Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm  (Read 206257 times)

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm
« Reply #960 on: April 11, 2014, 10:38:47 pm »
Not read all of this, but did anyone explain why there were so many empty seats at the Etihad during the Southampton game ?

Shit fans.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #961 on: April 11, 2014, 10:40:53 pm »
Shit fans.

I'm no expert...but I think you nailed it right there!  ;D

Offline Roy1962

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #962 on: April 11, 2014, 10:48:05 pm »
Saint Michaels composite team: 7-4 to City

Manager Brendan Rodgers - Has done such a fabulous job, tweaking his line-up to ensure all his best players are performing at an absolute peak.

Joe Hart - Not a straightforward choice ahead of Simon Mignolet, but he has the edge. Recovered from a dip and re-established as a solid goalkeeper.

Pablo Zabaleta - He and Everton’s Seamus Coleman are the best right-backs in the Premier League. He is the modern day full-back, strong defensively and creative in attack.

Vincent Kompany - There is no better centre-back in the Premier League. Kompany is one of the best there is. His inclusion one of the easiest decisions.

Martin Skrtel - He has enjoyed a solid season and deserves credit for his recovery after a difficult first year under Brendan Rodgers.

Aleksander Kolarov - Left-back is a tough choice in this line-up. Luis Enrique has rarely featured due to injury this season, so Kolarov’s set-piece expertise earns him the spot.

Raheem Sterling - He’s been dynamite since returning to the starting line-up. Has gone from being a promising youngster to the real deal, a consistent attacking threat.

Steven Gerrard - But for Luis Suárez, Stevie would be Player of the Year contender. A brilliant season in a new role. One of those rare players who makes the game look easy.

Yaya Touré - If I was picking a best XI for the Premier League it would have Touré and Gerrard in central midfield. Touré has the ability to destroy opponents from the centre of midfield. A formidable presence.

David Silva - I’d be asking Silva to tuck inside as much as possible from the left wing. He is mesmerising on the ball, a joy to watch and one of my favourite current players.

Luis Suárez - Give him the Footballer of the Year award now. The superlatives have run out and we can now talk about him in the same breath as Messi and Ronaldo. He has been that good.

Sergio Agüero - A toss of the coin between Agüero and Sturridge this season. Agüero wins because he is world-class and Sturridge is just getting there. I’d have Sturridge as my first choice sub, though!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: April 11, 2014, 10:56:36 pm »
So many Rawk users expecting a baby. The success of this season has had good effects on people’s sex life, eh ? :P

No. Quite the opposite  :( But sex doesn't give me the buzz I'm getting from Liverpool this season so I'm not that bothered.  :)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline LFConor

• Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #964 on: April 11, 2014, 10:57:29 pm »

Manager Brendan Rodgers - Has done such a fabulous job, tweaking his line-up to ensure all his best players are performing at an absolute peak.

Joe Hart - Not a straightforward choice ahead of Simon Mignolet, but he has the edge. Recovered from a dip and re-established as a solid goalkeeper.

Pablo Zabaleta - He and Everton’s Seamus Coleman are the best right-backs in the Premier League. He is the modern day full-back, strong defensively and creative in attack.

Vincent Kompany - There is no better centre-back in the Premier League. Kompany is one of the best there is. His inclusion one of the easiest decisions.

Martin Skrtel - He has enjoyed a solid season and deserves credit for his recovery after a difficult first year under Brendan Rodgers.

Aleksander Kolarov - Left-back is a tough choice in this line-up. Luis Enrique has rarely featured due to injury this season, so Kolarov’s set-piece expertise earns him the spot.

Raheem Sterling - He’s been dynamite since returning to the starting line-up. Has gone from being a promising youngster to the real deal, a consistent attacking threat.

Steven Gerrard - But for Luis Suárez, Stevie would be Player of the Year contender. A brilliant season in a new role. One of those rare players who makes the game look easy.

Yaya Touré - If I was picking a best XI for the Premier League it would have Touré and Gerrard in central midfield. Touré has the ability to destroy opponents from the centre of midfield. A formidable presence.

