Author Topic: HBO's The Watchmen  (Read 5100 times)

Offline Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019
Re: HBO's The Watchmen
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2020, 08:27:06 AM »
One and done, Lindelof isn't interested so HBO are letting it go.

Gutted.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2020, 09:37:20 AM »
One and done, Lindelof isn't interested so HBO are letting it go.

Probably the right move. Lindelöf told an incredible story that brought together so many parts of the Watchmen legend while building it out in new and unexpected ways. And the ending wasn't a cliffhanger. He's been quite clear that there wasn't really meant to be any doubt around whether or not Angela had taken on the powers of Dr Manhattan. But I don't think a series exploring Angela as a god is something we need to see, it's better left to the imagination.

One frustrating thing for me, looking back, is how they had Laurie and Dr Manhattan in the same room and they didn't do anything with that. I know the focus was on Angela's relationship with Manhattan, but I'd have loved at least one conversation between Laurie and Jon considering their history.

Offline Agent99

• Believer
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2020, 12:33:33 PM »
It's a shame but it was a self contained story. I'm more disappointed with the Mindhunter news as that had a multiple series arc.

Offline mallin9

• Believer
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2020, 01:29:26 AM »
Finished re-watching and mein gott this was a spectacular series.  They put so so so many balls in the area and land them while actually exploring the source material rather than making a carbon copy.  Glorious
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2020, 03:28:09 PM »
Finally finished watching this last night. Incredible, serious, sustained look at what it means to be a hero, to wear a mask, to be white or black in America.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke