Author Topic: Suarez Banned For Ten Matches. No Appeal.  (Read 447982 times)

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
Re: Suarez Banned For Ten Matches
« Reply #440 on: April 24, 2013, 03:48:45 pm »
No punishment:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9995490/Manchester-City-striker-Sergio-Aguero-escapes-punishment-for-challenge-on-Chelseas-David-Luiz.html

To be fair thats a separate issue. Its ridiculous that the FA won't intervene when a referee has obviously made a mistake, but its got nothing to do with Luis' situation.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:01 pm »
I think it's fair, he has bitten people before. So he has prior.

Couple that with the fact he was proven to be Racist and had admitted diving and been seen diving and lashing out at people maybe the FA have simply had enough with his behaviour, maybe they are trying to force him out?

Look at the big picture his actions are disgracing our club, all recent press about LFC is bad and mainly about Luis.

Not true.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:04 pm »
This is the same FA who went pleading to UEFA after fat-chops Rooney volleyed the Macedonian player.

the sheer hypocrisy hey?

they couldn't care less that we all sit here and find more holes in their judgements than a sieve. they care even less that everyone can see, clear as day, that they make up rules as they go along and to please only themselves.

they don't even stop to think how their judgement will be percieved when compared with other indiscretions which have been far worse yet receive far less sanction.

the length of the ban is in no way befitting of the crime. they've simply done this because they don't like him, don't like us for supporting him, want to use Luis, and us, to make an example and because they probably believe that their game is better off without the likes of him here.

the masters of being consistenly inconsistent.

and by the way, before anyone replies with pearls about how we'd never be in this situation if Luis hadn't done what he did - no one is disputing he was bang out of order. no one expected him to walk away scot free. people did expect though that he'd receive a ban which was comensurate to the crime and not based on the player, who he is and/or his reputation.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:11 pm »
                        bellend

Harsh.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:14 pm »
So then, what time will Gordon Taylor be on the tele today?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #445 on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:17 pm »
The FA do this because they can, they can easily just show clear bias and no one can do anything to stop them. And Suarez is clearly their favourite target

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:42 pm »
It's just weird that Aguero got absolutely nothing, the effects of his challenge could be much worse than a bite can possibly do. You also get less for racism than for this. So much for the racism statement... Headbutts do much more damage than a bite aswell. Fucking FA is so inconsistent

Of course Suarez has to be punished severely, but a ten game ban is ridiculous.

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #447 on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:43 pm »
WHo actually makes up this Independent Regulatory Commission? And what is it supposed to be independent of? Common sense?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #448 on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:54 pm »
I can see this ending up in Court and not the sports arbitrational one.  I can forsee an issue arising where Luis Suarez might look to leave the club and the country because of the treatment of The FA and lack of support from the Players Union and we as a club may take both entities to court to recoup a certain amount of lost revenue should that happen.

I can honestly see this being a bit of a watershed case is sports arbitration being sought through the National legal system(s).
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #449 on: April 24, 2013, 03:50:04 pm »
Honestly, how this club reacts to this nonsense is what will determine if he stays or goes in the summer. Bend over and act like fucking clowns as the board did over Evra, say goodbye to one of the best players you'll ever see.

We need to properly go to war with the FA over this. We've been used, time and time again by those aging, incompetent, racist, scouse hating c*nts. Enough. No fucking more. 
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #450 on: April 24, 2013, 03:50:20 pm »
funny thing with keane i think he went off and had hip surgery
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline willybeamin

• Main Stander
« Reply #451 on: April 24, 2013, 03:50:27 pm »
If we try appeal can the fa not pass the buck and say. Well he got 7 from the dutch fa. And 3 added as repeat offence.

Surely we can't win any appeal so better just taking it instead of getting another 1 or 2 added to it and allowing it to rumble on for another week.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: April 24, 2013, 03:50:30 pm »
Deserved.
????

Piss off to Bayern Luis, this country doesn't deserve you.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 24, 2013, 03:50:45 pm »
This is jast madness

Hope LFC appeals.

Must buy a another striker for cover at the start of the season.

FA is like a bunch of silly little girls... Hate these twats..

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #454 on: April 24, 2013, 03:50:47 pm »
Another thing I am worried about.

I work for SCB and at my local branch they have asked us to take down a Slideshow presentation because it had some slides of Suarez in it due to our partnership with LFC.

Of course this was only our local branch but I wonder if Standard Chartered will use their weight as lead sponsor to influence the club in matters like this, if so they and their money can do one!

