Author Topic: Expectations for 2014/15 Season  (Read 96651 times)

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
Expectations for 2014/15 Season
« on: July 10, 2014, 02:40:15 am »
Title says it all really.

Good season for me is making top 4 again, Having a good cup run/possibly win one and making it out of CL group or even past last 16 (taking into consideration the tough group we will most likely end up in).

A great season would be a push for the title like last year and be in contention to the end. Also make a good run in champions league but I can't see it with Suarez leaving.

Ideally we would win the fucking lot.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Expectations for 2014/15 Season
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 03:06:20 am »
Quarter finals of the CL, top three in the league and at least one domestic cup would be really good especially if the club lose Suarez
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 03:25:24 am »
At least 75 points in the league. Would love a cup, but hope to go as far as possible in all cup competitions

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 03:27:38 am »
Honestly, it's incredibly hard to say at this point without seeing who else is coming in. We could spend the reported 75m fantastically well and be in a great position to compete for trophies on all fronts or we can spend it all on bringing back Andy Carroll.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 03:43:33 am »
It's too early in the transfer window to tell. I will say that without Suarez I have concerns our attacks lack of experienced will hurt our chance of competing for the title and trophies.

I do think Rodgers has a well balanced side though and a top four finish is what we should be aiming for along with making it out of the group stage in the Champions League. Just feels like we lack the top end talent to get us over the line.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 04:13:18 am by DanA »
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Wernerred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 03:44:39 am »
We go again!

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 04:21:29 am »
As long as we get top 4 and cement our place in the CL ill be happy. How well we did last season we are still very much in a building stage with the amount of youth coming through at once.
Saying all that I think if things go our way we could challenge for both the CL and the PL this season

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 04:54:55 am »
Let's see who the transfers are first before becoming realistic about next year's targets
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 04:59:18 am »
Top 3 finish and some silverware.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 05:00:01 am »
With one of the best players to ever play for us leaves, and a bit of settling in for a lot of new players, I expect us to still do well but not be as competitive. Cementing ourselves for Champions League would be good, but I think top 3 is what we should be going for and 3rd is my expectation.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline FoolForPool

• Main Stander
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 05:56:06 am »
Arsenal and Man U will be in fighting form and Tottenham will have had a year to bed in their players.  Mourinho will have had a year to build his own team.  Van Gaal looks like a pragmatist and will hit the ground running and it is going to be a tough season without Suarez.

With our current crop of players:
I would be very happy with staying in the top four. We should get out of the group stages of the CL and a cup run would be a nice cherry on the cake.  Liverpool are still in the rebuilding phase, as long as we look like we are improving then I can forgive a lot.

Offline Midekima

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 07:53:59 am »
Need top 4 or we will forever be losing our best players.1 step up, 1 step down....

Such a strong league.

Offline l12ngo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 07:54:39 am »
Assuming Suarez leaves and Markovic and Origi come in, I think we'll be 5/6th. In this scenario I see the top 4 being City, Chelsea, Arsenal & United and see them as being some distance ahead of the battle for 5th. I did think we'd be top 4 last season so I'm not unduly negative. I just think our signings so far have been poor if they're intended to replace Suarez's goals. If they were just squad signings for a bit of depth with Suarez staying, I think we could once again challenge for the title (though his ban has the potential to make that more difficult).

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 07:54:52 am »
not arsed if we are in top four, because we are winning the Big Ears anyway ;)

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 07:59:53 am »
Title challenge and CL quarterfinals

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 08:03:06 am »
0 expectations just want us to do our best in every competition. The days of expecting stuff in football are gone. Would love a trophy and a good CL run if possible.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 08:03:08 am »
Go one better and win it!
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 08:11:00 am »
Top four again. A bit of stability. I'd be delighted with anything more.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 08:11:31 am »
first round out Capital One, then FA / CL and EPL title, that will do!
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 08:16:28 am »
Expectations is always tricky. I'd rather post what I'd say would be a good season.

Top four
Knockout rounds of CL
Final of a domestic cup.

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 08:19:05 am »
38 finals in the PL, 15 finals in the CL(?), FA Cup: decent run, Carling Cup:final win by our reserves with Captain Aspas lifting the cup.

on a serious note: 75pt in the premier league , at least the quarter finals of the CL, and either the fa cup or Carling cup.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 08:21:21 am »
Don't really have any, just excited for another season under Rodgers
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 08:28:15 am »
Play some more great football and score lots of goals. Getting back into the CL would be nice but this season is about bedding in the new faces and continuing to develop the style and way we play. I also think a trophy would be good just to keep things ticking over!

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 08:37:09 am »
As things stand right now...

Compete for top 4 and don't get knocked out of any cup competition by lesser opposition.

