Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm  (Read 206265 times)

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm
« Reply #760 on: April 11, 2014, 11:21:34 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XHQdpnYFl7k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XHQdpnYFl7k</a>

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #761 on: April 11, 2014, 11:28:17 am »
Are we there yet?
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #762 on: April 11, 2014, 11:32:47 am »
Amazing to think this fixture was Rodgers first in charge at Anfield in the league.

A beautiful, sunny summers day in Liverpool.

All the nervous anticipation I felt taking my seat in the Lower Annie Rd, against the previous seasons champions.
A team full of stars, who were highly fancied to repeat their league winning form.
Coming off the disappointment of the 3-0 opening day loss to WBA, I thought we might be in for a torrid time.

We played brilliantly that day.

Raheem Sterling after a couple of cameos in the previous season started the match against the much more experienced and
seemly much stronger Kolo Toure.  Little did anyone especially Kolo know how deceptive this little lads frame was.  Sterling
was magnificent, a preview for what we now see week in week out.

I look back at that game and you can see the embers of where we are now.
I was lucky to witness first hand the genius of Suarez sitting directly behind Joe Hart when his free kick whipped around the wall and nuzzled into the back of the net.

We deserved the win, only to come away with a draw.

Sunday we step out against City a different team, no longer is there nervous anticipation about how we will perform against
one of the early favourites for the league.  It's replaced by a confidence in the team and the manager.  Confidence that we are Liverpool and this is Anfield.

There is only one favourite here.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: April 11, 2014, 11:35:48 am »
We've got the momentum, we've got the confidence, we're the in-form team right now, we're breaking records as we go along, Anfield is going to be a fiery cauldron......

Its a cliche, but believe me, these f*ckers are more scared of us than we are of them.

Plus they've got a hell of a lot more pressure on them than we do.

Never better placed to beat them.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #764 on: April 11, 2014, 11:36:05 am »
We should have got Jay Spearing back to put Yaya Toure in his arse pocket again.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: April 11, 2014, 11:40:14 am »
Amazing to think this fixture was Rodgers first in charge at Anfield in the league.

A beautiful, sunny summers day in Liverpool.

All the nervous anticipation I felt taking my seat in the Lower Annie Rd, against the previous seasons champions.
A team full of stars, who were highly fancied to repeat their league winning form.
Coming off the disappointment of the 3-0 opening day loss to WBA, I thought we might be in for a torrid time.

We played brilliantly that day.

Raheem Sterling after a couple of cameos in the previous season started the match against the much more experienced and
seemly much stronger Kolo Toure.  Little did anyone especially Kolo know how deceptive this little lads frame was.  Sterling
was magnificent, a preview for what we now see week in week out.

I look back at that game and you can see the embers of where we are now.
I was lucky to witness first hand the genius of Suarez sitting directly behind Joe Hart when his free kick whipped around the wall and nuzzled into the back of the net.

We deserved the win, only to come away with a draw.

Sunday we step out against City a different team, no longer is there nervous anticipation about how we will perform against
one of the early favourites for the league.  It's replaced by a confidence in the team and the manager.  Confidence that we are Liverpool and this is Anfield.

There is only one favourite here.

Good post mate. I was sitting not far away from you. Suarez's free kick still lives vividly in my memory despite the booze before the match.

Even though we drew, the performance and the fact we didn't get 3 points due to an individual error, made it feel like we'd won.

My favourite thing about that match was the atmosphere. I've never known the Anny Road end to be as loud as it was that day in the time I've been going to Anfield.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #766 on: April 11, 2014, 11:43:28 am »
Good post mate. I was sitting not far away from you. Suarez's free kick still lives vividly in my memory despite the booze before the match.

Even though we drew, the performance and the fact we didn't get 3 points due to an individual error, made it feel like we'd won.

My favourite thing about that match was the atmosphere. I've never known the Anny Road end to be as loud as it was that day in the time I've been going to Anfield.

Wow, can't believe I forgot that. 
As soon as I read your post it totally jogged my memory.

It was rocking wasn't it!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #767 on: April 11, 2014, 11:54:26 am »
The idea that others are going through what you’re suffering from is  comforting.
Just think that there are grown fellas waking up in the middle of the night in Moscow , New York and Toronto and it’s not their prostate………,blokes watching old footage of the team in Huyton until three in the morning, poor concentration at work in Surrey, fretting as we take our  kids to school in LA or in Sydney…..or if you’re a teacher, talking about the team selection or past glories to your students as is my case over here in Italy - they might have problems with their irregular verbs but they all know about the diamond  formation and Wolves away in 1976 all right!…..
There are bosses wondering why scousers and non ( you don’t have to be a scouser to love our team) the world over are not performing at work at the moment….But we know ………….This is what family is all about…
I reckon that the whole concept of our  worldwide family is mind-blowing… Roll on Sunday…..

