Author Topic: Dutch - Eredivisie  (Read 58286 times)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Awkward Squad
Re: Dutch - Eredivisie
« Reply #680 on: October 24, 2020, 05:17:58 pm »
Thanks for the stream. I've just had naked women all over my screen, and I'm in company.  :lmao

Ah, yet those women are also in your local area and looking to meet you ;)

I think we best pass on this info to some of the Venlo players to cheer them up!
a 'Useful Links' post to help follow both Liverpool & football in general; info for TV, Streams, IPTV, goal videos, saves, incidents, Highlights & Full Match Replays - as well as news, line-ups, latest scores, & more...

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • D'yer wanna see my legacy?
« Reply #681 on: October 24, 2020, 05:18:49 pm »
Ah, yet those women are also in your local area and looking to meet you ;)
:-*
Liverpool FC - Local, Regional, National, International and Global.

We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #682 on: October 24, 2020, 05:18:55 pm »
Didn't even add on any injury time to add some insult goals.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: October 24, 2020, 05:25:07 pm »
was it 1 TD and 2 FG's?

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #684 on: October 24, 2020, 05:28:25 pm »
Ajax hadn't even scored in two of their last 3 games coming into that (Liverpool, Groningen)

Imagine how shit you must be to concede 13 goals
Proud Legacy Supporter of Liverpool Soccer Franchise™

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: October 24, 2020, 05:34:44 pm »
Ajax's stat's today:

45 shots
23 shots on target
27 shots from inside the box
18 shots from outside the box
12 big chances

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: October 24, 2020, 05:37:02 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: October 24, 2020, 05:38:45 pm »
5 & 3 - Lassina Traoré became the first @AFCAjax player to record five goals in an Eredivisie game since Marco van Basten in 1985 (6) and the first Ajax player to record 3 assists in a league match since Frenkie de Jong in 2017 (3).

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: October 24, 2020, 07:40:52 pm »
Imagine being a Venlo fan at the moment.

Offline BriarcliffInmate

• Kemlynite
  • I like football the way I like my politics: Red.
    • Radical Red Review
« Reply #689 on: October 25, 2020, 01:40:34 am »
I said to my brother in August that this football season is gonna throw up some insane things, and it looks like I'm right.

Never would you get 13-0 in a normal season. I think a lot of it is atmosphere. Look at Dortmund as an example - when it's full, that Yellow wall is daunting, it's like a mental block. Without it there, players can play to the best of their abilities with no 'atmosphere' putting them off.

It's fun to watch but I'm glad it's not gonna be the norm.
"This club has been my life. I’d go out and sweep the street and be proud to do it for Liverpool FC if they asked me to." - Bob Paisley

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #690 on: October 25, 2020, 07:13:09 am »
I watched Ajax beat Venlo 7-1 ten years ago in Amsterdam Arena. Suarez scored a hat trick. They’ve gone back for more...

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #691 on: October 25, 2020, 12:28:08 pm »
I watched Ajax beat Venlo 7-1 ten years ago in Amsterdam Arena. Suarez scored a hat trick. They’ve gone back for more...

Another bite, as it were?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #692 on: May 12, 2021, 12:19:18 pm »
This is class

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57086460

Ajax fans haven't been able to get involved in the action this season because of the pandemic, so the club have decided to share their league title with them. Literally.

The Dutch champions, who secured their 35th Eredivisie title on 2 May, have melted down their trophy and turned it into 42,000 silver stars to gift to fans who are season ticket holders at the Johan Cruyff Arena.

https://twitter.com/AFCAjax/status/1392376271632482305

A literal piece of silverware to take home. Pretty cool.

Ajax chief executive Edwin van der Sar said: "This season, we have largely had to play without our fans - well, without them sitting in the stands, at least.

"Despite this, we have felt their support every week on the way to the stadium, on social media and in our personal contacts.

"Previously, when we said 'this title is for you', we were expressing how we were doing it for the fans. However, sharing the trophy is the ultimate proof that we really are."

For those planning a stadium tour, don't worry - the Royal Dutch Football Association has given Ajax a second trophy to put in their cabinet in place of the one they've melted down.

Probably always a good idea to keep a spare anyway... we still remember that time Ajax keeper Maarten Stekelenburg dropped the Eredivisie trophy off a bus in 2011.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #693 on: May 12, 2021, 12:49:17 pm »
This is class

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57086460
My Grandad (he spent several months living in Amsterdam in the 70s as a study abroad module) has a good friend over there still who will be receiving a star - it's a great idea I think.

2 games left and Ajax are 14 points clear. I think with it being a true covid season, the technically gifted sides are the ones least diminished by the lack of crowds. As was said in an earlier post, no way Ajax roll in Venlo and stick 13 past them - in their own stadium - in normal circumstances.

Some takeaways from this season worth discussing:

Giorgos Giakoumakis will move this season and maybe get a stepping stone move to a bigger league, or will join one of the better sides in the division. 26 year old Greek Striker who's really come from nowhere - a scouting triumph for VVV who may still go down - 2 points from safety, 2 left to play and have conceded the most in the division even if you take the 13 goals away from that one game. A strange one, the only evidence he's ever shown he can score goals is a bang average record in the Greek second division 5 years ago. He then joins AEK, under-delivers, has an underwhelming loan spell then does just about okay on loan in the Polish league. VVV sign him for €600k and he bangs in 25 in 29 games for a struggling team. Celtic and Southampton are linked. I'd be wary - at 26, with no considerable track record, and performing to almost double his xG. One of the few feel good stories of VVV's season though- his finishing has been instinctual and frequently excellent and he's a handful in the air. Celtic maybe feels the right level for him.

Donyell Malen has bagged 18 in only 19 starts and has shown versatility across the front line. We're linked, I think he does well wherever he goes. A Depay-level talent in my mind.

Teun Koopmeiners won't be short of offers - 16 goals and 7 assists in 35 games from a deeper starting position as more of a box to box player. Solid defensive profile. Was being heavily linked to RB as a Sabitzer replacement, rumours now swirling that Nagelsmann has carried that interest to Bayern with him. Leeds also linked. Interesting one. One of the main reasons AZ have stayed within touching distance of PSV this season and could still qualify for the second CL spot.

Ajax have blown everyone away and by the end of the season will likely have scored 100+ and only conceded between 20-25 goals the entire league campaign. It could be argued that presently the league is as weak as it has been for some time, as much as I enjoy the current Ajax side.

I hope Ryan Gravenberch stays another year in Amsterdam, his development will be much assisted by him not making too big a move too early. Raiola client though so who knows. Best product from the academy since Frenkie De Jong and Sneijder I'd say. Has the potential and capability to be one of the best midfielders in the world and could develop as an 8 or a 6.   

David Neres will probably be sold by Ajax this summer, he's failed to live up to the promise pre-injury. 7 G+A combined in 23 starts for him as Antony and Labyad have been preferred.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez