Author Topic: BT / TNT Sport  (Read 187456 times)

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
Re: BT Sport - home of the Champions League
« Reply #1040 on: August 1, 2015, 11:07:56 am »
New BT Sport Europe started broadcasting this morning, playing a load of the old CL finals and assorted oddities. Istanbul is on at the moment.

Pity they've got a SSN-style news panel on the side and lower part of the screen. Extremely distracting. If they are gonna have that one during the actual matches then they are going to get a bollock load of complaints.

Offline TTB

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1041 on: August 1, 2015, 11:19:36 am »
I have sky.

How much is it to get BT for the next season?

I don't have BT broadband.
£19.99 a month

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: August 1, 2015, 11:31:41 am »
£19.99 a month

Thanks.

No chance I'm paying that.

Streams and pub it is then.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: August 1, 2015, 11:47:49 am »
New BT Sport Europe started broadcasting this morning, playing a load of the old CL finals and assorted oddities. Istanbul is on at the moment.

Pity they've got a SSN-style news panel on the side and lower part of the screen. Extremely distracting. If they are gonna have that one during the actual matches then they are going to get a bollock load of complaints.
It's been said by a few BT staff on Twitter that live matches won't have all of the extra stuff at the side of the screen, thankfully.

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #1044 on: August 1, 2015, 02:11:00 pm »

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: August 1, 2015, 02:14:22 pm »
Is this going to be this coming season, or not until 2016/17 season?
Supposedly from this season, and if it's the same as the other European rights deals, it'll be for 3 seasons.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: August 1, 2015, 02:22:46 pm »
Sky will have nothing left at this rate. Great news for me though being a Virgin Media customer.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: August 1, 2015, 02:51:40 pm »
Be nice if BT give Balague a miss.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: August 1, 2015, 03:13:25 pm »
So basically SSN are going to be hyping the fuck out of the Dutch league this season then.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1049 on: August 1, 2015, 04:09:17 pm »
So basically SSN are going to be hyping the fuck out of the Dutch league this season then.
And the Celtic League.

That's pretty much all they have left for their European channel.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: August 1, 2015, 05:36:15 pm »
And the Celtic League.

That's pretty much all they have left for their European channel.
theyve got a Michael Owen special on it now ;D

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: August 1, 2015, 08:07:55 pm »

They've got the German Super cup on the channel live now and the game is in full screen and none of those side panels.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: August 2, 2015, 02:11:10 am »
Interesting to see the way BT are basically using Sky's own playbook against them with all these gains of sporting events and leagues.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: August 2, 2015, 09:59:02 am »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: August 2, 2015, 10:09:32 am »
Wow. Come on BT get F1 and then can get rid of Sky instantly
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1055 on: August 3, 2015, 03:21:33 am »
People will miss Sky after a couple of months imo

BT coverage is fucking dreadful in all aspects. ITV-like.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1056 on: August 3, 2015, 07:18:39 am »
£19.99 a month
Virgin putting my package up by just £3.00 per month and I can watch all prem games live on my laptop with Plus HD season sorted as for la liga be good but I prefer the Bundesliga to watch
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #1057 on: August 3, 2015, 11:50:36 am »
BT really are going for the jugular aren't they??

Sky decision to have SS5 'the home of European football' looks bloody stupid now only 12 months on. Has anyone else seen that Sky have since rebranded SS5 the 'home of the Skybet Football League'?

BT now have Italy, France, Germany and potentially Spain from next year on top of the Champions and Europa League!!

What do Sky really have other than more PL games?? F1, NFL? Can't think of much more,

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: August 3, 2015, 12:05:00 pm »

Don't understand why people are getting so excited about BT, and rushing to cancel Sky.

If you stream the games online, fair enough. But Sky's coverage is far superior to BT.

The vast majorty of Premier Leauge games are on Sky. BT have one per weekend, at arguably the least watched slot time. BT have the CL (which we aren't part of), and will have one game on FTA per round anyway. They will also have the Europa League which again is not weekly, and will also have FTA matches.

