Author Topic: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU  (Read 334156 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: Superman/Batman film coming 2015
« Reply #600 on: June 16, 2014, 09:49:52 am »
Can we please get the Aquama.n / Aquilani autocorrect sorted? ;D

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: June 16, 2014, 10:09:20 am »
I think if they go about them in different ways like Marvel have, they'll do alright. So, its not all the same style, Cap 1 was a War film, Iron Man 3 was very comedy based, Guardians looks like a mental space opera, Cap 2 was an espionage thriller, Ant-Man is supposedly a heist film etc. They do so well because although they're Superhero films, they are all different styles, so they aren't just Superman films with a different lead.

But, it's DC, so they'll probably get Snyder to direct them all, and they'll all be exactly the same. Grim, gritty "overpowered god against another overpowered god, destruction!" films.

Don't fuck up Shazam. If he gets a dark, humourless film I'm done with DC.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #602 on: June 16, 2014, 12:39:58 pm »
Aquaman autocorrect has like Aquilani disappeared into the distance.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #603 on: June 16, 2014, 03:38:50 pm »

Don't fuck up Shazam. If he gets a dark, humourless film I'm done with DC.

Yep. That would be ludicrous. He's been basically played as light relief in the comics ever since COIE.

Aquaman autocorrect has like Aquilani disappeared into the distance.

End of an era.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #604 on: June 16, 2014, 09:40:12 pm »
That movie schedule is ridiculous. No way is it real.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: June 17, 2014, 10:31:02 am »
That movie schedule is ridiculous. No way is it real.

Yeah, given that they are making a film every 2/3 years, there's no way they will be able to shift it up to 3 per year.

It's most likely those are the films they want to do, but it'll be over the next 8 years or more.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #606 on: June 17, 2014, 08:38:35 pm »
Former Deadline writer Nikki Finke finally launched her own website last week and did so with a bang when she posted an exclusive reveal of Warner Bros. and DC Comics' plan for a cinematic universe. It seemed like almost too much to believe, but now the reliable Kevin Smith has confirmed her report.

As a refresher, Finke reported Warner Bros. would announce the following movie slate at Comic-Con in July: "Shazam (July 2016), Sandman (Christmas 2016), Justice League (May 2017), Wonder Woman (July 2017), Flash/Green Lantern team-up (Christmas 2017), and Man of Steel 2 (May 2018)."

Smith said this week on his Hollywood Babble-On podcast (skip to the 1:29:00 mark for the relevant portion) that he has known about the lineup for a while but could not say anything about it. He has proven a reliable source of information in the past, as he has made comments about the Batsuit and Batmobile for Ben Affleck's Batman in the upcoming sequel Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Finke also discussed what she claims is the true reason WB pushed back Dawn of Justice from its original 2015 release date:

"There will be cameos of superheroes for future installments. The cameos will include the already known Cyborg and Flash. Green Lantern may be introduced. And Aquaman will be seen in the Justice League movie. Problem is, Warner Bros. Pictures was still negotiating with the actors for those cameos and future roles, meaning major contracts for multiple JL/character films to follow. The studio didn't want to move forward until they had more of this secure so they held off starting production for a few months."

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/32167/20140617/kevin-smith-confirms-nikki-finkes-scoop-warner-bros-dc-movie.htm
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #607 on: June 17, 2014, 08:41:52 pm »
Sandman (Christmas 2016)

Please tell me that's not the Niel Gaiman version.

Edit: Fuck just checked and it is :(

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: June 17, 2014, 08:46:24 pm »
That's bad? I thought it was good.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: June 17, 2014, 08:47:14 pm »
That's bad? I thought it was good.

The graphic novel is awesome, it's one of my favorite series , I don't really want to see it in a movie though.

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: June 17, 2014, 08:49:03 pm »
Ah, okay. Just in case you didn't know, it's a Joseph Gordon Levitt pet project, so he is starring.

(at least heavily rumoured, no PR yet)

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: June 17, 2014, 08:51:04 pm »
Yeah read that online, I like him , but really don't see the Graphic Novel translating very well to a movie. For me it's one of those things that so much will get lost in making the movie that it really shouldn't be done. It's like making a Terry Pratchett book into a movie, so much goes missing.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #612 on: June 17, 2014, 08:53:38 pm »
Ah, okay. Just in case you didn't know, it's a Joseph Gordon Levitt pet project, so he is starring.

(at least heavily rumoured, no PR yet)
Also has Gaiman himself and David Goyer, so will hopefully be ok.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: June 17, 2014, 10:30:06 pm »
It's like making a Terry Pratchett book into a movie, so much goes missing.

Damn Sky1....damn them to hell!

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #614 on: June 18, 2014, 11:36:26 am »
I'll be really disappointed if DC start desperately trying to compete with Marvel in terms of box office 'presence' (omnipresence more like), as that schedule would indicate, instead of concentrating on doing something different and novel each time, and focussing all their efforts into ensuring high quality in the writing and direction, rather than just pumping them out to rake in the $$$.

I actually don't like much of Marvel's output; it's just too samey, all following pretty much the same formula (albeit a winning one, financially, I guess, but not for me). I do like the Marvel offerings that actually try something unusual, or are just made with a great professional love and care like the newest X-Men (like all of Singer's X-efforts over the years, really). Iron Man just got so old so quick, and Thor and Spider-Man just don't interest me now like they should (I was mad on them as a kid, the action figures and everything), I think because they at times seem a bit thrown together in quite a half-arsed, cretinous-teen-crowd-pleasing, oh-this'll-do constantly winking/wisecracking fashion. I find them actually annoying to watch in parts.

DC should respond to Marvel's apparent cinematic dominance by raising the bar, getting in some real top writing and directing talent to change the game like the Nolans' Batman did (and stop clinging to that sombre gritty format now; it worked for that, not for everything else), taking risks, artistically speaking. I'd love to see a comicbook/superhero flick which in genuinely like none we've ever seen before, thanks to a maverick director being let loose on it, a Lynch or a PT Anderson or Glazer or whoever. I wouldn't at all mind it ending up Marmite (even a smash hit like The Dark Knight is, to a degree) as long as it's at least a bit fucking interesting.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: June 18, 2014, 12:49:29 pm »
Just to echo the thoughts above, i was worried when i saw Disney's schedule for releasing Star Wars films and i feel the same with DC. You just can't know that you will have a good movie this far in advance unless they are all being written now (which i doubt).

I worry that DoJ will be a bloated mess in any event. It is somewhat brave (mostly stupid) that DC feel that DoJ will already be good enough to propel this new universe.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: June 19, 2014, 04:04:56 pm »
Yeah read that online, I like him , but really don't see the Graphic Novel translating very well to a movie. For me it's one of those things that so much will get lost in making the movie that it really shouldn't be done. It's like making a Terry Pratchett book into a movie, so much goes missing.

I've not read it myself, but pretty much everyone I've spoken to have said they don't want them to make a film of it.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: June 20, 2014, 12:02:49 am »
I've not read it myself, but pretty much everyone I've spoken to have said they don't want them to make a film of it.

Sandman would definitely be more suited to a six-season tv series, there's just far too much going on to put into a two hour movie. The overall story arc of the series is arguably one of the least interesting stories in the book, it's a prolonged framing device that allows Gaiman to wander wherever he likes and tell whatever stories he sees fit, all of which fits together into a coherent package because the guy is a fucking genius.

When they adapted "Watchmen" the problem was - how do you turn a comic about the history of comics and popular culture into a movie about super-heroes? The result wasn't awful, it's actually quite watchable, but it's sort of pointless, and it misses the entire thinking behind the graphic novel.

With Sandman, the problem is more - what parts of this massively unweidly narrative kaleidoscope do we par this down to, and how much of whatever's left will reflect anything of the wonder and brilliance of the original?

Thing is, this works so well in its original format, I really don't see what a movie adaptation could possibly add to the mix. It's not a case of bringing a popular character to a new audience, the character of Morpheus is firmly in the background for most of the best parts of Sandman, and when he does turn up, he's a miserable git who tends to fuck things up.

