager and TC, and the ownership has a model that the manager clearly doesnt fancy.

Yes its not a great way to compete having an owner who just throws money about and it would be nice to get there through building and patience but its not the 70's or 80's anymore. We are gonna lose our potentials who grow if we arnt seen to be ambitious today, they simply wont stick around and wait.

I've long thought that we were a traditional historic club still stuck in the past while the game has modernised and moved on leaving us behind. The whole stadium situation is case in point. Should have been done decades back and even now should be much, much bigger than planned. The support is there to fill a bigger stadium.

Our ambitions as a club have been clipped.

All fair points, although I do not agree that FSG lack any ambition to win. They have not injected unlimited funds in the club, but I definitely don't think they have been miserly. I feel they have been trying to implement a self-sustainable model in the club. One that works even if there is no FSG in Liverpool FC tomorrow.

And, I totally agree with the last bit. We were/are stuck in the past a little bit. But even in this aspect, I feel FSG has been making the right moves to make us competitive with the best in the world again. And, it really cannot be done in 2-3 years unless blind money in being put by the owners.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: April 27, 2015, 11:10:15 am »
All fair points, although I do not agree that FSG lack any ambition to win. They have not injected unlimited funds in the club, but I definitely don't think they have been miserly. I feel they have been trying to implement a self-sustainable model in the club. One that works even if there is no FSG in Liverpool FC tomorrow.

And, I totally agree with the last bit. We were/are stuck in the past a little bit. But even in this aspect, I feel FSG has been making the right moves to make us competitive with the best in the world again. And, it really cannot be done in 2-3 years unless blind money in being put by the owners.

Well maybe. And people will always cut the owners slack because the last custodians were utter tripe.

But the proof is in the pudding so to speak. I think theyve been quite miserly when you weigh it all up and how we are struggling to meet FFP is anyones business. The squads wages have been reduced drastically and we've signed lots of commercial deals, not to mention finsihing second last year, CL and new tv money.

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: April 27, 2015, 11:20:07 am »
Well maybe. And people will always cut the owners slack because the last custodians were utter tripe.

But the proof is in the pudding so to speak. I think theyve been quite miserly when you weigh it all up and how we are struggling to meet FFP is anyones business. The squads wages have been reduced drastically and we've signed lots of commercial deals, not to mention finsihing second last year, CL and new tv money.

I haven't really looked into the financials in any detail. So yeah, may be I am not qualified to talk about it. Let me try to get my hands on some figures then.

Meanwhile, someone has articulated what I wanted to say in a bit more detail here:

Whether they 'get us' or not is open to debate, but I do feel that they're far more switched on in a strategic sense than any of the LFC ownerships i've witnessed in my time and i'm supportive of the overall model that they advocate. Of long term, organic growth of the commercial side of the club, in turn (hopefully) allowing for the same on the football side. Responsible spending. It's certainly not a quick fix, but for me at least, it's the right way to go about things when you're looking to progress the club. That long term vision needs to be in place from a football perspective as well - and that's where the OP is coming from. I hope that it is anyway. I'd be very concerned if it was diverted from.

I think overall, where i'm at with all of this is that I feel as though FSG have the right idea. The long term vision that they outlined, both commercially and in a football sense, is one that I believe is the right one for the club. I subscribe to it and I want to see it implemented and ingrained within the club efficiently and effectively. Whether they've got the correct structure in place right now i'm not sure. There's clearly a disconnect between the manager and 'the committee' in some regards, and between the ownership and the manager as well. Does that indicate that the structure needs to be evaluated? Or that the manager does? Perhaps both. But again, I think we need to commit wholeheartedly to our intended path and not divert from it. If that means change this summer then so be it, but it has to be within the framework already in place.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #554 on: April 27, 2015, 01:08:32 pm »

I don't understand why it's seen as the right thing on here to give someone who goes against the grain dogs abuse.
If someone offers an opinion which is based on arguments, examples, personal thoughts etc... even if it's a negative one, why do people feel the need to absolutely pillory them?

It's a huge turn off. Like I said previously, I've gone off this forum. Really don't see what the point is anymore. I hate the herd mentality that exists on here. Anyone in the Summer that dared say they didn't want one of Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Balo etc... got absolute pelters.

What the fuck are we doing here? Why do people feel the need to act like The Propaganda arm of Liverpool Football Club? It's been going on since I got on here. Anyone that didn't want Barry in for Alonso got the same treatment. Someone like Fordy ,who kept supporting Charlie Adam when the RAWK herd decided he was crap got, pelters because it went again the group's decision that Adam was crap and was ok to get abuse. Anyone who doesn't think a potential signing is a great player gets abuse; and you have a bunch of player who can make Glen Whelan sound like Steve Mcmahon the minute we get linked to him.

I hate that I spent the first few months of the season saying "I told you so" to people who acted like 7 year old kids in the Summer. I hate that I said "Like I said in the Summer" so many times. I felt bitter towards people on here and in all honesty, it's not what I'm here for. It bores me.

When I felt that people would turn on Rodgers, I said so, got abuse by people, got muted by people... Few months later, those same people want Rodgers out. I hate the hypocrisy, the fear on here that you have to conform to the herd mentality, the desire by people to act like superfans, faux mods etc...

Sorry Sol, this is a rant and it's not directed at you. I'm barely on here anymore, if it wasn't for the notifications I get on my phone if a post of mine gets quoted , I would not have seen this thread. I love the other sections of the forum, and posting on this section just does not make sense to me anymore while this sort of thing is so prevalent. It just gets me into trouble and prevents me from enjoying the sections that form a part of my daily life.

Great post. I agree that if someone writes a thoughtful, reasonable post, even if it can be interpreted as negative (though really, if that's how you see things, its simply realistic, not negative), then it should not create a ridiculous amount of haranguing and abuse. Looking back on your prediction, there was nothing wrong with the tone, but a few of the replies were very poor, which is a shame.

Simply, I think people confuse criticism of the club in any aspect for attacks on the club, forgetting that the people doing the criticising are just as big as fans as everyone else, mad that that needs to be said. Plus there are superfans, people with rose tinted specs who will just not allow people to criticise the club, because its their life's duty to defend the club.

Its the sort of thing that seems to get a pass, and I wouldn't confine that simply to RAWK, if you stick your head out then you're vulnerable to mockery and dismissal, without anyone caring about it. Just need to ignore it and plough through it.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: April 27, 2015, 01:26:56 pm »

any thoughts on next season mate?

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: April 27, 2015, 01:53:02 pm »

£12.7m average net spend in their tenure.

That's on the back of CL money, huge TV and commercial revenue

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #557 on: April 27, 2015, 02:05:12 pm »
As things stand right now...

Compete for top 4 and don't get knocked out of any cup competition by lesser opposition.

Didn't quite meet my expectations in the cups.  :-\

Shouldn't have got knocked out of both European comps or the FA Cup by the teams we did. I guess it's why ultimately i wouldn't be too concerned if there were changes this summer.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #558 on: April 27, 2015, 02:07:29 pm »

The actual amount of what we spend is irrelevant isn't it. Surely what's important is what we spend relative to what we make. From what i've seen they're spending every penny and then some with extra loans given to the club. I mean, under FFP what more can they do?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: April 27, 2015, 02:51:44 pm »

And how does this stand in relation to what we are making ? Basically, what could have been the theoretical maximum within FFP limits ?