We are family fellas!!!! All in this one together!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVe_HcyP9Y

PS. Still waiting for someone to come out with the immortal “ but it’s only a game…grown men kicking a ball round…………..!!!

You're forgetting us!  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpWRZBiNTMU
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: April 11, 2014, 12:26:18 pm »
this really is the most exciting game since athens. just can't get it off my mind at all. what a season
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #769 on: April 11, 2014, 12:31:33 pm »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #770 on: April 11, 2014, 12:33:25 pm »
This week is so fucking long!! Itseems that we played West Ham a month ago
I know! Seems like ages ago!

I can't even remember the West Ham match that well anymore- just that Lucas had a stormer and I have to try and remember the goals. I basically immediately forgot about that game, with all the anticipation and potential of this match.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #771 on: April 11, 2014, 12:39:45 pm »
Sundays have gone from being the worse day in the week to the best

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #772 on: April 11, 2014, 12:41:38 pm »
That comes with a flake, right?
Definitely ;D
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #773 on: April 11, 2014, 01:08:54 pm »
I quite like having a quick look at rival's forums before we play them, just to get a glimpse of their thoughts into a game. And wow, I wasn't expecting that much vitriol from Bluemoon regarding us, our success this season seems to have really wound them up. I know you can't really expect everyone on a forum to be rational, especially before a big game like this.

Sure, there are always rival teams that you hate to see doing well, but when they do you have to begrudgingly give them some credit. How United have managed to relentlessly clinch games, and therefore titles under Ferguson is quite amazing, given that their squad always seemed to be declining in quality in recent seasons. Arsenal's style of play under Wenger has always been easy on the eye, and I have no shame in admitting I used to really look forward to watching the likes of Henry and Pires on MOTD. Chelsea and City have had a lot of money pumped into their clubs, sure, but City especially have brought some world class players to the Premiership, whether you agree with how they've done it or not. City play some fantastic attacking football, and we'll do well to hold them off this weekend.

So I find it quite funny to see some numpties get irate at how much fanfare we're getting in the media, how 'deluded' we are, we're nothing without Suarez, too many penalties etc.etc.etc. We are where we are in the league on merit, and the same applies to City. Both teams have played amazing football this season, and are the the two most exciting attacking sides in the league to watch. City are in a great position to win the title, so are we. Whatever the outcome, you have to say fair play to whoever holds their nerve come the final matchday. We're now seeing a lot of opposing fans that are terrified at the prospect of us winning it, with statements such as 'we'll never hear the end of it', 'anybody but the scousers', 'it's only because they're not in Europe'. Well, if we do win it, we have every right to celebrate the achievement. I think that City and Chelsea fans will obviously be miffed because we'd have done it without splashing the cash to the same extent they have, Arsenal fans because only a few months ago they were seen bigger title challengers than us, and United fans, well they're not exactly going to wish us all the best are they?

Sunday will be a fantastic, and emotional occasion. We can all pay our tributes to those who lost their lives at Hillsborough, with the knowledge that justice for those responsible seems to be on its way. And we can get behind Rodgers and our team, who against the odds have given us a real season to remember, and propelled us back into Europe in style. I'm constantly switching between fear, excitement and joy at the prospect of Sunday. I really hope we just play to near our full potential, as I think we'll certainly ruffle the feathers of our detractors. I've not looked forward to a game of football this much for a long time. Come on you beautiful Reds.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: April 11, 2014, 01:11:27 pm »
Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC  11m
PELLEGRINI: All the squad is OK, except Matija Nastasic.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: April 11, 2014, 01:17:03 pm »
47 hours to go...

This is torture.  :(

Offline JohnM

• Mystic tealeaf reader
  • Anny Roader
  • That's how they roll.
« Reply #776 on: April 11, 2014, 01:17:22 pm »
Shababs.

The wife as been very busy with her search for enlightenment, out here in Thailand, it's been a successful trip, with new and exoctic blends of Tea. Whilst in a break from her Yoga spiritualist session's she conducted a reading of the Tea Leaves. As with any Tasseography her analysis is based on the zodiac and the pattern of the Tea leaves.

The zodiac reading are saying there will be a phenomen on the 13 April when Jupiter the Roman God of Fire, will out shadow Neptune the God of the Sea, also the Moon is in its last quarter and is declining.
In the Tea Leaves she see's a bird, which is good news and also a shamrock for a wish coming true. 

The match will be played like a game of chess, with both side's trying to dominate from deep with thrusting penetrations going forward with speed and energy into a tight box, when in control of the ball a firm grip will be needed. He Who Dares Wins.

Liverpool 4 - 2 Man City.