The comic didn't become a classic because it had a compelling hero, but because the title character was able to pretty much vacate the stage and leave the developing stories to an ever evolving cast of some of the best written supporting characters in comics history. In fact calling them supporting characters is way off, most of the time, they drive the stories on. The main ongoing story for Morpheus himself is little more than a dangling sub-plot for most of the run, which is pushed off to the side for issue after issue, to the extent that when it eventually surfaces where the whole thing was going, you almost need to remind yourself exactly how you got there.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #618 on: June 20, 2014, 08:42:00 am »
When they adapted "Watchmen" the problem was - how do you turn a comic about the history of comics and popular culture into a movie about super-heroes? The result wasn't awful, it's actually quite watchable, but it's sort of pointless, and it misses the entire thinking behind the graphic novel.
That's pretty much exactly how I feel about Snyder's Watchmen. I remember us all being really annoyed with it after seeing it with friends at the flix (all huge fans of the graphic novel) when it first came out, scoffingly dismissive, downright angry at parts of it, despite all of us conceding that it wasn't at all a terrible superhero flick (as they go), and even having some fantastic moments worthy of the source material (the ones that still spring immediately to mind are the title sequence and Dr. Manhattan's rematerialising).

The Ultimate Cut is the best, and it's quite an enjoyable watch on its own merits (give or take a few absolutely shit scenes), but it still really doesn't work in the way the graphic novel format does, and propbably wouldn't have however they'd adapted it. In the end, all that most film adaptions of these complex works of comicbook art seem to want to do, essentially, is bring these iconic characters to the big screen and have some cool visuals with dramatic backing music, and the rest is considered trimmings it seems. Fair enough I guess, but I need them to be novel and ambitious in ways other than flash & bang (i.e. character depth, dialogue, narrative structure) to really grab and shake me.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: June 20, 2014, 11:09:31 am »
Well Nessy, you've convinced me to put Sandman on my already enormous "to read" pile.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: June 20, 2014, 12:06:30 pm »
Nessy pretty much sums it up really!

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: June 20, 2014, 12:11:50 pm »
Well Nessy, you've convinced me to put Sandman on my already enormous "to read" pile.

My work here is done.  8)

Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: July 3, 2014, 01:32:38 pm »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: July 3, 2014, 02:00:22 pm »
Assuming he's in Gotham

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #624 on: July 3, 2014, 02:28:44 pm »
He looks boss and I really liked Cavill as Clarke/Superman but with Snyder directing again I just can't get too excited for this.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2014, 10:59:49 pm by Phineus »

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: July 3, 2014, 09:26:34 pm »

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #626 on: July 3, 2014, 09:37:48 pm »
Here be spoilers.......

Spoiler

EXCLUSIVE: Meet Three Other Bad Guys That Appear In 'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice'

Bad Guys. My kind of guys.

Before we meet our new terrible trio let's first debunk once and for all who we WON'T see in the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

Metallo. Not happening. Not true.

The Joker. Also not happening. If anything the Joker will be in the movie in spirit only because there is in important beat in the upcoming film that pertains to Batman's past and his character arc. Sorry TMZ, it ain't Callan Mulvey. You know who Callan might be playing? Let's meet the first of our three new bad guys. According to sources, here are three secondary villains making an appearance in the movie.

VICTOR ZSAZS

A serial killer Batman fights early on in Gotham City. He usually kills with just a knife and carves a tally mark somewhere on himself for every victim. A real nasty piece of work.

MORGAN EDGE

If I was a betting man, I would put money on Scoot McNairy playing this guy. In the movie, Edge is a total slimeball and a public relations exec for Lexcorp. Basically, he's Lex Luthor's mouth piece. We meet Edge early on when he goes toe to toe with Lois Lane in a television talk show. In the movie's backstory, Edge and Luthor were members of the most notorious gangs ever to come out of Hob's Bay. This is the kind of role that is in McNary's wheelhouse. I just don't see McNairy playing Dick Grayson/Nightwing because Grayson is in his mid 20s in the movie and McNairy is 36.

DAVID CAIN

One of the world's deadliest assassins, 50s, who meets with Luthor's bodyguard Mercy Graves to set up an assassination.

BONUS!

