Author Topic: Raheem Shaquille Sterling  (Read 679900 times)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #600 on: December 3, 2013, 01:59:32 am »
Ibe's decision making is far, far worse. People are kidding themselves and just moving onto the newest thing if they think Ibe is ahead of him. That lad tries taking on an entire defence when he picks up he ball on the half way line in the U21s, and because he does it one time in a match people think he's having a great impact on the game.

Hopefully Swansea will still fancy him on loan. No reason they shouldn't, he's better than all their wingers when he's playing regularly.

Agree on Ibe's decision making being much poorer. He's much further away from being the finished product than Raheem is at the moment.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #601 on: December 3, 2013, 02:18:42 am »
Sterling needs to get in the box more when the ball is on the opposing flank.

But I'm not sure what kind of effect people expected him to have playing wide right? I've said many a time he has never looked good there, he doesn't want to be beating his man and whipping a cross in, it's not his game

Everyone was praising him for how good he looked in pre-season, it's just not happening for him at the moment, he needs to be playing inside left, but we don't play like that and when we do Cou is there. Cou and Raheem are actually kinda similar in the way they play, and no-one in their right mind would play Cou wide right, but just because Raheem is fast and black people have this notion of how he should play.

Also everyone saying that he can't make it here is completely clueless, the lad is 18, he needs to be playing in his position every week, not playing out of position once a month. He's potentially a world class player, but he needs an opportunity to reach that potential.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #602 on: December 3, 2013, 04:55:33 pm »
Our very first meaningful attack of the game in the 2nd-3rd minute Luis played it out to Moses on the left side edge of the 18 yard box, he attacked on the outside........made half a yard and rolled it across the 6 yard box........the centre half just got there ahead of Hendersons run and bundled it out for a corner.....so that has been overlooked

This point has not been raised primarily to defend Moses, this is the thread about Raheem Sterling of course, but this one attack sums up Sterling's game in my eyes, the overhead camera on the replay shows at the point Moses drops a shoulder to attack the outside, Henderson and Sterling are in close proximity a few yards from each other infield, Henderson makes a 20 yard sprint into the box and nearly gets on the end of the cutback, at worst winning a corner in the process, Sterling doesn't move 1 yard from the point that Henderson starts his run.........his continual unwillingness or lack of desire to back the play up and make the box when the ball is on the other side of the pitch.......Maxi for a period got a number of goals just drifting into those areas when the attack was building on the other side, since his integration into the first team we just haven't seen an appetite in Sterling's game to back up the play and get himself into scoring positions, this is an absolute must for the team when Rodgers employs the attacking 3

I stand corrected. Now that you mentioned it, I do remember that that was Moses; thanks for setting me straight.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: December 3, 2013, 07:54:00 pm »
He's not ready for the first 11. And we cannot afford to give him game-time while trying to break into top 4. Simple as that.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #604 on: December 3, 2013, 07:57:49 pm »
Needs some team outside the squad, that way RAWK'll come to the conclusion that he needs to be in it.

Worldbeater in the reserves at 17, shite deadweight by the time he's 18.

Great isn't it
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: December 3, 2013, 08:03:52 pm »
Needs some team outside the squad, that way RAWK'll come to the conclusion that he needs to be in it.

Worldbeater in the reserves at 17, shite deadweight by the time he's 18.

Great isn't it
The answer as ever is probably somewhere in between.

When people talk of the benefit of not playing in the UEFA Cup they forget the opportunity to develop for the likes of Sterling/Alberto/Ilori, regain fitness for Kelly or Aspas and just get game time for the first team players like Cissoko/Allen and so on.

Of course it has a flip side in that it allows me to drink on a Saturday around a 3pm ko but for squad development I think it's a must.

Sterling needs games. Probably out on loan for me but we can't send everyone out or we'll have Marshie with his boots back on of we get a few injuries.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: December 4, 2013, 09:37:52 pm »
He's shite. Gota be doing that every game.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: December 4, 2013, 09:43:25 pm »
Really pleased for him. Very good performance topped off with a fine goal.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: December 4, 2013, 09:45:58 pm »
Hopefully some get off his case now, he's an 18 year old, thats fuck all and he's doing just fine. Gareth Bale was a nationwide laughing stock at 20!

Offline Anonymous5

• Kopite
« Reply #609 on: December 4, 2013, 09:46:10 pm »
Well done lad, keep it up

« Reply #610 on: December 4, 2013, 09:47:50 pm »
Pleased for him, good performance and a goal.

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #611 on: December 4, 2013, 09:47:55 pm »
Really pleased for him. Very good performance topped off with a fine goal.
you are kidding. He had another poor game. Only the goal has covered up his poor performance.
His decision making is so poor and his passes are atrocious at times.
I just hope he gets bit more confident and digs deep after the goal.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: December 4, 2013, 09:49:01 pm »
I thought he grew into the game more and more - he needs to stop delaying when he gets the ball, he seems to take a second to decide what to do, he needs to go back to his fearless old self and have a go, he has the beating of 75% of the players he comes up against.

That goal was a beauty so well taken - lets hope he kicks on now.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: December 4, 2013, 09:49:47 pm »
Is that goal going to mask another quite poor performance? He looks a bit lost half the time. Needs to get his swagger and confidence.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: December 4, 2013, 09:50:24 pm »
He grew into the game. He wasn't the best, but he did take his goal well.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #615 on: December 4, 2013, 09:50:29 pm »
Very good performance from possibly the best teenager in the Premier League. Good going forward, good in defence and a skilfully taken goal.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: December 4, 2013, 09:50:44 pm »
Think this shows he needs a loan move, he was good in patches and took his goal well, if he was playing more games he'd improve much more rapidly.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: December 4, 2013, 09:51:04 pm »
Is that goal going to mask another quite poor performance? He looks a lost half the time.

Do goals not count towards his performance then?

18 year old in not being perfect shocker!

Offline Pidalow

• Legacy Fan
  • Success is not forever and failure isn’t fatal.
« Reply #618 on: December 4, 2013, 09:52:04 pm »
Besides the goal i thought he was much better today.

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: December 4, 2013, 09:52:09 pm »
Meh,

very good finish, decent enough game tho.

the lad has great technique and can finish. but just holds onto it too long and makes the wrong choices but still so young! only way is up for the lad.

Offline Teamboca

• Gutted. Like a fish, a FISH, I tells ya!
  • Anny Roader
  • Will get to anfield at some point in my life
« Reply #620 on: December 4, 2013, 09:52:28 pm »
Think this shows he needs a loan move, he was good in patches and took his goal well, if he was playing more games he'd improve much more rapidly.

Hard to disagree with this, very patchy and will only get better with game time, the problem is without injuries the game time won't be coming from us.

Well taken goal.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: December 4, 2013, 09:52:29 pm »
you are kidding. He had another poor game. Only the goal has covered up his poor performance.
His decision making is so poor and his passes are atrocious at times.
I just hope he gets bit more confident and digs deep after the goal.

I'm not joking, he played well, particularly as the game went on. Set up Gerrard whose header was cleared off the line and linked up well with Suarez and Gerrard, especially in the second half. Very good today.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: December 4, 2013, 09:54:32 pm »
Hopefully some get off his case now, he's an 18 year old, thats fuck all and he's doing just fine. Gareth Bale was a nationwide laughing stock at 20!

I doubt it, the idiots have written off our biggest talent since Gerrard, at 18.

Cracking goal tonight, made good runs, kept the ball moving, created a few chances, ggod game from him

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: December 4, 2013, 09:57:11 pm »
Inexperience shows (obviously), but the fact that he's getting into good positions is encouraging. He grew into the game nicely and it was a great finish for the goal.

It's a shame he's so overrated and will definitely not have a future here.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: December 4, 2013, 09:57:19 pm »
Good finish, but I thought he was very quiet otherwise. He is struggling sometimes even to get the basics right, but hopefully it's just a blip and the goal will spark some confidence in him, as he looks a little low on it. Definitely needs a loan, as not yet the required standard to be starting for us and he needs games to really push on.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #625 on: December 4, 2013, 09:57:37 pm »
Only scored 1 goal tonight, scrap him for parts says I.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #626 on: December 4, 2013, 09:57:44 pm »

Fuck sake.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: December 4, 2013, 09:59:10 pm »

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #628 on: December 4, 2013, 09:59:18 pm »
much better performance in the second half, well taken goal even if the pressure was off
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #629 on: December 4, 2013, 09:59:19 pm »
Default: I want to criticise him.

*Scores goal*

*recalibration*

*response*

"APART FROM THE GOAL..."
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline RedSoc

• Main Stander
« Reply #630 on: December 4, 2013, 10:00:03 pm »

LOL...

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #631 on: December 4, 2013, 10:01:03 pm »
I'm not joking, he played well, particularly as the game went on. Set up Gerrard whose header was cleared off the line and linked up well with Suarez and Gerrard, especially in the second half. Very good today.
well, I agree he did improve in second half but cannot agree he was very good.
I know he is young not expecting Messi, but just think he needs more game time in reserves so he learns to make right decisions and not hold onto the ball for too long. He feels like young Walcott with less pace at the moment.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: December 4, 2013, 10:02:52 pm »
well, I agree he did improve in second half but cannot agree he was very good.
I know he is young not expecting Messi, but just think he needs more game time in reserves so he learns to make right decisions and not hold onto the ball for too long. He feels like young Walcott with less pace at the moment.

I feel his decision making is fine, certainly for someone his age. It was more than adequate today IMO, again, particularly in the second half.

Online LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #633 on: December 4, 2013, 10:03:19 pm »
Definitely a lot better in the 2nd half

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: December 4, 2013, 10:03:42 pm »
Hopefully pushes on with the goal giving him a boost.

Offline Jimmy Jazz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #635 on: December 4, 2013, 10:06:15 pm »
bbbbbbbuuuuttt...off the field problems, new shaun wright phillips....

Pleased for him, still can't get over some of the stick he's got on here after games where the team have done badly. People need to remember how long he's been playing first team football for and adjust some of their criticisms.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: December 4, 2013, 10:09:40 pm »
Thought he did well, you have to really give him credit as no doubt there were loads slagging him off for him to put in shift and grow into game bagging goal.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #637 on: December 4, 2013, 10:10:01 pm »
kept things simple and looked a lot better for it today, nothing spectacular but a run of games and goal will do the lad a world of good. Made up for him, had a rough time and gets so much shit considering hes only young.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #638 on: December 4, 2013, 10:11:24 pm »
Grew into the game, needs to play alongside Coutinho as much as possible I think - he'll learn a lot from him.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: December 4, 2013, 10:13:01 pm »
Well done Raheem, great finish and a decent performance