Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3601416 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #26160 on: May 24, 2024, 06:07:12 pm »
Image" border="0

Yeah, I also got it from one of those web sites. I think it was the season when we've had that nice black kit with pinstripes ...

Offline jsl2000

• Main Stander
« Reply #26161 on: May 24, 2024, 06:42:30 pm »
This one?

Away strip should always be this colour.  They can make the 3rd kit any colour they like but the away should be yellow with red.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26162 on: May 24, 2024, 06:45:46 pm »
Away strip should always be this colour.  They can make the 3rd kit any colour they like but the away should be yellow with red.

Going all the way back to the 70's, I never liked the away kit, until that yellow one appeared, deffo should be our standard away

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #26163 on: May 24, 2024, 07:18:14 pm »
The white one with the black shorts is the way to go and our original away kit.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26164 on: May 24, 2024, 08:08:15 pm »
I don't know, we've also had some very good gray away kits ...

Offline jsl2000

• Main Stander
« Reply #26165 on: May 24, 2024, 10:36:01 pm »
The white one with the black shorts is the way to go and our original away kit.

Unfortunately i remember the days of Man Utd's away kit being white shirt black shorts.  I'd rather we didn't copy them.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26166 on: May 25, 2024, 12:43:58 am »
Unfortunately i remember the days of Man Utd's away kit being white shirt black shorts.  I'd rather we didn't copy them.
They copied us.

We wore white shirts with black shorts as an away kit as early as 1896 and many times in the years between then and now. The Mancs never wore that combination until 1974.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool-change-kits.html
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26167 on: May 25, 2024, 07:02:07 am »
Yeah all those great Adidas kits will be amazing. Like the Arsenal goalkeeper kit for next season

Which is completely different from Bayern Munich's goalkeeper kit for next season, honest

Lets not pretend Adidas will be any different to Nike.

Wasting your time there!

This discussion happens every time we're about to change from one brand to another. I still remember the days of people pretending New Balance didn't use templates, completely ignoring the Celtic kits that were identical to ours

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #26168 on: May 25, 2024, 07:24:51 am »
They copied us.

We wore white shirts with black shorts as an away kit as early as 1896 and many times in the years between then and now. The Mancs never wore that combination until 1974.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool-change-kits.html

United wore white away shirts as early as 1905, but that was paired with white shorts, like you say the white shirts/black shorts combo was first used in 74, must admit i do like United's white kits, our white away kit the other year was WTF, that gave me headaches, & didn't help we rarely won when wearing it.

#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26169 on: May 25, 2024, 08:46:52 am »
United wore white away shirts as early as 1905, but that was paired with white shorts, like you say the white shirts/black shorts combo was first used in 74, must admit i do like United's white kits, our white away kit the other year was WTF, that gave me headaches, & didn't help we rarely won when wearing it.
Yep, I checked their historical kits just to be sure. As you say, it wasn't until 1974 that they paired a white shirt with black shorts. We'd done so numerous times previously, as early as 1896.

The reality is neither club copied the other. It's not an uncommon combination of colours. It's just that the poster I was replying to suggested we'd copied United with the white shirt, black shorts combo. Of course, that's not the case.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 08:48:59 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26170 on: May 25, 2024, 08:50:10 am »

I remember people calling me and SoS and others for saying Nike made shite kits, that it was the younger ones who would like them - my kids absolutely hated that kit and haven't liked many of Nikes kits, including the new home shirt.

I kept saying the kit is first and foremost a football kit, like you experienced, that kit fucked with your eyes and did give you a headache, you couldn't look at it, my youngest said it made his eyes hurt - no wonder we couldn't win in it, it will have fucked with the players vision.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26171 on: May 25, 2024, 08:54:14 am »
Yep, I checked their historical kits just to be sure. As you say, it wasn't until 1974 that they paired a white shirt with black shorts. We'd done so numerous times previously, as early as 1896.

The reality is neither club copied the other. It's not an uncommon combination of colours. It's just that the poster I was replying to suggested we'd copied United with the white shirt, black shorts combo. Of course, that's not the case.

Yeah thay varied between all white with red trim, blue and white and a even had a shirt that looked like a humbug. They also wore the same away as Arsenal, yellow and blue as a 3rd kit in the early 70's. Blue has been a recurring theme for them since the 1930's
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #26172 on: May 25, 2024, 06:26:00 pm »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26173 on: May 25, 2024, 06:37:27 pm »
If it's genuine, that totally passed me by. You live and learn.
It's one of them for me. I have vague memories of us having such a yellow jacket, but I'm not even sure if they are real memories now. Age, eh! 😂

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #26174 on: May 26, 2024, 12:31:53 am »
It's one of them for me. I have vague memories of us having such a yellow jacket, but I'm not even sure if they are real memories now. Age, eh! 😂

I can vividly recall Kenny wearing a white version, but never a yellow one.