BT having France, Germany etc. is all well and good, but they don't interest me in the slightest. I did watch the odd Spanish match on Sky, but wouldn't go all out to watch every match religiously. So although it may be a bit of a loss, it's certainly not the end of the world.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: August 3, 2015, 12:32:25 pm »
What do Sky really have other than more PL games?? F1, NFL? Can't think of much more,

Cricket, Darts, Golf Majors and Tennis Majors (I think).
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: August 3, 2015, 12:34:34 pm »
BT are playing a very, very smart game.

Sky are not smart enough to complete.

When the PL bidding came out BT just let Sky bust their balls and pay way, way over the top for it. This resulted in Sky share prices decreasing and customers not happy as it will just main increased payments for them. All this meant was Sky had put all their eggs in one basket and can't really not compete for other stuff.

BT are now just cherry picking what they want. Even at the weekend BT showed the Garcia v Paulie fight while again Sky put their eggs in with Matchroom. BT are free to show the worlds best boxing.

BT are just waiting for the next PL rights to come up in which they will get at a lower price than what Sky are paying now, as Sky won't bust their balls like that again.

BT are competition to Sky like they've never had before.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1061 on: August 3, 2015, 12:37:16 pm »
Don't understand why people are getting so excited about BT, and rushing to cancel Sky.

If you stream the games online, fair enough. But Sky's coverage is far superior to BT.

The vast majorty of Premier Leauge games are on Sky. BT have one per weekend, at arguably the least watched slot time. BT have the CL (which we aren't part of), and will have one game on FTA per round anyway. They will also have the Europa League which again is not weekly, and will also have FTA matches.

BT having France, Germany etc. is all well and good, but they don't interest me in the slightest. I did watch the odd Spanish match on Sky, but wouldn't go all out to watch every match religiously. So although it may be a bit of a loss, it's certainly not the end of the world.

Exactly i don't have BT Broadband now as i got rid of them being the most expensive company for Broadband[this being well before BT Sport started up], for me £19.99 a month isn't worth it, the only games i'll miss are El Classico, bit meh over the rest of La Liga & European Football leagues
 I lived in an area which could only receive SKY, no cable installed, moved to an area which receives cable but still have SKY contract until December.

SKY still have rest of the Premier League games & most 1st choice picks & all of the Football League which sometimes i enjoy more than the Premier League, plus other Sports, Cricket, Rugby League which i like
#Sausages

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: August 3, 2015, 12:40:36 pm »
Virgin putting my package up by just £3.00 per month and I can watch all prem games live on my laptop with Plus HD season sorted as for la liga be good but I prefer the Bundesliga to watch

Yeah, I had that letter too. I'm in an 18 month deal presently (moved house, new customer deals etc) with about 6 to go, so I can't do anything until that's run it's course. I'll probably be ditching all the Sky stuff then, just downgrade to a package that has BT included and see how that goes. Hoping I can lose the recent increase (think it was £2.50?) that happened due to Sky price increases this way, though I doubt it.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1063 on: August 3, 2015, 12:40:47 pm »
Cricket, Darts, Golf Majors and Tennis Majors (I think).

Rugby League, Rugby Union apart from the English Premiership & 6 Nations, PGA Tour & European Tour Golf, WGC Golf.
#Sausages

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: August 3, 2015, 02:19:57 pm »

I certainly won't miss Sky and their £24pm (or whatever it is) compared to BT's £5pm and far superior fibre broadband product [ I am still trying to work out how BT get 68Mb out of the same line Sky GUARANTEED me would never get over the 36Mb they were giving me ]

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #1065 on: August 3, 2015, 02:22:16 pm »
How could I forget about the Cricket!?