A very powerful antagonist who has yet to be mentioned or officially cast.

AMANDA WALLER

Yep. She's in the movie and plays a very stern and focused senator with an intimidating presence. She doesn't trust Superman. At all. Sees him as a threat and comes up with a counter measure that I won't spoil.

So there you have it. Three bad guys and as a bonus, one very bad gal.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-meet-three-other-bad-guys-that-appear-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice
[close]
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Last Edit: July 6, 2014, 10:20:24 pm by MagicB8all »
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #628 on: July 4, 2014, 06:00:37 pm »
Just found this on tumblr, a piece on the MoS version of Superman. I agree with a lot of it, especially paragraphs 6 and 7.

"We’re in the third year of the New 52 and the second Man of Steel movie is coming down the pike, so this contemporary incarnation of Superman probably isn’t going away any time soon. It’s even beginning to show up in the merchandise and marketing, fighting for shelf-space with the classic Superman look. It’s still Red Pants on fruit snacks and party supplies, but Tin-Plated Tights is making headway with the toys and vidya games. If this were comics, they’d call this a “Clash of Titans” …

I didn’t expect it to bother me, to be honest, my interest in modern mainstream comics is nil and I’m not skint on older material which I can happily revisit if needed. A few months back, though, Target had a Justice League banner on display featuring the new52 incarnations of the characters and Superman in his molybdenum onesie, the first time I saw the new costume “in the wild”. It made my heart ache.

There’s an inarticulate and histrionic type in fandom who scream “my childhood has been raped!” every time their pre-adolescent idols are changed in the slightest (even if only cosmetically) but while they grate on my nerves with their constant sense of outrage and surprise, I also sympathize with them. They’re confronting an unfortunate mortal reality, possibly for the first time, that one day they will have to leave the room and their exit may go unnoticed.

It’s a reality of growing older – the next generation will have their own popular music, their own movies and books, ethics and culture. They’ll pave over our favorite stuff, cherry-picking a few things from the previous generation but mostly starting from scratch. All the perfect versions of important ideas which we carry around in our heads will be overwritten by the next generation’s perfect visions of important ideas, just like we did to the generation before us, and somewhere in there you confront the idea “Will anyone even miss me when I’m dead?”

Of course, this generation AND ours are being served by corporations, the only entity we “allow” to create the official canon of what we arguably ought to consider folk tales. This makes the changes all the more distinct and oftentimes shocking, because it’s in a corporation’s best interests to revamp whole franchises in a single go, to sidestep and disallow the evolution of an idea. There’s not a lot of looking back and saying “and in this way, Transformers became the story it is today,” but rather you can pinpoint a date on a calendar and say “And this is when the reboot was launched.”

For Superman, the point of the reboot was apparently to make him “cool” (as determined by a passel of middle-aged, middle-class mostly white men, no small percentage of whom keep showing up to publicity events wearing baseball caps, for God’s sake). They had to jettison all the uncool stuff – the red pants, the glasses, the spitcurl. Make him lean, get some alien armor on him, make everything darker, give him a wolf, wolves are cool, I’ve seen ‘em on tee-shirts.

The thing about Superman is I’m not sure he’s supposed to be cool. For all of his power, he stands for the everyman, he represents the underdog; Clark Kent is a working slob, a nine-to-fiver with a crush on the office hottie and still wearing the same sorts of clothes he wore when he was a teenager. He wears glasses, he grew up on a farm. If you want cool, go see Batman, that guy’s in charge of things, he represents authority. Batman’s old money, landed gentry, he’s combing pussy out of his bat-beard, he’s got a sweet ride, even his dog is badass. Batman can afford to be cool. Superman’s dog is a mutt who chases hot dog-shaped promotional blimps, cool isn’t in the cards.

The contemporary incarnation of Superman is familiar to me, even intimate. I remember him, he was the version my friends and I made up when we were in college, staying up til four in the morning to talk nonsense about dumb shit, drunk or high or self-impressed with our own intelligence. We were nineteen years old and embarrassed to like Superman, so we took it upon ourselves to make Superman cool. We got rid of the underpants, darkened his costume, diminished the Clark Kent role, lost the glasses. We made him bleak, decided he would shun human company. We spent hours justifying his super-powers, his flight was telekinetic and sometimes debris would fly alongside him. We tossed out his morality – if he had to kill, well, he had to kill. Lord, we even declared that his costume was Kryptonian armor.