Don't think it's fair to have expectation's of a certain stage of a knockout competition as so much depends on the draw. Arsenal for example were draw at home every single round of the FA Cup. If you have that draw your expectations have to be the semi's.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 08:53:43 am »
Expectations is always tricky. I'd rather post what I'd say would be a good season.

Top four
Knockout rounds of CL
Final of a domestic cup.

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 08:58:35 am »
Think we face a huge battle securing top 4 so that is my first and only aim, everything else is a bonus
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline darcy171

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2014, 09:01:30 am »
League:
Honestly anything can happen with the way things are going. Just because we challenged last year means nothing when Arsenal, United, Chelsea and inevitably City will all strengthen. To stay in top 4 would be very satisfactory again. Anything higher im very happy with.

Champions League:
We will have probably the toughest group because of our seeding. That being said, unless we qualify for the knockout, it can only be seen as a failure. As we all know, anything can happen in the knockout stages, but as long as we're out of the group, let's just see what we can do.

Cup:
Would be nice to win one. But think its always stupid naming a minimum expectation when it comes to cups.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2014, 09:02:29 am »
to be exhilarated once again
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2014, 09:10:01 am »
Just to enjoy this season as much as I enjoyed last. Would love to get to the knock out stages of the CL.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2014, 09:16:05 am »
We mustn't get carried away with how fantastically we did last season. If title challenges, CL quarterfinals and domestic cups are people's expectations, then I fear for the state of this forum if we're chasing 4th in a few months. Let's keep some perspective. There are at least 4 teams with squads/first 11s at least as good as ours, with Chelsea and Man City way out in front at the moment. For us to challenge again for the title like last year we're going to need them to slip up several times along with ourselves being at our best. Man C had to get used to a new manager last year and started poorly, and Chelsea slipped to some very uncharacteristic defeats. As for top 4, Man U will surely emerge from their Moyesian malaise, Arsenal will have Sanchez, Spurs have some great players if Pochettino can gette best out of them, and Martinez is a great manager. It's far from a given. We'll likely be third favourites to get out of our CL group, and the CL will be a new experience for Brendan and many of our players. And we still don't have huge squad depth, so the domestic cups are very likely to see us field a good few reserves or youngsters.

My expectations are that Brendan will have us building fluid, fast, exciting attacks and have us looking more comfortable in defence. I expect to see the team looking increasingly competent and able playing to Brendan's tactics. I expect to see committed, passionate performances on our European nights, and remind everyone just what an incredible experience a CL night at Anfield is. How many wins and points, and what positions this will translate into I don't know, but as long as this happens I'm sure we'll have a great season. I expect us to at least mount a serious challenge for top 4, and I'm desperate that we qualify for the CL again as that's the platform we need to keep building our team, but I won't be going crazy if things don't all go our way, as long as I see positive progress in our playing and the team morale and togetherness stays as good as it was last year.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2014, 09:23:11 am »
I'd be happy just to get CL again for 2015-16.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Kali Yuga

• Anny Roader
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 09:30:08 am »
Anywhere in the top four and getting past the group stages of the CL would be a good season.

Hopefully we spend well and challenge for the title again...
You can cage an animal, but you'll never take away the rage.

Offline CoventryYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 09:35:26 am »
Top 4, that is all.

Offline joe ®

• Anny Roader
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 09:39:26 am »
Would be absolutely made up with third place, cementing us in the CL for another season. Can't see it though. All our rivals have strengthened (with the possible exception of Everton) so I think fifth or sixth is most likely. Anything over that is a bonus.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 09:43:56 am »
I'll be happy with a top four finish, just want to see some good football and enjoy watching the likes of Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Henderson et al. develop more. I want to see real intent to keep improving and challenging, attitude is important, not losing are heads after going a goal down or throwing away silly leads. I'm sure that we won't.

I don't expect us to win the league or a cup, but I would be overjoyed if we did. I think we can get a cup and maybe challenge again, but I'm certainly not expecting it. After Suarez, let's see us keep hold of our best players, keep this group of talented players together and build them into a great team.

Just going to try and enjoy the season and watch some good football.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 09:48:43 am »
Top 4 depending on the rest of the transfer window. The likes of Markovic and Can being only 20 makes me feel like it will be more of a transitional season than a progression. Another striker and some new full backs and I would upgrade this to a title challenge and domestic cup  :)

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 09:54:23 am »
5th in the league, and out of the Champions League in the group stage...

However, drop in to the Europa League, win that and go back in to the Champions League again.
We get our objective of Champions League football and win a European trophy as well.

Either that or win the Premiership...

I am undecided on what I expect at the moment!  ;)

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2014, 09:54:27 am »
Title challenge. Let's do this.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2014, 10:10:58 am »
Consolidating top 4 this season is massive. Then take it from there and worry about the title.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2014, 10:12:25 am »
I honestly don't know.