David Silva - I’d be asking Silva to tuck inside as much as possible from the left wing. He is mesmerising on the ball, a joy to watch and one of my favourite current players.

Luis Suárez - Give him the Footballer of the Year award now. The superlatives have run out and we can now talk about him in the same breath as Messi and Ronaldo. He has been that good.

Sergio Agüero - A toss of the coin between Agüero and Sturridge this season. Agüero wins because he is world-class and Sturridge is just getting there. I’d have Sturridge as my first choice sub, though!

I'd have simon ahead of joe hart
"If the supporters like me, it's not half as much as I like them"
Kenny Dalglish - 6/2/2011

6 European Cups and 19 Leagues thats what we call history

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: April 11, 2014, 10:58:57 pm »
tbf he did get on it one time, can't remember against who.

but yeah !

Home to Swansea

Offline 666

• Legacy Fan
  • "وقدم ليفربول بالنسبة لي وقدم الأول لليفر
« Reply #966 on: April 11, 2014, 10:59:49 pm »

I am assuming that this is based on this seasons' performance for the inclusion of Sterling? If so, no way does Aguero get in, neither does Hart.
"Ливерпуль игроки должны играть, как лев, дать его все. Там должно быть определение, приверженность и решимость быть игроком Ливерпуля".

"Так Роджер Хант пропустив кілька, але він потрапляє в потрібне місце, щоб пропустити їх." ~ Білл Шенклі з репортером

Maestro di lingue, conquistatore del mondo.

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #967 on: April 11, 2014, 10:59:56 pm »

. Would have Suarez over St Michael any day
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: April 11, 2014, 11:00:53 pm »

Not too difficult to leave Luis Enrique out. Jose Enrique might be a better comparison in my humble opinion.

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #969 on: April 11, 2014, 11:06:22 pm »
this is the biggest chance for the title. WIN THE GAME and WIN THE TITLE!!!
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: April 11, 2014, 11:08:36 pm »
I can't wait for this game and ramming it down those arrogant c*nts throats. It's going to be a wall of noise for 90 minutes.

They've got to play 7 games in 28 days, they're fucked. They bottled the league last season and they'll do the same again this season. A bunch of mercenaries that don't give a fuck about the club, or the shirt, or the fans. Can't really blame them not giving a fuck about the fans, playing at home in a half empty stadium must be disheartening for them.

We're going to fucking destroy them.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #971 on: April 11, 2014, 11:10:11 pm »
Common name in North America.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda

Sure is.  I know a scouser married to one here in the states.  Good karma that!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: April 11, 2014, 11:14:17 pm »
Personally think if we lose it's gone re the title.  If we draw it's not necessarily gone but brings Chelsea well into the mix although it'll swing towards City again.  If we win well then it really should be ours given the games left and City and Chelsea's run in's etc.

Players and managers will all wax lyrical about how it's only another possible 3 points.  Bollax.  They know it's probably the key game of the run in.  Which is why I'm hoping City come to ensure they don't lose.  This will play into our hands, as they don't have the players to play that way.

Hopefully.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #973 on: April 11, 2014, 11:18:06 pm »
Look at this gem doing the rounds  ;D .

Come on Clatturnburg, another hattrick of penalties would be boss. More of the same on Sunday just for the slightly peeved of opposition fans alone :D

Offline Smug Cassandra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: April 11, 2014, 11:18:39 pm »
Very important game this. Hope we play a jolly hard game and run out winners.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #975 on: April 11, 2014, 11:20:59 pm »
. Would have Suarez over St Michael any day

Would have any cnut before that little shithouse.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: April 11, 2014, 11:24:52 pm »
Biggest game since Istanbul 2005. Simple as.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #977 on: April 11, 2014, 11:25:52 pm »
We win this and suddenly the the realisation hits home that we could win the league.  As much as I'd love to think it would be the title sewn up, the reality is the context of the next four games changes.

Suddenly from being a nailed on 10-12 points for the run in, games against Norwich and Palace away look more difficult purely due to the pressure.  Chelsea at home will not be a breeze either.