I can prove it, I still have the drawings, only we stopped short of transforming Superdog into a Kryptonian War Hound. Well, sort of – we decided that Comet the Super Horse was now a Kryptonian War Horse. He grazed in the pastures of the Phantom Zone. That was one of mine.

I don’t regret any of those ideas, I’m not even embarrassed by them, but I do recognize that we were missing the point of the character – Superman’s not a shiny new Lamborghini, he’s a Mustang with a squeaky CV joint and leopard print seat covers. It makes him better to let him be imperfect, a little goony, ridiculous, uncool, unfashionable, awkward – like people are, basically, to make him more like us, so we can better imagine what it’s like to be more like him.

All of which is off the table for the foreseeable future, I suppose, if not forever. Superman’s getting Batmanned right now, and you can’t really blame his legal owners for trying to capitalize on the latter character’s success. I can’t think of the last time we went a year without a Batman cartoon on TV or a Batman movie in theaters, or with no line of Batman toys on the racks. Superman’s not been as lucky or persistent in the marketplace over the last three decades – personally, I like to imagine that’s because he’s more successful as an idea than a possession, but I have a feeling that’s one of those perfect concepts I have about the character which will disappear with me down into the dirt someday.
"

http://calamityjon.tumblr.com/post/90665118337

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: July 16, 2014, 04:20:18 pm »
With Fox trying to buy Warner Bros, it's possible that a future movie could be a cross-over of Batman/Superman with Wolverine.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: July 16, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »
With Fox trying to buy Warner Bros, it's possible that a future movie could be a cross-over of Batman/Superman with Wolverine.
I thought it was a merger but anyway that won't happen.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: July 16, 2014, 04:32:43 pm »
I thought it was a merger but anyway that won't happen.

The merger or the crossover?

Fox have made an offer to buy, Warners have rejected it. That might be the end of it, it might not.

If it does, then I think the execs at both studios are going to look over one another's properties. As both have stables of super-hero characters, it would make a lot of sense to put them together in an attempt to compete with Disney.

Superman, Batman and Wolverine are already far bigger characters than Iron Man, Hulk or Thor were a decade ago. There's no way someone wouldn't try to make that happen.

Only if the takeover goes through, of course, which it isn't at the moment, but it does raise the possibility.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #632 on: July 16, 2014, 04:33:05 pm »
Presume Shazam's superpower is he can tell you whatever tune is playing in the background?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: July 16, 2014, 04:34:13 pm »
Presume Shazam's superpower is he can tell you whatever tune is playing in the background?

:lmao

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: July 16, 2014, 04:35:39 pm »
The merger or the crossover?

Fox have made an offer to buy, Warners have rejected it. That might be the end of it, it might not.

If it does, then I think the execs at both studios are going to look over one another's properties. As both have stables of super-hero characters, it would make a lot of sense to put them together in an attempt to compete with Disney.

Superman, Batman and Wolverine are already far bigger characters than Iron Man, Hulk or Thor were a decade ago. There's no way someone wouldn't try to make that happen.

Only if the takeover goes through, of course, which it isn't at the moment, but it does raise the possibility.

Crossover will never happen.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: July 16, 2014, 04:37:22 pm »
Crossover will never happen.

Why?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: July 16, 2014, 04:43:19 pm »
Why?

Don't Disney/Marvel have he first option if the rights to the X Men universe are up for sale? That's why.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: July 16, 2014, 05:01:21 pm »
Don't Disney/Marvel have he first option if the rights to the X Men universe are up for sale? That's why.

What's the attitude about?

The rights aren't for sale. If the studio is sold, all its property goes with it.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: July 16, 2014, 05:07:57 pm »
No attitude I could caress mate I just don't see this happening.

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: July 16, 2014, 10:03:02 pm »
If Fow were to buy WB, the X-Men would be for sale anyway, as they are owned by Fox.