That's how they rolled Inshaallah
JohnM

Do all that is necessary and nothing that is not

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: April 11, 2014, 01:24:23 pm »
I quite like having a quick look at rival's forums before we play them, just to get a glimpse of their thoughts into a game. And wow, I wasn't expecting that much vitriol from Bluemoon regarding us, our success this season seems to have really wound them up. I know you can't really expect everyone on a forum to be rational, especially before a big game like this.

Sure, there are always rival teams that you hate to see doing well, but when they do you have to begrudgingly give them some credit. How United have managed to relentlessly clinch games, and therefore titles under Ferguson is quite amazing, given that their squad always seemed to be declining in quality in recent seasons. Arsenal's style of play under Wenger has always been easy on the eye, and I have no shame in admitting I used to really look forward to watching the likes of Henry and Pires on MOTD. Chelsea and City have had a lot of money pumped into their clubs, sure, but City especially have brought some world class players to the Premiership, whether you agree with how they've done it or not. City play some fantastic attacking football, and we'll do well to hold them off this weekend.

So I find it quite funny to see some numpties get irate at how much fanfare we're getting in the media, [n]how 'deluded' we are[/b], we're nothing without Suarez, too many penalties etc.etc.etc. We are where we are in the league on merit, and the same applies to City. Both teams have played amazing football this season, and are the the two most exciting attacking sides in the league to watch. City are in a great position to win the title, so are we. Whatever the outcome, you have to say fair play to whoever holds their nerve come the final matchday. We're now seeing a lot of opposing fans that are terrified at the prospect of us winning it, with statements such as 'we'll never hear the end of it', 'anybody but the scousers', 'it's only because they're not in Europe'. Well, if we do win it, we have every right to celebrate the achievement. I think that City and Chelsea fans will obviously be miffed because we'd have done it without splashing the cash to the same extent they have, Arsenal fans because only a few months ago they were seen bigger title challengers than us, and United fans, well they're not exactly going to wish us all the best are they?

Sunday will be a fantastic, and emotional occasion. We can all pay our tributes to those who lost their lives at Hillsborough, with the knowledge that justice for those responsible seems to be on its way. And we can get behind Rodgers and our team, who against the odds have given us a real season to remember, and propelled us back into Europe in style. I'm constantly switching between fear, excitement and joy at the prospect of Sunday. I really hope we just play to near our full potential, as I think we'll certainly ruffle the feathers of our detractors. I've not looked forward to a game of football this much for a long time. Come on you beautiful Reds.

They're right though. I've been seriously delusional of late. Every time I look at the league table I see "1. Liverpool".

Offline lebowski25

• Main Stander
« Reply #778 on: April 11, 2014, 01:55:19 pm »
I don't think Aguero will start, and if he does he wont be 100% which you need to be in this kind of high intensity match

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #779 on: April 11, 2014, 01:57:46 pm »
Sundays have gone from being the worse day in the week to the best

Mondays is now the worse day in the week. Hangover central!
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #780 on: April 11, 2014, 01:58:21 pm »
Liverpool 4 - 2 Man City.

That's how they rolled Inshaallah

Getting a sense of Deja Vu with this, how many times have you posted this? :)

Though, I'll happily take this scoreline, just keep on repeating it and it should come true!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #781 on: April 11, 2014, 02:00:10 pm »
Not all of City's players will crumble under the atmosphere, some will thrive under it, some won't care - but I tell you what, that c*nt Nasri will vanish from the game.  I hope he plays.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline Blue Coop

• Anny Roader
  • MCFC
« Reply #782 on: April 11, 2014, 02:01:16 pm »
I don't think Aguero will start, and if he does he wont be 100% which you need to be in this kind of high intensity match

Pretty sure he will start personally, he could be at 60% and he's twice the player of Dzeko or Negredo.

Most important aspect is his pace stops your defence from being able to push up as much as the could with the latter 2.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:02:48 pm by Blue Coop »

Offline Blue Coop

• Anny Roader
  • MCFC
« Reply #783 on: April 11, 2014, 02:02:08 pm »
Not all of City's players will crumble under the atmosphere, some will thrive under it, some won't care - but I tell you what, that c*nt Nasri will vanish from the game.  I hope he plays.

He's having a good year, but I actually agree he could well go missing. Would prefer to see Silva and Jovetic behind Aguero instead.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #784 on: April 11, 2014, 02:04:01 pm »
He's having a good year, but I actually agree he could well go missing. Would prefer to see Silva and Jovetic behind Aguero instead.
He's a spineless little turd and will cry for his mum.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline Liver-Land

• Anny Roader
« Reply #785 on: April 11, 2014, 02:04:50 pm »

So I find it quite funny to see some numpties get irate at how much fanfare we're getting in the media, how 'deluded' we are, we're nothing without Suarez, too many penalties etc.etc.etc. We are where we are in the league on merit, and the same applies to City. Both teams have played amazing football this season, and are the the two most exciting attacking sides in the league to watch. City are in a great position to win the title, so are we. Whatever the outcome, you have to say fair play to whoever holds their nerve come the final matchday. We're now seeing a lot of opposing fans that are terrified at the prospect of us winning it, with statements such as 'we'll never hear the end of it', 'anybody but the scousers', 'it's only because they're not in Europe'. Well, if we do win it, we have every right to celebrate the achievement. I think that City and Chelsea fans will obviously be miffed because we'd have done it without splashing the cash to the same extent they have, Arsenal fans because only a few months ago they were seen bigger title challengers than us, and United fans, well they're not exactly going to wish us all the best are they?

It's quite obvious what's causing other teams irrational hatred of us...

FEAR
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:06:31 pm by Liver-Land »

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #786 on: April 11, 2014, 02:06:55 pm »
La

La La La LaLa
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline nittinivala

• Anny Roader
« Reply #787 on: April 11, 2014, 02:07:01 pm »
Packing at home in Finland.My first time at Anfield was in -76.This is my first top four match.Early flight from Helsinki tomorrow.
Can this be true or am I dreaming?I think it is both.Oh dear!

Offline Red Spen

• Main Stander
« Reply #788 on: April 11, 2014, 02:07:28 pm »

Spot on that

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #789 on: April 11, 2014, 02:07:56 pm »
Finnish It!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: April 11, 2014, 02:10:58 pm »
Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC  11m
PELLEGRINI: All the squad is OK, except Matija Nastasic.

Like it fucking matters, we are gonna twat these no-marks whoever they play.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #791 on: April 11, 2014, 02:15:42 pm »
...dominate from deep with thrusting penetrations going forward with speed and energy into a tight box...

:wave
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: April 11, 2014, 02:18:33 pm »
It's come to a point I've developed some sort of strange superstition of not wanting to change anything from the last match. Like I've genuinely sat at work for half a day deciding whether to have a haircut or not. Bad enough I have an extremely high calorie intake before a game too...all in the name of superstition, of course.

Shit has got crazy.
YNWA.

Offline NeilR

• Anny Roader
« Reply #793 on: April 11, 2014, 02:19:22 pm »

I was actually thinking Navas might be the weak link mentally under the crowds pressure. Wasn't he notorious for being homesick? I'm sure we can make him wish he was back in sunny Spain!

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: April 11, 2014, 02:19:47 pm »
Pretty sure he will start personally, he could be at 60% and he's twice the player of Dzeko or Negredo.

Most important aspect is his pace stops your defence from being able to push up as much as the could with the latter 2.

We don't play a particularly high line anyway. I really can't remember the last time a striker has gotten through one on one with Mignolet.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #795 on: April 11, 2014, 02:22:54 pm »
Am I being too optimistic for thinking we could do them 6-2?

Their defense is worse than Arsenal and Everton's, and arguably worse than Southampton and maybe even Spurs overall (if you ignore the games where they play their stupidly high line).

You know what happened in those games in the last 3 months...

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #796 on: April 11, 2014, 02:23:45 pm »
We don't play a particularly high line anyway. I really can't remember the last time a striker has gotten through one on one with Mignolet.

It's also probably that his pace will be significantly down if he plays, he won't want to tweak his hamstrings again. He'll still be deadly in front of goal so the best thing is to ensure we don't lose track of him.

Best case scenario is that he starts then has to go off early in the match, messing up their gameplan. The main thing is for us to get our plans right, whoever they play upfront
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #797 on: April 11, 2014, 02:24:13 pm »
I have a feeling that we will surprise people with the way we set ourselves up in the game. Instead of going with the expected counter attack I think we will do what we did at Arsenal and come flying out of the traps at them from all angles.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: April 11, 2014, 02:25:10 pm »
It's come to a point I've developed some sort of strange superstition of not wanting to change anything from the last match. Like I've genuinely sat at work for half a day deciding whether to have a haircut or not. Bad enough I have an extremely high calorie intake before a game too...all in the name of superstition, of course.

Shit has got crazy.

You should take your profile pic to the barbers with you and ask for a hairdo like that. Extra superstition points right there.

Offline Blue Coop

• Anny Roader
  • MCFC
« Reply #799 on: April 11, 2014, 02:27:09 pm »

I wouldn't be able to say if there has been one since, but Negredo did at the Etihad. If you press high with your front 6 and your defence sit a bit deeper then Silva should be able to find some space in between. I thought you pressed quite high against us last time around because pace in behind was never a threat (Aguero was out), but of course you are better placed than me to say if that's normal.