Maybe if Adidas do take over as our kit supplier, some of these 'classic' designs will reappear as a retro line of merch in the club store.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26175 on: May 26, 2024, 01:20:11 am »
I don't know, we've also had some very good gray away kits ...

Arguably the worst grey kit we've had, although there are some fond memories attached to that kit
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #26176 on: May 27, 2024, 07:26:53 am »
Any reliable links for cheap kids kits 

https://www.jjsport00.com/Liverpool-c81082.html  Not working anymore

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26177 on: May 27, 2024, 02:17:14 pm »
We were looking at how you spot fake kits, as my lad wanted to buy a Dortmund shirt, If you put the product code and name into google, it gives you an image - so the twat gets his Liverpool shirts, bangs in the code - DM1840-452 - from his 23/24 player version and gets this

He's had a right moan and called me a tight bastard as of 4 kits, only one came back correct - DJ7860-377

Also, if its got a pen mark on the wash label, its a fake. Now, are these marks being put on by the manufacturer, or in the Nike factory in Indonesia?

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #26178 on: May 28, 2024, 01:01:44 am »

Sidenote... that away/third kit is a beauty.
A right shame we only had it one season AND hardly wore it.
Only got worn for like three games, no?

Looked ace on the players too.
That's how you make a cracking away/third kit - funky, but not too silly.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #26179 on: May 28, 2024, 10:38:28 am »
Yeah all those great Adidas kits will be amazing. Like the Arsenal goalkeeper kit for next season

Which is completely different from Bayern Munich's goalkeeper kit for next season, honest

Lets not pretend Adidas will be any different to Nike.

Wasting your time there!

This discussion happens every time we're about to change from one brand to another. I still remember the days of people pretending New Balance didn't use templates, completely ignoring the Celtic kits that were identical to ours

I personally don't have any issue with the major brands making use of templates, or at least having a style set that is adapted between clubs (i.e. a choice from a range of different fabric/print/neck/sleeve/cuff/etc options). Bit of a shame when things end up identical, I suppose, like the Arsenal & Bayern keeper kits used in the example above - it's all about the home kit for me though.

I don't really know what people expect - these are major sportswear brands who put a lot of work into their own signature styles over periods of time, and the clubs decide to enter into partnerships with them that work for them on a financial & stylistic point of view. Probably all manner of cost & sustainability issues if everything was entirely unique anyway, particularly when a range of 5+ kits only lasts twelve months anyway.

Maybe we should make our own in order to be able to have something unique - was it Southampton who had their own brand for a period of time in the 00s?

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #26180 on: May 28, 2024, 11:05:50 am »
I personally don't have any issue with the major brands making use of templates, or at least having a style set that is adapted between clubs (i.e. a choice from a range of different fabric/print/neck/sleeve/cuff/etc options). Bit of a shame when things end up identical, I suppose, like the Arsenal & Bayern keeper kits used in the example above - it's all about the home kit for me though.

I don't really know what people expect - these are major sportswear brands who put a lot of work into their own signature styles over periods of time, and the clubs decide to enter into partnerships with them that work for them on a financial & stylistic point of view. Probably all manner of cost & sustainability issues if everything was entirely unique anyway, particularly when a range of 5+ kits only lasts twelve months anyway.

Maybe we should make our own in order to be able to have something unique - was it Southampton who had their own brand for a period of time in the 00s?

I don't have any issue with it either but I just find it strange when people expect one brand to be better than the other when its literally the same process for each of them. They present the clubs with their templates for the season and the club then chooses the design that they want. Sometimes the club makes the right choice (e.g. our shirt this season just gone) and sometimes they make absolutely horrific choices (e.g. our shirt for next season)

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26181 on: May 28, 2024, 12:18:18 pm »
I don't have any issue with it either but I just find it strange when people expect one brand to be better than the other when its literally the same process for each of them. They present the clubs with their templates for the season and the club then chooses the design that they want. Sometimes the club makes the right choice (e.g. our shirt this season just gone) and sometimes they make absolutely horrific choices (e.g. our shirt for next season)
If this was the best pick of the options. I shudder to think about the rejected ones.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #26182 on: May 28, 2024, 12:45:15 pm »
If this was the best pick of the options. I shudder to think about the rejected ones.

You only have to look at other Nike kits for next season or our rumoured away and third kits to see that there were much better options. I believe the manager and the captain choose the new kits for the season, or at least I know thats been the case at other clubs in the past, so blame Jurgen and Virgil ;D

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26183 on: May 28, 2024, 01:51:36 pm »
You only have to look at other Nike kits for next season or our rumoured away and third kits to see that there were much better options. I believe the manager and the captain choose the new kits for the season, or at least I know thats been the case at other clubs in the past, so blame Jurgen and Virgil ;D
Klopp out!

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26184 on: May 28, 2024, 04:39:29 pm »

People expect completely unique to Liverpool kits (all 3 might I add), no template usage at all despite that being what they all do, plain kits but not too plain, a throwback to the kits of old, but don’t just copy it… change it a bit but without making it too modern or with any different kinds of elements, home kit to be red but not just a standard red… copy that recent darker shade of red the other company you compete with implemented and for the love of god if you dare get the socks wrong I will hunt you down… just that all wrapped in a big ‘highest paying kit deal’ style bow.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #26185 on: May 28, 2024, 04:57:49 pm »
People expect completely unique to Liverpool kits (all 3 might I add), no template usage at all despite that being what they all do, plain kits but not too plain, a throwback to the kits of old, but don’t just copy it… change it a bit but without making it too modern or with any different kinds of elements, home kit to be red but not just a standard red… copy that recent darker shade of red the other company you compete with implemented and for the love of god if you dare get the socks wrong I will hunt you down… just that all wrapped in a big ‘highest paying kit deal’ style bow.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Oqk_fN0NRgg?si=rBXrddcFSP6nTYQZ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Oqk_fN0NRgg?si=rBXrddcFSP6nTYQZ</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #26186 on: May 28, 2024, 11:14:00 pm »

It's a daft expectation, even the second adidas era we had kits which the template which was used for other clubs, seem to remember Chelsea having the same template as we did for the 08-10 kit.

#Sausages

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #26187 on: May 29, 2024, 12:02:23 am »
JFT 96

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #26188 on: May 30, 2024, 03:48:12 pm »
I remember people calling me and SoS and others for saying Nike made shite kits, that it was the younger ones who would like them - my kids absolutely hated that kit and haven't liked many of Nikes kits, including the new home shirt.

I kept saying the kit is first and foremost a football kit, like you experienced, that kit fucked with your eyes and did give you a headache, you couldn't look at it, my youngest said it made his eyes hurt - no wonder we couldn't win in it, it will have fucked with the players vision.
Give it 10 years and that kit and many of the 3rd kits will be worth a lot of money. It is how it is.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26189 on: May 31, 2024, 11:51:13 am »
Does anyone know what date the black away kit is released and in the shops?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26190 on: May 31, 2024, 12:02:05 pm »
Give it 10 years and that kit and many of the 3rd kits will be worth a lot of money. It is how it is.

Yep, people will overpay for shite, just to own it. Then they'll make up some bollocks reason why its ok to spunk £200 or more on a shite shirt ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26191 on: June 2, 2024, 03:28:51 pm »
My lad saw this the other day so I picked it up for him, its the 2022 shirt. Its a cracking shirt in the flesh, we should have done something similar as an away, rather than the headache inducing effort we got

Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26192 on: June 2, 2024, 05:07:23 pm »
My lad saw this the other day so I picked it up for him, its the 2022 shirt. Its a cracking shirt in the flesh, we should have done something similar as an away, rather than the headache inducing effort we got

My son went on a school trip to Italy…and came back with that Netherlands shirt. :D Just washed it today, still holds up quite well. Bit weird but it’s grown on me.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26193 on: June 2, 2024, 06:37:35 pm »
https://x.com/Footy_Headlines/status/1797313995344412759

𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: Liverpool and Nike to to Launch Huge Air Max Collection in 2025.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #26194 on: June 3, 2024, 04:24:20 pm »
Bit weird but it’s grown on me.
You lost weight Nick?  ;)
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26195 on: June 3, 2024, 04:36:50 pm »
My son went on a school trip to Italy…and came back with that Netherlands shirt. :D Just washed it today, still holds up quite well. Bit weird but it’s grown on me.

I like it. People say they want different but good and that design works for me - main thing is my kids loved it. My other lad has the earlier shirt with the lions head in it, that's a decent shirt too
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26196 on: June 6, 2024, 03:07:16 pm »
Jimbo doing a Q&A on a podcast.

I fully expect Adidas to take over from Nike as Liverpool’s kit supplier when the contract ends next summer.

[@JamesPearceLFC]

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26197 on: Today at 08:12:08 pm »