Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm  (Read 205559 times)

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm
« Reply #800 on: April 11, 2014, 02:31:51 pm »
Cannot wait for this match
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm
« Reply #801 on: April 11, 2014, 02:32:55 pm »
I wouldn't be able to say if there has been one since, but Negredo did at the Etihad. If you press high with your front 6 and your defence sit a bit deeper then Silva should be able to find some space in between. I thought you pressed quite high against us last time around because pace in behind was never a threat (Aguero was out), but of course you are better placed than me to say if that's normal.

Think that game we did for obvious reasons. Mainly because of Silva. But it kind of backfired on us really. Silva when he's on form, can find those passes even with little space and when there's extra space in behind, he can cause damage. Now Gerrard occupies that space and almost at times becomes our 3rd centre-back so I wouldn't expect us to be pushed so high up this time around.

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
« Reply #802 on: April 11, 2014, 02:34:11 pm »
I have a feeling that we will surprise people with the way we set ourselves up in the game. Instead of going with the expected counter attack I think we will do what we did at Arsenal and come flying out of the traps at them from all angles.

Wouldn't be all that surprising.  I think City may be quite one-dimensional in the way they will the approach the game... especially if they counting on Augero to be their main striker.
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #803 on: April 11, 2014, 02:38:12 pm »
I have a feeling that we will surprise people with the way we set ourselves up in the game. Instead of going with the expected counter attack I think we will do what we did at Arsenal and come flying out of the traps at them from all angles.

Think most of us expect that
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: April 11, 2014, 02:39:05 pm »
Wouldn't be all that surprising.  I think City may be quite one-dimensional in the way they will the approach the game... especially if they counting on Augero to be their main striker.

Does anyone actually think Aguero will start ?

Just recovered from a hamstring, no gametime, straight into biggest game of the season.

I'll be surprised if he does, I expect they'll set up as they have been, Aguero on the bench.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: April 11, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »

Just recovered from a hamstring, no gametime, straight into biggest game of the season.

I'll be surprised if he does, I expect they'll set up as they have been, Aguero on the bench.

From what I've read, that seems to be the case.  He's apparently been training really well and recovered quite well.  Only thing would be whether he's match-fit or not...

I'd be quite surprised if he does start.  But, how long do you wait to risk him? 
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: April 11, 2014, 02:46:21 pm »
From what I've read, that seems to be the case.  He's apparently been training really well and recovered quite well.  Only thing would be whether he's match-fit or not...

I'd be quite surprised if he does start.  But, how long do you wait to risk him?

If he was fit he'd have had a short run out last week surely, Pellegrini said he was ready but saving him for this game.

PoP is probably better equipped to answer the question, but surely you'd give him a run out for 20 minutes before having him start what will surely be a high intensity match ?
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Blue Coop

• Anny Roader
  • MCFC
« Reply #807 on: April 11, 2014, 02:46:44 pm »

In my head he has to start, his movement and ability is just on a different level to any of our other options and in the biggest games you have to play your best players. He was in full training before the Southampton game, so it's probable that he was left out of that one with Liverpool in mind (rather than throwing him similar to against Sunderland in the final on the back of 2 days training). He's been coming back from knocks for most the season and still averages a goal every 79 minutes. I'd be very surprised to see him on the bench.

If his fitness is such that he can only play 60 minutes or so, I think you'll see him playing the first 60 rather than coming on from the bench. Atleast I hope so anyway, hopefully you're wrong.  :P

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #808 on: April 11, 2014, 02:48:14 pm »

I think the most sensible thing to do is introduce him early in the 2nd half if they are either level or losing. If they are winning at that stage I think they would probably wait a little longer to introduce him. I'd expect him to get at least 20 minutes either way based on what has been said this week though. Dzeko has been playing well recently too so might just get the start

Offline Dickie_Mint

• Minty Dick
  • Kopite
  • Cesky Sen!
« Reply #809 on: April 11, 2014, 02:53:10 pm »
I think the most sensible thing to do is introduce him early in the 2nd half if they are either level or losing. If they are winning at that stage I think they would probably wait a little longer to introduce him. I'd expect him to get at least 20 minutes either way based on what has been said this week though. Dzeko has been playing well recently too so might just get the start

If there's one team in the league I deffo wouldn't want to be coming back after an injury against it's Liverpool. Not in this game.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: April 11, 2014, 02:57:36 pm »
In my head he has to start, his movement and ability is just on a different level to any of our other options and in the biggest games you have to play your best players. He was in full training before the Southampton game, so it's probable that he was left out of that one with Liverpool in mind (rather than throwing him similar to against Sunderland in the final on the back of 2 days training). He's been coming back from knocks for most the season and still averages a goal every 79 minutes. I'd be very surprised to see him on the bench.

If his fitness is such that he can only play 60 minutes or so, I think you'll see him playing the first 60 rather than coming on from the bench. Atleast I hope so anyway, hopefully you're wrong.  :P

It just seems strange that after a muscle injury, and one caused by sprinting he'd chuck him in at the deep end.
Let's hope we test those hamstrings out early on with a couple of aimless runs against Sterling or Johnson.  :P

He will know that if it goes again it could well jeopardise his WC place, let's hope that's praying on his mind.
 ;)

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: April 11, 2014, 03:04:56 pm »

It's a risk either way, especially given the high intensity that the match will be played in.  If he starts then there's a risk he get injured again and then you will have to regroup.  And if he comes on later, he may need some time to get into the game in which case it may be too late already and they game may be lost.

Agreed.  The more sensible option is to go for Dzeko as a starter and Augero to come on later if they're going for the win.
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #812 on: April 11, 2014, 03:05:16 pm »
Been dumped by text while I'm on holiday after 18 months today so I desperately need Sunday to give me something to smile about. Please, lads.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #813 on: April 11, 2014, 03:06:14 pm »
Been dumped by text while I'm on holiday after 18 months today so I desperately need Sunday to give me something to smile about. Please, lads.

Sorry to hear :(

What kinda bastard dumps someone by text? Coward.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #814 on: April 11, 2014, 03:06:29 pm »

Isn't this his second hamstring injury this season? I thought he had another one just before this and they rushed him back and he picked up another.

I hope they do start him as with the World Cup coming up he's not going to want to stretch that hamstring again.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Hollywood Balls

• Pine Wood Cock
  • Kopite
  • "Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville."
« Reply #815 on: April 11, 2014, 03:06:46 pm »
You got me there. I had it in my head that we're playing on Saturday... :(

No worries bud - didn't want you getting togged out in your liverpool gear and preparing your nibbles and large beverage on the sofa only to find out the match wasn't on :D
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts: CAN'T LOSE!

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #816 on: April 11, 2014, 03:11:31 pm »
Sorry to hear :(

What kinda bastard dumps someone by text? Coward.
After 18 months, what a prick. Keep you spirits high Sian, i'm single too    :P

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #817 on: April 11, 2014, 03:16:38 pm »
If he was fit he'd have had a short run out last week surely, Pellegrini said he was ready but saving him for this game.

PoP is probably better equipped to answer the question, but surely you'd give him a run out for 20 minutes before having him start what will surely be a high intensity match ?

If he's not 100%, and they start him, and we're dominant, my guess is there's a danger of him pulling up near the end of the first half chasing a loose ball/long ball into the channels. Either that or he will do very little sprinting in the first place
Better looking than Samie.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: April 11, 2014, 03:18:54 pm »

What a fucking coward. I hope Stevie smashes in a 30 yard piledriver and his monstrous balls to accidentally slip out his shorts when celebrating to make you completely forget all about it!

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #819 on: April 11, 2014, 03:27:35 pm »
What a fucking coward. I hope Stevie smashes in a 30 yard piledriver and his monstrous balls to accidentally slip out his shorts when celebrating to make you completely forget all about it!

:o

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: April 11, 2014, 03:28:45 pm »
Isn't this his second hamstring injury this season? I thought he had another one just before this and they rushed him back and he picked up another.

I hope they do start him as with the World Cup coming up he's not going to want to stretch that hamstring again.

If thats the case, they'd be mental risking him.  I guess it depends how desperate they are to get something out of this.
Regarding your second point, it depends on the mentality of the individual... glory with club or glory with country?
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: April 11, 2014, 03:29:20 pm »
I just had a dream that we .........

.......... that we have beaten City :P

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #822 on: April 11, 2014, 03:33:12 pm »
Packing at home in Finland.My first time at Anfield was in -76.This is my first top four match.Early flight from Helsinki tomorrow.
Can this be true or am I dreaming?I think it is both.Oh dear!

Have a wonderful time dude! Sing your heart out and all our dreams will come true.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Chris Mullin

• Kopite
« Reply #823 on: April 11, 2014, 03:35:33 pm »
1-0 Couthino 87th minute!  :wave

Don´t think he´ll be on the pitch by then...no matter the outcome of the game is.
The only way Lebron will ever get close to a ring is if he shakes Kobe´s hand.........

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: April 11, 2014, 03:38:26 pm »

That sucks. The lads will do you proud and make you forget such an insensitive shit.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #825 on: April 11, 2014, 03:42:05 pm »

Sorry to hear that, it always hurts. On the bright side, although it won't feel like it now, I have a funny feeling being single and a Liverpool fan might be quite fun in the weeks to come.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: April 11, 2014, 03:43:17 pm »

Really? You think this is a thing to be joking about do you?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:47:43 pm by Barney. Thanks. »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
  • Scousers Rule The Country - Kop STH
« Reply #827 on: April 11, 2014, 03:44:19 pm »

Sorry to hear that, but like someone said above, at the minute being single and a Liverpool fan might not too bad after all!
Liverpool is a soul mate, you can never fall out of love.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #828 on: April 11, 2014, 03:46:26 pm »
Didn't realise the kick-offs in the weekend games are being delayed by 7 minutes as a mark of respect by the FA for Hillsborough. 
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: April 11, 2014, 03:46:50 pm »

Sorry to hear about that, what a fucking wimp to dump by text.

Better off without him I say if that's his idea of class.

Rally around the lads for the weekend and all will be better.

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: April 11, 2014, 03:51:02 pm »
Just woke up from a nightmare here in a California, 0-2 at HT. Luckily one of the goals was scored by Dzeko's mom, so it's completely preposterous. Still, had a huge breath of relief when I woke up.

Weird shit is happening to me, can't wait for this to be over :(

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: April 11, 2014, 03:58:57 pm »

Don't feel sorry for yourself. He didn't deserve you. What kind of a guy dumps such a dedicated and die hard LFC fan anyway. Lads will do this for you on Sunday, don't worry.

On a lighter note, I'm married so I'm sorry we can only be friends. Hope it's okay with you. :P

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #832 on: April 11, 2014, 03:59:49 pm »
I'd pick Lucas, Hendo in front of Gerrard in midfield and play Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling in a front 3 to terrorize their defence with lots of pace, movement and trickery.

Back 4 is a tough one. Agger or Sakho to partner  Skrtel? Cannot say.
Phuk yoo

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: April 11, 2014, 04:00:57 pm »

I did that once, when i was 11 and been with a girl 6 days. What a nasty bloke.

LFC will cheer you up.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #834 on: April 11, 2014, 04:04:19 pm »

I told you Forest fans are wankers. Sorry to hear that Sian.

You'll be smiling by the end of the weekend, don't you worry about that!

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: April 11, 2014, 04:07:11 pm »
Proud of the lads this season, they've been superb and Rodgers has been brilliant throughout.

Whatever happens this season, we have definitely sent out a huge marker to the rest of the league and Europe, that we are back to business. Its been an incredibly difficult journey, from the pits of Hodge's reign of terror and all that's gone on in the last few years but the way our lads have stepped up this season has been incredible.

The belief is there, the mentality is stronger than ever. Whilst the fans certainly feel the nerves of being in a title race, and I probably will have to take about 20 Valiums to get through Sunday, it seems the players have embraced it completely.

Let's go out there and get the job done. Come on you Redmen ! COME THE FUCK ON !

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: April 11, 2014, 04:07:57 pm »

Prolly doesn't help at the moment, but you're better off without someone that's got it in them to do that.

Cowardly act.

Chin up Sian, Sunday will make you smile.
 :)

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: April 11, 2014, 04:08:42 pm »
I just had a dream that we .........

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5_EdzOSSDV0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5_EdzOSSDV0</a>

.......... that we have beaten City :P

could be a good one off song, We'll beat Man City! x3 with Suarez and Studge!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:28:46 pm by Pelé as a Comedian »

Offline thewing

• Cut me and I bleed Red
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • I didn't come here to learn English
« Reply #838 on: April 11, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »
BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COMING TOGETHER IS A BEGINNING
KEEPING TOGETHER IS PROGRESS
WORKING TOGETHER IS A SUCCESS

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #839 on: April 11, 2014, 04:12:51 pm »

Aren't they a Forest fan?

Because they only had 18 months of the best part of their lives an' all :)

Form is temporary, Class is permanent.

Keep moving forward like the Tricky Reds. It's the only way to be :)
Better looking than Samie.