Absolute Joke this.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #455 on: April 24, 2013, 03:50:52 pm »
Yes, Barton had to serve his ban in France

Exactly. So we loan him to, say, Celtic (or whatever team starts their season earliest). He's there for six games but can't play in them as he's banned so he sits out the six games for them. He then comes back to us for the start of the season ready to play.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #456 on: April 24, 2013, 03:51:00 pm »
Go Luis, i'd just pack me bags. Quite clearly you are a soft target.

Offline scimitarsam

• Main Stander
« Reply #457 on: April 24, 2013, 03:51:04 pm »
Didn't think we'd be seeing him again until September (if ever).

Deserved in my opinion. What the hell is going on in your head to make you want to bite people? The lack of physical injury to Ivanovic isn't the point surely? It's the intent that's alarming. You just don't bite people!

There's no point comparing it to Defoe or Evra-gate or Hazard and the ball boy or anything/anyone else. I'm the FA's biggest critic and they've gotten 70% of decisions wrong over the years. That doesn't mean they have the right to get this one wrong just to balance things up and I don't think they have. The incident should be taken in isolation. To stop Suarez pulling this sort of shit again you do 2 things: Punish him by taking away the thing he loves the most; playing football and getting him professional help to sort his head out.

Am I the only one who feels completely left down by him? After the majority of the fanbase stood by and supported him through a very turbulent few years he does this. The support and the club have every right to be livid.

Sorry if this doesn't sit well with a lot of people on here, it's just how I see it. Some of the mindless swatting-away of the incident on here for me is just tribalism gone mad. Sad to see so many people devoid of moral fibre.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:53:36 pm by scimitarsam »
I am currently away on leave, travelling through time and will be returning last week.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: April 24, 2013, 03:51:23 pm »
10 games is harsh, but I'll guarantee he'll never do it again. He's seriously damaged our reputation again.

No bells like you damage us. He's one of us so do one.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #459 on: April 24, 2013, 03:51:25 pm »
WHo actually makes up this Independent Regulatory Commission? And what is it supposed to be independent of? Common sense?

People of the FA's choosing.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: April 24, 2013, 03:51:36 pm »
Man City defender Ben Thatcher did this to Pedro Mendes, which led to Mendes having a seizure on the pitch and a stay in hospital.

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xh17rw_ben-thatcher-elbow-on-pedro-mendes_shortfilms" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xh17rw_ben-thatcher-elbow-on-pedro-mendes_shortfilms</a>

Couldnt have complained if he was up on an attempted murder charge after that but a nibble on someones arm is deemed worse?! Utterly insane.

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #461 on: April 24, 2013, 03:51:45 pm »
????

Piss off to Bayern Luis, this country doesn't deserve you.

Hope he goes, for his sake.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #462 on: April 24, 2013, 03:51:52 pm »
Deserved in my opinion.

Eek, careful!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #463 on: April 24, 2013, 03:52:09 pm »
well said, id love to hear if you get a reply
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: April 24, 2013, 03:52:18 pm »
Think they are clearly trying to force him out of the country.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline G8S7

• Legacy Fan
  • At the end of the storm There's a golden sky
Sv: Suarez Banned For Ten Matches
« Reply #465 on: April 24, 2013, 03:52:30 pm »
I can't find a word to describe my anger. Please all of you from England go and burn the FA place.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #466 on: April 24, 2013, 03:52:35 pm »
In an official FA statement published moments ago, it outlined how Racial abuse is considered only to be a semi-serious matter, and if it involves an English player it can almost be forgiven (being considered only marginally more serious than a straight red dealt with in game). Conversely attacking someone in a borderline comical and largely strange manner whilst actaully causing no injury is considered to be exactly 2.5x's as servere, taking the offence into the hystrerical, "we don't think he's white or British", level of seriousness.
Although the statement had been met with a touch of confusion by the British media who are not used to the FA being quite so frank, an insider from a club located in London said "At least we know where everyone now stands. We need to put away the dentures and reach for the white hoods again! We're also very pleased that the FA's influence doesn't reach to extra marital activities"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:56:31 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #467 on: April 24, 2013, 03:52:49 pm »
If we try appeal can the fa not pass the buck and say. Well he got 7 from the dutch fa. And 3 added as repeat offence.

Surely we can't win any appeal so better just taking it instead of getting another 1 or 2 added to it and allowing it to rumble on for another week.

OMG, seriously, how many times has this been covered? The FA said themselves they couldn't use a ban from another FA as part of any punishment.

Sorry, not getting at you personally, just fed up of people repeating this. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: April 24, 2013, 03:53:11 pm »
Think they are clearly trying to force him out of the country.