One game at a time.  3 points and then hope Swansea can nick something from Chelsea.

Offline brokenboner

• Main Stander
  • no
« Reply #978 on: April 11, 2014, 11:31:33 pm »
Just remembered I had a dream about this game Thursday night. All I can remember is it was 1-1 and Maxi Rodriguez of all people scored at around 83 minutes, the stream I was watching it on cut out, but I was singing the Maxi Rodriguez chant and looked at my brother who happened to look exactly like Maxi Rodriguez. Then there was like all weird anxiety and I finally found out the final score which was 2-2.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: April 11, 2014, 11:32:53 pm »

Come on Clatturnburg, another hattrick of penalties would be boss. More of the same on Sunday just for the slightly peeved of opposition fans alone :D

I notice that Gerrard has scored every one of those pens  ;)

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: April 11, 2014, 11:33:57 pm »
We win this and suddenly the the realisation hits home that we could win the league.  As much as I'd love to think it would be the title sewn up, the reality is the context of the next four games changes.

Suddenly from being a nailed on 10-12 points for the run in, games against Norwich and Palace away look more difficult purely due to the pressure.  Chelsea at home will not be a breeze either.

One game at a time.  3 points and then hope Swansea can nick something from Chelsea.

To be fair the pressure's built with every game since Fulham, so next few are no real change.  If we beat City you wouldn't bet against us winning the rest.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #981 on: April 11, 2014, 11:39:14 pm »
Everyone is getting a little tense about Sunday.
Just seen young Pellegrini on sly sports. Telling the world if they lose this, it is not the end of the world!
Superb crisis management? Or sublime confidence? I am daft. I always think we can beat anyone at Anfield! (Blame my childhood!). Rodgers seems to have caught the vibe. It is not a god given right but if we (fans as well as team) turn up, then watch out.
Caught a post about the Anfield Lion elsewhere on here. There is nowhere else you will hear a feral roar when a team goes at the opposition like the one at Anfield. It's not a "come on (insert name of team)" type of chant - it's sort of "fukingerrintothesebastards" snarl, from 40,000 souls.
And for all those youngsters who are a little nervous, don't worry about the opposition, let them worry about us
We are Liverpool... And we are coming up the hill!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: April 11, 2014, 11:41:07 pm »

:D

How do these people not consider:

a) the more you attack the opponent's penalty area, the more penalties you're likely to get
b) almost all our penalties are valid
c) for each one that wasn't, we could show three more that should have been given but weren't

Don't care how we beat this lot, just got to beat them! They should be the nervous ones, coming to Anfield.

Absolutely huge for us that it's at home!
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline LFConor

• Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #983 on: April 11, 2014, 11:45:33 pm »

That pictures clearly fake howard webb doesnt award penalties to liverpool
"If the supporters like me, it's not half as much as I like them"
Kenny Dalglish - 6/2/2011

6 European Cups and 19 Leagues thats what we call history

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: April 11, 2014, 11:53:46 pm »
Have I really just read 'Suarez has started to kick the ball into peoples hands to get penalties' :lmao :lmao

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: April 12, 2014, 12:10:23 am »
Personally think if we lose it's gone re the title.  If we draw it's not necessarily gone but brings Chelsea well into the mix although it'll swing towards City again.  If we win well then it really should be ours given the games left and City and Chelsea's run in's etc.

Players and managers will all wax lyrical about how it's only another possible 3 points.  Bollax.  They know it's probably the key game of the run in.  Which is why I'm hoping City come to ensure they don't lose.  This will play into our hands, as they don't have the players to play that way.

Hopefully.
They'll come looking to win it, but if its all square late in the game, they'll happily take a draw I reckon. Like they did against arsenal.
A point would be ok for them, plus it means we drop 2. It would still be in their hands, and out of ours.

Offline sparrowred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: April 12, 2014, 12:13:17 am »
Have I really just read 'Suarez has started to kick the ball into peoples hands to get penalties' :lmao :lmao
I think he has though. And it's fucking brilliant.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: April 12, 2014, 12:14:14 am »
They'll come looking to win it, but if its all square late in the game, they'll happily take a draw I reckon. Like they did against arsenal.
A point would be ok for them, plus it means we drop 2. It would still be in their hands, and out of ours.

May as well hit them with everything early.  With the crowd going mad too.  Nowt to lose.  Last 3 games v City we haven't got the results the performances justified.  No better time to put it right than Sunday.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: April 12, 2014, 12:14:37 am »
If there weren't already enough reasons - Brendan has called for us to step up and take it up a few notches.

Come on 12th man. Come on Redmen. Keep us believing!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #989 on: April 12, 2014, 12:22:40 am »
Watching this to pump myself up. I'm on to my fifth watch :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4uAcVVDfLw

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: April 12, 2014, 12:29:09 am »

I've been trying to embed a picture of the this is anfield sign for 10  minutes.   Ahhh well. Make us thick c*nts dream as well boys.

Offline 666

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: April 12, 2014, 12:47:14 am »
Forget Suarez, Gerrard, even Sturridge. I think the most important player for us will be Jordan Henderson. We all know how slow Yaya Toure is defensively, if we dominate play Henderson's late runs into the box will wreak havoc. And defensively, he is sound. He can go toe to toe with Yaya and challenge, unlike that pussy Fellaini.
"Ливерпуль игроки должны играть, как лев, дать его все. Там должно быть определение, приверженность и решимость быть игроком Ливерпуля".

"Так Роджер Хант пропустив кілька, але він потрапляє в потрібне місце, щоб пропустити їх." ~ Білл Шенклі з репортером

Offline 666

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: April 12, 2014, 12:49:06 am »
Yeh, next opposition fan that says that to me, I'll just say, that's why he's a genius.

It's true though. Is it really co incidence that a break away is there and Suarez awkwardly chips the ball up and attempts to rush his way through? He does it on purpose, and the beauty is it is instinct to a) block him b) handle it. The looks on their faces afterwards are priceless, they can't believe what they did. It's so stupid, but it's so mindblowingly efficient.

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #993 on: April 12, 2014, 12:53:53 am »
I've been trying to embed a picture of the this is anfield sign for 10  minutes.   Ahhh well. Make us thick c*nts dream as well boys.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: April 12, 2014, 12:56:24 am »
I am properly buzzing already. I hope the supporters who are fortunate to be there make Anfield as intimidating as it's been for any opposition, and for them not to waver if things aren't going our way. I'll be doing my part in a small pub home to the Liverpool supporters in Melbourne at 12.37am on the Monday morning.

Rodgers has sent the message. It's up to all of us to unleash hell now.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #995 on: April 12, 2014, 01:08:28 am »
"Welcome to Anfield, the place where heroes are made. Hope you have an enjoyable time, and go back with fantastic memories of the crowd, the stadium and of course the great Liverpool team. Be sure to treasure those memories since you'll be taking fuck all else back with you"
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #996 on: April 12, 2014, 01:09:22 am »

I'll be doing my part in a small pub home to the Liverpool supporters in Melbourne at 12.37am on the Monday morning.

You mean 10.37pm ? Would hate for you to miss it  ;)

"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: April 12, 2014, 01:11:11 am »

You mean 10.37pm ? Would hate for you to miss it  ;)

Haha that would be right, although I'm sure the celebrations will be going on well past 12.37  ;)

Offline Smug Cassandra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: April 12, 2014, 01:13:43 am »
If you are going to the game take a flag, or at worst a scarf. I got no idea why for big games some people don't even play a part. don't go if you won't.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: April 12, 2014, 01:28:28 am »
Oddly, as the week has progressed and the match has got closer and closer... nervousness has given way to excitement. We should have had them at the Etihad, we're in great form and every single member of the club - from the secretary (as mentioned by Rodgers!) to the fans - will be giving it their all.
I've got a bet on us to win with both teams to score, and I'm on a bit of a hot-streak lately so...

COME ON YOU FUCKING REDS!