Sky has all four sports I'm majorly interested in (Football, NFL and Cricket and F1)

Although in my post I sounded pro BT, I haven't got it nor will I get it,

As others as mentioned it sounds impressive on paper what BT has but I rarely would sit through a Bundesliga or Serie A game. In fact I don't watch the Champions League unless we're in it or its the QF onwards.

As sad is it may sound to European football hipsters I'd much rather watch Leeds v Forest in the Championship than Schalke vs Wolfsburg

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: August 3, 2015, 03:32:00 pm »

BT over a better overall package.

Saving a lot of money then I can cope with rubbish coverage.

Sky have been ripping people off for years.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: August 3, 2015, 04:48:10 pm »
The one good thing about BT is that they throw in the HD channel when you subscribe (at least on Virgin Media). I still have Sky but I think it's silly that they still charge extra for the HD channels, it's 2015.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: August 3, 2015, 09:06:35 pm »

I think people are just happy to be able to escape from giving Murdoch more money and as far as the coverage being better, it should be when they have had a 20 year headstart and BT's should improve rapidly, especially if they manage to move onto stage 2 of the Sky Sport playbook and start nicking presenters from their rival like Sky did back in the day.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: August 3, 2015, 10:08:20 pm »

If this is just referencing their Premier League coverage I'd agree, but their European coverage is generally excellent. James Richardson, Rafa Honigstein, Andy Brassell, James Horncastle and Julien Laurens do their European matches - much, much better than anything BT cover from England.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1070 on: August 4, 2015, 09:39:31 am »
If this is just referencing their Premier League coverage I'd agree, but their European coverage is generally excellent. James Richardson, Rafa Honigstein, Andy Brassell, James Horncastle and Julien Laurens do their European matches - much, much better than anything BT cover from England.
That's because James Richardson is some kind of hidden gem in the British broadcasting world. He's outstandingly good but, for some reason, his face doesn't fit for the mainstream. I guess he lacks stardust, but he's a really well informed, witty and accomplished broadcaster.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1071 on: August 4, 2015, 09:41:35 am »

As a BT customer I get the sport 'free'. That's better than Sky, for a start.

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: August 4, 2015, 09:59:20 am »
The one good thing about BT is that they throw in the HD channel when you subscribe (at least on Virgin Media). I still have Sky but I think it's silly that they still charge extra for the HD channels, it's 2015.

That used to drive me mad when I was a Sky customer back in my old house (had no option for anything else). The only reason I can see for them doing it is because people pay it - like you say, it really should be a standard now. In fact I'd much rather Virgin just binned the non-HD channels from the EPG entirely!

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #1073 on: August 4, 2015, 10:07:57 am »
Is there a way of transferring the BT sport channel only subscription to a different sky box?

I have moved out of a house where I paid for it and would like to move it to where I live now.
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: August 4, 2015, 10:12:06 am »
I would have thought something like that could easily be done by Sky/BT by just informing them you've moved house?

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: August 4, 2015, 10:57:02 am »
They've been airing some belting CL classics from recent times. Our 2nd leg victory against Arsenal, the 8-1 Beşiktaş game.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: August 4, 2015, 09:10:44 pm »
Haven't seen a CL thread recently. Ajax knocked out to Rapid Vienna!
« Last Edit: August 4, 2015, 09:19:53 pm by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: August 4, 2015, 09:16:03 pm »
Monaco battering Young Boys 7-1 on aggregate.
I hope they'll get the Mancs in the play-off round.They have a chance to do what they did to Arsenal last season.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2015, 09:18:42 pm by Michel »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1078 on: August 4, 2015, 09:17:24 pm »
Stephan El Shaarawy at Monaco, didn't realise. He just scored aswell.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: August 4, 2015, 11:10:28 pm »
Haven't seen a CL thread recently. Ajax knocked out to Rapid Vienna!

Watched the second half. Ajax look very, very ordinary. No tempo, no creativity, switching and crossing. And the defence for the one goal I saw Ajax concede was appalling.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.