They must think he's a Camera Obscura fan.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #469 on: April 24, 2013, 03:53:28 pm »
So biting is worse than racism. Good to know.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline ChrisSOSred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #470 on: April 24, 2013, 03:53:28 pm »
The fa can f**k off, bastards.
Cameron has most probably had a word on the quiet to the corrupt bastard fa independant my f**king arse panel, upset those scousers over the witch parties.
Corrupt f**kers

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: April 24, 2013, 03:53:39 pm »
Eek, careful!

You're surprised emotions are high after our best player has been banned for 10 games?  ??? A decision even the club disagrees with?

Swerve all that like. Obviously you can have your opinion but don't be surprised that people are disagreeing with it in a big way in the immediate aftermatch

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #472 on: April 24, 2013, 03:53:58 pm »
I won't list the dozens of incidents that have received less punishment that this is nowhere near as bad as, Nor will I point out the FA seemingly think that biting someone is two and a half times as bad as racist language committed by a British player.

What I will say is this is a barefaced attempt to push Luis Suarez out of the country from a morally repugnant governing body who took 24 years to apologise, in the most mealy-mouthed manner, for it's role in the death of innocent people. These are the self-appointed arbiters of moral decency who determine that a bite is more offensive to the senses than stamps, two-footed tackles, forearm smashes and racism. The vile, corrupt, governing body who despite apologising still haven't held up their hands over their role in Hillsborough. A bite needs responding to within 3 days. Coporate manslaughter... Leave that for a quarter of a century.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: April 24, 2013, 03:54:20 pm »
He'll only be banned for longer.

Nah, no-way can they deem an appeal 'frivolous'.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: April 24, 2013, 03:54:24 pm »
The club better appeal. No excuses, all the fucking way. Personally I would drop out of the FA Cup. And quit all connection with the c*nts. Can't wait till they get sued the fuck out of. c*nts.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #475 on: April 24, 2013, 03:54:26 pm »
People can debate the length of the ban all they want, but end of the day if Suarez had not acted like a animal we would not be here. Why is he again void of any blame ?

Absolutely spot on

I love Suarez. The lads a cracking good player, but at the end of the day, he acted the c*nt here. He let himself, his team mates and the club down big time. I mean, there really is no way defend him here. He took an opponents arm and bit it. The intent is as clear as day. You could probably defend a bad tackle on the grounds that he was going for the ball, or defend an elbow to the face on the grounds that he was jumping to head the ball, but there is absolutely zero ground for excuse here. None whatsoever. What he did was terrible. And when you consider that this isn't the first time that he has done this to an opponent then his defense just diminishes even further

Now I'm all for supporting our players through thick and thin. I supported him 100% during the whole Evra saga. But this is different. He really fucked up this time and there's no way to defend it. We can accuse the FA of corruption all we like. We can debate the 10 game ban and weather or not its severity is warranted until the cows come home. To me they are just asides. The real issue here is that one of our players acted in an inexcusable manner. I wouldn't even bother appealing the ban. In fact, I think it might be more prudent if the staff and management of the club focused on ensuring Suarez never does anything like this again. Like I said, I love Suarez the footballer. But he fucked up here. And he should be made realize it if you ask me, before he goes letting the club down again any time in the future 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: April 24, 2013, 03:54:28 pm »
Getting flashbacks to this thread in here http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=284323.0

He's guilty, but not 10 games guilty.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: April 24, 2013, 03:54:38 pm »
Rival fans are actually arguing with me about this. Their reasons being that Suarez 'deserves it', that he's a 'serial offender' and that the FA need to 'make a point.'

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #478 on: April 24, 2013, 03:55:20 pm »
I won't list the dozens of incidents that have received less punishment that this is nowhere near as bad as, Nor will I point out the FA seemingly think that biting someone is two and a half times as bad as racist language committed by a British player.

What I will say is this is a barefaced attempt to push Luis Suarez out of the country from a morally repugnant governing body who took 24 years to apologise, in the most mealy-mouthed manner, for it's role in the death of innocent people. These are the self-appointed arbiters of moral decency who determine that a bite is more offensive to the senses than stamps, two-footed tackles, forearm smashes and racism. The vile, corrupt, governing body who despite apologising still haven't held up their hands over their role in Hillsborough. A bite needs responding to within 3 days. Coporate manslaughter... Leave that for a quarter of a century.
Hear fucking hear mate
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: April 24, 2013, 03:55:25 pm »
What are the FA rules around previous character/offences ?

Lots of people claim that they are not allowed to factor in any of this in but is that true ?

If you base the decision on everything Luis has done since he joined us then it is a bit harder to argue with the length of the ban.

Either way Suarez is the villain here, he bit someone on a football pitch, he let the club down again and gave the FA yet another excuse to punish him.